• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Leighbeth123

Leighbeth123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Hi, I am new to these forums, but I figured this was the best place to go for good ideas. My little sister is turning 9 next friday and she LOVES Psych. She mentioned having a Psych birthday party and I wanted to throw her a surprise one. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas though. I thought maybe we could do a little mystery of some sort to find her presents or guess what they are. But i wanted it to have something to do/something similar to Psych. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!! :D

#2 USAophile

USAophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Definitely have to have pineapple at the party!

Lassiter: We're all ears, Lightly.
Mary: You really are all ears, Carlton. It's spectacular"

Shawn: Dude, I can't see anything out of my left eye.
Gus: I see dead people.

Henry Spencer: Are you busy on Saturday?
Shawn Spencer: You want me to come with you to awkward class?

pineapple.jpg
Proprietor of Pineapple Observation for the CMP^2

#3 CarpeNoctem

CarpeNoctem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

Definitely have to have pineapple at the party!

I see that and I raise you: Pineapple Upside Down Cake. And FroYo!

Obviously you need an 80s mixtape to play for background music. That goes without saying. But make sure you put "I Know You Know" by The Friendly Indians on there first; let 'em know what it's all about! Now, let's see... If it's for Nine-Year-Olds, then I think it's be funny if instead of a name card for where each child is sitting, you give them a birthday hat with one of Shawn's crazy nicknames for Gus written on it (e.g. Little Suzy is now Schoonie "U-Turn" Singleton, kekeke...). Er... kids like things like that, right? o_o;;

Hmm... I need to stew on this and come up with better ideas. D:

Find me on Twitter @ItsJusticeTime

#4 I_Know

I_Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:53 AM

"instead of a name card for where each child is sitting, you give them a birthday hat with one of Shawn's crazy nicknames for Gus written on it "
Brilliant idea CarpeNoctem!
My ideas... hmm...
- Play games like Memory and other similar games
- Maybe let them make up weird names for each other instead of using Shawn's? I dunno, I love CN's idea!
- Play an elimination game with "Don't be a..." (AKA, "Sam, don't be a camero with wings." "Danny, don't be a car." "Oh, that's too much like what Sam said/ Timmy said that already. Carly, you're next!")
- Look for a pineapple bounce-house! Or a yellow or green one.
- Assign teams as "Police" ("Detective" "Officer" "Chief"), "Criminal", and
"Psych" ("Psychic" "Gus" and "Client"). Then have them solve a case. Have it be something like, as you mentioned, finding the presents. Maybe the "Criminal" group works to 'steal' the goody-bags from an adult in some secret place, the "Police" group solves case clues through written clues like little pieces of paper ("Go to the fridge" Then at the fridge, "Look in the birdhouse" Then another clue...), and the "Psych" group (you can have more than one Psychic or merge them into the "Police" group and have 2 groups "Good guys" and "Bad Guys") looks for visual clues (a picture of Barbie, then a Barbie Doll holding a shoe, then another clue in a shoe...)
Official Multi-Faceted FAN-atic of the CMP2
Posted Image
Posted Image
James: "I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She's made out of sunshine."

Johnny Dare: "He swept you off your feet and you couldn't wait to bed him. He said you were simply powerless against his sexual prowess."
Maggie: "Alright, well he's absolutely right."

Magster: "I'm Irish." *wink* "And lucky."

Juliet: "I said you're prophetic."
Shawn: "You're prophetic!"

Maggie: "That's my boyfriend"

Steve: "I love it when Juliet yells at people."
Maggie: "Me too! It's really fun!"

Tim: "Maggie Lawson, I can get her to laugh. But normally Maggie just laughs at me laughing.

#5 Winky_Cutto

Winky_Cutto

TiManiac and Super PsychO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

Well, if they'll eat them, pineapples are great!

Also, "Cupcakes! With little cuffs on them... and sprinkles!" was suggested in "Shawn (and Gus) of the Dead" for a party.

I like the idea of hats (or even just placecards) with crazy nicknames for whoever.

As for the more "mystery/find the gift part", sorry, I'm no help right now.
@Winky_Cutto on Twitter
TiManiac, Smart Ass, and everyday Rabid Beast Psych-O

#6 tvspaz626

tvspaz626

Super Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

you can play murderer in the dark with them. i would suggest mafia (which the cast likes to play) but its a little more complicated. ive played this game since i was little. its pretty fun:
How to Play

and you can make it more Psych themed if u make "detective" be jules or lassiter or the chief or shawn. (hahah...lots of choices there) keep make the murder someone like Mr. Yang or another murderer from another episode, and make all of the other people different characters like henry, gus, and jules, lassie, etc (whoever you didnt already name as detective)

also, make the theme color of the party green. :) streamers, balloons, napkins, whatever you're doing. it should be green. hehehe

Posted Image

Head Pineapple-Sitter for the CMP2

Posted Image

My YouTube page. Mostly Psych related
My Twitter: jvento

#7 bethgreen

bethgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

I've been known to host parties, including an epic surprise party for my sister. Here are my suggestions.

In addition to the previously-mentioned Psych ideas, make the party a general Mystery Party for those in attendance who've never heard of Psych.

There are countless pages of links when you Google "Children's Mystery Party." Here's a bit of what I found:

If you send the invitations via E-Vite, they do have a mystery party theme available.
If you mail the invitations, grab a Psych picture from this website, print your pic and party invite info, then cut the invitations into pieces and mail. Or, send the invitations in code, with the information for breaking the code included.

It's close to Halloween: have the kids come in costume, "disguised." Or, supply hand out "disguise" items to each kid: hats, scarves, glasses, mustaches, wigs, etc.

Purchase a game from your local store. Target has the "High School Musical 3" version of "Mystery Date" available for $5.00. If you've got more money to spend, there's a Harry Potter edition of Clue; and, many other children's mystery games like the word game "Through the Clues;" Ravenburger's board game version of twenty questions, the "Mystery Garden Game;" the "Murder Mystery Mansion" game with anime characters and a 3-D mansion; etc.

Or, you can spend $30.00 or more to download a children's mystery game from online.

DECORATIONS

* Make the party room dark, spooky, and mysterious. Decorate the walls with masks, costume pieces, and cobwebs; cover the walls and windows with black paper; and dim the lights.

GAMES

Copy some of the mysteries from this website: http://kids.mysterynet.com/
You don't want to make it too easy, so rather than give each child a copy of the story, read it to them. Supply each child with a notebook and pencil so that they can write down clues; and have them write down who they think is guilty. Award prizes to the winners; be sure to have consolation prizes available for the losers.

* Have a Mystery Crime Hunt. Divide the kids into teams, and have a scavenger hunt for mysterious items you've set out ahead of time in the party room or the yard. When the kids collect all the items, have them figure out what crime goes with the "evidence." For example, for a jewelry heist, have the kids find a necklace, a mask, fingerprints, a screwdriver, a getaway bag, and a false mustache.
* Play Decipher. Divide players into teams, give each team paper and a pencil, and tell them to design codes for the other team. Have them solve the codes. Play Touch-and-Tell. Wrap a number of small items. Have the kids sit in a circle. Pass the items from player to player, and have them guess the item. The player who guesses correctly keeps the item and drops out of the game.

ACTIVITIES

* Have the kids make code books using Morse code, Braille, sign language, or other methods of communication. Then have the kids relay messages back and forth, singly or in teams.
* Before the party begins, tape-record noises from everyday life. During the party, play back the tape, and have the kids guess the mystery sounds.

FAVORS

* Hand out mystery puzzles and One-Minute Mystery books to enjoy at home.
* Give the kids Mystery Candy. Unwrap candy bars and cover them with foil-for the kids to guess what the candy is.
Posted Image Party!

Edited by bethgreen, 03 October 2009 - 01:22 PM.

#8 bethgreen

bethgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Games and mysteries are easily changed to Psych-related if you substitute Psych-related names, places, and characters for those included with the game. For example, I would much rather see a picture of Shawn as my Mystery date than Troy from High School Musical.

#9 Leighbeth123

Leighbeth123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

WOW! Thank you so much for all of the great ideas! I love the idea to use the silly nicknames that Shawn gives Gus. That part of the show always makes my sister laugh. I'm thinking of trying to create a mystery story involving our cats. She is completely obsessed with our three cats. We have an older cat, Petrie, who hates our 2 new kittens, Kira and Duckie. We always joke that if Petrie could get in a room alone with the kittens they'd have no chance. So I think it would be funny to make Petrie the "bad guy" and make a story around that.

We are definitely going to have pineapple themed foods also. Pineapple upside down cake cut in the shape of a pineapple is going to be her birthday cake. Also, we were going to grill pineapple slices to put on a cheeseburger (have you ever had this at Red Robin? AMAZING.).

Thanks again for all of the thought put into your answers! Any other ideas are definitely welcome! And i'll be sure to let you all know what we end up with! :)

#10 Zackross

Zackross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Psych birthday birthday party is really very enjoyable. I think you have to consult with the company who consult with the kids birthday themes and doing the arrangements of party.

#11 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

If you want to put a little twist on it, you could still use some of the ideas previously mentioned, but you could also make it a murder mystery party, kind of like those murder mystery dinner theaters. That way your guests can really get involved in the party! Just a thought....

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#12 IloveShules

IloveShules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I've been known to host parties, including an epic surprise party for my sister. Here are my suggestions.

In addition to the previously-mentioned Psych ideas, make the party a general Mystery Party for those in attendance who've never heard of Psych.

There are countless pages of links when you Google "Children's Mystery Party." Here's a bit of what I found:Put eye garland on the wall i have some bu donn know where to get it

If you send the invitations via E-Vite, they do have a mystery party theme available.
If you mail the invitations, grab a Psych picture from this website, print your pic and party invite info, then cut the invitations into pieces and mail. Or, send the invitations in code, with the information for breaking the code included.

It's close to Halloween: have the kids come in costume, "disguised." Or, supply hand out "disguise" items to each kid: hats, scarves, glasses, mustaches, wigs, etc.

Purchase a game from your local store. Target has the "High School Musical 3" version of "Mystery Date" available for $5.00. If you've got more money to spend, there's a Harry Potter edition of Clue; and, many other children's mystery games like the word game "Through the Clues;" Ravenburger's board game version of twenty questions, the "Mystery Garden Game;" the "Murder Mystery Mansion" game with anime characters and a 3-D mansion; etc.

Or, you can spend $30.00 or more to download a children's mystery game from online.

DECORATIONS

* Make the party room dark, spooky, and mysterious. Decorate the walls with masks, costume pieces, and cobwebs; cover the walls and windows with black paper; and dim the lights.

GAMES

Copy some of the mysteries from this website: http://kids.mysterynet.com/
You don't want to make it too easy, so rather than give each child a copy of the story, read it to them. Supply each child with a notebook and pencil so that they can write down clues; and have them write down who they think is guilty. Award prizes to the winners; be sure to have consolation prizes available for the losers.

* Have a Mystery Crime Hunt. Divide the kids into teams, and have a scavenger hunt for mysterious items you've set out ahead of time in the party room or the yard. When the kids collect all the items, have them figure out what crime goes with the "evidence." For example, for a jewelry heist, have the kids find a necklace, a mask, fingerprints, a screwdriver, a getaway bag, and a false mustache.
* Play Decipher. Divide players into teams, give each team paper and a pencil, and tell them to design codes for the other team. Have them solve the codes. Play Touch-and-Tell. Wrap a number of small items. Have the kids sit in a circle. Pass the items from player to player, and have them guess the item. The player who guesses correctly keeps the item and drops out of the game.

ACTIVITIES

* Have the kids make code books using Morse code, Braille, sign language, or other methods of communication. Then have the kids relay messages back and forth, singly or in teams.
* Before the party begins, tape-record noises from everyday life. During the party, play back the tape, and have the kids guess the mystery sounds.

FAVORS

* Hand out mystery puzzles and One-Minute Mystery books to enjoy at home.
* Give the kids Mystery Candy. Unwrap candy bars and cover them with foil-for the kids to guess what the candy is.
Posted Image Party!

#13 holly78

holly78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Here's what I came up with for my daughter's 11th birthday party tonight... Murder In The Dark This old favourite works well for kids of most ages, from about 5 upwards. It's also a great party game for sleepovers for pre-teens. PREP Make enough slips of paper for 1 each. On one write "murderer", on another write "detective", and on all of the rest write "suspect". Put the slips in a bowl and let people take one each. You can not reveal to anyone what you are. Note: Be sure to play this in a room where no one will bump into any sharp things. PLAY! Someone counts to three and turns off the lights. The game begins. The murderer finds people and taps them on the shoulder. If you are tapped on the shoulder and are a suspect, simply fall to the ground, making a few dying noises. If you are tapped and you are the detective, you say "detective is dead". When the detective is killed, the lights go on. All dead suspects must pretend to be dead, and even the murderer himself can play dead. The detective then surveys the "bodies" and decides who they think is the murderer. If they guess wrong, the murderer has won, but if they guess right, the detective has won. Give everyone a glow stick as a prize for playing when finished! Memory Test with misdirection (classic baby shower game lol) PREP Fill a tray with items to remember as many as possible Cover tray until ready. PLAY! Uncover the tray and let guests look at what is on it for 1-5 minutes. Recover the tray and have the birthday girl take the tray out of the room and not return. While the birthday girl is missing from the room, everyone has 2 minutes to write down everything they remember about what the birthday girl is wearing!! Tray was misdirection who is observant?? The winner gets a memory card game! Use your psychic powers to find the pineapples. PREP Take up close pictures of places in your home / things in your home. (Best to do on ipod/ipads so each team can have one to move at own pacecan message picture to everyone at the same time to see who finds the pineapple first!) Hide pineapple pics or toys where you took close up photo. PLAY! Work in pairs, give each other psych names / make them up and wear a name tag. Adult send text picture image to teams on i-devices. Try to be the first to figure out the picture clue and find the pineapple. After each pineapple is found, send the next picture clue. The most pineapples wins a can of pineapple chunks! Goody Bags -pineapple lotion / body spray -green nail polish -pineapple nail art She wanted chocolate cake, so we just did cupcakes with a dried/sweet pineapple chunk on top and green sprinkles for decoration. Of course, dinner is pizza with pineapple on it! Hope this helps others out there! :)

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved