• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 faithmc

faithmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:25 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Natalie has worn the same dress 3 times this season. It's a pale gray dress with a thin black belt. She wears it in "Mr. Monk is Someone Else", "Mr Monk Goes to Group Therapy" and "Mr Monk and Sharona". I first noticed it in the group therapy episode. I was like hey she had that dress on before. Then when I saw the dress again tonight I was so surprised. I even viewed each show again tonight to confirm it. I felt like I solved a case like Monk. Here's how it happened... Ok I'll stop being silly. Three times in one season, though? What is wardrobe doing? That's crazy! LOL!

#2 MrsNatalieMonk

MrsNatalieMonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Natalie has worn the same dress 3 times this season. It's a pale gray dress with a thin black belt. She wears it in "Mr. Monk is Someone Else", "Mr Monk Goes to Group Therapy" and "Mr Monk and Sharona". I first noticed it in the group therapy episode. I was like hey she had that dress on before. Then when I saw the dress again tonight I was so surprised. I even viewed each show again tonight to confirm it. I felt like I solved a case like Monk. Here's how it happened... Ok I'll stop being silly. Three times in one season, though? What is wardrobe doing? That's crazy! LOL!

What's creepy is I JUST posted this in the episode discussion thread! Along with pics. There's actually two outfits that got repeated tonight. Although slightly altered, the white (Monk-like) shirt and jeans was also worn in "Group Therapy". I actually forgot about the "Someone Else" with the gray dress, but you're right!

#3 faithmc

faithmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

That is creepy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices these types of things.

#4 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

Monk doesn't pay Natalie enough to throw clothes away after she wears them once.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#5 livelaughlove

livelaughlove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

Monk doesn't pay Natalie enough to throw clothes away after she wears them once.

She also wore the same exact red shirt she had on in Mr. Monk and the ufo at the very ending, in Mr Monk takes a stand and i think something else, i cant remeber though.
I'm a big fan of Tony/Adrian

how could anyone resist this cutie pie's smile!

#6 Tonyfan

Tonyfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

LOL you got the point :D
Tony Shalhoub is the best actor, I could be wrong but I'm not!!!
crime scene, witness, suspect, question............ ( A. Monk )
The End

#7 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

Well, this is the final season. They probably figured that they could save a little money by recycling wardrobe. OR, Natalie has been around Monk so long that she has picked up his habits and she really has 10 identical gray dresses, just like Monk has identical outfits! ;)

#8 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

I noticed the dress too, I don't mind though, she looks great in it, and it's not like she can afford to have a different outfit for every day of the year (or the closet space).

#9 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:22 AM

I noticed the dress too, I don't mind though, she looks great in it, and it's not like she can afford to have a different outfit for every day of the year (or the closet space).

:) She does fill that dress out rather well!

#10 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

:) She does fill that dress out rather well!

Especially down south! Ha cha cha!

#11 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:40 AM

Especially down south! Ha cha cha!

:) Yes, she has a nice caboose for sure!

#12 KetchupMaster

KetchupMaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:10 AM

Maybe Natalie is turning "monkish"...she has to where the same clothes all the time

#13 gingercookie

gingercookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

Perhaps Natalie is just like a normal person? I know I can't afford to wear something once and throw it away...

#14 bigkitty75

bigkitty75

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

Natilie always looks nice, and she often metions that Monk doesn't pay alot/her on time. Have you ever worn an every day outfit once and then pitched it? I haven't. Did any one else not love that hot pink top Sharona was wearing? (When Randy sees her and is practically drooling) lol. I thought it was kinda funny, remeber that episode when Randy's like "We had a they will, they won't thing going on" (somthing like that) I guess they sorta did, kinda. But I still like Natilie + Randy better.
Official Keeper of the Little Boy Cat and Mrs. Pickles for the CMP^2

Neal: *Smiling* What?
Peter: Have you ever met a woman that didn't...?
Neal: *sigh* Brittany. Britany Nicole. Second grade.
Peter: ...
Neal: What? I had a gap in my teeth.

Juliet: Detective Lassiter is literally on fire today.
Shawn: "Literally on fire" as in Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial, or as in misuse of the word "literally"?

[epic=10] Me. [/fail]

#15 Renee33

Renee33

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

It's a very pretty dress, and it does make sense for her to wear clothes more than once. Actually, more TV shows should do that. Everyone wears clothes more than once in real life, and it wouldn't hurt to take a baby step towards realism. :D

Banner by NatalieDisher; avatar by artisis

Vick: "Mr. Spencer, let me be frank."
Shawn: "As long as I can be Dean and Gus can be Sammy."

Gus: "And what exactly does this detective look like?"
Stuart: "Imagine Robert Goulet dressed like Mr. Bean playing the Scarecrow in a summer stock production of The Wizard of Oz dedicated to Tony Randall."

Fingers crossed for Crash Dummies on USA!

#16 MrsNatalieMonk

MrsNatalieMonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

While it does make for more realism, I'm thinking with this being the last season, the wardrobe department didn't want to go out of its way to make a bunch of new outfits that will just have to be auctioned/sold off in a few months anyways. The realism was probably just another excuse for taking that route.

#17 PostalMonk

PostalMonk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

I noticed, but I just assumed that Natalie simply wasn't paid enough to keep getting new clothes.

#18 PostalMonk

PostalMonk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Now, if only Natalie would wear that red dress again, the one from Mr. Monk is Someone Else! :rolleyes:

#19 DisherTheories

DisherTheories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

OH MY HECK- I WORE THE SAME BLOUSE 9 DAYS AGO! WHAT THE HECK?
aka CrystalSmith until my account works again.

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a fan."

http://www.ucmensoctetfan.weebly.com

#20 adrianna10

adrianna10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

I noticed, but I just assumed that Natalie simply wasn't paid enough to keep getting new clothes.

I have considered it weird, that Natalie has always new fine-looking clothers, although she is a single mother and working to Monk.....but I have thought, that this is a tv-world. But still....different clothes even in different scenens in the same episode.....It dosn´t hurt me to see her in same dress in different scenes.....wellcome to the reality, tv-characters! :D

By the way, I have always admired Natalie´s style.
It doesn´t have to be perfect.....but it doesn´t hurt, if it is.

Goodbye, mr Monk.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved