1955 replies to this topic

#1941 thatdancerchick

thatdancerchick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Noted this in another thread, but:

It occurred to me that while 24: The Series is being cancelled after this season, there is going to be a big-screen version of "24" sometime in the next year or two. While most of the cast of the series is expected to be in the big-screen version, one thing I would be looking at doing for that movie if I'm in a position with the movie version of "24" to do so would be to possibly get permission from Dick Wolf to have VDO reprise his "CI" role of Bobby Goren in the big-screen version of "24," as I think having Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) have to deal with Goren I think would make for some very interesting scenes to say the least.

Was wondering if it is something you'd want to see.

I've watched some of the early episodes of "24", but lost track of it, among others. I can speak for a handful of my family who would go see it for VDO if he were to reprise our beloved Goren. And I'd assume it would bring some CI fans who hadn't previously watched "24" into the theaters, as well. IMHO, anyway.
Nothing is impossible...

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."-Unknown

#1942 cat lady

cat lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

I don't know if any one here goes to TheValentinecat Blog site, but if you do she has some new photos of Vince taken April 25th/2010, he is in a black suit with a purple shirt. Don't know how long she will be displaying them, so if you want to see what a real man looks like, go there and enjoy :)

#1943 cat lady

cat lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

Sorry, I meant to add, thanks for starting this thread, let's keep it here it makes me feel good to see so many positive remarks about Vince, he is very muched missed, there are so many negative feelings around the boards since the changes, he was so much the heart of C.I. at least here it still feels like the good old days. SIGH, if only. :(

#1944 lady_mephisto86

lady_mephisto86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

I don't know if any one here goes to TheValentinecat Blog site, but if you do she has some new photos of Vince taken April 25th/2010, he is in a black suit with a purple shirt. Don't know how long she will be displaying them, so if you want to see what a real man looks like, go there and enjoy :)

I've seen them and all I can say is THUD! ;) :lol:
Posted Image

#1945 detectiveB

detectiveB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

The best det...EVER >det.Goren..brilliant..sexy..cool..so smart..quet hero..loyal..intense..wonderful..

Posted Image
Myspace Glitter Graphics

Posted Image
Create cool Profile Comments

Posted Image
Myspace Glitter Graphics
Posted Image Posted Image

Myspace Glitter Graphicsme-hard core L&OCI and treky..det.Bobby is the best..Vincent is the hottest sexyest man!!

#1946 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image
If it was really you, DetB, you would have him on the tablePosted Image !

#1947 detectiveB

detectiveB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

Posted ImageIf it was really you, DetB, you would have him on the tablePosted Image !

YEA..DUHHH..with handcuffs and whiped cream and other stuff.. :P :lol:
Posted Image Posted Image

Myspace Glitter Graphicsme-hard core L&OCI and treky..det.Bobby is the best..Vincent is the hottest sexyest man!!

#1948 mcay

mcay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:39 AM

Having watched numerous episodes with the new cast, I am left in a position of mourning the original show. While I described Goren as "the smartest man on television" and watched the show religiously, it has been an enormous disappointment to see Jeff Goldblum replace Vincent D'Orfino. Everything "smart" about the show is gone! When Jeff Goldblum's character comes up with solutions , they lack finesse and seem contrived. Goren's solutions seemed rooted in genius. And can only describe Saffron Burrows character and performance as forgetable at best. Why have you decimated this show? I'm abandoning it --"Criminal Minds" retains at least some degree of intelligence, and manages not to insult ours.

#1949 krodgers

krodgers

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

YEA..DUHHH..with handcuffs and whiped cream and other stuff.. Posted Image Posted Image

With some sprinkles on top db??Posted Image

Posted Image Krod, LOCI Moderator

#1950 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

YEA..DUHHH..with handcuffs and whiped cream and other stuff.. Posted Image Posted Image

That "Other Stuff" sounds mighty interesting...Posted Image

Having watched numerous episodes with the new cast, I am left in a position of mourning the original show. While I described Goren as "the smartest man on television" and watched the show religiously, it has been an enormous disappointment to see Jeff Goldblum replace Vincent D'Orfino. Everything "smart" about the show is gone! When Jeff Goldblum's character comes up with solutions , they lack finesse and seem contrived. Goren's solutions seemed rooted in genius. And can only describe Saffron Burrows character and performance as forgetable at best. Why have you decimated this show? I'm abandoning it --"Criminal Minds" retains at least some degree of intelligence, and manages not to insult ours.

mourning is the right word

#1951 shakarma

shakarma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

its obvious to anyone who watches any detective show that they have at least one character if not character traits of ROBERT GOREN. every show tries to copy his mannerisms be it his interrogation style or his incredible ability to discern the truth from the people around him. they also try to imitate his facial/body movements to no avail- there is only one GOREN. synchronisity , does not necessarily create or relate to causality or relations...thankfully

#1952 Marushion

Marushion

world end

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/2zo9lkx.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image

everything is crying

last. fm

#1953 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

I was watching the CI marathon yesterday and happened to catch Amends. I just love that episode. Goren's concern and deep feelings for Eames just shine thru. He is so caring and concerned about her throughout the episode. One of the best episodes I've seen.

#1954 GorensGirl83

GorensGirl83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

I've watched some of the early episodes of "24", but lost track of it, among others. I can speak for a handful of my family who would go see it for VDO if he were to reprise our beloved Goren. And I'd assume it would bring some CI fans who hadn't previously watched "24" into the theaters, as well. IMHO, anyway.

As my first official post, I thought this was a great post to respond to. As someone who watched 24 from the beginning, I doubt that Goren and Jack would be getting along let alone work in the same space. Goren is very methodical and meticulous when he's figuring out a crime and he prefers to have proof before he goes shooting off his mouth. Jack on the other hand goes with his gut and never really thinks about the ramifications of his decisions. I definitely think that VDO needs a chance to reprise Goren because Jeff Goldblum is so NOT cutting it.

#1955 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but here goes. I was watching The Cell with VDO and he has a scene in the bathtub. (naked of course :) ) He is laying in the tub and looks so sexy. I know that his role is a serial killer but you still feel sorry for him even though he does horrible things. I guess that just goes to show how talented he is that he can make a killer that you care about.

#1956 MScott7565

MScott7565

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

I just wanted to add my two cents by saying how much I love Detective Goren and how much I miss the show. I wish it would return!

Here's a link to my Bobby Goren fanfic--and no, it doesn't involve Eames. :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1236199/

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved