64 replies to this topic

#1 Monk_Manic

Monk_Manic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

The final episode of Monk should be:
One mystery of closing in on Trudyís killer, is that armed people seem to get off close range shots at him, but do not stop him, and thus are killed themselves. The captain and the other police can not go with Monk to follow up on an obscure lead, but says he will try to get some retired officers to meet him there. Of course, Monk is not wrong, and he does find Trudyís killer, but he is in full body armor and impervious to Monkís 9 mm pistol. Just as the killer is about to shoot Monk, there are two loud bangs, and the killer is tossed back across the room. The photographic shot then switches to a close up of two smoking .44 magnums (as in Die Hard), which the focus then moves back to the faces of Clint Eastwood and Michael Douglas (sorry Carl Malden was unable to make it). Mike says to Clint, ďGlad you talked me into carrying the magnumĒ. To which Clint replies, ďAlways bring a tool big enough to do the jobĒ (or some other such quotable Dirty Harry line), then he reaches down and says ďComíon Clyde, letís go homeĒ, and picks up the orangutan and walks out.

It would be better than Newhart (or at least as good).

#2 Monk_Manic

Monk_Manic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hasn't anyone else been thinking about the last episode? I was expecting Monk fans, more than average TV fan, to be thinking and to have ideas about the series will end. Or is this a sacred area that we dare not tred upon?

#3 SoEastPA

SoEastPA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hasn't anyone else been thinking about the last episode? I was expecting Monk fans, more than average TV fan, to be thinking and to have ideas about the series will end. Or is this a sacred area that we dare not tred upon?

Of course everyone wants the Monkster to finally solve Trudy's murder and bring the murderer to justice. So we will learn what role Adam Arkin's obese character played, or what he knows about the case. Some of the the best shows were those that touched on Monk's poignant memories of his beloved Trudy. The casual Monk viewer would not have "gotten it", but the true fans would be hard pressed to not get sentimental, or dare I say, even shed a tear at those scenes?!

I think it would be too far fetched however for him to get reinstated to the SFPD. What keeps him off the Force is in fact those idiocyncracies (sp?) that allow him to see what others can not see. If you take that away from him, he will no longer be Monk.

#4 Monk_Manic

Monk_Manic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

The casual Monk viewer would not have "gotten it", but the true fans would be hard pressed to not get sentimental, or dare I say, even shed a tear at those scenes?!
I think it would be too far fetched however for him to get reinstated to the SFPD.

Certainly, the episodes featuring his family, Trudy, his brother, his father, even his half brother, have been the best. The serial aspect of Monk is the main thing thatís been bringing me back. I donít want to miss the next insight into his life or clue to Trudyís killer. (Technically, Trudyís killer, the six-fingered bomber, has already been killed. So Iím actually referring to the person who hired him.)

I'm not sure what in my prediction, made you think Iím not for resolving Trudyís murder. Iím hopping he gets shot by Dirty Harry (a former SFPD member)! Iím mainly concerned about the last 30 seconds or so. As good as the last episode of Seinfeld was, bringing back the old characters and stories, the closing shot was pretty flat. Iím hoping Monkís writers get it better.

As far as Monk being reinstated, the promos have him using a public toilet, and carrying his uniform. So Iím not sure that they have closed that door.

#5 ILYOLIVIA

ILYOLIVIA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

Maybe you should look here:

http://forums.usanet...howtopic=436040

I hope that helps.

Posted Image

Nikita, Bones, NCIS, NCIS LA, Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles,
Fringe, Eureka, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Chuck, The Cape, Community,
Burn Notice, Psych, Leverage, Monk, The Mentalist, Firefly, The Office,
Warehouse 13, Criminal Minds, The Event, Stargate, Veronica Mars,
How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Covert Affairs

oh my!

#6 Monk_Manic

Monk_Manic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

Maybe you should look here:
http://forums.usanet...howtopic=436040
I hope that helps.

Thanks. Your topic didn't get many responses either, and they were more wish lists than predictions. As I said earlier, I was expecting more detailed responses from the fans of the most detailed oriented guy on TV. And overall, I'm hoping the writers can pull in all the great characters and story lines of the series, into a surprice, funny, outrageous ending. Don't you?

I noticed the word choice games get a lot of responses. So let's ask if Monk will be re-instated or find a new lady. So that would be...

Badge or Broad?

#7 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

I assume that the closing scenes of the final episode will not simply be anticlimatic in terms of the Trudy's murder and the issue of reinstatement, etc being answered but that the writers wanting to set the stage for the emergence of a new Monk will bring the series to a conclusion by going full circle and have Monk finally open Trudy's gift on the one hand, ending it perhaps with another Natalie kiss.

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 26 July 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#8 chloegirl

chloegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:23 AM

Certainly, the episodes featuring his family, Trudy, his brother, his father, even his half brother, have been the best. The serial aspect of Monk is the main thing thatís been bringing me back. I donít want to miss the next insight into his life or clue to Trudyís killer. (Technically, Trudyís killer, the six-fingered bomber, has already been killed. So Iím actually referring to the person who hired him.)

I'm not sure what in my prediction, made you think Iím not for resolving Trudyís murder. Iím hopping he gets shot by Dirty Harry (a former SFPD member)! Iím mainly concerned about the last 30 seconds or so. As good as the last episode of Seinfeld was, bringing back the old characters and stories, the closing shot was pretty flat. Iím hoping Monkís writers get it better.

As far as Monk being reinstated, the promos have him using a public toilet, and carrying his uniform. So Iím not sure that they have closed that door.

#9 chloegirl

chloegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

the last episode - trudy comes out of witness protection - they are together - happiness reins

#10 Miiiike

Miiiike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

The reason Monk hasn't been able to solve Turdy's case for so long, is because she's in WITSEC (witness protection) and he can't solve the case because he knows on some level she isn't dead. A spiritual level, obviously.

haha

#11 OtakuMayu

OtakuMayu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

I'd like to see him solve trudy's murder, and possibly get reinstated... but not much else... cause I want to leave it open for a future made for tv or straight to dvd movie (Like Stargate SG1 continues to do long after it was cancelled.

I also do not like the idea I've seen passed around that Monk's OCD is cured. It wasn't like Monk's OCD happened over night... he had it all his life, including when he was married to Trudy... it got worse when she died, but it wasn't like it came out of nowhere, so for him to be miraculously cured after solving her murder would be unrealistic. OCD doesn't work like that.

I also don't think Trudy should simply be in the witness protection program. If that happened, I seriously think the show would jump the shark on the last episode as they say. that would be a shame. It would ruin the show's credibility, at least IMO, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy watching the DVDs.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy the reruns, knowing how it all ends up so... gah! you know? I mean, if you like the whole witness protection angle... check out USA's show In plain sight. You can get your fill of the Witness protection program there.

I mean, 8 years and no one ever eluded to him that she was safe? to go from an idea never even hinted at to, Hello Trudy's home... that would be silly. It's too much like a work of fan fiction, not the professional script writing of Monk IMO.

so my opinion

solve trudy's murder, reinstatement or not, either way I'd be fine... leave it open for a possible Monk tv/dvd special ala Stargate SG1 who do about 1 a year or so since their cancellation.

wrap the series up with a pretty little bow in case they don't come back for a Monk special... but leave it open enough for them to be able to.

Edited by OtakuMayu, 26 July 2009 - 05:33 PM.

#12 wherami

wherami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oh I really like the witness protection program. That makes a lot more sense since Monk hasnt been able to solve it. Otherwise, how else would it have gotten by him this long.

#13 Andy115

Andy115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

solve trudy's murder, reinstatement or not, either way I'd be fine... leave it open for a possible Monk tv/dvd special ala Stargate SG1 who do about 1 a year or so since their cancellation.

wrap the series up with a pretty little bow in case they don't come back for a Monk special... but leave it open enough for them to be able to.[/b]

That was my thinking too: be like Stargate SG1 and have a Monk movie in 1-2 yrs and more if the demand for Monk is still high.

As far as the finale goes, I saw an interview with Jason Gray-Stanford where he said that the finale was the best written one that he's been a part of so that's very encouraging.

However, there are a couple of things I don't want to see:

1. Mitch is alive.
2. Trudy is alive.
3. Lt. Albright and Natalie together.
4. Gang splits up (e.g. Randy moves, Leland retires, Natalie and Monk part ways, etc.).

Indifferent:

1. Monk and Natalie together (I don't see it, but not totally against it).
2. Randy and Sharona together (as long as Randy doesn't leave I'm ok).

Would like to see:

1. Leland and Randy get promoted (e.g. Commissioner Stottlemyre and Capt. Disher has a nice ring to it).
2. Monk reinstated or still serving as a consultant.
3. Natalie remaining as Monk's assistant or be given a job with the SFPD if Monk is stays on the force
(secretary maybe?).
4. Randy and Natalie go out on a first date (Ideally it would be in the end when Randy gets promoted and finally
works up the nerve to ask Natalie out and she agrees. Leave the rest to the imagination or the movie)

Edited by Andy115, 31 October 2009 - 01:52 PM.

#14 Tweedlebug

Tweedlebug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

the last episode - trudy comes out of witness protection - they are together - happiness reins

Trudy died with Monk by her side. Her eyes were implanted in another woman. If she comes back now it would throw millions of fans over the edge and Obama would have to declare another national emergency ;)

#15 AnnieB

AnnieB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

But Trudy has no eyes, so how would that work?? B)

#16 KBRogers

KBRogers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

I saw somewhere online that Casper Van Dien (Lt. Albright of Mr. Monk is Underwater) is returning for the finale, but that could be bad information. I also saw that Virginia Madsen (T.K. Jensen of Happy Birthday, Mr. Monk) is returning for Mr. Monk is the Best Man and for the second half of the finale. So, I propose the following options for Albright:

1. Albright killed Trudy (don't know why/how).
2. Albright and Natalie get together (supported by some romantic evidence from "Underwater").

If Albright really does return, these are the only two possibilities I can see. I prefer option two.

As for Stottlemeyer, I say he marries T.K. Jensen in "Best Man." That one's sort of obvious.
As for Randy, I say his backstory is complete, after getting together with Sharona in "Mr. Monk and Sharona."
As for Monk, he sets re-instated in "Mr. Monk and the Badge." Again, pretty obvious. And of course, he'll solve his wife's murder.

Lets discuss the Trudy Murder Options:

1. It was Stottlemeyer. Not likely, due to his backstory wrapping up in "Best Man."
2. It was Randy. Not likely, due to his backstory wrapping up in "Sharona."
3. It was Natalie. Highly unlikely, for obvious reasons.
4. It was Sharona. Highly unlikely.
5. It was Kroger. Highly unlikely, since the writers wouldn't want to destroy Stanley Kamel's image, especially after his death.
6. It was Dr. Bell. Highly unlikely.
7. It was T. K. Jensen. Highly unlikely, since Stottlemeyer's previous girlfriend also was a murderer.
8. It was Albright. Possible. See above.
9. It was Kevin Dorfman. Highly unlikely, as he was murdered in season 7.
10. It was Harold Krenshaw. Highly unlikely, as his backstory was wrapped up in "Group Therapy."
11. It was Dale the Whale. Possible, since he seemingly already knows everything about the murder.
and my favorite...
12. It was Monk himself. He killed her, and it made him feel so bad that he completely blocked it from his memory and went catatonic for a couple years. Highly unlikely, but would make for a memorable ending. :o

Well, that's my predictions. Let me know what you think.
I'm not crazy... just a fan.

#17 AnnieB

AnnieB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

[quote name='KBRogers' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:06 AM' post='1225768']
I saw somewhere online that Casper Van Dien (Lt. Albright of Mr. Monk is Underwater) is returning for the finale, but that could be bad information. I also saw that Virginia Madsen (T.K. Jensen of Happy Birthday, Mr. Monk) is returning for Mr. Monk is the Best Man and for the second half of the finale. So, I propose the following options for Albright:

1. Albright killed Trudy (don't know why/how).

I keep thinking that maybe Albright is involved in either/or the Mitch mystery (did he die honorably or as a coward) and maybe even the Trudy case. In fact, I wonder if it is possible that Mitch's and Trudy's deaths are somehow related. Was Natalie's meeting up with Monk set up somehow? But that would bring us back to the Red Herring episode and how Natalie chose Monk to solve the moon rock case. I suppose if the moon rock case was a set up to get Nat to seek Monk's help......but how would that set up include her being hired by him???

I'm afraid I've offered more questions than potential answers about what may happen. Sorry about that. :huh:

#18 ProfessorAwesome

ProfessorAwesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Well, Monk has put together two apparently unconnected homicided together before so I wouldn't put it past them here.

Perhaps Trudy was investigating some type of corruption having to do with the military that somehow Lt. Albright was involved in, though Albrights involvement wouldn't have been much because he wouldn't be high up at all infact he's only a Lt. now, 12 years after Trudy died.

So, perhaps Albright found out what Trudy was doing, went to his superior officers who then orderd the hit on Trudy. Later somehow, Mitch found out and while he was in Kosovo was killed by "friendly fire" to keep him from talking. The Navy concocted a story about a downed fighter plain and Mitch running away like a coward.

Do I think it's going to happen like this, no I don't... but I wouldn't put it past them and actually, I don't think that the idea is half bad.

#19 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

Monk will overcome his gymnophobia....

#20 Tobias2343

Tobias2343

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:26 PM

I'm hoping that Albright's return doesn't mean that he hooks up with Natalie. (Or "hooks up" as Monk would say.) There are two big reasons I would oppose this:

A. He was only in one episode of the whole series, so to have him suddenly come back in the finale just so they can start a romance between him and Natalie seems horribly awkward.

B. Monk and Natalie belong together. Period.

My prediction is that Albright's return will help Natalie offer some closure on Mitch. He will again attempt to romance her, but by this time Monk will be solving Trudy's murder, and once they each have closure on the deaths of their spouses they're going to realize the feelings they clearly have for each other can now be safely and openly developed.

In terms of who killed Trudy, I have no idea. I don't even really want to guess, because there are so many possibilities...I can't wait, though to see how the writers wrap this up! No doubt it will be highly emotional! :)

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved