• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#21 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

Can anyone help me reference the dishes at the top which are NOT in bold?

Those are the ones that have not been paired with their episodes yet. I don't have a lot of time right now to go back and find them so if anyone remembers the episode, just let me know thanks.

If not, I will get to their references the next chance I get.

Also, remember if you can think of any dishes that might not necessarily be a reference to a specific episode those are welcome as well. I added Goulash by Gus and Madeline's Tender Loin to the mix, neither of which are actually a reference to something said in the show.

Edited by DoggyDoc65, 20 October 2009 - 06:58 PM.

"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#22 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

My newest additions...

Black and Tan Bruschi (Black and Tan: A Crime of Fashion...a mixture of Shawn's favorite dark porter and Gus' favorite pale ale to rival the perfect partnership of the Shawn (Black) and Gus (Tan) male models)

Crazy Pineapple Platter (There's Something About Mira...The perfect finger food choice for a wedding)

Harbor Grill Nachos (There's Something About Mira...Only found at the nicest restaurant in Santa Barbara)

Mira Gaffney Goldschlager Shot (There's Something About Mira...One round of this stuff and you will probably be married the next day having used a goat as your best man)

Pineapple-flavored Jellybeans (Rob-a-Bye Baby...They're NOT a good idea to mix with popcorn-flavored jellybeans)

Edited by DoggyDoc65, 20 October 2009 - 07:26 PM.

"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#23 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Three new suggestions:
Molten Lava Chicken (Bollywood Homicide)
Pumpkin Pancakes (with or without a side of Lingcod) (An Evening with Mr. Yang)
And this may be a little twisted but how about...
Bianca's Toast
Eat. Sleep. Psych.

Official PineappleCarver of the CMP2

#24 USAophile

USAophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

Bianca's Toast

:lol:

Lassiter: We're all ears, Lightly.
Mary: You really are all ears, Carlton. It's spectacular"

Shawn: Dude, I can't see anything out of my left eye.
Gus: I see dead people.

Henry Spencer: Are you busy on Saturday?
Shawn Spencer: You want me to come with you to awkward class?

pineapple.jpg
Proprietor of Pineapple Observation for the CMP^2

#25 BlackTsChica

BlackTsChica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

How about:

Magic Head's Famous Magic 8 MeatBalls
Lavender Goomes Stuffed Shrooms
Donut Holesteins' Flaming Fried Dough
Chad's Chirrizos Mi Gusto Queso (not sure if I said that right)
Jell-O Cake (Ghosts - Gus asks Shawn if his mom can make Jell-O Cake)
Applejack Flapjacks
QuarterBlack's Blackened Catfish with Fried Ocra and Momma's Mac and Cheese (thinking of Joon's "My momma bought me that car!!!")
Mentalist Menudo

Edited by BlackTsChica, 20 October 2009 - 07:48 PM.

Posted Image
Ah QuarterBlack...you gotta love'em.
And now, say it with me, SHABBASHASSIESHULES (ala Fred Flinstone)
Shawn "Steak N Shake" Spencer and Gus "Porkbelly" Johnson

#26 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

Bianca's Toast

Ha ha, I love it! To use the words of Billy from Tuesday the 17th..."Let's twist this!" Great additions. Thank you.

Edited by DoggyDoc65, 20 October 2009 - 07:44 PM.

"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#27 bethgreen

bethgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

From 'Shawn Gets the Yips:'
GUS: Looks like we're having Doritos for dinner.
SHAWN: You say that like it's a bad thing.

In honor of Shawn and Gus' favorite snack food:
The folks over at Group Recipes say that the best Doritos recipes can be found here.
To name a few: Dorito Casserole, Doritos Ramen Salad, and Cottage Cheese and Doritos El Pepper.

#28 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

How about:

Magic Head's Famous Magic 8 MeatBalls
Donut Holesteins' Flaming Fried Dough
Chad's Chirrizos Mi Gusto Queso (not sure if I said that right)
Jell-O Cake (Ghosts - Gus asks Shawn if his mom can make Jell-O Cake)
Applejack Flapjacks
QuarterBlack's Blackened Catfish with Fried Ocra and Momma's Mac and Cheese (thinking of Joon's "My momma bought me that car!!!")
Mentalist Menudo

Terrific addtions! There were a couple in which I couldn't remember the episode title...

Side note: I didn't know what a menudo was so I put it in the Anything Goes Section. Then I looked it up and realized it was a soup! It was adjusted accordingly on the big list.

Please keep sending in ideas. I have to study :angry: but will update more of the master list tomorrow :D
"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#29 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

From 'Shawn Gets the Yips:'
GUS: Looks like we're having Doritos for dinner.
SHAWN: You say that like it's a bad thing.

In honor of Shawn and Gus' favorite snack food:
The folks over at Group Recipes say that the best Doritos recipes can be found here.
To name a few: Dorito Casserole, Doritos Ramen Salad, and Cottage Cheese and Doritos El Pepper.

Great idea. I'll add in a Doritos Dinner section tomorrow! Thanks
"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#30 BlackTsChica

BlackTsChica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Terrific addtions! There were a couple in which I couldn't remember the episode title...

Side note: I didn't know what a menudo was so I put it in the Anything Goes Section. Then I looked it up and realized it was a soup! It was adjusted accordingly on the big list.

Please keep sending in ideas. I have to study :angry: but will update more of the master list tomorrow :D

Oh! I'll add the name of the shows that they came from!

Posted Image

#31 BlackTsChica

BlackTsChica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Magic Head's Famous Magic 8 MeatBalls - Red Phantom (Magic Head) Magic 8 Ball (Let's Get Hairy)

- Lights, Action...Homocidio (Lavender Goomes)

Donut Holesteins' Flaming Fried Dough - Boy Gets Capped - Donut Holstein's Gus' nickname

Chad's Chirrizos Mi Gusto Queso (not sure if I said that right) - Lights, Action...Homocidio (Shawn's character name is Chad and Lassie's line Mi Gusto Queso)

Jell-O Cake - Ghosts - Gus asks Shawn if his mom can make Jell-O Cake

Applejack Flapjacks - Meat is Murder and Murder is Murder - Shawn's Applejack T-Shirt

QuarterBlack's Blackened Catfish with Fried Ocra and Momma's Mac and Cheese (Hi-Top Fade Joon's line "My momma bought me that car!!!")

Mentalist Menudo - Hi-Top Fade - New Quartet's name. :) - A few show's have Mentalist references, but go with Boy Gets Capped

And add....

Shawn's Prawns
- No eppy - just playing off dude's names. :D

Edited by BlackTsChica, 20 October 2009 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#32 psychrulz

psychrulz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

Tacos!!! Of any sort! You know the boys love 'em!

And ya know.... Risotto ;)

Official Pineapple Dancer for the CMP^2

#33 Fizzlederbul

Fizzlederbul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

Can't think of the episode off the top of my head, but Shawn has a line that says "Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater." Could make something off of that line. Just a thought.

A car thief got poisoned by his boss. He used something over the counter. Fizadine. No...Fizaderbul...

#34 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:45 AM

Tacos!!! Of any sort! You know the boys love 'em!

And ya know.... Risotto ;)

That is a good point about the tacos. And since Shawn and Gus love tacos of every variety I came up with Todos Tacos Del Mundo. What do you think?

Do you remember the conversation between Shawn and Gus when they were discussing burritos and Shawn mentioned how "Everyone knows that the taco has assimilated Gus, but the burrito still stands alone." I can't remember which episode that was...I would love to use that one as a reference eppy for this dish.

I can't place the Risotto reference either. It sounds so familiar but I've got nothing right now (I've been reading about antibiotics for like 4 hours :blink: ). Could you elaborate on the episode and situation? Thanks for the additions!

Edited by DoggyDoc65, 21 October 2009 - 01:01 AM.

"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#35 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:52 AM

Can't think of the episode off the top of my head, but Shawn has a line that says "Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater." Could make something off of that line. Just a thought.

I can't remember right now either. It's too late for me to think clearly! I would think though between the two of us and all the other fans we can figure this out. If anyone knows it feel free to help us out. Good addition nonetheless. Thanks!

As far as my newest additions...

Spudd Nelson!!!!! (I'm going to reference Murder?...Anyone?...Bueller?, but we all know there are plenty of Judd Nelson references in other episodes. Of course I will be changing the eppy reference once Judd has made his appearance in the second half of the season! Cannot wait for that.)
"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#36 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

Magic Head's Famous Magic 8 MeatBalls - Red Phantom (Magic Head) Magic 8 Ball (Let's Get Hairy)

- Lights, Action...Homocidio (Lavender Goomes)

Donut Holesteins' Flaming Fried Dough - Boy Gets Capped - Donut Holstein's Gus' nickname

Chad's Chirrizos Mi Gusto Queso (not sure if I said that right) - Lights, Action...Homocidio (Shawn's character name is Chad and Lassie's line Mi Gusto Queso)

Jell-O Cake - Ghosts - Gus asks Shawn if his mom can make Jell-O Cake

Applejack Flapjacks - Meat is Murder and Murder is Murder - Shawn's Applejack T-Shirt

QuarterBlack's Blackened Catfish with Fried Ocra and Momma's Mac and Cheese (Hi-Top Fade Joon's line "My momma bought me that car!!!")

Mentalist Menudo - Hi-Top Fade - New Quartet's name. :) - A few show's have Mentalist references, but go with Boy Gets Capped

And add....

Shawn's Prawns
- No eppy - just playing off dude's names. :D

Ha ha I love that you called the episode Boy Gets Capped! I think there should be an official title change now. Thanks these are all awesome.
"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#37 psychrulz

psychrulz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

That is a good point about the tacos. And since Shawn and Gus love tacos of every variety I came up with Todos Tacos Del Mundo. What do you think?

Do you remember the conversation between Shawn and Gus when they were discussing burritos and Shawn mentioned how "Everyone knows that the taco has assimilated Gus, but the burrito still stands alone." I can't remember which episode that was...I would love to use that one as a reference eppy for this dish.

I can't place the Risotto reference either. It sounds so familiar but I've got nothing right now (I've been reading about antibiotics for like 4 hours :blink: ). Could you elaborate on the episode and situation? Thanks for the additions!

It was the Risotto that was poisoned with deathcap mushrooms in "Meat is Murder"

Ha ha I love that you called the episode Boy Gets Capped! I think there should be an official title change now. Thanks these are all awesome.

"Boy Gets Capped" has been the unofficial "official" title on the twitter group for a while. Frankly I like it better ;)

Official Pineapple Dancer for the CMP^2

#38 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

It was the Risotto that was poisoned with deathcap mushrooms in "Meat is Murder"

Ahhh yes, thank you. How about Deathcap Risotto? It's not my best idea for a title. If you, or anyone else, could think of something a little more witty, I would be happy to put it in instead. Thanks.

"Boy Gets Capped" has been the unofficial "official" title on the twitter group for a while. Frankly I like it better ;)

I like it better too and I'm not surprised that I didn't know about it. Sadly, I have never used Twitter. But that has inspired me for another dish title...Tweet Peas (He Dead...
"Shawn: Iím receiving a psychic transmission from your husband. Itís really more of a voicemail if Iím being honest, a status update, perhaps a Twitter.
Gus: I believe itís called a Tweet.
Shawn: Thereís no way Iím saying that.")

THANK YOU for letting me know.
"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

#39 LadyOfTheLord

LadyOfTheLord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

Spiced Water? (I know, I know, not brilliant, but I love that line in Bollywood Homicide when Shawn says "Even the water is spicy!" "Who does that?!" replies Gus.)
"Oh, You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"

#40 DoggyDoc65

DoggyDoc65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:22 AM

Spiced Water? (I know, I know, not brilliant, but I love that line in Bollywood Homicide when Shawn says "Even the water is spicy!" "Who does that?!" replies Gus.)

I like it. It's definitely going in there. Keep 'em coming folks.

The list is getting BIG! There isn't a limit on how big one post can be is there?

I'll add in the updates later on tonight. Busy day today.
"Oh, dude. Labradoodle."

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved