Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Speculations, Guesses, Foreshadowing, Oh my!

• Please log in to reply
3073 replies to this topic

#1821 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Right again! Why are they all women??
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#1822 radb

radb

Trigger-happy fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Well, I'm counting 3 men: Sam, Larry, Harlan, and 3 women: Samantha, Fi, Lucy. And I'm trying to remember any other known past partners... But it seems like he just did what the job needed, working alone, with a partner, or with a team...

Posted Image

#1823 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi! There was a lot of discussion about the first part of S6 over in the Spoilers thread. I thought I would add my two cents here.

Maybe Fi eventually is released from jail, with Michael and/or the agency's help, but in exchange for her release has to wear an anklet and/or work for the agency like Neal Caffrey on White Collar! Remember when "Fi got the job done" and "scared him celibate" in 5.02? Max was impressed!

I guess what I'm suggesting is that she may have to make her own deal with the devil in exchange for her freedom....
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#1824 Halex

Halex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

OK so forgive me if this has been done to death....but I am bleary eyed from lack of sleep (telemarketing robo calls have had me up three nights this week at about 4 am - fax calls that would not quit....freaking frustrating. I am TIRED)

So I have had a lot of sleepless nights and have been over thinking this, doing a lot of scanning through these threads looking for it but could not quite come up with any ones' idea....

What on earth might Fi actually be in jail in the US for??? The simplest thing I can come up with is the manslaughter (if that is the name of the crime in the US - it is in Canada Accidental death of some sort is what I mean...) of the two guards in the building...Either way it will be very interesting to see what the writers come up with the explain what the heck she was doing and plausibly come up with because keep in mind - she is a former IRA BOMBER who was on a most wanted list of some sort back in her wild days....if there was anyone who could be thrown the book at - she is one.

I was thinking about it, there is no way she can be charged with what happened to the Embassy because a) she would have to give up Michael too and B) Larry is already dead years ago (although his found body will open up another can of worms that will have to be explained somehow - I can only guess that it will be covered up due to the sensitivity of it being an Embassy)

The whole reason I think the Embassy part will be covered up is because if she were being charged with anything to do with what happened there - she'd be deported - not doing time in the US.

Now the second part will be now that Fi played the card Anson held and came forward - is he going to fold or is he going to slither in and become a character witness somehow in his position as a criminal psychiatrist and offer up testimony at her trial to get his hooks in from another angle? That is totally something I can see happening.

Boy I have had way too much time on my hands.

Need. Sleep.

Is it June yet?

Edited by Halex, 23 March 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image">

Mel

#1825 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have had similar questions, Halex.

What on earth might Fi actually be in jail in the US for??? The simplest thing I can come up with is the manslaughter (if that is the name of the crime in the US - it is in Canada Accidental death of some sort is what I mean...) of the two guards in the building.

The consulate is foreign soil, so I am not sure what the US charges would be (other than manslaughter). And it was a consulate; an embassy is in a national capital, like Washington or Ottawa. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I am pretty sure any time there has been an American embassy bombing in Africa or the Middle East, the US government has sought to prosecute because it was considered American soil. Presumably this would mean this would be a British concern. I don't think it will play out that way, just for the sake of convenience.

Larry is already dead years ago (although his found body will open up another can of worms that will have to be explained somehow - I can only guess that it will be covered up due to the sensitivity of it being an Embassy).

Not directly what you asked, but remember, Matt said that there was no trace of Larry because she used "the good stuff." So, from my viewpoint, that makes it harder to say "I was trying to kill that other guy who was threatening Michael." "What other guy?"

Now the second part will be now that Fi played the card Anson held and came forward - is he going to fold or is he going to slither in and become a character witness somehow in his position as a criminal psychiatrist and offer up testimony at her trial to get his hooks in from another angle? That is totally something I can see happening.

Yes, I wonder what he will do too, now that we know he's coming back.

I hope it's handled with some nod to the actual criminal justice system (arrest-->life in jail is skipping quite a bit), although I don't want it to turn into a court show, either. I have faith in the team, both on screen and behind it.

Unplug that phone, Halex, and get some sleep!

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#1826 radb

radb

Trigger-happy fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Well, if I didn't get it wrong, the consulate was in the third floor, but the rest of the building was used for other things (the 2nd floor from where they broke into the consulate, wasn't part of the consulate), so maybe she was charged for the lobby explosion and the two guards dead, and not only the consulate explosion.

And yeah, Larry was supposed dead, but someone had to send him to prison in Albania, so someone knows he was alive and then someone would know that he escaped.

BTW, I don't know about you, but I'm not happy at all knowing that Fi will be in jail for at least 3 episodes, I really hope she won't stay there for too long...

Posted Image

#1827 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes, I remember that the building was not "all" British consulate and Anson had that tape of Fi saying that she killed those two guards. So I think she is in a US jail for the lobby bombs and the killing of the two guards. Even though we know she wasn't responsible for any of that!

While I don't like the idea of Fi in jail, I would be extremely disappointed if the writers got her out "too easy" - all that build up and Fi turning herself in just to have her out in a few episodes would totally stretch the bounds of believeability, even for BN.

I suspect she will be in jail for about the same amount of episodes that Anson is around...;)

#1828 Halex

Halex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yes, I remember that the building was not "all" British consulate and Anson had that tape of Fi saying that she killed those two guards. So I think she is in a US jail for the lobby bombs and the killing of the two guards. Even though we know she wasn't responsible for any of that!

This is what adds to the murky quality of the situation. It should be fun when they do explain it anyway.

Not directly what you asked, but remember, Matt said that there was no trace of Larry because she used "the good stuff." So, from my viewpoint, that makes it harder to say "I was trying to kill that other guy who was threatening Michael." "What other guy?"

The issue I have with her even hinting anything about this is that she has to involved Michael and what he was doing there - so I am not sure where they would go with this. Again - any involvement in what happened in that consulate means deportment for one or both of them. There is going to have to be some big card played or Lucy is gonna have some spainin' to do......

Either way it should be a fun ride..cannot wait to hear what they come up with - but they better get Fi out of that orange FAST. Maybe she will save some big wigs' daughter's life in jail or something and earn her some debt of gratitude.

Yup - I do need to turn off that phone tonight and get some sleep....oy. Now I am stretching. :P
Posted Image">

Mel

#1829 auroracat

auroracat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Given Fi's knowledge of Anson and The Machine, it could very well be that the FBI/CIA are not releasing to MI-6/the Brits the fact the she bombed the consulate. Since she turned herself in to the FBI and it wasn't a case of that information being released by Anson, then the US authorities could control what information is released and to whom.

#1830 Tilly11

Tilly11

Field Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Wow, this was on page 2! Time to put our thinking caps on and wonder what will happen in Season Six!

After reading this article, Actors Book Recurring parts, my very first thought is that Fi is locked up for as many as 5 episodes, and that Nate will end up working with Team Westen because they are short handed. Maybe not something so cut and dried as "Gee, Fi's still in jail. Nate, do you think you can help us out here?", but the stories will be such that he is pulled into the action.

Just speculating!

643463c4-7f17-4e33-b7f1-c490d83a7863.jpg

Thank You to fanatic174 for this Sig!

#1831 USAfanatic1744

USAfanatic1744

"Plenty of Muscle"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hello Fellow Lovers of the Burn<

New to the Forums, My name is Lanie and I am introducing myself with one question and with due respect I ask on the spoilers threads because it may be a delicious spoil. Over in the JD aholics thread there is a recent post of a link to a picture tweeted on set and if you hone in on Jeffery's left hand a bit of gold appears to be peaking out on his ring finger? Am I nuts, blind, or too desperate for a big hook up?????

Posted Image
Lanie

Take a Look, It could be anything. but my shipper heart is a little anxious right now.

Posted Image

Welcome, Lanie. Yes, I mentioned this in the Production Intel thread with the photo. If you enlarge it, it is a wedding band. I don't get too worked up over this because of cover IDs (see Better Halves), but I have to say that, to me, that looks more like Michael wardrobe, not a cover ID.

This is more speculation than spoiler because we can't say anything definitive. If you want to get into it more, you can do so in the Speculation thread.

Hmm, Michael seems to be wearing linen pants; not something he would wear to the office or a meeting with Pearce. Hanging out in the loft would be jeans and flip-flops; I'm going with a cover ID. But, really I think it's time for our resident clairvoyant speculator to weigh in on the matter. Paging Ms. Sully.

Edited by USAfanatic1744, 09 April 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#1832 radb

radb

Trigger-happy fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I don't think it's a cover ID, but maybe I'm hoping more than thinking... :lol:

Posted Image

#1833 MiamiBurn

MiamiBurn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hi All,

So many thoughts running through analysis and not just about Mike and Fi, but it's nice to have something fresh to discuss bc I am a spoiler whore and was hoping for a bone now that filming has actually started. This is a nice place to start (squeeeeeee).

I am also curious to see how Fi's sentence is going to unravel. A large part of me thinks that it is an inside job; perhaps she had already been in secret talks with Pearce over the situation and this was a ploy set up to pull the rug from under Anson, but she didn't want Michael in on it bc he most likely would have had a last say and I don't think it would have been in favor of what Fi is trying to accomplish.

webkit-fake-url://E869F4E9-9DA7-42FA-9B5B-D4EF91595A98/image.tiff

"I'm working on it"

#1834 BNfanUK

BNfanUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

hi everyone i'm new......now about that ring JD is wearing in the photo, am i right in saying that under US law a husband cannot be compelled to testify in court against his wife and vice versa or have i been watching too much law and order??

#1835 MsSully

MsSully

All Burn Notice, all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

That thought crossed my mind, I think they would make it a big deal. And I really don't think Micheal would do that and that Fi would accept. I would like to think he's a little bit romantic. But who knows. I tend to agree that this is part of a cover.

They have always had an non traditional relationship, it's what I love the most. I really don't have a problem with them not being married. I'm just thrilled to see Michael didn't get rid of the fruit!

I really don't know how long they can do the prison angle.

Edited by MsSully, 10 April 2012 - 05:49 AM.

Posted Image

#1836 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

hi everyone i'm new......now about that ring JD is wearing in the photo, am i right in saying that under US law a husband cannot be compelled to testify in court against his wife and vice versa or have i been watching too much law and order??

Welcome. Yes, that's correct: you cannot be compelled to testify against a spouse (although my knowledge comes from pretty much the same place as yours ;)). I have been thinking about that as a spur to marriage off and on, and it is a good reason for it here. I am generally opposed to any idea of a marriage, but this makes sense.

Just to add in some of the info I have gleaned from production intel as fodder for this thread:

In episode 601, I am pretty sure they will start up pretty quickly after the finale. Gabrielle was seen in that same dress from the finale. There was also an interrogation scene. In 601 or 602, there was someone playing her court-appointed lawyer.

602 had a fair bit of prison stuff, shot at a detention center, and we have seen the orange jumpsuits. Tilly mentioned the prison stuff being with us for up to 5 episodes (in relation to Nate being around). There was definitely prison stuff in 602 and in 603, and they may have one guard from 603 recur to 604. That may not be all stuff going on in prison, but maybe the prison characters linger a bit.

Episode 603 has Nate doing some heavy duty stuff with a gun and also seems to have medical/hospital stuff going on.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#1837 auroracat

auroracat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

I can't see Fi agreeing to marry Michael if she thinks she is going to be in prison for the rest of her life, so I am on the cover ID bandwagon.

#1838 Halex

Halex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I can't see Fi agreeing to marry Michael if she thinks she is going to be in prison for the rest of her life, so I am on the cover ID bandwagon.

Hey that kind of cover ID carries with it the idea of conjugal visits.....

Just kidding. LMAO

But seriously though. I can totally see them being forced into a quickie marriage for the sake of not being forced to testify against one another in some situation - this one is a perfect situation. I can also see said quickie ending in divorce because they both realize they did not want to be forced into it- OR it turns into a real marriage at the end of the series. This seems plausible.
Posted Image">

Mel

#1839 radb

radb

Trigger-happy fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

You can say anything you want, it may be 100% logic, but until I see the opposite, I'll still think it is real.;)

Posted Image

#1840 GaGirl2

GaGirl2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

How about to avoid deportation? She is in the USA illegally. I believe Kelly something or another is the name on her passport from a previous episode.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved