• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 cpahl2000

cpahl2000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

When I made my registration, I put an avatar but after a while I found another cooler my previous, I made the change but it continues show the previous but with some proportion problems, what do I do to apply the new and make the change? If anyone could help IŽll be glad. ;)

#2 krodgers

krodgers

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,859 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

Go to your control panel, copy an avator from photobucket, that's a good site to have. Then click on signature update on the contol panel, and copy what you wanted as your avator. I hope that makes sense! Also, welcome to the forum! Hope to read and discuss your posting's! :)

Edited by krodgers, 13 January 2009 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image Krod, LOCI Moderator

#3 butteredparsnips

butteredparsnips

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:31 AM

When I changed my Avatar the same thing happened. For a while I would even see the new Avatar on other computers but the same old distorted one on my own. Maybe I had to restart my computer? I don't know. After about a week the new one was in place.

#4 Anchoress

Anchoress

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Post and look for answers to board-related questions here. I asked the first question, relating to showing the correct time zone:

I recently went into my control panel and changed the time zone to mine (Pacific), with auto-correct for DST (daylight savings time). The time is not displaying correctly, however, it's an hour off, and it even shows an hour off in my control panel preview.

I guess I could just change my time zone to one west of me, but does anyone have a better solution?

Edited by Anchoress, 28 June 2009 - 09:44 PM.

Making sense of the world from my cubicle in the cellar.

#5 ciaddict

ciaddict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

I recently went into my control panel and changed the time zone to mine (Pacific), with auto-correct for DST (daylight savings time). The time is not displaying correctly, however, it's an hour off, and it even shows an hour off in my control panel preview.

I guess I could just change my time zone to one west of me, but does anyone have a better solution?

I'm afraid I can't help with this one. Maybe someone less technologically challenged will have an answer for you.
Posted Image

WELCOME HOME, BOBBY AND ALEX!!!

#6 LOCInumber1fan

LOCInumber1fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Try unchecking the box next to auto-correct for DST. You probably will have to change it back in the fall again...
L&O: Criminal Intent is my FAVORITE TV Show!
LOCInumber1fan: Deckhand (NoRomo)

QUOTE (Outerbankschick @ Jan 21 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Criminal Intent was more than "just a TV show" for me. It was the home of my heart. And that was because of Bobby Goren - and his actor Vincent D'Onofrio.

QUOTE (Jryan @ Feb 27 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True CI Fans support the whole show Not just half of the show! I am a True CI fan!

I support the WHOLE show Not just half of the show! I am a True CI fan, too!
I love LOCI, L&O, Monk, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Psych, The Good Wife...

#7 Anchoress

Anchoress

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

Try unchecking the box next to auto-correct for DST. You probably will have to change it back in the fall again...

Thanks! I tried it, and it worked!!

#8 ciaddict

ciaddict

• Moderators
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:14 PM

I'm going to merge this thread with the Off Topic thread, now that the problem has been solved.
Posted Image

#9 Anchoress

Anchoress

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'm going to merge this thread with the Off Topic thread, now that the problem has been solved.

I think that having one behemoth thread for everything from technical questions to Michael Jackson tributes and info about people's personal lives is unconstructive. Perhaps we could start a 'technical questions' thread?

#10 ciaddict

ciaddict

• Moderators
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

I think that having one behemoth thread for everything from technical questions to Michael Jackson tributes and info about people's personal lives is unconstructive. Perhaps we could start a 'technical questions' thread?

That's not a bad idea. Do you want to rename this one to make a general "technical questions" thread? Maybe I should pin it, too, so that it doesn't fall off the first page and get lost. I think I can pin threads. It's one of my "powers" I haven't tried yet. :lol:
Posted Image

#11 Jefflover

Jefflover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

:lol: Nice Ci.

#12 Anchoress

Anchoress

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

That's not a bad idea. Do you want to rename this one to make a general "technical questions" thread? Maybe I should pin it, too, so that it doesn't fall off the first page and get lost. I think I can pin threads. It's one of my "powers" I haven't tried yet. :lol:

I agree with both those ideas.

#13 LOCInumber1fan

LOCInumber1fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

Thanks! I tried it, and it worked!!

You're welcome, Anchoress. I'm glad it worked! :)

Wonderful idea!

Sounds good to me!

Edited by LOCInumber1fan, 28 June 2009 - 10:00 PM.

L&O: Criminal Intent is my FAVORITE TV Show!
LOCInumber1fan: Deckhand (NoRomo)

QUOTE (Outerbankschick @ Jan 21 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Criminal Intent was more than "just a TV show" for me. It was the home of my heart. And that was because of Bobby Goren - and his actor Vincent D'Onofrio.

QUOTE (Jryan @ Feb 27 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True CI Fans support the whole show Not just half of the show! I am a True CI fan!

I support the WHOLE show Not just half of the show! I am a True CI fan, too!
I love LOCI, L&O, Monk, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Psych, The Good Wife...

#14 ciaddict

ciaddict

• Moderators
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

I did it!
Posted Image

#15 moark

moark

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Is the question of 'Could a kind someone make me a cool siggy picture?' Relevant to this thread?

Thanks.

~moark~

Thank you LOCINUMBER1FAN for this picture!!!

Why do we fall Master Bruce?. . . So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
~ Alfred ~ Batman Begins

~~~~~~
"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

—Sam ~ Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

~~~~~~
Your Mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open

No one can stop us now
The world is rushing by
The wind is at our back
Everything's new tonight, we're going our own way
No matter what they say
The bridge is on fire, we're flying higher now

You and I will ride tonight
'Till the past is out of sight
We don't have to look back now
We are knocking down the wall, all for one and one for all
We can stand together
Never gonna look back now

~ For a dear friend. :)

Made these myself!!

Current Funds:
Visit RabekaJr. Fund: $10
New Laptop fund: $10

#16 binder15

binder15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

I'd like to know how I can get these great pictures most everyone has as their signatures. Can some one please help?

#17 Anchoress

Anchoress

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

I'd like to know how I can get these great pictures most everyone has as their signatures. Can some one please help?

At the top right of the screen there's a link called "My Controls". When in there, on the left sidebar, there's a menu choice about editing your personal signature. When in there, you can add many features including pictures, using the toolbar. Good luck - I have the signature view turned off, so I won't know if it worked for you, lol.

#18 lady_mephisto86

lady_mephisto86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

I noticed that some members who have been here longer then myself, they're profiles show their location/where in the world they live (it's up there along with post count, title, avatar, etc), whereas newer members don't. I was wondering if this is permanant?
Posted Image

#19 filigree2

filigree2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

I noticed that some members who have been here longer then myself, they're profiles show their location/where in the world they live (it's up there along with post count, title, avatar, etc), whereas newer members don't. I was wondering if this is permanant?

Actually, being a new member, when I signed up, they didn't ask for things like location, etc. But, if I go into the My Controls section, now, I think I can click on the "edit" section on the left-hand side of the screen and add in all that other stuff.

#20 filigree2

filigree2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Actually, being a new member, when I signed up, they didn't ask for things like location, etc. But, if I go into the My Controls section, now, I think I can click on the "edit" section on the left-hand side of the screen and add in all that other stuff.

Scratch that. I tried what I just said and I have no idea what to do. Sorry! Maybe someone else knows?

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved