• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#1 soccermanic

soccermanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

i am now officialy hooked on this show (not as much as SVU but enough) it's not that bad of a show

#2 Patcat

Patcat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:35 AM

It's one of my two favorite shows (the other being MONK). I think LOCI charts a nice middle course between the other two LAW AND ORDER shows in that it tells us something about the characters while still leaving some gaps for the viewers to fill in. That's not to say I don't like the others: I do, but I actively seek out LOCI.

What it comes down to for most people is if you like the character of Robert Goren and how Vincent D'Onofrio plays him. I love both, but I can understand how the character and the performance could drive people crazy.

Patcat

#3 Kelly1738

Kelly1738

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:51 PM

I agree, Pat. I think people either like or dislike the show based on how they like the Goren character and how he's played. I think it's interesting that even the anti-Goren/D'Onofrio people watch the show, the whole time protesting the show and/or the acting. To me that further supports how good the show and the characters (all of them) are - it evokes strong feelings (good and bad) and stimulates discussion from all sides. Not many shows can boast that.

Kelly

P.S. Case in point, I don't know too many people who dislike Desperate Housewives but still watch it.

#4 thenumber20car

thenumber20car

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:46 PM

Goren is better than Columbo, a total genius!!! I still like Columbo, but Goren takes it to a different level.

#5 mr_eastwood7

mr_eastwood7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

Goren rocks!! I never paid any attention to this show before last year. My wife was a big fan, and all I did was mock the intro music, playing air guitar and grimacing like a rock star. It irritated my wife. After a year or so of doing this and several times marginally paying attention, I started coming around to be a fan of the show. Now, I think I like it more than she does. Well, I LOVE IT!! My wife is now taking a fancy to SVU. Not too bad, but I love Goren's quirkiness.

#6 abigyrl

abigyrl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:13 AM

Quote:

Goren rocks!! I never paid any attention to this show before last year. My wife was a big fan, and all I did was mock the intro music, playing air guitar and grimacing like a rock star. It irritated my wife. After a year or so of doing this and several times marginally paying attention, I started coming around to be a fan of the show. Now, I think I like it more than she does. Well, I LOVE IT!! My wife is now taking a fancy to SVU. Not too bad, but I love Goren's quirkiness.

See now..it's addictive. I cannot go a night without watching it, or I am grumpy the next day. I was told the other day when I finally got to watch my show (cause a bunch of movies had been coming on and I didn't get to watch my show)I was told I was in a good mood. I told they yeah cause I got to watch my favorite show last night. Thing is I have to stay up late to watch it, I can't see the early show most of the time because I have to get my kids ready for bed.

#7 BeNsOnsGiRL

BeNsOnsGiRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

i've always been an SVU girl, but CI isnt bad either.

#8 abigyrl

abigyrl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:26 PM

Quote:

i've always been an SVU girl, but CI isnt bad either.

Svu is great too, I do like CI better, but Mariska is great! So are Meloni, Ice-T and Munch and Captain Craigan. They are all good. But I still like CI better because of Goran and Eames. Goran cracks me up and oh! I found out he was born in 59'.

#9 soccermanic

soccermanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:52 PM

so he's only like 46, that's not that old

#10 abigyrl

abigyrl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:05 PM

Quote:

so he's only like 46, that's not that old

Yeah, he's 18 years older than I am, but in People magazine there are alot of actors that go out with people 20 years younger than they are (no kidding)!

#11 ElliotandOlivia

ElliotandOlivia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:45 PM

I know i did!

#12 Christian

Christian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

He's sniffs corpses which once led him to discover COD in a suspect because it's mouth smelled like walnuts(cianide poisoning). He poked a dead mans eyeball. He tastes things at the crime scene. Like in "Sound Bodies" when he tasted the "caulking" and discovered it was made with cake icing. And how about his propensity for asking weird and/or socially inappropriate questions?

#13 Patcat

Patcat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

For all of his eccentricities, there's a reason for almost everything Goren does. He uses all of his senses to investigate a crime scene, and his inappropriate questions and behavior are usually meant to provoke some reaction from a suspect or witness.

Goren's tendencies to taste and smell things is one of the character's debts to Sherlock Holmes.

Patcat

#14 Christian

Christian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:23 PM

That is why most people are turned off by this show. They do not understand that everything he does is well thought out. He thinks before he does everything and there is a purpose for all of the weird things he does.

I've noticed a lot of Sherlock Holmes' traits in him but his tendency to say 'Oh, and one more thing...' right before he leaves a suspect reminds a lot of Columbo.

#15 SVU_CI_fan

SVU_CI_fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Quote:

He's sniffs corpses which once led him to discover COD in a suspect because it's mouth smelled like "almonds"(cianide poisoning). He poked a dead mans eyeball. He tastes things at the crime scene. Like in "Sound Bodies" when he tasted the "caulking" and discovered it was made with cake icing. And how about his propensity for asking weird and/or socially inappropriate questions?

Anyone remember Due South? The guy on that show was kind of the same way. At least when it came to sniffing and tasting stuff.

#16 Ryu

Ryu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

Man, he's a genius, he uses every single one of his senses to figure out the crime. He pwnz.

#17 wvdzlover

wvdzlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

You are right. Bobby Goren is a genius. But just think how creative his creator is. The writer sure has a sharp mind and a real way with words, too.

#18 AnimalsAreMyKids

AnimalsAreMyKids

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:38 AM

lol maybe Goren should take the "R U Monkish" quiz!

...sorry, couldn't resist!...

#19 Tamyra

Tamyra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:58 AM

I love the guy and the show--he is a little strange sometimes--maybe he has Aespergar's Disorder?

#20 psychochik

psychochik

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

O I dont think that Goren does, he's not socially inept. He has the ability to communicate and communicate well with people. He is a little wierd sometimes, but I think its just part of dealing with what he deals with. His questions to suspects are out there, but they are relevant.
If he had Aespergars I dont think he would be able to do his job effectively due to the inability to be social.
I think Goren's quirkiness is just him trying to be as good of a detective as possible. Quite obsessive !!
He should take the Monkish quiz, I'm sure he'd be pretty close to Monkish in my opinion.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved