#1 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

Tonight at 8pm Central I believe.

Edited to add-DUH! Now I see the pinned article by Admin.! LOL

Edited by purplerain0405, 19 June 2009 - 05:20 PM.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:
Broadway in New York 3-25-10
P.A.C in Tulsa, Okla. 11-26-10

#2 mickey934

mickey934

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Tonight at 8pm Central I believe.

Edited to add-DUH! Now I see the pinned article by Admin.! LOL

I'm sure you've watched it but did you like it?

#3 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

Yes, and I will give it a big chance when it airs in the fall.
StewH

"You know spies...a bunch of bitchy little girls!"

#4 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

I was actually impressed when it orginally aired. I set myself up to think I wasn't, because nothing is ever as good as the original, but I really did. I'm interested to see what goes down with Callen.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:

#5 mickey934

mickey934

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

I was actually impressed when it orginally aired. I set myself up to think I wasn't, because nothing is ever as good as the original, but I really did. I'm interested to see what goes down with Callen.

I was impressed to but I still like O'l gibbs and the team. I will give it a chance though. I'm sure I will like it even more

#6 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

I was impressed to but I still like O'l gibbs and the team. I will give it a chance though. I'm sure I will like it even more

The current team and show aren't going anywhere. NCIS:LA is a NEW show that will be airing this fall right after the regular NCIS.

Vince. CDupe.com

#7 Travelinmann09

Travelinmann09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

CBS is doing what they did with CSI and CSI Miami and CSI NY. Opening episodes containing established characters from other shows to vett them and give a "seal of approval" trying to draw old and new fans to thier new shows.

I saw the NCIS LA and I thought it was pretty good. I just hope they dont go much beyond in the spinoffs. NCIS Hoboken just wouldn't go IMHO... :lol:

#8 PhoneCardLady

PhoneCardLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:09 AM

CBS is doing what they did with CSI and CSI Miami and CSI NY. Opening episodes containing established characters from other shows to vett them and give a "seal of approval" trying to draw old and new fans to their new shows.

I saw the NCIS LA and I thought it was pretty good. I just hope they don't go much beyond in the spin offs. NCIS Hoboken just wouldn't go IMHO... :lol:

From what I gather, NCIS:Los Angeles will focus more on surveillance than crime solving, which I hope will make it something I want to watch/

#9 Travelinmann09

Travelinmann09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

From what I gather, NCIS:Los Angeles will focus more on surveillance than crime solving, which I hope will make it something I want to watch/

That wont be any fun.

ep1:
"hey lets watch a crime happen"
"wow go call the good guys but dont do anything"
"yep the bad guys got caught and we watched it"

ep2:

ep3:

I can see problems with that format. IMHO the show just wouldn't be interesting w/o the characters getting shot at.

Surveillance is not action. No action = FAIL

#10 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

They are a special ops team. They do more undercover work. If you missed the first epis that aired with the regular NCIS epi, you missed some good epis.

One of their team members (the LA team) did get shot. So when the season starts back up I'm sure it will focus on who shot him and hunting them down.

-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:

#11 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

They are a special ops team. They do more undercover work. If you missed the first epis that aired with the regular NCIS epi, you missed some good epis.

One of their team members (the LA team) did get shot. So when the season starts back up I'm sure it will focus on who shot him and hunting them down.

and I'm sure it won't be boring. The writers the Bellisario/McGill team. Our NCIS has had different writers the last couple of episodes (exlcuding the spinoff episodes) which is probably why some of us have noted the change in Ziva's character.

Vince. CDupe.com

#12 KellyK

KellyK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

I missed it. Does anyone know if you can watch it online anywhere?

#13 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

I missed it. Does anyone know if you can watch it online anywhere?

USA *may* show it again, CBS probably will before the new season starts.

Vince. CDupe.com

#14 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

SurfTheChannel has all NCIS episodes, as well as other shows. Go here: http://www.surfthechannel.com/

Select Channels tab (near the top), then "television", then the letter "N", then "NCIS". All seasons are there. Under Season 6, look for Legend Part 1 and Legend Part 2. Those are the "pilot" episodes for NCIS: LA.
StewH

#15 KellyK

KellyK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

Thank you all so much!

#16 KellyK

KellyK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

SurfTheChannel has all NCIS episodes, as well as other shows. Go here: http://www.surfthechannel.com/

Select Channels tab (near the top), then "television", then the letter "N", then "NCIS". All seasons are there. Under Season 6, look for Legend Part 1 and Legend Part 2. Those are the "pilot" episodes for NCIS: LA.

I did go to the site last night and I found them all just like you said along with a bunch of other shows I like and don't see elsewhere! It is a great index! But I'm still a BIG scaredy cat since I don't know where the videos are actually hosted or if it is virus-free or checked for harmful applications or spyware or whatever. :(

Anyone got a "Fear of the unknown virus" pill or something?

#17 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

I did go to the site last night and I found them all just like you said along with a bunch of other shows I like and don't see elsewhere! It is a great index! But I'm still a BIG scaredy cat since I don't know where the videos are actually hosted or if it is virus-free or checked for harmful applications or spyware or whatever. :(

Anyone got a "Fear of the unknown virus" pill or something?

I watched most of S6 episodes on surfthechannel before I was able to record them, and no bells or whistles went off, malware, viruses, or whatever. But to be safe you should have your antivirus and antispyware software running just the same.
StewH

#18 IrishWatchdog

IrishWatchdog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm really hoping NCIS: LA can become an alternative to my Law and Order addictions. The two crossover episodes were amazingly awesome and I hope it continues, particularly since I feel like NCIS is reaching its natural plateau with its characters. Don't get me wrong, I love Gibbs' Gang, but the show seems a little forced.

Maybe it's just the constant reruns I'm watching...
IrishWatchdog

Happily Addicted to Crime Shows!
Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, NCIS, Bones, CSI:NY...

MCS: Music Crimes Squad
Detective Megan Wheeler, making NYC safe fore sex, drugs, and rock n' roll!

On occasion, Zach Nichols is my Snuggie. Tall, dark, handsome, and fuzzy!

I fought the law, and the law won-- The Clash

I support the WHOLE show Not just half of the show! I am a True CI fan, too!

#19 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

I'm really hoping NCIS: LA can become an alternative to my Law and Order addictions. The two crossover episodes were amazingly awesome and I hope it continues, particularly since I feel like NCIS is reaching its natural plateau with its characters. Don't get me wrong, I love Gibbs' Gang, but the show seems a little forced.

Maybe it's just the constant reruns I'm watching...

It could be the reruns, but also the last few episodes this season (6, not yet on USA) weren't written by the team that has been writing since the beginning. That team (Bellisario/McGill) is now writing for the new NCIS:LA. The team writing for NCIS has hinted that Ziva will return but will be different.

Vince. CDupe.com

#20 IrishWatchdog

IrishWatchdog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

It could be the reruns, but also the last few episodes this season (6, not yet on USA) weren't written by the team that has been writing since the beginning. That team (Bellisario/McGill) is now writing for the new NCIS:LA. The team writing for NCIS has hinted that Ziva will return but will be different.

USA is just constantly airing episodes that I'm kind of sick of NCIS... no offense to the show. Give me some new blood and a new city!
IrishWatchdog

Happily Addicted to Crime Shows!
Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, NCIS, Bones, CSI:NY...

MCS: Music Crimes Squad
Detective Megan Wheeler, making NYC safe fore sex, drugs, and rock n' roll!

On occasion, Zach Nichols is my Snuggie. Tall, dark, handsome, and fuzzy!

I fought the law, and the law won-- The Clash

I support the WHOLE show Not just half of the show! I am a True CI fan, too!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved