#1 Maverick42

Maverick42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

--this post has been edited by moderator NatashaFatale to add the main info--

Natasha's TIPS on finding Fashion:
A lot of times, when I try to locate fashion,this is what I try (some of the links below are for Covert Affairs or Burn Notice, just do a search on the same site for ROYAL PAINS):

Update: Thanks to CateF! :) Look here: http://royalpainscen...hion_of_hankmed

http://royalpainscen...hion_of_hankmed

Tons of found clothes and accessories here! This is my go to source.

A. Google the main words that describe it (sometimes others have already asked somewhere else). Try this first - it may save you a lot of searching! For example, google: Burn notice, Fiona's shoes

B. Find other sites that already do searches for fashion on TV: http://royalpainscen...hion_of_hankmed
(these are Burn Notice links, but do a search on the site for Covert Affairs), like: http://blog.seenon.com/ , http://coolspotters....ows/burn-notice , http://forum.pursebl...om/can-you-i-d/ , http://shessmart.com...ffairs-fashion/ , http://findthatstyle...ac=1&celeb=3660 & sometimes you can find answers on wiki answers, etc.

Update: www.thereelstylist.com does fashion searches for shows like "Covert Affairs". You can message them on twitter for help finding things.

C. If you have to web search, it's SUPER HELPFUL to have a photo of what you are looking for - post the picture or at least a link in this thread so others know what you are looking for.
Try to look for high quality promotional photos (spoilertv sometimes has) or HQ screencaps - try a CA fansite that does screencaps -- there are some sites (livejournal, etc) that have great High Quality screencaps you can download (but they may not be posted immediately, have to wait a couple days or so): http://covertaffairs...0screencaptures . Try http://shecapsthat.fanfusion.org/index.php for awesome HQ Covert Affairs screencaps. Also try http://piper-perabo.com
in the gallery-they have screencaps too.

D. Now that you have a picture to go by, Do a Google image search for the item - use your eyes to find the one that matches. When you search for images in Google, use the main words to search by, for example, to find fiona's wedge sandals - search "sandals, wedge", or try "sandals, platform", etc. If you are using the color, try different versions; not just "Red shoes", try magenta, etc.... Think outside the box sometimes if you are having a hard time finding something - find another shoe that has some of the same features & use those descriptive words in your search. Yes, this is time consuming.

E. Go to big stores/sites like Saks, Bloomingdales, moogi.com, bluefly.com & do a search. Yup, this is time consuming, too.

Hi All :)
Since there seem to be lots of questions relating to fashion, accessories, sunglasses, watches, and wardrobe in general, here is a main thread for everyone to ask there questions & hopefully post answers, if you know them. Please post if you do :)

Hampton Must-Haves
There is also this section on the main RP site called "Hampton Must-Haves"

To help find things easier for all, I've merged all fashion/accessories question posts into this one single main thread on RP Fashion, so people can ask/answer all in one thread. So your posts haven't be deleted, they have just been moved into this one main thread. I'll try to merge future posts into this thread, so look at the end of this thread for them.

Hank's sunglasses epi 1:
Member MikeWesten says: That would be the Oliver Peoples Farrell in either size 62 or 64, but probably the 64 since it appears to be the larger frame. They are gold frames with Green Gradient lenses. Oliver Peoples makes great sunglasses, so if you want a pair I definitely recommend them. Hope this helps!

I'll try to add more info if I find any. Feel free to post questions/answers here.

---below is the original post by member Maverick42--

Anyone know what kind of "watch" Hank is wearing in this episode?

Edited by NatashaFatale, 15 August 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#2 ftrknight2011

ftrknight2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

Anyone know what kind of sunglasses Hank wears at the end of the episode?

#3 Greyt_Girl

Greyt_Girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

Anyone know what purse Divya is carrying? We seem to be on a roll with lots of questions and no answers yet. :)

#4 boobyt22

boobyt22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

does anyone know the type of sunglasses hank wears in ep.1?

Edited by boobyt22, 06 June 2009 - 11:17 PM.

#5 MikeWesten

MikeWesten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

That would be the Oliver Peoples Farrell in either size 62 or 64, but probably the 64 since it appears to be the larger frame. They are gold frames with Green Gradient lenses. Oliver Peoples makes great sunglasses, so if you want a pair I definitely recommend them. Hope this helps!

#6 nikkbstn

nikkbstn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

just wondering what name brand are his sunglasses....loved them!

#7 DavidMeacham

DavidMeacham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

I'm wondering what Evan wore in the last episode.

#8 Carla12345

Carla12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

Anyone know who makes Libbey's strapless white dress with brown polka dots in the If I Were a Sick Man episode where she's taking birth control? (see the third image in the episode galley)

#9 Conchetta

Conchetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

I would love to find the beautiful, multi-tiered, multi-colored chandelier earrings Divya wore in early scenes of the "Crazy Love" episode! If anyone can find the source, please do tell!

#10 samsam

samsam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

Does anyone recognize the bag Jill's carrying in the last scene of the Love Crazy episode?

#11 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

I would love to find the beautiful, multi-tiered, multi-colored chandelier earrings Divya wore in early scenes of the "Crazy Love" episode! If anyone can find the source, please do tell!

If you are a crafty sort of person, you could easily make them, or some similar, yourself. It looks as if all you would need is a little bit of chain, some various colored crystals, pacer bars or bars made especially for chandelier earrings and French wires. These aren't as elaborate as Divya's earrings, but they have some basic similarities, and I made them almost entirely from scratch. I didn't make the chain used in them, but I did make the earwires (hooks) and shaped the bars that form the bottom of the earrings from scratch using sterling silver wire.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've had a good bit of practice working with wire as a hobby, including making my own chains, but this is really a simple project and with just a little bit of practice with some cheap craft wire at first, even a novice could do them.
In fact, after taking a closer look at them, the wore work would be very simple and easy, easier making the bars that I made for the bottom of my earrings. They look like they are just straight eyepins with lots of beads on them suspended between chains. You might be able to find all of those beads at Fire Mountain Gems (google it, they have just about the best selection of beads anywhere).

If you are interested in learning how to do it, I could send you a few links for where you can find the materials, and if I can't find tutorials already written up on the internet, I could maybe type up some instructions for you. Just let me know.

Edited by Liv, 25 July 2009 - 01:04 PM.

Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#12 mitzi26

mitzi26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

I love everything they have her wear, but in particular...anyone know fashion info for the GREEN dress that she wore at the ballerina's party? I think that was the 2nd episode, "there will be food". I emailed USA, but never got a response....Thanks!

--edited by mod to add thread title: Jill's dresses, Where to find the great stuff she wears--

Edited by NatashaFatale, 13 August 2009 - 04:56 PM.

#13 lgetz24

lgetz24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

Does any one know what kind of Watch Hank wear's on the show?
I have paused it several times (all different Scenes) on a big screen in high def and just can't figure it out.
Any body from USA Wardrobe deparment know what brand or model it is?
I think it's cool and want one just like it.

Edited by lgetz24, 26 July 2009 - 11:49 PM.

#14 Conchetta

Conchetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

If you are a crafty sort of person, you could easily make them, or some similar, yourself. It looks as if all you would need is a little bit of chain, some various colored crystals, pacer bars or bars made especially for chandelier earrings and French wires. These aren't as elaborate as Divya's earrings, but they have some basic similarities, and I made them almost entirely from scratch. I didn't make the chain used in them, but I did make the earwires (hooks) and shaped the bars that form the bottom of the earrings from scratch using sterling silver wire.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've had a good bit of practice working with wire as a hobby, including making my own chains, but this is really a simple project and with just a little bit of practice with some cheap craft wire at first, even a novice could do them.
In fact, after taking a closer look at them, the wore work would be very simple and easy, easier making the bars that I made for the bottom of my earrings. They look like they are just straight eyepins with lots of beads on them suspended between chains. You might be able to find all of those beads at Fire Mountain Gems (google it, they have just about the best selection of beads anywhere).

If you are interested in learning how to do it, I could send you a few links for where you can find the materials, and if I can't find tutorials already written up on the internet, I could maybe type up some instructions for you. Just let me know.

#15 Steveo

Steveo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

Does anyone know the light purplish sweater Javier is wearing at the end of the episode?

--edited by mod to add thread title: Javier's sweater in Crazy Love--

Edited by NatashaFatale, 13 August 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#16 Conchetta

Conchetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

Dear Liv,
So generous of you to create such a detailed response!
I appreciate your offer of even more help.
Now that the "Crazy Love" episode is online, I have studied the early scenes repeatedly clicking back & forth), trying to understand more & more of those Divya earrings. I can now see almost all beads are transparent bugles (short & medium); I've identified the metal structure (the horizontal parts are not solid metal pieces as I first thought, but taut wire.) The 3 tiers of hanging wires alternate with dark seed beads. Outside vertical parts are straight wires with one metal bead on each. Only the top section hanging from the fishhook or leverback is actual chain. Obsessive as it may be, I really want to duplicate both the structure & color scheme. The bugles' transparency is beautifully luminous in sunlight!
I have made necklaces, bracelets & 2 very simple pairs of earrings. This will be a giant challenge! - Thanks

#17 atnsoko

atnsoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

I've been looking everywhere online for it....no luck. It seemed to have a logo of sorts on the chest - it was an upside-down triangle. Hopefully someone recognizes it.

Does anyone know the light purplish sweater Javier is wearing at the end of the episode?

#18 tysoldier

tysoldier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

does anybody know what kind of sunglasses does hank wear?

readers wanna know . .. . . .lol

#19 ryle

ryle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Does any one know what kind of Watch Hank wear's on the show?
I have paused it several times (all different Scenes) on a big screen in high def and just can't figure it out.
Any body from USA Wardrobe deparment know what brand or model it is?
I think it's cool and want one just like it.

Looks like a Suunto or could be a Casio

#20 getsome

getsome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

what is the blue polo hank wears in the pool opening? and what are some of the other shirts they wear? evan's pink polo?

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved