• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 EdWms

EdWms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

Did anyone else get an "copy prohibited program" error on their DVR regarding last night's episode? The instruction manual says that certain programming is copy prohibited and contains a "copy protection signal". Been recording this series every week since its premiere and have never had this problem before...

#2 shepherdads

shepherdads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

I also got a copy protection error on last night's show. My DVR recorded all the comercials, but skipped the show bits.
I hope they fix it, so I can check out the show later this week.

#3 bassetmom

bassetmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

Hi, all I am checking my dvr recording of Thursday's eposide, mine seems to be done fine, Just an FYI, if your cable provider is Comcast the show is in the On Demand section and you can watch it there, or i do see that the eposide is on this website.

#4 EdWms

EdWms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Well, I tried recording it today at 11am and got the same error. My DVR recorded 22 minutes of commercials and none of the show. Too bad, my wife and I really enjoyed it but we must be allowed to watch it on our schedule not the network's.

USA Admin,

Any advice would be appreciated. Otherwise, you've just lost two fans.

#5 smithsisters

smithsisters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

I love this show and I work evening shift, so I must DVR it. Imagine my disappointment when I only got the first 2 minutes. Luckily I caught it when they replayed it at 1 AM. But I tried to record it then and again at 11 AM this morning and got the copy right crap. Very frustrating and makes little sense. Please fix!!!!!

#6 bassetmom

bassetmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

you guys might want to check with your cable providers to see why your dvr's are not working on this... it isn't always the network sometimes it is the cable provider... :)

#7 EdWms

EdWms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Okay, supposing that bassetmom has a point...my cable provider is Mediacom. Could shepherdads and smithsisters reply with names of their providers? That could help us narrow down the source of the problem.

Before going through the agony of contacting my provider, yes I said agony, I thought that I would initiate this discussion. By doing so I hoped to (1) verify whether others were having the same problem, and (2) encourage USA Admin to weight in on the subject.

Thanks bassetmom for your advice.

#8 abcdefghijk

abcdefghijk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Okay, supposing that bassetmom has a point...my cable provider is Mediacom. Could shepherdads and smithsisters reply with names of their providers? That could help us narrow down the source of the problem.

Before going through the agony of contacting my provider, yes I said agony, I thought that I would initiate this discussion. By doing so I hoped to (1) verify whether others were having the same problem, and (2) encourage USA Admin to weight in on the subject.

Thanks bassetmom for your advice.

I have Dish network and have never had a problem. Why do you use cable?, anyone just about can get satellite, they say it's cheaper but don't know as I have never had cable live way out of town. When you get it they give you a lot of free stuff for several months.

#9 smithsisters

smithsisters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

I have Comcast Cable, never had this problem prior.

#10 gooie_choclatechip_cookie5

gooie_choclatechip_cookie5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

I have direct tv and it worked just fine

official smoothie runner of the
CMP^2
I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!!!

#11 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:49 AM

I have direct tv and it worked just fine

I have TiVo and DirecTV as well and there was no problem with the recording. So I'm guessing it's on the cable provider end, but that's something that USA network would probably want to make sure they handled. Ratings now take into account DVR numbers and I imagine they need to make sure a significant technical glitch like that isn't affecting the numbers.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#12 Catwoman313

Catwoman313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

I have AT&T U-verse and haven't had a problem recording any USA network shows on my DVR. Maybe it is the provider?

#13 USAviewer

USAviewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

I guess they don't want us to watch Royal Pains. It is the ONLY program that is blocked. I have Comcast cable and everything else records fine.

Thursday night I was recorded the hour just fine, then the error message started for Royal Pains
I got the same error on Monday night. One more try next week before I move on to another show on another network.

Irecord about 20 hours a week and have for years This is the only show I suddenly can not record.

I hope this is not a new trend. I pay plenty for cable to watch USA!

#14 bassetmom

bassetmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

I guess they don't want us to watch Royal Pains. It is the ONLY program that is blocked. I have Comcast cable and everything else records fine.

Thursday night I was recorded the hour just fine, then the error message started for Royal Pains
I got the same error on Monday night. One more try next week before I move on to another show on another network.

Irecord about 20 hours a week and have for years This is the only show I suddenly can not record.

I hope this is not a new trend. I pay plenty for cable to watch USA!

Okay if you Have COMCAST Cable you are able to view Royal Pains FREE of Charge in the Video on Demand Section under TV Entertainment, then USA Network, and they are in Friday Morning after Aired on Thursday.... So if your DVR is having a problem with this program you still have the option to watch it in the On Demand at your convience.

Hope this helps you, Because I have Comcast and mine works fine, and I also work for Comcast in Colorado and as far as our programing is going we are not blocking the signal to the dvr's. :)

Edited by bassetmom, 14 July 2009 - 09:54 AM.

#15 USAviewer

USAviewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

Okay if you Have COMCAST Cable you are able to view Royal Pains FREE of Charge in the Video on Demand Section under TV Entertainment, then USA Network, and they are in Friday Morning after Aired on Thursday.... So if your DVR is having a problem with this program you still have the option to watch it in the On Demand at your convience.

Hope this helps you, Because I have Comcast and mine works fine, and I also work for Comcast in Colorado and as far as our programing is going we are not blocking the signal to the dvr's. :)

I contacted Comcast, they told me they don't block the signal. I agree it is not Comcast's problem, but thought they should know it IS blocked.

I am still on analog cable and do not have a cable box. I do not have video on demand. If I am not home I can't watch this program.

#16 bassetmom

bassetmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

[quote name='USAviewer' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:39 AM' post='1154502']
I contacted Comcast, they told me they don't block the signal. I agree it is not Comcast's problem, but thought they should know it IS blocked.

I am still on analog cable and do not have a cable box. I do not have video on demand. If I am not home I can't watch this program.
[/quote

Okay are you trying to tape it on a VCR as or a DVD player?, becasue I know we have seen that some of the older VCR are putting that on some programs and it is random...

Also Have you consider about adding a Comcast Cable box to your TV, or is it a lot more in your area??

If I can of any other help please let me know. Have a good Day

#17 USAviewer

USAviewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

It's a DVR with a hard drive only about a year old. It actually used to pick up some digital channels pre the June cuover, not anymore. I don't really want a box, I haven't had one since I got a cable ready TV in the 1980's , I have no good place to put it near the TV and I don't need yet another remote. I am in Colorado too.

Thanks for your help!

#18 bassetmom

bassetmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

Just to let you know that the Comcast Remote will work the TV and the Cable box and you can get the Cable box with DVR, and I know currently we have a special going on in Colorado for Starter Cable (with the box), and then you also have the access to the Video on Demand. Just give the Customer Service Centera call to see what can be done your you.... If you would rather you can e-mail me at doloressuan@comcast.net, I can try and help you out with this.

Edited by bassetmom, 14 July 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#19 LevelHead

LevelHead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

OK, this is what I have verified with my cable provider (Time Warner) and DVD recorder manufacturer (JVC). The problem is not with your provider, but with the USA Network. The FCC allows them to flag programs to prevent copying to DVD, as a way to combat piracy. For those of us using basic cable (not digital, no cable box), who have no intention of stealing programming (i.e., view once and then record over with other programs), well, we are out of luck. VHS seems to be OK, and those of you using satellite providers and TIVO are not affected by this. (I am going to try the hard disk option on my Panasonic to see if that works). Also, although I have been using DVD-RW discs, the JVC rep suggested that it would be even better if they were CPRM compatible, but that is not a sure thing.
It is telling that USA hasn't bothered to reply to these messages, and is content to let loyal fans flounder around looking for solutions. My provider said they have gotten a lot of complaints, and are trying to get USA to change this practice, which so far affects only "Royal Pains."

#20 gooie_choclatechip_cookie5

gooie_choclatechip_cookie5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

I am in Colorado too.

Thanks for your help!

OMG, so am i!

official smoothie runner of the
CMP^2
I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved