• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Etter

Etter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:16 AM

Could someone please tell me what make and model Micheal Weston's car is??

#2 misterclark

misterclark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:05 AM

Could someone please tell me what make and model Micheal Weston's car is??

It's a 1973 Dodge Charger. It's just a "plain-jane" version, not an SE or a Rallye version. It is most likely powered by a small block 318 engine. The hood scoop is non-functioning and is a copy of the 1969 Plymouth Road Runner 440 6-Pack hood scoop. I have been able to ID at least 2 cars being on hand for filming and there is possibly a third. Both cars were used in the past episode. The quick way to tell them apart is the hood scoop mounting. The "hero" car, the one we see in most close-up shots has the scoop blended into the hood with body filler, showing no seam and making it look like everything is one piece. The second car has the scoop mounted with no filler, leaving a noticeably visual seam. This is noticeable in the scene where Sam and Fi, playing the hired guns, pull into the parking garage. The outside sunlight plays across the hood and the scoop seam is easy to see. The hero car also has a more correct interior then the other car. But both cars are far from factory correct.
"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."

#3 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

It's a 1973 Dodge Charger. It's just a "plain-jane" version, not an SE or a Rallye version. It is most likely powered by a small block 318 engine. The hood scoop is non-functioning and is a copy of the 1969 Plymouth Road Runner 440 6-Pack hood scoop. I have been able to ID at least 2 cars being on hand for filming and there is possibly a third. Both cars were used in the past episode. The quick way to tell them apart is the hood scoop mounting. The "hero" car, the one we see in most close-up shots has the scoop blended into the hood with body filler, showing no seam and making it look like everything is one piece. The second car has the scoop mounted with no filler, leaving a noticeably visual seam. This is noticeable in the scene where Sam and Fi, playing the hired guns, pull into the parking garage. The outside sunlight plays across the hood and the scoop seam is easy to see. The hero car also has a more correct interior then the other car. But both cars are far from factory correct.

There are definitely 2 cars. DanJ saw them both out one day for filming.

The engine on at least one of them was replaced before this season, according to the Miami cop who works their shoots.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#4 CAGilder

CAGilder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

Good call on the 318... 'cause the 360 engine was definitely more trouble than it was worth!
Certified Burnologist

Posted Image

#5 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

I had a '73 without a hood scoop it had a 400 with a 4 barrel carb. it idled at over 25mph so i rode the break through town getting to school. The charger in the show is the main reason i got hooked on the show than i fell in love with JD. lol
Posted Image

#6 misterclark

misterclark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

I want to build a replica of the Charger next year. I still have a spare 383 that's not doing anything. Plenty of "oomph" for a cruiser. I'd like to get up-close and personal with the Hero car just for 30 minutes for pics and detail notes. It should be a fairly painless build as the car is mostly stock. The only big money that I can see would be making sure the body is flawless for that black paint. I had a 67 Barracuda back in the early 90's that I painted black(with red interior). Any flaw in the bodywork was really amplified with the black. And it was impossible to keep clean. They must wash the production cars several times a day. I eventually said the heck with it and settled down to enjoy the Mad Max look.
"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved