27 replies to this topic

#1 Shandra

Shandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:21 AM

Dear USA,

I can't believe you are cancelling Starter Wife. I, like a lot of other people, was looking forward to the new season of this show. Your new season line up is not all that great. You are bombarding us with all of these commercials on Royal Pain which doesn't look interesting at all. There are already a lot of doctor shows on television.

As a side note, this is the final season for Monk which I also think is a BAD move and now you've gone and cancelled Starter Wife. After the final season of Monk airs I will no longer be watching your station.

Shandra

#2 Laurie13

Laurie13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

What!? They are canceling the Starter Wife? I was really looking forward to the new season. I wanted to see what happens to Joan, not to mention all the other characters. This show is funny and serious and the characters are great. They had added a hint of mystery just to leave us hanging. I really dont think the TV stations give new shows enough time to catch on. Please dont let this show die. It has too much potential.

Edited by Laurie13, 25 May 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#3 Susanam

Susanam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:10 AM

http://community.myl...ck-starter-wife

PLEASE HELP ME by voting on LIFETIME for them to pick up this show!

#4 sandyj

sandyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

:angry: Here we go again I should have known every time I like a show it is canceled. I was really looking forward to the new season. Thanks for taking another good show away. I was just telling my family how I really like watching USA Network for some of the original series but now I guess I'll find another network to watch you really have hurt my viewing enjoyment.

#5 janet_1

janet_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

I agree that USA should reconsider its decision to cancel The Starter Wife. It was fun, witty and intelligent and it's a great shame you're going to cancel it. Is there any chance you could change your minds?

JaneT_1

#6 Melicea

Melicea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

I don't understand why you would cancel a show like this. A lot of women can relate to this show. Especially in todays society when 50% of people divorce. It gives people hope and everyone likes to live vicariously through a fictional character. i.e. How many men wish they were James Bond...

Also I have watched Burn Notice religiously since the first season. However, this one has kind of hit a dead end. Why couldn't they have cancelled this one? Seriously do we need to see Fiona talk about blowing one more thing up. It was cool about the first 40 times we heard it. Now it is just old.

Royal Pains started out really good. But I think it's first episode was the peak. Every episode after is just like a morning soap opera. A lot of show but really only a span of their "6 hours" go by so they can drag it on forever. By the way...what is up with all the commericals? Thank god for DVR. However, when I get carpel tunnel when I am 40 I know who to sue. Thats right...it's you USA. You and your plethera of commericals. Which in turn makes me use my thumb to hit fast forward...then wait...oops...too far...now rewing...oops! And you all KNOW what I am talking about.

Anyway, my point is. Don't cancel start wife. It was original. It was fresh and not one more CSI re-make.

Such a sad day.

#7 houseofbyrds

houseofbyrds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

I would Like to say that yes, I am not happy about the Cancelation. I really liked watching the Starter Wife. I however will not cuss out the network. They have a job to do. The job is to do their best to get more viewers. All though I do know a lot of people who liked the show, there is no way to know whether or not that is all over the country. What I do know is it isn't fair to be like a 2 year old who didn't get to watch mickey mouse....
And as for the preivious coment about the commercials; There is no liability on the your choice to fastfowered and rewind. The network has to make money. How do you think they get paid? Through the commercials.
I like the new show Royal Pains. At least right now. I am not going to throw a fit because I didn't get to watch a show I liked If I stoped watchin networks for every show that I like gets canceled I would not have any more networks to watch...
Thank you

#8 lauriapell

lauriapell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

I AM VERY UNHAPPY THAT YOU ARE CANCELING STARTER WIFE I REALY ENJOY THAT SHOW.  DEBRA MESSING AND ALL OF THE OTHER  ACTRESSES AND ACTORS ARE WONDERFUL ON THE SHOW.  I REALLY WISH USA WOULD RECONSIDER.

#9 marymary

marymary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:36 AM

Sad is not the word! I love Debra and all the actors on this show. It is just like your favorite lipstick. You find the one you love, looks great on you and the next thing you know the have "new and improved it." People just can't leave well enough along. I have news for USA Network, you have a GREAT show so leave it on and stop trying to "new and improve" your line up. I am just the other side of 50, female, professional, upper income, blah, blah, blah, and I love this show. I am THE new demographics. Are you listening? I am the same one who also really likes Burn Notice and I am warming to Royal Pain though it is not in the same league. Hopefully you will either be struck by lightening or have an epiphany without injury and in time for the fall line up.

#10 JustAThought

JustAThought

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

DON'T train your viewers to NOT care about your characters!
DO train your viewers to trust you!

Closure, folks. Just do one more episode to tie up the story lines' loose ends.

#11 brat021502

brat021502

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

i can't believe it!! its so full of crap cancelling the show, wth! this burn notice then that royal pains looks stupid as heck and honetly now a days they put more dumb shows on like reality shows and taking off the good ones all needs to end sooon and please NO MORE DOCTOR SHOWS! only doctor show i care to watch is greys.

#12 Katmouse

Katmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

Well I would like to say that I am shocked that USA Network has cancelled "The Starter Wife", but it's just par for the course I guess. Every time there is a new, fresh, well-acted, well written, very enjoyable to watch show on TV, the Powers That Be cancel it. I will never understand why networks (and other industries) are so concerned with the 18-34 demographic, when it is those of us who are older (I'm 45) are the ones that spend the money the advertisers so desperately want!!!

This is just an idiotic move on USA's part. The Starter Wife is an EXCELLENT show. It is different, it's not another Law & Order or CSI wanna-be. It's fresh, it's funny, it's serious, it is very well written and superbly acted. Burn Notice was pretty good when he was trying to find out who burned him, now that he knows the show has lost it's way. Another huge mistake - he shouldn't have found out who burned him until a few more seasons in. Royal Pains is just a wayward, all over the map show that in my opinion is just not that good. I've tried to get into but just can't and am no longer going to try. In Plain Sight is fair, but that's it; just fair. Law & Order: CI is still great, but truly of all the orginal series' on USA, The Starter Wife is/WAS the best by leaps and bounds. The Starter Wife had an amazing cast of characters that were likeable, interesting, complex, and mae the viewers want to come back week after week to see what happened next to this great characters. And the cast - my goodness, you had such an amazing cast of excellent actors/actresses and you're just letting them go? And for what?? What IS the reason USA is/has cancelled The Starter Wife, does anyone know?? To have an actress the caliber of Debra Messing - who I might add received an Emmy nomination for her work on The Starter Wife - and you're just going to hand her a pink slip and send her on her way?? That is just plain crazy, not to mention stupid on USA Network's part.

I would like to think the PTB's at USA Network will reconsider their decision to cancel The Starter Wife - it's just a really bad decision on USA's part. I know I won't be watching any of USA's original series' anymore, and I'm just so disappointed that The Starter Wife got the axe. What a shame, it truly was the best show on USA and one of the best shows on television period. I guess we'll just wait with baited breath to see the next Law & Order or CSI wannabe show USA will try to shove down our throats next.

If it wasn't for the NCIS reruns, I would boycott USA because of their cancellation of The Starter Wife. I will continue to watch all the NCIS reruns, but I will no longer be tuning in for ANY prime-time programmig on USA. You're going to lose a LOT of viewers over this decision USA. You need to reconsider and bring The Starter Wife back before you end up with egg all over your face!

Kathy

#13 BigFan31

BigFan31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

If enough of us keep telling USA to bring back Starter Wife, then they have to listen. As I've told them before, I'm insulted that they considered the ratings too low.....all the MILLIONS of us who were watching, what are we, chopped meat? USA LISTEN UP...THIS IS WHAT WE THE VIEWERS WANT. If you can't 'make it work', then i agree with what others have suggested, move it to another network. this show is GOOD...better than desperate housewives by a long shot......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 squirtlelove18

squirtlelove18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

first one tree hill loses peyton and lucas, then lauren leaves the hills now this what am I going to watch?!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by squirtlelove18, 11 July 2009 - 09:41 PM.

#15 docter

docter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Both my daughters and I watch Starter Wife. Not only is it hilarious, but it shows a woman (albeit rich) who works through her problems and restarts her life after a devastating change. This portrays a very positive image for young women and any other women in a similar situation. You have left us hanging as to what has happened to a favorite character, Joan. Additionally, I like the way the positive image of "gay" men is projected showing us the problems that this specific "group" has in a generally heterosexual world. He works through his problems and has the same type of situation that any other person has, showing that we are all the same no matter what.
If you don't bring it back, at least let another network pick it up.
And to the person who dissed Burn Notice, unmentionable curses should erupt upon your skin. Fiona, Michael and Sam are a great group to watch

#16 The_Skoge

The_Skoge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

:angry: I too am very disappointed that Starter Wife has been cancelled. This was truly a great show. Well written, cast and acted. The characters were clever and had substance. They made me care what happened to them. I looked forward to every episode. I will sorely miss it if you don't pick this back up.

Please reconsider your decision.

I only joined this forum to plead my case. I have no other interest in participating in these types of forums.
I speak not just for myself, but several other friends of mine that also got hooked on this great series.

If you film it we will watch!!!! :)

Sincerely, Chris et al

#17 lilopeashy

lilopeashy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

Dear USA,

I am very disappointed that the Starter wife has been cancelled. All summer I was looking forward to its return. In fact last year I watched all of the shows over again because I wanted to be caught up with the characters. I loved this show and am hurt that it is cancelled considering it was such a delightful cast and the messages were true to real women. I hope that you will bring it back and put it at a better time slot so that maybe more people will be able to see this amazing show.

#18 KellyK

KellyK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:33 AM

I was glad to see this show go and I hope that Royal Pains follows quickly behind it. Give us some action, suspense and surprise with a dash of humor in our programming USA. Give us some shows with Characters acting out intelligent thought provoking writing rather than shows based mainly on one character who may or may not be that likable to all.

#19 Joan127

Joan127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Oh no, not another good and decent show cancelled!!

USA network is getting as bad as the regular Networks....maybe because NBC owns them, geesh, can't they see what a mess they've made there, now they have to repeat it on USA?

#20 Snarky

Snarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

Silly Shandra,

Why would we want a funny, entertaining, provactive original show? USA just wants to shove an endless array of recycled cop worship shows down your throat, mixed in with a fantastic lineup of shows featuring snarky young yuppie males lashing incredibly incompetent catch phrases at you every 30 seconds without any actual content.

Why would anyone watching be unhappy with that?

We should listen to Kelly K, we want action, with humor, suspense, and surprise with intelligent, thought provoking writing. Ummmm, hmmm, let me see, wasn't that what SW was all about??????

Me thinks what Kelly K really wants is a spinoff of Law & Order & CopWorship & Boring Incompetent Horsebleep 24 hours a day. As if there's not enough of that on cable TV already.

Seriously, it's hard enough for a good TV show to launch and enjoy a little success, without the drones chiming in for their daily fix of brain-numbing horsebleep. KK (weird, huh?), really, Spike has a great lineup of "thought provoking" horsebleep with action, humor, mind-numbing "suspense and surprise" waiting for you. You should really check it out.

In the meantime, for those of us looking for something new and refreshing, we know what network not to watch... Hey, USA, go Snarky Yuppie young males!!! Good luck with that.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved