LisaAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

Let's play "Spot the Bloopers!"

The main ones that stick out in my mind are:

COBRA:
The melted wax on his hand in the coffin and then the candle being unmelted in the next shot...

MANHATTAN: Shirt buttoned, then unbuttoned, then buttoned again when he's wandering the streets of Manhattan...

LITTLE MONK: The mysterious disappearing, reappearing locker photo of Patty Duke and of course, the infamous anachronistic $5.00 bill!!

Can you think of any others?

--

#2 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:39 PM

I don't know if this is a blooper or not, but in "Wedding," Stottlemeyer is pushing Disher in the wheelchair while Natalie and her mother are talking about "soldiering on." I guess Ted thought he was out of the shot 'cause he just kinda lets go of the wheelchair, letting Jason kinda slide toward a table. Then Ted looks around and pushes Jason and the chair out of the shot.

Then there's the "magic donut" scene in "Red-Headed Stranger" that always cracks me up!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 bringirl2001

bringirl2001

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:57 PM

What about in Mr and Mrs Monk-- when adrian is making the potatoe salad and he places it into this square container-- THEN when natalie goes over to him -- tastes it and tells him - that it is good potato salad- we see it is in a round bowl and the square bowl has disappeared--- I don't know if you call it a blooper but it was surely weird in filming

#4 MrMonkMan

MrMonkMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

LisaAnne,
A couple of continuity errors:

In "Mr. Monk Meets The Godfather," Adrian is looking over his options regarding where the FBI agent would plant the wire on him. He's reading from a white piece of paper which has two holes punched out on the top. In the brief shot in which he tells Sharona, "Even if I die, don't let them do number four," the paper has no holes in it. Then, the next time the paper is seen, the holes are back!

Then there's the mysteriously vanishing ketchup on Adrian's shirt, while he's in the burger joint in "Mr. Monk Takes His Medicine."

Later,
Art

"Now that you've made me want to die,
You tell me that you're unboyfriendable;
And I could make you pay in pain,
But I could never make you stay." -- Stephin Merritt {"All My Little Words"/The Magnetic Fields]

#5 LisaAnne

LisaAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:54 PM

The disappearing/reappearing ketchup stain from MEDICINE! That's the one I was trying to think of!!

---

#6 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:39 AM

I've seen Medicine so many times and I never noticed the ketchup disappearing!

#7 fan4sure

fan4sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:10 PM

I watched Asylum yesterday and it was stated that Monk is allergic to tomatoes . . . so how can he eat ketchup/catsup!?
"He's completely obsessed...and not in a good way, like me."

#8 LisaAnne

LisaAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

I just remembered one from:

VERY OLD MAN:
Monk is vacumming under the coffe table and sometimes there is a throw rug under the table and sometimes it's not there!

---

#9 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:00 PM

Quote:

I watched Asylum yesterday and it was stated that Monk is allergic to tomatoes . . . so how can he eat ketchup/catsup!?

Maybe that's why it was on his shirt and not on his burger!

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#10 Cyn

Cyn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:53 PM

^^^^OOH OOH, I can answer that one! I'm allergic to tomatoes, but I can eat catsup and tomato sauce in foods, like spaghetti or chili. The reason is, when the tomatoes are processed or cooked, the acids that cause the allergic reaction are altered, so they don't cause the reaction anymore. So, I'm allergic to fresh or raw or lightly cooked tomatoes, but not fully cooked or processed ones!

Just like Monk!

~Cyn

#11 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

I propose a question here hoping someone can answer me.....

In Mr. Monk and Little Monk didn't mother Monk say the sandwich was cut up into 10 pieces, just the way we like them?

If this was true----how in the heck do you cut a square into l0 even pieces? Another try by the writers to catch us asleep at the TV?

I tried it and I couldn't do it, I could get, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9 and 12, but try as I might I couldn't get 10 even pieces!!!!!

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#12 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:15 PM

Cut the sandwich into 5 strips and then in half. Or cut it in half and cut each half into 5 pieces. They're rectangles, but they're all the same size.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#13 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:22 PM

Boy, do I feel stupid or what ! That was just too logical for me. Thank you for giving me the pieces I was missing

This Monk Fan ain't no Monk !!!

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#14 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:06 PM

My hubby says that "Monk" needed a bowling consultant for the bowling scenes in the "Office" episode:
  • Chilton (is that an intertextual reference to Dr. Chilton in "Silence of the Lambs"?) would not have used the black house ball on his first ball since he had his own ball. It's a minor point, but no serious bowler would use a plastic house ball on his first ball of a frame.
  • From the spot where he released it, Chilton's first ball would not have hit the pins where it did, resulting in a strike.
  • It's virtually impossible to bowl a 294.
  • A serious bowler would would never have let Adrian take his or her ball out of the rack and roll it away on the approach.
~~ and the two minutes it took Adrian to choose that ball was agonizing! Worse than the pencil sharpening in "Missing Granny" and the jackhammer in "Manhattan" combined! Of course, I'm a former league bowler who's married to a league bowler~~

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#15 Neat_Freak

Neat_Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:36 AM

My favorite one is in TV Star when Monk and Sharona are in the victims' house investigating and you can see the sound guys' reflections in the tv.

#16 Ayla

Ayla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:48 AM

I have actually contributed to the Monk goofs section of imdb, specifically referencing the balled-up paper in Carnival, the water ripples in Gets Fired, the Medicine Mustang door, and the Manhattan "dead" ambassador... I still have the receipt emails, if you don't believe me, but I just thought I'd add my two cents.

#17 LisaAnne

LisaAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

Those are so cool! I hadn't seen that site before! I hope it's OK if I post some of them here...Now I'm gonna have to go back and watch all those episodes to Spot the Bloopers!

Errors on MONK (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers):

GETS MARRIED:

Adrian Monk says West Virginia became a state after the Civil War. West Virginia actually became a state in 1863, during the Civil War.

PANIC ROOM:
The chimpanzee is wrecking Monk's apartment. A picture is seen slanting to the left, but an umbrella is hanging from the right side.

ALSO - in PANIC ROOM the Panic room door is made to look like it is made out of steel. But when a hole is cut into the door, and the inside of the door is visible, you can see that the door is made out of wood.

RED HEADED STRANGER:
While Willie Nelson is rehearsing his pigtails keep shifting from inside his shirt (close to his neck) to out near his shoulders.

ALSO - in RED HEADED STRANGER, the streaker is carefully made to look naked but during his run through the park, there is a clear and obvious shot showing that he is wearing black underwear.

PAPERBOY:
Vicki says that she and Kevin got blood tests in order to get married, but California does not require blood tests for a marriage license.

CAPTAIN"S WIFE:
As Ted Levine and Glenne Headly are fighting in the pre-credits sequence there is a shot where a crew member is visible in the car's side window in the left of the frame.

ALSO - in CAPTAIN"S WIFE,when Ted Levine and Glenne Headly are fighting, she attaches a clip to the right side of his shirt, but a few seconds later, there is none on his right side; they are all on his left side. Then it reappears, then disappears again.

CARNIVAL:
When Monk is in front of the review board, a member throws away a crumpled ball of paper, but it misses the waste basket. In subsequent shots the ball can be seen close to the waste basket, then several feet away, then close to the basket again.

ALSO - in CARNIVAL, Sharona holds up her cell phone so Monk can explain to Stottlemeyer how the murder was committed, but the screen on the phone is blank. It's not turned on.

GETS FIRED:
A splash is heard and a woman is seen swimming underwater in a pool. However, there are no circular ripples spreading out over the surface of the water indicating the recent disturbance of her entering the water.

VERY OLD MAN:
While Capt. Stottlemeyer is putting one of the large snakes back in the glass container, he turns and the base of his wireless microphone is visible when his jacket gets bunched up.

MEDICINE:
When Monk is threatening the suspect with the water pistol, the passenger-side door of the Mustang is open. After the cops show up, the door is seen closed, then open again in subsequent shots.

MANHATTAN:
When the ambassador is lying dead in the elevator, he is obviously breathing - his chest can be seen rising and falling in several shots.

MR. MONK & THE KID:
A human finger is found by the little boy. When the policeman checks it out, a black rod can be clearly seen at the base of the finger.

MR. MONK & MRS. MONK:
Natalie sits at a coffee shop counter holding a picture of Trudy. When "Trudy" enters, the position in which Natalie attempts to hide it switches between upside down on the counter and hugged to her chest.

STUCK IN TRAFFIC:
At the time of the murder, the killer clips the victim's cell phone onto his own belt, hooking in front of his own cell phone. Later, when the scene is replayed in flashback close-up, he clips the victim's cell phone behind his own.

PLOT HOLES: Throughout the entire show, Monk says he is afraid of milk (see "Mr. Monk and the Candidate"). However, in "Mr. Monk Goes to the Circus", he asks for milk and cream in his cocoa.

---

#18 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:05 PM

At the moment I can only think of one blooper that hasn't been listed, though I'm pretty sure there are others.

In Very Very Old Man, Darren Leveroni's headstone said 1980-1997, and Stottlemeyer said he was seventeen years old. Then he read the letter at the end and it said, 'On December 2, 1998, I killed Darren Leverone with my car...'

Oh, and that VW Beetle in Traffic wouldn't have had air conditioning.

Uh, okay, here's another- in The Candidate, there is a newspaper headline that says Trudy was 35 years old, but Adrian says on more than one occasion that she was 34. Also, her headstone says that she was born in 1962, and died in 1997. Rather than trying to explain all of the hows and whys I think she pretty much had to be 35, I'll just refer you to
my Monk Timeline page and hope I managed to explain it clearly there.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#19 Outside_the_Box

Outside_the_Box

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:31 AM

Quote:

PLOT HOLES: Throughout the entire show, Monk says he is afraid of milk (see "Mr. Monk and the Candidate"). However, in "Mr. Monk Goes to the Circus", he asks for milk and cream in his cocoa.

That's not correct. Monk does NOT ask for milk and cream in his cocoa. He asks for 8 marshmallows. Only 8. Make it 8. He does squirt some whipped cream onto a spoon for the cocoa he's making for Sharona. So his phobia of milk doesn't extend to whipped cream from a can. I guess he's never gotten to the bottom of a can of whipped cream--that stuff can go everywhere!!
---------------
Is it a coincidence that metacomet's (Marion Brockmann) "friends" Denise Wey (Nisi) and Marla Manriquez (a co-moderator at "Marion's" FB fan page for Tony S.) have both made appearances at Tami Hoshiyama's Fan page for Ted Levine?

Coincidence? I think NOT!

metacomet (Marion Brockmann): Please go find another place to play. Leave Tami and her page alone! If you think she's such a hateful bitch, why do you and your friends keep poking her?

Just my 2¢

OtB

#20 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:08 PM

Quote:

Uh, okay, here's another- in The Candidate, there is a newspaper headline that says Trudy was 35 years old, but Adrian says on more than one occasion that she was 34. Also, her headstone says that she was born in 1962, and died in 1997.

I was born in 1957, so was I four or five when Trudy was born?

Continuity error: Cabin Fever ~~ Natalie getting the Sierra Springs from the cooler while Adrian's straightening up the fishing poles. If you track on Natalie, she's blinking in and out all over the place depending on the angle you're looking at Adrian. It's kind of maddening.

Set decoration error (I think): "Little Monk ~~ Stottlemeyer and Adrian talking near the elevators. When the elevator door opens, there's a sign on the inside that reads: "No Trespassing on this floor." That seems to be a rather strange sign to hang on the inside of the elevator car.

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved