• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

I may be reading to much into this. But in a recent interview with Tony Shalhoub and Bitty Schram there was a very, let's say... interesting exchange.

Moderator Thank you. Now we have a follow-up from the line of Christine Nyholm of TheExaminer.com.

C. Nyholm Hi again. My question is really for both of you. Is there ever any thought of making the relationships more than friendship and turning them romantic — with both Sharona and with Natalie?

T. Shalhoub Any thought on my part or on the writers’ part?

C. Nyholm On the writers.

B. Schram We came close, Tony. There was some – Tony, remember when we had to kind of try to kiss or something and …

T. Shalhoub We were posing as a married couple. Yes.

C. Nyholm I think I remember that one.

B. Schram That was funny.

T. Shalhoub That was good. I don’t want to answer that too directly because some of the upcoming episodes start to speak to that. And I wouldn’t want to reveal anything prematurely.

C. Nyholm Thank you.

So... if I read this right, the upcoming episodes show at least a possibility of a Monk, Natalie romance. I sure hope I'm right about this.

#2 jack346

jack346

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

I sure hope you're right! :)

That was a great interview!
This final season brought back hope, and now after reading what Tony said, I'm really excited! :D

#3 jseven03

jseven03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

can i get the original article please....:)

#4 Chibizaki

Chibizaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

can i get the original article please....:)

I did a search and I think this may be where they got it from.

Tony Shalhoub and Bitty Schram interview on Nice Girls TV

#5 jack346

jack346

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

I did a search and I think this may be where they got it from.

Tony Shalhoub and Bitty Schram interview on Nice Girls TV

Yeah, this is it. Metacomet posted a link in the "New articles" thread.

Edited by jack346, 22 October 2009 - 11:17 PM.

#6 Monk_Nat08

Monk_Nat08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for posting the link.

I've been waiting this whole week (which feels like forever) to see how Natalie and Sharona act towards each other...I wonder if it's going to be like the book Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants?

#7 Chibizaki

Chibizaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, this is it. Metacomet posted the link in the "New articles" threat.

Ah, I see. I hadn't seen that post yet and just read this one first.

Back to the topic.... It IS indeed interesting how TS phrased that... ;)

#8 jseven03

jseven03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

thanks for the link! i'm on cloud 9!!

#9 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

T. Shalhoub That was good. I don't want to answer that too directly because some of the upcoming episodes start to speak to that. And I wouldn't want to reveal anything prematurely.

Spoiler:
Sounds more to me like Leland and T.K., considering Adrian and Sharona were posing as a married couple ...

We know there's a wedding coming up ... and the "Best Man" episode is the one before "the Badge" (and isn't Virginia Madsen supposed to be in three episodes? "Happy Birthday", "Best Man" and ...? Very interesting ... plus, her character's name is, coincidentally: "Trudy" ...

Edited by Tami, 23 October 2009 - 01:20 AM.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#10 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:53 AM

Spoiler:
Sounds more to me like Leland and T.K., considering Adrian and Sharona were posing as a married couple ...

We know there's a wedding coming up ... and the "Best Man" episode is the one before "the Badge" (and isn't Virginia Madsen supposed to be in three episodes? "Happy Birthday", "Best Man" and ...? Very interesting ... plus, her character's name is, coincidentally: "Trudy" ...

Perhaps, however, the question specifically mentioned a relationship between Monk and Natalie, and I think (I'm not positive) that this interview was done after the airing of "Happy Birthday Mr. Monk" Where The Captain and T.K. meet and get to like eachother very much.

#11 USAnetworkFREEK

USAnetworkFREEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

I may be reading to much into this. But in a recent interview with Tony Shalhoub and Bitty Schram there was a very, let's say... interesting exchange.

Moderator Thank you. Now we have a follow-up from the line of Christine Nyholm of TheExaminer.com.

C. Nyholm Hi again. My question is really for both of you. Is there ever any thought of making the relationships more than friendship and turning them romantic — with both Sharona and with Natalie?

T. Shalhoub Any thought on my part or on the writers’ part?

C. Nyholm On the writers.

B. Schram We came close, Tony. There was some – Tony, remember when we had to kind of try to kiss or something and …

T. Shalhoub That was good. I don’t want to answer that too directly because some of the upcoming episodes start to speak to that. And I wouldn’t want to reveal anything prematurely.

C. Nyholm Thank you.

So... if I read this right, the upcoming episodes show at least a possibility of a Monk, Natalie romance. I sure hope I'm right about this.

Tony and Bitty interview? Like a video interview? Could you post a link for the interview? Please, if you have it.
Check out my Monk videos at...www.youtube.com/user/Monklover1996

Stanley's unexpected passing in 2008

"He was always helpful, always inspiring, always there for you..."
"Stanley left us way too soon." -Ted Levine
"As Monk's therapist, Dr. Kroger, Stanley conveyed the same warmth, humor, and generous spirit that he had in real life." -Traylor Howard
"Last year we lost a dear friend and treasured member of the Monk family to heart disease...Stanley Kamel." -Tony Shalhoub

Monk's final season

"It's bitter sweet." -Tony Shalhoub
"It's getting close and it's really starting to get sad!" -Tony Shalhoub
"...I'm just gonna' miss the people."-Traylor Howard
"...Don't stop Believin' then they're gonna' cut to black." -Jason Gray-Stanford

#12 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

There's is a link in the articles sthread. I'm not able to post links with my computer.

#13 jseven03

jseven03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

Spoiler:

posing as a married couple....they were talking about from the eppy Mr Monk gets Married

#14 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

posing as a married couple....they were talking about from the eppy Mr Monk gets Married

Yes, I understand that they were talking about that episode ...

Spoiler:
... what I was referring to about Leland and T.K. was that Tony said: "I don’t want to answer that too directly because some of the upcoming episodes start to speak to that. And I wouldn’t want to reveal anything prematurely."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#15 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Yes, I understand that they were talking about that episode ...

Spoiler:
... what I was referring to about Leland and T.K. was that Tony said: "I don't want to answer that too directly because some of the upcoming episodes start to speak to that. And I wouldn't want to reveal anything prematurely."

Again, this could be what Tony is talking about, however I doubt it because 1. The question was regaurding a Monk/Natalie relationship. Not one that Leland is involved in. 2. I believe this interview was done after the airing of "Happy Birthaday Mr. Monk" which, if I'm right about that, there would be no reason for Tony to be covert about the Captain and T.K. because the viewers already know that something is happening there.

#16 FinnMac

FinnMac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

That could be very funny if Mank and Natalie were to have some sort of relationship, but I don't get that from his answer. Obviously it could mean that, but it could just as easlity mean that any chance of a relationship is eliminated in upcoming episodes. Oh well, who knows. i can go either way as long as they keep it funny.

#17 jack346

jack346

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Again, this could be what Tony is talking about, however I doubt it because 1. The question was regaurding a Monk/Natalie relationship. Not one that Leland is involved in. 2. I believe this interview was done after the airing of "Happy Birthaday Mr. Monk" which, if I'm right about that, there would be no reason for Tony to be covert about the Captain and T.K. because the viewers already know that something is happening there.

I agree. We already know that the Captain and T.K. relationship is something more than just a friendship.. and the question specifically involved Monk, Sharona, and Natalie. I personally think that Tony was talking about Monk and Natalie. But I could be wrong.

#18 Jatelovr58

Jatelovr58

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

That DOES sound like it is talking about M/N. So potential "YAY!!!!!!" :lol:
I dunno, but it wouldnt surprise me...I'm excited to see the Monk, Natalie, and Sharona interaction tonight.

#19 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

He was definitely talking about Monk and Natalie, but he wasn't promising anybody anything. I know it doesn't do any good to tell shippers not to get their hopes up, because they wouldn't be shippers if they didn't, but don't get your hopes up.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#20 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

He was definitely talking about Monk and Natalie, but he wasn't promising anybody anything. I know it doesn't do any good to tell shippers not to get their hopes up, because they wouldn't be shippers if they didn't, but don't get your hopes up.

Okay...I'll bite...I guess I have missed something somewhere??? What is a shipper?
And while I have never thought about Monk and Natalie being romantically involved if the writers for this series have come up with this as the story line then I believe it will work. I'd love to see them match up but I would be okay even if they don't as long as everyone has some closure ... Monk has been so awkward about everything romantic it would be great to see him relax in that regard and just let things happen....I can't way...and I can wait... Excited and sad...like everyone else...no matter how it all plays out ...when it is finally over ...I know I will feel as though something is missing ...and then realize it's MONK ...Thank goodness for reruns!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved