• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aruba1121

Aruba1121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

I am so upset that USA is not bringing back The Starter Wife. This was a great show, it was funny and fresh and original which is what TV use to be and should be. I am so tired of cop shows and doctor shows; they are always so depressing and in our world today we need as much laughter as possible. What is with bringing back remakes of old tv shows like 90210; it was great and one of my favorites when it was created but leave it the past. Have we become a nation that is so short on talent that we need to film people living their lives or bring tv shows back from the dead. If I see another reality tv show I think I will unplug my TV for good. I believe I read that Debra Messing won an award for her part in the show or was nominated for an award; I can see why USA would want to cancel the show.....Brillant!!

If any USA rep reads these blogs please bring the show back, clearly it was well received as you can read from the other blogs. The Starter Wife should have been giving more time for people to view it. I feel that the entire cast of The Starter Wife was great and that they all worked really well together. I also enjoyed seeing how the hollywood set lives as I think that there was alot of truth to this show or at the very least is very close to how hollywood operates.

FX also had a great tv show called Dirt starring Courtney Cox which was short lived as well. I am seeing a trend that when someone writes a script that shows how hollywood operates it gets cancelled. Shocking!!!

On another note I understand that commercials pay the bills but enough is enough.

Mia

Edited by Aruba1121, 02 July 2009 - 01:12 AM.

#2 mannmannt

mannmannt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

Now I knew something was going on. I have been waiting for the show to come back on. I have not seen any promos for it or nothing. I finally googled it only to find out that it had been canceled. This is a shame. Take some of those damned law and dr shows. There are too many of them anyway. This show was funny and creative. The stories were good and it was just great. This is a shame. I do not think that it was given a chance. Please bring the show back on.

#3 cookezemom

cookezemom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

It's amazine that they can continually air new shows where the leading characters are men and cancel the ones which feature women!!!!

#4 Moonraker30

Moonraker30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

I am in total agreement with you, this was one of the BEST shows I have seen in a while, I looked forward to every episode, and even bought the dvds and then it still gets canceled, it is really discouraging that so many shows get axed while others seem to thrive no matter what happens (i.e. "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!). This show was fresh, funny and seeing Debra Messing in action was a real treat. They really should consider bringing it back.

#5 starter_wife_fan2

starter_wife_fan2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

:angry: I too am upset that USA has removed Starter Wife from their lineup. I really enjoyed that show, entertaining, refreshing and fun! Too bad those making the decisions don't solicit input from their audience thereby making more informed decisions.

#6 balihaiqueen

balihaiqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

I have been re-watching the first season of The Starter Wife, patiently waiting for season 2. Now I find out that it's cancelled, WTF??? Unfortunately I didn't stumble accross the show until the end of the first season. There are no other good shows on anymore, they all get taken off the air. The Starter Wife, was the one good show on regular TV. Thank God for Sunday nights on HBO or I would have no need for a television set anymore. If they don't keep any shows on the air fans want, how do they expect to keep viewers? We can only pray they have a change of heart and bring it back!!!
Sincerely,
Disappointed

#7 kcook

kcook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Until the Starter Wife series began airing, I was not a regular viewer of the USA Network. Now that it has been canceled, I won't be watching the network again. Just like Bravo did with Project Runway, USA blew it with a great show. Now the american viewing public is stuck with horrible reality tv shows and poorly written original series. Way to go.

#8 ALONZO

ALONZO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:46 PM

:angry: Are you kidding me!!!! I'd like to meet the idiot who cancelled the show! I will NEVER watch USA Network again. The Starter Wife was funny, smart and great show. The person who cancelled this show SHOULD be fired!!!!!! Cancel HIM or HER!!!!!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved