Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

Guest Star Tuesday (Celebrating BN's Brilliant Guests...& Casting Dept!)

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#261 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by bcmom, 01 May 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Posted Image

#262 DuctTape

DuctTape

I'll take my chances!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Thank you for the pics bcmom. The guest stars were great. And I loved some of their expressions.

Acceptable Loss
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by DuctTape, 03 May 2012 - 04:40 AM.

3Yogurtsv5-IgnitetheLight.jpg

Lots of places in the world with C4 and yogurt

#263 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hi all. Sorry I am late for Guest Star Tuesday.

Fail Safe

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by bcmom, 09 May 2012 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#264 philliesfan

philliesfan

The love between Michael & Fiona is the heart of the show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thanks, bcmom! Great as always!

I meant to write something about Rebecca...maybe later.

But since Tilly had that post in S5 Rewatch about the villains of BN, I think it's time to bring back all the posts about the Smug SOBs, too. And crown Anson with that title, as well.

I won't steal your thunder with that now. We can revisit the popular Smug SOBs next week....Stay tuned!

MFParis1person.jpg

#265 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

VILLAINS

"I like villains because there's something so attractive about a committed person.

They have a plan, an ideology, no matter how twisted. They're motivated."

- Russell Crowe -

Tilly recently posted about villains in the S5 Rewatch thread. It reminded me of our Smug SOBs. I thought it would be fun to bring the SMUG SOB VILLAINS back.

I borrowed Fi's words and call this: "Smug SOB's"

Smug SOB #1: Brennen. "Out Of The Fire"
Played to perfection by Jay Karnes. His intonations make these lines so much more expressive! Smug and snarky. Patronizing. Insufferable. The guy who thinks he's the smartest kid in the class and wants everyone to know it. Especially Michael Westen.

Sam: "Ok, so you're here to what, take a victory lap?"
Brennen: "Little bit. But mostly it's a business trip. I'm here to get Spy Guy to slit a few dozen throats."
Michael: "And if I say no?
Brennen: "You won't! Because, if you refuse, a very special audio file gets sent to, uh - What is he, your boss? Your keeper?"

Brennen: "How is Nate? I sent him a Christmas card. I never heard back."

Brennen to Sam: "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you're not the brains behind this operation? Computers that can access the federal data base also live in federal courthouses. Did I go too fast? Are you lost, Sam?"

Brennen (when Larry & Michael ask more questions than he likes): "Larry, Michael, it's called compartmentalization. We each have our own unique and very specific set of responsibilities. I handle the details, you two point and shoot."
Michael: "You want us to start shooting, you need to start sharing."
Brennen: "Ok, fine. But only because I'm particularly proud of this."
Larry (after Brennen leaves): "That guy...He's kind of a d*ck."

Brennen (to Michael, with Larry there, too): "You want one or two days to scout. Which would also conveniently give you one or two days to try and come up with a plan to wriggle out from under my thumb. That about the shape of it, Westen? Wait! How about this instead? Why don't both you ladies put on your game faces, right now, because you're going in, right now."

Brennen, dying, still wants to get in a last one-upmanship on Michael: "You didn't beat me, Michael."

* Says an Arabian proverb: Arrogance diminishes wisdom.
* Says Aesop: "Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction."

'Bye, Brennen!

More Smug SOBs to come in future weeks...Happy Guest Star Tuesday!

Smug SOB #2: Larry.

Larry reminds me of jilted lover who won't accept the breakup. How about these quotes from the Glenn Close character in "Fatal Attraction:"
"I won't be ignored!"
And to Michael Douglas' wife: "And don't you think I understand what you're doing? You're trying to move him into the country...and you're keeping him away from me."
Glenn Close = Larry, Michael Douglas = Michael, and Michael Douglas' wife = Sam in this scenario.
Larry feels Michael threw him over for Sam. As best buddy, not lover, but it seems strikingly similar to me! And like the girlfriend who tries to trap her boyfriend into staying by getting pregnant intentionally, Larry keeps trying to trap Michael into working with him again, hoping to make Michael fall in love with the dark side of himself and stay with Larry permanently.

That's how I've recently come to see it. Feel free to disagree. But here are some quotes from our Smug SOB #2, Larry, from "Out Of The Fire." Examples of his smugness and his SOB-ness - if not his lover-who-refuses-the-breakup-ness. (Pardon my coining awkward phrases.)

Larry: "You know, the funny thing about this world is, people lose stuff all the time. Sometimes it's taken from them. I see a very bright future for whoever holds that list - and it's not gonna be Brennen forever. Believe that."

Larry: "They took your life away! I know what you want to do. Give yourself permission."
Michael: "What makes you think I won't start with you?"
Larry: "Because you're lost. And because I am the way back. And deep down, you know that."

Brennen (Smug SOB #1): "You didn't beat me, Michael."
Larry (Smug SOB #2): "No. I did."

Larry: "You need me to survive. You're gonna have some awfully big predators stalking you. But you'll be fine if you stick with me. Hey, it's time for the little baby bird to come back to the nest." (How patronizing!)

Sam: "Now put me on speaker phone, jerk."
Larry: "I'm sorry, I don't take orders from pathetic old - " (Condescending!)

And one final example of Larry refusing to accept Michael walking out of his life: As Michael does so, Larry first mouths silently, then bellows it: "Michael!"

Stay tuned for another Smug SOB next week. Happy Guest Star Tuesday!

Continuing with our Smug SOBs from the S4 finale(s)...

Smug SOB #3: Vaughn, "Last Stand"

First: A quote, not from BN:

"All too often, arrogance accompanies strength, and we must never assume that justice is on the side of the strong. The use of power must always be accompanied by moral choice." - Theodore Bikel

I suppose Vaughn might say he did make moral choices. But he didn't treat people nicely on his way to getting Barrett - or rather, using Michael to get Barrett. And clearly Team Westen doesn't view Vaughn's choices as moral ones.

Ok, on to the show...

Vaughn introduces himself to Michael in this episode with this declaration of war:

"I'm tired of this coy crap...I gave you a chance to be my friend, time after time, but that's over now, Westen. Now you're gonna see what it's like having me for an enemy. And so will your friends, and so is your family."

Taking off the gloves. But really, Vaughn's version of being "friends" involved working together as partners, as long as Michael served the same goals as Vaughn. Would he truly have let Michael walk away at the beginning of the season, as he claimed he would, from that holding cell, had Michael refused his offer of "partnership?" Who was being coy then, hmm? Smug SOB.

Other smugly-delivered quotes. (And Robert Wisdom was very good at the smooth, suave, smiling but arrogant and dangerous villain.)

"Nice try, Westen! Problem is, one of the guys on that list you found is Homeland Security....We got all the time in the world...."

"You know, I gave you a way out a long time ago, Fiona. You should have taken that deal." An I-told-you-so tossed at Fiona when he knows this is difficult for her. No wonder she says, "Let's get ready. Whether we make it out of this or not, I want to blast that smug sonofabitch to hell.")

Again to Fiona: "But before we go any further, I think there's something you should know. I remember how our last 'deal' went. So, I brought along some insurance, just as a precaution in case you had something planned. I brought along a friend....Say hi to Mom....Say 'Hi,' Mom." (Maddie doesn't like Vaughn's attitude, either: "Go to hell, you bastard!")

Michael: "Vaughn, let me talk to her."
Vaughn: "Oh, so there he is. Fiona said you weren't involved. So I guess you had something planned. I'm glad I took precautions."
Michael: "Let me talk to her now!"
Vaughn: "You watch your tone there, Michael. If you're not careful, she could get hurt." Looking to one of his guys, who obediently hits Maddie with the rifle butt. She cries out reflexively.
Michael: "Vaughn!"
Vaughn: "Calm down, Michael, it was just a love tap." Addressing Maddie: "Talk to him. Talk to him!"`
To Michael, after Maddie claims she's been shot: "She's fine, Michael, she's lying. But I'd be more than happy to shoot her if it comes to that."
Michael: "Leave her alone, Vaughn. I'm coming down."
Vaughn: "Oh yeah, I'll believe that when I see it."

To Maddie: "So now, does being too clever for your own good run in your family?"

Later, to Maddie: "Grab a window seat, Mom, so you can watch me kill your boy."
She spits at him. He still smiles.

When Sam comes with the armed help courtesy of Cowley, Vaughn defiantly snaps: "Get that gun off my face! You have no authority here!"

Finally, Smug SOB #3 gets his come-uppance. A punch to the face (yay, Sam!) and later, he's led off in handcuffs. Still, however, maintaining an attitude: "It's too bad, really, Westen, we could have been a good team."

I suspect Fiona would still like to wipe that smug smile off his face with a block of C-4....Whaddya think? ;)

Happy Smug SOB Guest Star Tuesday!

This one is by Fanatic - who did a super-duper fantastic job, did she not?

Mason Gilroy, Smug SOB #6? Certainly not the same as Vaughn and Brennan, but a formidable candidate to be considered. You be the judge.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

REVISED

Anson Fullerton

Smug SOB

"Evil Mastermind"

No sooner is Larry, the evil father-like figure who tries to invade Michael's soul, gone, then we learn there is another bad guy present who will is also invasive of Michael's mind. The evil Dr. Fullerton has completely violated Michael and his family. He has completely violated his Hippocratic oath, as well. He posed as a counselor of good intentions when meeting with Madeline, when his real purpose was to learn about Michael and his family history. All for the purpose of using Michael Westen as a burned spy. Further, he has posed as a victim, to procure their help, and thus maneuvered Michael & Fiona into his clutches.

Personally, I would have thought the act of bringing Larry back into Michael's life qualified as sadistic enough of an act! But to learn that he did that, and had an innocent woman killed, and had Max killed, and framed Michael for murder, and holds over their head the possibility of framing Fiona for murder/terrorism.....We later learn he also got to know Michael's father so that he could learn about Michael, then had Frank killed. He paid Benny to be the man of Maddie's dreams, breaking her heart and killing Benny. He threw many wrenches into Michael's first stint in charge of a CIA team operation, then asked Michael to do the unthinkable - plant false evidence to burn Agent Pearce and the rest of his team. He even planned to kill Jesse in the op - after promising Michael that he & Jesse would come out of Michael's op cleanly. Despicable!

Add to it all his callousness. He speaks in a detached, clinical manner when he relates the various sins he has committed against others. It means nothing to him. It's a means to an end - his own selfish end - and the most feeling he exhibits is a quiet confident pride in his cleverness. In other words, he's self-satisfied, which makes him smug.

Throughout all this, Anson toys with Michael's newfound feelings of attachment and long-buried childhood hurts. He twists counselor language to pretend that he is helping Michael confront his past, examine his motivations, and admit that he has roots for Michael's own good, when really Anson is only interested in what's good for his own self. The whole time, he's asking Michael to choose between honor and love, creating conflict & division within Michael's heart rather than helping Michael become a whole person (Michael was already learning to integrate job and home, self and relationship, before Anson came along) as he claims to be. He causes pain rather than healing it. And he has the audacity to take credit for the life Michael has built for himself since Anson burned him.

Is there anything creepier than someone who's entrusted to do good, misusing their skills to abuse others?

Happy Guest Star Tuesday!

Thoughts?

Would anyone like to add favorite pictures of villains?
Do a profile of Carla?
Management?
Strickler?

Happy VILLAIN Tuesday!

Edited by philliesfan, 15 May 2012 - 09:57 PM.

MFParis1person.jpg

#266 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi all. Welcome to Guest Star (Villian) Tuesday

Great stuff philliesfan :D

Fail Safe

Anson Fullerton SSOB

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#267 beancheile

beancheile

"My Brains, Your Brawn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Great idea, philliesfan. I really hated this guy! Tom Strickler, agent to the spies, definitely can be added to the Smug SOB category. Thought I would simply use Strickler's own words to prove the point.

Posted Image

Match people with opportunities. A bit like an agent. A man with your skills is extremely valuable as I'm sure you're aware. And I, uh, just make sure all that doesn't go to waste. (306)

Now, you're a man with enemies, we know that. But your enemies have enemies of their own. People will pay to have you take care of their problems. It's called synergy—the enemy of your enemy is your financial opportunity.(306)

I'm putting together a dealf or you right now actually. An old associate of yours who's making a move to Miami. Figure the smart money's on Michael Westen in that little fight.
And you're the smart money.(306)

Don't be concerned,sweetheart. Let me guess, our favorite spy's in a bit of a jam and you're hoping I can get him out. Ah, wish it were that simple. I was the one telling him to keep his head down till I could find out more about who was after him.(306)

…Quick negotiating on my part and viola—your day trip to the swamp paid for itself.(306)

This is just the beginning.I can get you whatever you want.(306)

It's organic. The best money can buy.(307)

Did you even look at the lotion? It's 40% aloe vera. Apparently, they say its great for burns.(307)

If we were working together, I'd be there for you, too.(307)

Listen, Michael, we all know what's at the top of your Christmas list. Work with me and I can deliver that list to Santa himself.(307)

We both know you checked my references and we both know that I have the access you need.(307)

So what do we say we make this a take it or leave it moment.(307)

It won't offend your sensibilities. Trust me.(307)

Posted Image

So, I just want to remind you what's at stake. You do this and you have my word the powers that be will review your burn notice.(308)

I wouldn't be driving an Aston Martin if I didn't know how to keep a promise.(308)

You'll get your call from Washington.(308)

Gosh, that's need to know and you don't need to know.(308)

For you, happy birthday. Is it me or is someone on their way back to the promised land?(308)

This is just the beginning,superstar.(308)

Do we love this place, or what? I almost didn't go for it but then I thought I'm worth it.(309)

The truth? Oh, come on. You are not in the truth business, Michael. You never were.(309)

Lucky for us all the US operatives died…(309)

Stop being naïve. You're just replacing one lie with another and this lie washes you clean.(309)

Posted Image
Bravo. Put that all together yourself.(309)

I'm your goddamn white knight, Michael.(309)

I'm getting a little sick of your ingratitude. I'm the one trying to help you out.(309)

And it was clear you were too attached to do what needed to be done. So, like a good partner I did it for you. (309)

I'll be the bad guy. You're welcome.(309)

She doesn't fit into your future—OUR future. So, why don't you do yourself a favor and just forget the past.(309)

Posted Image

Tom Stricker arrives in Miami seeking a mutually beneficial relationship with Michael. Beneficial to Michael if he was the sort of man to be swayed by money, yachts, and expensive champagne and had a flexible sense of morality---the kind of man that Strickler appears to be. Strickler is sharp and readily picks up that Michael can be tempted not by greed but by honor. It is all about the burn notice for Michael and restoring his good name. Strickler switches tactics and begins to lure Michael in. Fiona's instincts kick in immediately, as does Michael's, but his desperation to "get back in" override his rationality… for a time. Strickler holds out the brass ring for Michael,realizing the last hurdle is Fiona. Once she is gone, Strickler believes he triumphs. The Smug SOB didn't realize until it was too late for himself that there was one thing more important to Michael Westen than his burn notice. Slan go foill, Stricker!

Edited by beancheile, 16 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#268 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Terrific job, bean! I enjoyed reading that, thanks! Strickler was definitely a Smug SOB & good riddance to him.

There may not be any other smug villains, but there are other villains if someone would like to give it a go and do a little profile of them for us.

Management....Carla....Simon (now there's a fun one)....Natalie (who outplayed the team her first time)....O'Neill...

MFParis1person.jpg

#269 USAfanatic1744

USAfanatic1744

"Plenty of Muscle"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Terrific job, bean! I enjoyed reading that, thanks! Strickler was definitely a Smug SOB & good riddance to him.

There may not be any other smug villains, but there are other villains if someone would like to give it a go and do a little profile of them for us.

Management....Carla....Simon (now there's a fun one)....Natalie (who outplayed the team her first time)....O'Neill...

I Totally agree; you did a great job Beancheile. I'm not sure I could select just one winner for the most vile and hated SOB during the last five seasons. Strickler or Anson?Posted Image

#270 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

602 "Mixed Messages"

Anthony Ruivivar as Montero

He played nuts very well in a gaudy, shiny tan suit with hot-pink shirt, yellow handkerchief in the pocket matching the yellow belt with big, shiny buckle.

Some memorable lines:

Montero pulls a switchblade on Jesse, laying it alongside his neck. Jesse flinches as he clicks it open. "You don't walk away, I'll create a big opening. One push of this, and you're bloodier than my steak."

Finding Jesse's dead "boss" in the fridge, he's amused: "That's a year's worth of bacon!"

Shooting the DEA van until it explodes: "Whooh! Burn in hell, you dead puntas!"

"I wish I could have seen those pigs burn myself! Love a good barbecue!"

John C. McGinley as Tom Card

Michael's CIA trainer is gruff, blunt, hardass who doesn't pussyfoot around or sugarcoat things. He doesn't like everyone, and he's not charming, but he seems relatively fair and pretty decent and forthright. Probably not an easy man to please, and someone who looks out for his own interests, but he does offer praise when he feels its warranted, does let you know where you stand, doesn't expect you to pretend to love him, and does keep his word.

Some of his lines:

"Cry me a river, Michael, I wasn't that bad on you."

Card: "I liked her fine. I didn't like my protege sleeping with a foreign arms trader he met under a cover ID. That sort of thing can make your training officer look bad."
Michael: "You said she would ruin my life."
Card: "I was just calling it the way I saw it. In my defense, I didn't know so many people would be lining up to ruin your life anyway."

About the pen:
Card: "Michael - Michael please don't break it. Red tape is brutal at the agency these days."
Michael, tongue in cheek: "I'll guard it with my life."
Card: "Atta boy."

When Michael leaves Jesse to do the op alone, Card is angry. He cocks his gun in preparation for extracting Jesse and doesn't take kindly to Michael questioning him: "What does it look like I'm doing, playing Tiddlywinks?"

To Michael, sardonically, after Montero kills DEA Agent Kemp. "I forgot what a pleasure it is working with you,"

"Come back to the office with me, get a yogurt." How funny that Card & Michael are both big yogurt eaters!

Happy Guest Star Tuesday!

Edited by philliesfan, 27 June 2012 - 12:30 AM.

MFParis1person.jpg

#271 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi all. :) Welcome to Guest Star Tuesday :)

Scorched Earth

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by bcmom, 10 July 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image

#272 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

These are nice pictures from 601, "Scorched Earth", bcmom.

I'll try to do a portrait of Ayn to cover 603-604.

But for now, here's a fun collage I made of so many good guest stars. There are so many other good ones, but you can't fit them all into one collage!

Posted Image

MFParis1person.jpg

#273 beancheile

beancheile

"My Brains, Your Brawn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

AYN (602 and 603)...a nickname for Anything You Need, a master at procuring even the most difficult of items to obtain in prison---for a price.She is an entrepreneur and knows her customers. She seems a bit curious and possibly intrigued by the newest member of cellblock 9.

Well, if it isn't the newest resident of Cell Block 9.

You wanna know who's trying to kill you. Damn girl, just skipped all over the small talk. What ever happened to where you're from, what you're in for, how manyy ears you gettin?

There's always favor for a favor, but I doubt you wanna go there. Try me.

Once Fi and Ayn have officially met, it's onto business. Ayn's proud of her business acumen but definitely sees Fiona as a different sort of prisoner. When Fi develops her "shopping list", you can see Ayn thinks this is someone she would like to get to know a bit better.

Is there anything you can't get in here? If the price was right, I could stage a Beatles reunion concert in the main yard.

That's a helluva shopping list...Magnesium? Overnight? Honey, I'm good but I'm not magic. What about a sparkler? You know this breaks one of my rules but I might decide to like you, Criminal.

Oh,look at you, you got your own little early detection system.

Ayn starts to like this new inmate but her business comes first. Prisoners come and go, as do friends, but her business is a way to survive, keep her wits sharp, and make her stay a bit more palatable.

You really think you're in a position to call the shots here.

This was business, honey. Our little friend over there got the notion could open up shop on my block. I had t let her know that market conditions weren't conducive to expansion.

Easy now, I'm trying to protect both of us here.

Fiona is not the average prisoner and Ayn looks somewhat afraid of the quick reaction and Fiona's anger. Still she is willing to help--for a price, but some favors are not worth it!

The place changes all of us sooner or later. Looks like sooner for you.

Vicodin.I don't usually offer sale prices but for you--ten bucks.

Oh,sorry, Criminal. Not this time. Not with those two involved. I might die in prison but I vastly prefer it be of natural causes.

No reason to lose everything in my cell. I would compensate you for your losses.Listen, Criminal, I like you but I like my business more.

And yet some things are so precious, that no amount of money or power can replace it.

It must have been important to be worth losing your stash. It was.

This was my mother's. It'sbeautiful.

Or maybe I thought I'd see if I remember what trust feels like.

Ayn and Fiona--an uneasy friendship in an uneasy place.
Posted Image

Edited by beancheile, 18 July 2012 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#274 JDMyMuse

JDMyMuse

~Spies live in the shadows, but they dream of the light.~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

I've been rewatching some older episodes, and I really would like to see the return of Seymour. In spite of his eccentricities, and the "gunpowder in the face" incident, I truly enjoyed his philosophical musings, and his take on the Mike/Fi relationship.

#275 bratno7

bratno7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

I've been rewatching some older episodes, and I really would like to see the return of Seymour. In spite of his eccentricities, and the "gunpowder in the face" incident, I truly enjoyed his philosophical musings, and his take on the Mike/Fi relationship.

Well, ya know, Card wants Fi to turn on her supplier...

#276 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

AYN (602 and 603)...a nickname for Anything You Need, a master at procuring even the most difficult of items to obtain in prison---for a price.She is an entrepreneur and knows her customers. She seems a bit curious and possibly intrigued by the newest member of cellblock 9.

Well, if it isn't the newest resident of Cell Block 9.

You wanna know who's trying to kill you. Damn girl, just skipped all over the small talk. What ever happened to where you're from, what you're in for, how manyy ears you gettin?

There's always favor for a favor, but I doubt you wanna go there. Try me.

Once Fi and Ayn have officially met, it's onto business. Ayn's proud of her business acumen but definitely sees Fiona as a different sort of prisoner. When Fi develops her "shopping list", you can see Ayn thinks this is someone she would like to get to know a bit better.

Is there anything you can't get in here? If the price was right, I could stage a Beatles reunion concert in the main yard.

That's a helluva shopping list...Magnesium? Overnight? Honey, I'm good but I'm not magic. What about a sparkler? You know this breaks one of my rules but I might decide to like you, Criminal.

Oh,look at you, you got your own little early detection system.

Ayn starts to like this new inmate but her business comes first. Prisoners come and go, as do friends, but her business is a way to survive, keep her wits sharp, and make her stay a bit more palatable.

You really think you're in a position to call the shots here.

This was business, honey. Our little friend over there got the notion could open up shop on my block. I had t let her know that market conditions weren't conducive to expansion.

Easy now, I'm trying to protect both of us here.

Fiona is not the average prisoner and Ayn looks somewhat afraid of the quick reaction and Fiona's anger. Still she is willing to help--for a price, but some favors are not worth it!

The place changes all of us sooner or later. Looks like sooner for you.

Vicodin.I don't usually offer sale prices but for you--ten bucks.

Oh,sorry, Criminal. Not this time. Not with those two involved. I might die in prison but I vastly prefer it be of natural causes.

No reason to lose everything in my cell. I would compensate you for your losses.Listen, Criminal, I like you but I like my business more.

And yet some things are so precious, that no amount of money or power can replace it.

It must have been important to be worth losing your stash. It was.

This was my mother's. It'sbeautiful.

Or maybe I thought I'd see if I remember what trust feels like.

Ayn and Fiona--an uneasy friendship in an uneasy place.
Posted Image

Thanks, bean! Nice job with a portrait of Ayn!

I like Ayn because she's a no-nonsense, forthright woman. You can take her at her word.

She lets Fi know that she's not buying her claims of innocence, by calling her Criminal. But she gives Fi the chance to earn a favor, and like the good businesswoman bean has described her to be, she keeps her end of the bargain. Because of that (603), we knew she was reliable, trustworthy.

In 604, she went a step further, and granted the favor before she got her own favor. She didn't tell Fi she would do this, so it must have been a last-minute decision on Ayn's part. And having a hard shell, she won't come right out and say that she did acted kindly. But she does admit that she decided to give Fiona the benefit of the doubt - to "see if I remember what trust feels like". She went from being trustworthy to trusting. It's pretty high estimation of Fiona, and it's also impressive for this hard-shelled businesswoman to allow Fi a glimpse into the soft heart inside - by acting to save Fi's life, by trusting Fi to keep their bargain, and by entrusting her with a revelation of her heart.

I like you you put it, bean "an uneasy friendship in an uneasy place". I'm glad Fi has a friend in prison.

Edited by philliesfan, 18 July 2012 - 06:16 PM.

MFParis1person.jpg

#277 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

604 "Under The Gun" & 605 "Split Decision" - Rebecca Lang

In 604, Rebecca was still doing Anson's bidding, but she was miserable and increasingly desperate. She confesses to a goading Sam: "I work for Anson because, if I don't, my brother dies."

Michael offers to help her, and she wants to believe him, but has doubts: "There's nothing you can do."

Like Michael, Rebecca has been blackmailed by Anson with the fate of a loved one. Unlike Michael, Rebecca seems to be utterly alone.

(605)
It must be a relief to her to have Michael & his friends on her side. But she's been on her own for long enough that she's afraid to trust anyone. She makes the decision to give Michael a chance, to start to trust, but....as Maddie once said, "Trust is a process." Rebecca is tense, worried, impatient - and grumpy. And she still harbors reservations about trusting Michael, still wants to guard what information she has about her brother as a means of protecting him.

"You can't find him, can you?" she grumbles in greeting to Michael when he returns to the loft. "I seem to remember sparing your life so you could."
Michael: "You haven't given us much to go on."
Rebecca: "I already told Sam, I'm not letting you gamble with my brother's life."
Michael: "I'm asking you to trust me."
Rebecca: "How can I do that?"

Posted Image

Ultimately, Rebecca takes another step in trust by telling Michael more of what she knows, and allowing him to formulate a plan to help, his way. At every step of the way, however - whenever Michael needs something or there's a wrinkle, a delay, or a road block - she frets again with agitation and bad humor.

In spite of her desperation, Rebecca is a strong woman. As with Fi, her worry tends to be expressed more through anger, causing Sam to worry she'll become violent.

Funny that neither Sam nor Jesse relishes her company. Sam eats outside rather than stay in the loft when she's like a caged and hungry lion, while Jesse chooses a 500-mile trip with Nate over staying with Rebecca.

Funny, too, how Rebecca scares Sam when, together, they go under cover as police detectives in order to place a fake file in police storage. Rebecca intimidates the clerk and Sam, too.

"Hey. Eyes up here, little man." She's left at least one too many buttons undone in her blouse and leans over the desk, enticing the clerk's gaze to land on her cleavage. Now she uses that opportunity to get what she wants by scaring him.
Posted Image

Speaking about Sam, who looks at her with arched eyebrows, she continues: "He's already on my bad side, and if you don't want to end up there, too, you'll quit looking down my shirt and take the damn file....You can't bend the rules for your precious file room, but sexual harassment's ok."

The clerk: "Ok, ok. I'll file it. Just go." Rebecca stares at him with measured gaze before turning to go. Sam's face is priceless.

Posted Image Posted Image

Sam chuckles as they exit: "You know, you're, uh - "
Rebecca cuts him off: "If you say 'pretty when you're angry', I'll break your jaw."
Sam: "No, I was going to go with 'terrifying'."

In the end, Michael succeeds, with his team's help (Sam, Rebecca, Jesse), in getting Rebecca's brother off the radar of the crime boss who wanted him dead. Rebecca waits anxiously, looking into Michael's face, while she awaits the news.

Posted Image

Michael: "Your brother is safe."
Rebecca: "Are you sure?"
Michael assures her that it's over. She smiles and lets out a sigh of relief.
Posted Image

"Thank you...uh...I don't really know what else to say except thank you."

She wipes a tear from her eye and hurriedly grabs a beer to cover her show of emotion. It's a sweet moment.

Then, Rebecca requests one more thing of Michael as she prepares to tell him where to find Anson: "Just promise me when you finally get that bastard in custody...no deals, no negotiations, no compromises."

Posted Image

That's an easy promise for Michael to make!

Rebecca, finally free of Anson. Michael helped her, and she's helping him to find a way to get to the man who has made them both sell their souls, caused them both pain.

Happy Guest Star Tues/Wednesday!

Edited by philliesfan, 14 September 2012 - 04:59 PM.

MFParis1person.jpg

#278 philliesfan

philliesfan

• Members
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

606 "Shock Wave" - Nate Westen, played by Seth Peterson

Nate, the little brother.
He both loved and hated Michael.
He resented that Michael thought he knew better.
He hated that Michael was always right, especially about him.
He respected him for it, too.
He admired his brother's strength, his patriotism, his heroism.
He relied on his brother's protection, his steadfast if grudging loyalty.
He returned that loyalty. He would do anything for Michael. They were brothers.
He craved his brother's respect and affection.
He knew his brother loved him.
And he loved his older brother.

Nate was fun. He was funny and flawed. He was reckless, a self-termed screw-up even though well-intentioned. We saw him grow up over the seasons. We saw Michael rely on him, even if reluctantly. Nate never said no to his brother - not even when on his honeymoon. He always tried his best to earn his brother's respect and trust.

Nate was the one who advised Michael to continue to look for answers to the questions that remained in his mind about the organization that burned him - - even though Sam and Fi thought Michael just needed to let go. Nate knew Michael could not, and he told him he should not.

So it was fitting that he be there in the end, to see it through to the end with his brother. It was fitting that Nate screw up with the best of intentions, and that Michael chase him away in anger. It was fitting that Nate disregard his brother's instructions, and it was fitting that he be the one to capture Anson. To step forward and protect his brother by apprehending the man who'd caused him so much pain. "Family first, right?" Indeed. "Hey, asshole. Michael Westen says hello."

Nate did not know that his moment of triumph - when he had freed Michael from the past years of frustration, as Michael had so often saved him from his own predicaments - would be his final act. At just the moment when he was basking in his big brother's smile of pleasure, his brother's admonition of the danger was proven right. Nate Westen's life was cut short. He died in his big brother's arms.

Goodbye, Nate Westen. I choose to think you died a heroic death because you took a chance to help your brother. You did succeed, except it cost you your life. Rest In Peace.

Here's a photographic hommage to Nate Westen.
Posted Image

Edited by philliesfan, 31 July 2012 - 10:35 PM.

MFParis1person.jpg

#279 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Wow!! Philliesfan that was awesome!
Posted Image

#280 JDMyMuse

JDMyMuse

~Spies live in the shadows, but they dream of the light.~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thank you, Phillie. A touching tribute. I agree, he died a hero.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved