Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Speculations, Guesses, Foreshadowing, Oh my!

• Please log in to reply
3073 replies to this topic

#1801 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Here's a little pseudo-speculation/extrapolation that doesn't rise to the level of spoiler.

Someone tweeted during the Oscars that Kristanna Loken (who played Rebecca) almost gave away BN spoilers at an Oscar party. And didn't elaborate further.

So, the fact that she might have had spoilers to give away makes me think we have not seen the last of Rebecca. I know, that's hardly surprising, but any drop of water in the desert.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#1802 USAfanatic1744

USAfanatic1744

"Plenty of Muscle"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I can put this in Spoilers now that it comes with video. Kristanna Loken will be back as Rebecca. I had seen tweets about her talking about this at an Oscar party and mentioned it in the Spec thread, but now it's on video. No real detail, and she says FBI, not CIA, so I'm assuming she has that wrong.

Thanks to Karen for the link to Kristanna's short interview; could turn out to be a major spoiler

Kristanna said: "she's an undercover FBI agent; she may have a few sides to her." Maybe she really is an undercover agent working as a CIA agent to to take down Anson Fullerton. I know it's a stretch, but that certainly would be a major surprise and I think we're going to have quite a few surprises in season six.
Should I have placed my post in the Speculation Thread?

So what's up with Rebecca, is she related to Anson or not. Is she FBI working undercover as a CIA agent trying to get the goods on Anson. Ms Sully; what do you think?

Edited by USAfanatic1744, 02 March 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#1803 MsSully

MsSully

All Burn Notice, all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ok, I'll take the bait. She could be working undercover to get Anson...which leads me to my original speculation, is Michael deep cover? If Rebecca is, then the CIA, FBI, NSA, CSS, ABC, NBC, USA, AFT, CIO and all of the other acronyms in the world could be doing the same thing. I just really think this is very deep and we will start to find out how deep.

Yes Karen, I know. The grass is getting taller.

Posted Image

#1804 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

then the CIA, FBI, NSA, CSS, ABC, NBC, USA, AFT, CIO

Yes Karen, I know. The grass is getting taller.

I see you're bringing along a lot of friends for company now. ;)

Anyway, back to the more immediate point, about Rebecca, let me see if this makes sense.

-She works with Anson to gain his trust/get evidence against him, for the FBI.
-She helps Anson sabotage the op in Fail Safe as part of that, despite the fact that it would mean burning more agents and killing people, including another former intelligence agent (Jesse).

At what point would she have the goods on Anson? I mean, if she was working with him all along but was still undercover, she would have known everything Anson had Michael do, and I think any one of them would have been evidence enough to arrest Anson. Yeah, yeah, I know, we needed the stories.

So, Rebecca related to Anson but still working as undercover FBI to bring him down? That would be cool, but almost too much away from our main story.

And then again, this could all be an actress at a party who mixed up CIA and FBI!

#1805 MsSully

MsSully

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

I thought the same. I think that this is in the absence of spoilers of more substance. I don't know. I need more info. The difference between a speculation and guess is the amount of information you have. So this is more of a guess.

Edited by MsSully, 04 March 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#1806 redwyne

redwyne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I see you're bringing along a lot of friends for company now. ;)

Anyway, back to the more immediate point, about Rebecca, let me see if this makes sense.

-She works with Anson to gain his trust/get evidence against him, for the FBI.
-She helps Anson sabotage the op in Fail Safe as part of that, despite the fact that it would mean burning more agents and killing people, including another former intelligence agent (Jesse).

At what point would she have the goods on Anson? I mean, if she was working with him all along but was still undercover, she would have known everything Anson had Michael do, and I think any one of them would have been evidence enough to arrest Anson. Yeah, yeah, I know, we needed the stories.

So, Rebecca related to Anson but still working as undercover FBI to bring him down? That would be cool, but almost too much away from our main story.

And then again, this could all be an actress at a party who mixed up CIA and FBI!

My biggest issue w ms scullys idea, other than fi better have known, is Nix's claim to not screw over the audience. And that would be the ultimate lie because the story is told from mikeys POV.

Don't see how you could explain that away w/o a huge jumping of the shark and going back on your "contract" so to speak with the viewer.

One big reason I am willing to give burn notice more lea way than most shows IS MN and JD have established a huge amount of trust with the fans/audience.

Tossing that out the window for a ohhhh gotcha didn't see that coming didja wouldnt be brill for the ratings of his next show. Or not look at Lost didn't seem to hurt his new show (two shows I haven't watched). But lost seemed to screw w fans as a rule were as Burn Notice doesnt.

Sybil

#1807 MsSully

MsSully

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

My biggest issue w ms scullys idea, other than fi better have known, is Nix's claim to not screw over the audience. And that would be the ultimate lie because the story is told from mikeys POV.

Don't see how you could explain that away w/o a huge jumping of the shark and going back on your "contract" so to speak with the viewer.

One big reason I am willing to give burn notice more lea way than most shows IS MN and JD have established a huge amount of trust with the fans/audience.

Tossing that out the window for a ohhhh gotcha didn't see that coming didja wouldnt be brill for the ratings of his next show. Or not look at Lost didn't seem to hurt his new show (two shows I haven't watched). But lost seemed to screw w fans as a rule were as Burn Notice doesnt.

Sybil

I'm not sure how that screws the audience. It might be farfetched. And I don't completely feeling like it's farfetched. Michael lies for a living. I think the biggest conflict in the plot has been the conflict between the lies he lives and what has become his truth. I can see the arrogant Michael at the start of this series starting with "sure I'll go back to Miami. Everyone is an asset. I hated my mom. Sam will understand he's done this before, and Fi, well, I loved her sort of, I trust her and she will be useful. And some bad guys are after her." I always go back to the scene with Larry and the job they did back in the day(Dead to Rights). I think Michael was capable of a lot more than we will ever know. Before Miami, he would do anything for the job. Now, anything has a very high price, a price he never thought about.

Over the period of 5 years that changed. That part in him got smaller. Because we don't know about it (like Sam, Fi and his mom) isn't screwing with us. It's a plot twist. And then we get all new conflict. What do Sam, Fi and Mom do with this? What does Michael do? What does he have to prove? Trust and truth come to front.

I never watched Lost, but I had Wednesday and Thursday lunch were the entire conversation was around that show (and I was the only one who didn't watch it). I never got the sense that they felt they were screwed with (other than the ending, which they all felt didn't live up to the hype.) They loved to speculate what would happen and then they would get right or wrong and go nuts at lunch.

I would love some big plot twists. That would be awesome. Things getting flipped on it's head.

Posted Image

#1808 redwyne

redwyne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm not sure how that screws the audience. It might be farfetched. And I don't completely feeling like it's farfetched. Michael lies for a living. I think the biggest conflict in the plot has been the conflict between the lies he lives and what has become his truth. I can see the arrogant Michael at the start of this series starting with "sure I'll go back to Miami. Everyone is an asset. I hated my mom. Sam will understand he's done this before, and Fi, well, I loved her sort of, I trust her and she will be useful. And some bad guys are after her." I always go back to the scene with Larry and the job they did back in the day(Dead to Rights). I think Michael was capable of a lot more than we will ever know. Before Miami, he would do anything for the job. Now, anything has a very high price, a price he never thought about.

Over the period of 5 years that changed. That part in him got smaller. Because we don't know about it (like Sam, Fi and his mom) isn't screwing with us. It's a plot twist. And then we get all new conflict. What do Sam, Fi and Mom do with this? What does Michael do? What does he have to prove? Trust and truth come to front.

I never watched Lost, but I had Wednesday and Thursday lunch were the entire conversation was around that show (and I was the only one who didn't watch it). I never got the sense that they felt they were screwed with (other than the ending, which they all felt didn't live up to the hype.) They loved to speculate what would happen and then they would get right or wrong and go nuts at lunch.

I would love some big plot twists. That would be awesome. Things getting flipped on it's head.

Screwed with cuz we are in his head, from his POV most of the time. He would know he is deep cover so we should know too. Even if he had too " forget" and live the lie. At some point.... Nope it doesn't fly without lying to the audience.

It would work without the voice overs and if the story wasn't wholely about Michael from his point of view. Otherwise it is a twist yes, but dishonest to the six (eight?) seasons of story telling.

But you never know :). Hey I am an old Phile so after that and nine years of Chris Carter my tolerance level is low. But I did give Castle and Rob Bowman (writer and director from x-files) a chance.
Syb

#1809 MsSully

MsSully

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

I don't know. I've always considered the voice overs as more of a "how to" guide to Michael's life, not a plot guide. They've give me pointers on making weapons, using a cover, or how to think about a situation. Oh well, Syb, we shall see. On the other hand, it is so great to have the conversation!!!

Posted Image

#1810 redwyne

redwyne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Always reason for a rewatch :)
Syb

#1811 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I think the most likely explanation is that the actress mis-spoke and she said FBI when she really meant CIA.

#1812 MsSully

MsSully

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Here I am :)

Hi, everyone. Sorry to keep everyone in such suspense - I honestly didn't mean to, I promise; I just got this info today. Enjoy!:

BURN NOTICE, Episode 601, "Mixed Messages"
Director: Jeffrey Donovan
Writer: Alfredo Barrios, Jr.
Shoot Dates: 3/13-3/22

[RAFAEL MONTERO] 30s, Latino, high-roller in the Mexican cartel, powerful, violent and psychotic. MONTERO likes his steaks like he likes his cops: bloody. As a high-ranking security officer in the Mexican drug cartel, Montero enjoys a pretty luxurious life... when he's not murdering DEA officers or arranging cocaine shipments. Unpredictable and even a little insane, Montero is prone to going off the rails. He's also desperate to please his superior, Don Augusto, a cartel boss who quickly disposes of those who disappoint him. Paranoid and bloodthirsty, Montero doesn't always act according to logic, which means he's a very dangerous man to work with. GUEST STAR

[NICOLE DONESKI] 30s, a street smart but sensitive inmate, a friend and confidante to Fiona. Not necessarily a badass rough-n-tumble type, it's easy to see how NICOLE could have ended up as a soccer mom instead of a prisoner. But Nicole has been in prison long enough to know how the system works; she's sly and observant and, most importantly, careful. She made a few missteps early in her career as a prisoner and she has the scars to prove it. Now, she tries to keep a low profile and get her work done and, when she can offer a little helpful advice to the newbies, she does. Although Nicole comes across as sensitive and even friendly, she's ultimately a survivalist and Fiona sees that, when push comes to shove, Nicole will do whatever it takes to survive the system. GUEST STAR

Let the speculation begin!

Posted Image

#1813 redwyne

redwyne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Wonder if that IS episode 1 or will show as ep 2 cuz didn't he say he was directing #2?

It would mean fi would be in jail for two eps :(. So I hope it changed and he is directing the opener.
Syb

#1814 MsSully

MsSully

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm kind of glad she is in jail for the first episodes. It would seem realistic if she weren't. Gotta wonder about Michael's moves. I hope the the first episode really focuses on Fi and jail.

Posted Image

#1815 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wonder if that IS episode 1 or will show as ep 2 cuz didn't he say he was directing #2?

It says 601, so that means the premiere. He would direct the first one shot, either way, and if the numbering says 601, I believe that. I can only think of one time the numbering was off in the past 50 or so episodes (however long we've been getting these casting notes).

#1816 TheGecko

TheGecko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

It would be nice to meet someone from michaels past that he doesnt either think is stupid (like harlen) or look at like a burden (like ricky, larry, etc). Maybe someone that helped trained michael that isnt a psycho (a counter-larry). He was recruited by Raines, and larry 'taught him everything he knows' during op's in the balkans, but there has to be someone that michael looked up to in his early spook days, it would be nice to see Mike want to 'proove' himself to someone or show someone that he did turn out okay after all... Most people from Mikes past have either been nutso, or needy... Maybe see someone that Mike has a past with that he isnt pissed off to see.
Posted Image
TheGecko
- Part time spy, full time sociopath.

#1817 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • 6,708 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

It would be nice to meet someone from michaels past that he doesnt either think is stupid (like harlen) or look at like a burden (like ricky, larry, etc). Maybe someone that helped trained michael that isnt a psycho (a counter-larry). He was recruited by Raines, and larry 'taught him everything he knows' during op's in the balkans, but there has to be someone that michael looked up to in his early spook days, it would be nice to see Mike want to 'proove' himself to someone or show someone that he did turn out okay after all... Most people from Mikes past have either been nutso, or needy... Maybe see someone that Mike has a past with that he isnt pissed off to see.

Good point, Gecko. Who did MW team up with in the field, besides Larry? Maybe no one. Maybe he was assigned as a rookie agent to Larry, and then sent off on his own. But you're right; surely there is a mentor out there, a father figure...Unfortunately, I think it is still just Larry. We've been over the father figure theme with Larry. Raines is a good call, in terms of his recruiter. Having said all that, you've raised an interesting question - did MW partner with anyone else in the agency (meaning, not counting Sam or Fi), and if so, who?
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#1818 radb

radb

Trigger-happy fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Well, at some point he was Lucy's partner...

Posted Image

#1819 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • 6,708 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Well, at some point he was Lucy's partner...

Lucy, good one, radb. But while they worked together, I got the sense that MW was her Larry, her mentor. You're right, still counts as someone he worked WITH in the field. I think there were others he maybe worked "near" but not necessarily on the same job or with the same objectives, like Evelyn. Before reuniting with Fi and Sam, MW did like to work alone, didn't he? :huh:
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#1820 radb

radb

Trigger-happy fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

As much as I hate her, he worked with Samantha too <_<

Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved