• Please log in to reply
1901 replies to this topic

#21 nemofish

nemofish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

The episode “Secrets” that was on last night discusses a type of parental abuse that led to the victim’s addiction. Does anyone remember what it was? I wanted to look it up for a paper I am writing

#22 BensonFanatic

BensonFanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

The episode "Secrets" that was on last night discusses a type of parental abuse that led to the victim's addiction. Does anyone remember what it was? I wanted to look it up for a paper I am writing

what do you mean "what it was" like what kind of addiction, or what kind of abuse she went though?
P.S. welcome to the boards!
9 Attagirls * I've missed you guys!*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---E/O shipper 4 life---
There are special people who touch our lives in a certain way, and having known them, we will never be the same. ~ Unknown~

#23 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

I have a question about a speech. Does anyone remember the episode Monogamy that stared the late John Ritter in season 3? It was about a man who ripped a baby out of his wife's stomach because he was upset that she cheated on him. Well anyways, there was a converstaion between Elliot and Olivia that kinda threw me off.

"You know everyone in there is on your side, but were not mind readers and if your not going to say what's wrong with you that's fine. But there's not a whole hell of a lot we can do."- Olivia

"I know your on my side."-Elliot

"Elliot what is going on? Would you talk to me? Is there someone else?"-Olivia

"No its nothing like that. To be honest it be easier if there was. I um...I don't know what this is."

You see the words in bold? This threw me off. I have no idea what the heck they are talking about. At first I thought they were talking about maybe Elliot cheating on Kathy but then Elliot said I don't know what this is and I got confused all over again. Does anyone have any idea what these two crazy detectives may be talking about?
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The power to learn is present in everyone's soul
and the instrument with which each learns is like an eye
that cannot be turned around from darkness to light
without turning the whole body." ~Plato

#24 BensonFanatic

BensonFanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

I have a question about a speech. Does anyone remember the episode Monogamy that stared the late John Ritter in season 3? It was about a man who ripped a baby out of his wife's stomach because he was upset that she cheated on him. Well anyways, there was a converstaion between Elliot and Olivia that kinda threw me off.

"You know everyone in there is on your side, but were not mind readers and if your not going to say what's wrong with you that's fine. But there's not a whole hell of a lot we can do."- Olivia

"I know your on my side."-Elliot

"Elliot what is going on? Would you talk to me? Is there someone else?"-Olivia

"No its nothing like that. To be honest it be easier if there was. I um...I don't know what this is."

You see the words in bold? This threw me off. I have no idea what the heck they are talking about. At first I thought they were talking about maybe Elliot cheating on Kathy but then Elliot said I don't know what this is and I got confused all over again. Does anyone have any idea what these two crazy detectives may be talking about?

wow...i'll have to watch it over again, but to me, it sounds like Elliots saying "this" meaning whatever he's goin through w/ Kathy...like "this" fight, or "this" rough patch....Cause Liv says "is there someone else?" and when El says "it'd be easier if there was. I dunno what this is" kinda like i don't know what all this means, i don't know what's going on w/ her type of deal. At least i think...Maybe other ppl will respond w/ something totally different. I hope this helps...:D

---E/O shipper 4 life---
There are special people who touch our lives in a certain way, and having known them, we will never be the same. ~ Unknown~

#25 Enaka4SVU

Enaka4SVU

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

wow...i'll have to watch it over again, but to me, it sounds like Elliots saying "this" meaning whatever he's goin through w/ Kathy...like "this" fight, or "this" rough patch....Cause Liv says "is there someone else?" and when El says "it'd be easier if there was. I dunno what this is" kinda like i don't know what all this means, i don't know what's going on w/ her type of deal. At least i think...Maybe other ppl will respond w/ something totally different. I hope this helps...:D

Lol... let me back you up, B.F. Funny you mentioned “Monogamy” eppy, Mary82, my netflix mail just arrived. It was SVU season 3. I’d be happy to share it with you. Enjoy reading!

* From the beginning, Maureen (Elliot’s daughter) stepped into her Daddy’s department for she had bad news to break. Then Elliot and Maureen both came out of Cragen’s office looking unhappy. Here’s the dialogue where Elliot and Olivia waited for the female junkie. Olivia was a bit impatient that time. *

ELLIOT: “You want to leave? Go ahead!”

OLIVIA: “Or could you stop being a jerk and tell me what the hell’s going on with you? Is this about Maureen?”

ELLIOT: “I screwed up. I didn’t send in a check for the Columbia application.”

OLIVIA: “Is it too late?”

ELLIOT: “ I don’t know!”

OLIVIA: “Elliot, what is this?!”

ELLIOT: “I’ve been distracted…”

* Elliot was being nasty to Munch after he opened a few funny remarks, like he usually does. Again, Olivia came to Elliot, who was about to enter the elevator.*

OLIVIA: “You know everybody in that room is on your side. But we’re not mind readers. And if you’re not going to say what’s wrong with you, that’s fine! But there’s not a whole hell of a lot we can do.”

ELLIOT: “I know you’re on my side.”

OLIVIA: “Elliot, what is going on? Would you talk to me? Is there somebody else?”

ELLIOT: “No. It’s nothing like that. To be honest, it’d be easier if there was… I… I don’t know what this is… It’s…it just never goes away, you know, every case, a little bit more horrific than the last. And I go home. What am I supposed to do, talk about my day at work? ‘Honey, today a guy cut a baby out of his wife’s stomach, pass the gravy please?’ ”

OLIVIA: “So you just don’t talk at all. That’s no solution, Elliot.”

ELLIOT: “Well, one of us has to be able to sleep at night. She (his wife Kathy) thinks I’m shutting her out.”

OLIVIA: “You are. That’s exactly what you do. You keep this up, you’re going to ruin the best thing you ever had.”

* Here’s the last part where Elliot raised his voice at everyone, especially at ADA Cabot, for no one agreed with him *

ALEX: (To the Captain, Elliot & Olivia) “Prove the baby was born alive according to New York State of Law. It died while it was still in mother’s womb. It technically wasn’t a person, so it’s not murder.”

ELLIOT: “I don’t care if you call it a person or not, it’s still murder!”

OLIVIA: “I don’t know, Elliot, you cannot have both ways. A fetus is either a life or its not.”

ELLIOT: “Olivia, you saw that baby! YOU SAW THAT BABY!! That guy’s gonna walk!!”

OLIVIA: “And I don’t like it anymore than you do!”

ALEX: “And I am not prepared to dismantle reproductive rights on an inconclusive case!”

ELLIOT: “We’re going to let a murderer get away to preserve a polical ideal, I don’t know what am I even doing here?!?”

CRAGEN: “Take a break, detective…”

* That’s all. It seems this eppy was all about Elliot and the problems he had been struggling with lately. Hope that helps you, Mary82! * :)

Later!

#26 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

Thanks! In a way it does but why use the word this? Don't you think that it would have been better if Elliot had said "I don't know what is going on with me?" or "I don't know what my problem is?" I don't know. It almost seemed like the writers threw that in to throw off the viewers. Because if anyone that had never seen SVU and watched this episode for the first time then they would get the false impression that Olivia and Elliot were a couple. The speech to me sounded like a couple fighting; you know the classic it's not you it's me thing. Because when Olivia says "Is there someone else?" and Elliot says, "To be honest it be easier if there was." it made it sound like she was suspecting him of cheating on her. I don't know. I guess the wording kind of threw me off.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

* That’s all. It seems this eppy was all about Elliot and the problems he had been struggling with lately. Hope that helps you, Mary82! * :) Later!

Thanks! It does help. It appeared to be the start of the downward spiral of his marriage with Kathy. Sort of like the begining of the end. I believe it is the first time Elliot had stated that he was having real marital problems. I mean the show had emplyed in season 2 that Elliot doesn't really talk to Kathy but it was never really shown by the writers that it bothered Kathy until this episode.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 cry1917

cry1917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

The episode “Secrets” that was on last night discusses a type of parental abuse that led to the victim’s addiction. Does anyone remember what it was? I wanted to look it up for a paper I am writing

Covert abuse. The father wuld watch the daughter take baths and make comments and leave sexual material around the house, so that the child as she becomes older uses sex as an outlet

#29 Enaka4SVU

Enaka4SVU

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

does anyone know what episode is this...? when elliot and olivia caught a perp, but the perp struggled and punched olivia in the face? i think he's a lawyer womanizer... then died in the middle of the show... thanks! so i 'll know what to get on the next dvd! :)

#30 nemofish

nemofish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

what do you mean "what it was" like what kind of addiction, or what kind of abuse she went though?
P.S. welcome to the boards!

It was something the abuse from her father that she went through as child the caused the sexual addiction as an adult.

#31 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

does anyone know what episode is this...? when elliot and olivia caught a perp, but the perp struggled and punched olivia in the face? i think he's a lawyer womanizer... then died in the middle of the show... thanks! so i 'll know what to get on the next dvd! :)

That was Season 4 episode FUTILITY with FRED SAVAGE as the perp. He handles his own defense in a multiple rape case and is killed by his former attorney, whom it turns out he was having an affair with.
Posted Image

Everything I love is either illegal,immoral,or fattening-Erma Bombeck

My other aliases are Rambabe & Trixie.

Avatar & banner by Lorri at svufans.net.

#32 Enaka4SVU

Enaka4SVU

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

That was Season 4 episode FUTILITY with FRED SAVAGE as the perp. He handles his own defense in a multiple rape case and is killed by his former attorney, whom it turns out he was having an affair with.

Wow, thanks! I'll wait for that episode again! I didn't get the part how exactly the perp got killed. Went out for a minute :)

#33 SwimHurl

SwimHurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

It was something the abuse from her father that she went through as child the caused the sexual addiction as an adult.

Women can't be sexual addicts, only men can.

#34 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:57 PM

Women can't be sexual addicts, only men can.

Where did you hear that! Woman can be just as addicted to sex as men.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 BensonFanatic

BensonFanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

hey....question about season 1/2. I'm sure ppl have noticed it, but in the begginning of season 2 they took off the words "molestation" from the intro. Anyone know why?
I mean, they had it all season 1...then all of a sudden remove it? whats up? anyway...if someone has any idea, pls post! thanks!

Edited by BensonFanatic, 14 February 2007 - 04:58 PM.

---E/O shipper 4 life---

#36 Enaka4SVU

Enaka4SVU

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

a little help here... please? someone mentioned that Fin was shot in one eppy... what episode is that? Thanks!

#37 bubbles5

bubbles5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:32 PM

a little help here... please? someone mentioned that Fin was shot in one eppy... what episode is that? Thanks!

I think it was Haunted in season 6

#38 Enaka4SVU

Enaka4SVU

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

I think it was Haunted in season 6

lol i was gone for 2 minutes and i got answer already. i must be special... THANKS :D

#39 jagfan101

jagfan101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

I really liked the epi too. It was kinda upsetting thou b/c i didnt stay up to watch it, but i taped it and watched in the am b4 school. Hope Elliot doesn't go back to Kathy!!

#40 Enaka4SVU

Enaka4SVU

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

I really liked the epi too. It was kinda upsetting thou b/c i didnt stay up to watch it, but i taped it and watched in the am b4 school. Hope Elliot doesn't go back to Kathy!!

jaqfan, am SHOCKED!!!!! nah just playing with you :P

There is no "Scourge" eppy thread, so I thought I'd share my big joy here about the episode. Ah... another Elliot/Kathy moment... Love what he said: "I love to hear your voice" to Kathy and he... being sarcastic to Olivia... love that... esp. when elliot sits closely next to olivia during meeting... ahh... what a soothing way to calm me down after the heartbreak from last night's "Dependent" episode... :wub:

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved