16 replies to this topic

#1 Susanam

Susanam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

http://community.myl...ck-starter-wife

PLEASE HELP ME by voting on LIFETIME for them to pick up this show!
They are thinking about it, win them over now and get back our show!

#2 bjw

bjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

BRING BACK THE STARTER WIFE!!!!! There are very few shows i faithfully watch,,,The Starter Wife was one of them,,,,,Booo Hooo, I miss the show,,I was waiting to see what happened to Joan! I never watched USA before The Starter Wife,,,I don't watch it now, either : (

#3 LadyinLubbock

LadyinLubbock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:52 PM

Who are the idiots making the programming decisions this fall..??? I'm really disappointed with the offerings on the networks and on USA..!!!

The only bright spots are Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, The Good Wife, Ghost Whisperer, Brothers & Sisters, Army Wives, the Law & Order and NCIS series, and (thank goodness, CBS showed the good sense to pick this one up) Medium.

What happened to intelligently funny dramadies like The Starter Wife and Lipstick Jungle. You folks make terrific shows and then replace them with junk..!!! No wonder there is room for Jay Leno EVERY NIGHT..!!!

The programing this fall is the most effective method for ending American obesity, since we won't be watching much TV and spending "couch potato" time..!!!

#4 TRICHAJ

TRICHAJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

save the starter wife please!! its such an awesome show and think the fan base will grow. there are so many other bad shows out this season and really bummed this show is on the canceled list. please bring it back!!

#5 sashagrey

sashagrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

voted

I love this show
this is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine

#6 lskk2003

lskk2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

I watched the Starter Wife season 1 & 2, and was wondering why it hasn't been brought back. I faithfully watched every episode and even bought season 1 on dvd. This is a great show and I wish that they would bring it back.

Edited by lskk2003, 09 October 2009 - 12:38 PM.

#7 Stephanie66

Stephanie66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

PLEASE save The Starter Wife! I can not find the place to vote to save it, I have looked all over the net! This show is fantastic! I looked so forward to the fall season so I could find out what was going on now with the characters. How upseting it is to see that you do not have it in the line up. What happened to good quality television. TV is becoming a bad joke with terrible shows so I do not understand WHY you would remove one that is GREAT "The Starter Wife". What the heck is happening to TV???

#8 LBoll47

LBoll47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

I can't tell you how disapointed I am to hear that Starter Wife has been cancelled.  What's next - Royal Pains?  What is wrong with USA that they don't see a hit when they have one.  I think they did a terrible job promoting/marketing the show as I almost didn't watch it.  It was a fluke that I tuned in one night and was hugely surprised at what I got versus what I thought the show was going to be like given the way it had been promoted.  The show was so well-acted, charming and pitch perfect.  I would race home from work regardless of the project just to see it the moment a new episode came on - it was a really wonderful escape from the day.  I hope that Lifetime or some other network does better with this show - it's not every day that such a great show comes along and it would be a shame to lose it.  I think I am in a pretty desirable demographic as well for the network (40 something professional family with $$) and this show was a huge hit will all my friends.  I really think if they promoted it correctly to the right audience it would grab the desparate housewives/grey's anatomy/private practice demo.

#9 Ladeekim123

Ladeekim123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

I cant believe USA! I LOVED The Starter Wife and all my friends were watching with me. I didnt know the ratings were so low on the show because it was so good! I mean, no offense but White Collar? That show where the rich people have their own doctor? Starter Wife was funny, dramatic, Debra Messing was soooo good in it, (she totally seperated herself from being "Grace") and I was hanging by a thread wondering what was going to happen to Joan and the rest of the cast?????!?!?!?!?!? SHAME ON USA for taking off such a great show and putting on some shows that are mediocre at best

#10 Sweetie918

Sweetie918

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

<_<I just logged-in because I have been waiting, and waiting for the return of The Starter Wife, only to read that is was cancelled? I too am so disappointed. It was well written and a bit whimsical, which I found refreshing. Not the same old blood and guts, and I couldn't wait for the next episode. It was such a great series with Debra Messing. It left me wanting more. I also want to know what happened to Joan. And I just couldn't figure out why I hadn't seen promos for the new season because it had been so long. I have never written to a network but to get this show back, it's worth a shot. This show was a real winner and I will vote on Lifetime picking it up, I just want to see more new episodes. Also, I would love to have the DVD's of the first two seasons, because I had no idea it would be cancelled and I would miss my chance to get them. I agree with these comments and want to add my plllleeease bring it back. I just can't believe, I refuse to believe that "The Starter Wife" won't get another chance. I think the viewers are ready and waiting for this delightful shows return ........

I can't tell you how disapointed I am to hear that Starter Wife has been cancelled. What's next - Royal Pains? What is wrong with USA that they don't see a hit when they have one. I think they did a terrible job promoting/marketing the show as I almost didn't watch it. It was a fluke that I tuned in one night and was hugely surprised at what I got versus what I thought the show was going to be like given the way it had been promoted. The show was so well-acted, charming and pitch perfect. I would race home from work regardless of the project just to see it the moment a new episode came on - it was a really wonderful escape from the day. I hope that Lifetime or some other network does better with this show - it's not every day that such a great show comes along and it would be a shame to lose it. I think I am in a pretty desirable demographic as well for the network (40 something professional family with $$) and this show was a huge hit will all my friends. I really think if they promoted it correctly to the right audience it would grab the desparate housewives/grey's anatomy/private practice demo.

#11 deebopalula

deebopalula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

http://community.myl...ck-starter-wife

I just came on the website so I could find out when the new season of STARTER WIFE was coming back only to find it was cancelled? WHY?? It was a great show with a great cast and great story! I am very disappointed. I tried to vote, but the page was not found. maybe I'm too late.

PLEASE HELP ME by voting on LIFETIME for them to pick up this show!
They are thinking about it, win them over now and get back our show!

#12 heather2009

heather2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

Please don't kill interesting television.
This was new and funny in ways that most shows are seriously lacking these days.
The networks are being shorted again, please bring back the starter wife.

#13 whisper2010

whisper2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:35 AM

Please keep Starter Wife!! Why are all of the good shows cancelled? Do we not have enough reality tv? Ignorant mind numbing intelligence insulting "comical" sitcoms?! ENOUGH!!! Keep the good shows like Starter Wife!! PLEASE. I do not have time to post messages, (this is how strongly I feel) I DVR my shows so when I come back from exhausting travels I can veg for a day and enjoy many missed episodes of my fav shows. I recently heard that shows that are DVR'd do not count towards "RATING COUNTS"..... This is Crazy!! People are not always around to enjoy their shows at the time that they are aired, what percentage of home viewers now have Tivos os DVRs? Pay attention to the posts.. PEOPLE CARE!!! STOP CANCELLING GOOD SHOWS. Thanks

#14 BRING_BACK_STARTER_WIFE

BRING_BACK_STARTER_WIFE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

I have been wondering what happened to The Starter Wife!!! I just made this profile just the say, BRING BACK THE STARTER WIFE!!! I loved this show so much and watched it religiously! I even wanna buy the seasons on DVD!!! Please please please bring it back!!!!

#15 Alicece555

Alicece555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

here is to show goods?
i hope not to cancel goods picture too.
wto-sell.com

#16 revmsue

revmsue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:12 AM

Please keep Starter Wife!! Why are all of the good shows cancelled? Do we not have enough reality tv? Ignorant mind numbing intelligence insulting "comical" sitcoms?! ENOUGH!!! Keep the good shows like Starter Wife!! PLEASE. I do not have time to post messages, (this is how strongly I feel) I DVR my shows so when I come back from exhausting travels I can veg for a day and enjoy many missed episodes of my fav shows. I recently heard that shows that are DVR'd do not count towards "RATING COUNTS"..... This is Crazy!! People are not always around to enjoy their shows at the time that they are aired, what percentage of home viewers now have Tivos os DVRs? Pay attention to the posts.. PEOPLE CARE!!! STOP CANCELLING GOOD SHOWS. Thanks

I agree completely! I was out of touch with a TV for practically the entire last season of this delightful show and was hoping to see the reruns...but there are none! We need it back!

#17 Pmoe71

Pmoe71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

The Starter Wife was my favorite! Smart, funny and entertaining.. I can't imagine who decided to cut this show but they should be fired! I was so disappointed when it just "went away"... I'm so tired of reality television. Stop pushing idiots down our throats and bring back the good stuff!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved