#101 BensonPrincess

BensonPrincess

Squintern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Location:The Jeffersoinan Institue, as Dr. Brennan's Intern. :D

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Look at this way, he's lucky to kiss Mariska Hargitay, lol.

LOL That was the only time I ever wanted to be Stucky. :D
RIP: Tina D. (June 22, 1969- July 16, 2010)
My Top 11 TV Couples

#102 QueenOlivia

QueenOlivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

I am not certain, but I think he meant what a way to end people who humiliate someone like Stuckey. I am surprised Stuckey didn't touch Cragen.

Oh I am sure thqat is waht Elliot meant, but I feel a little hint of reality int here...

#103 BlaZer

BlaZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

Poor O'Halloran. Apparently, the actor who played him, Mike Doyle, has a streak of playing characters who end up dead. Nightline last night did a good segment on him with some interviews and stuff. Hey, has anyone heard from Blazer yet?

Present!

I'm sorry for worrying you all. I was busy at work and couldn't find time to post here. Thanks for looking for me. I want you people to know that I'm okay. :)

And yes, sviewer, there was an article about Mike Doyle and his numbers of deaths on the shows/movies he was in. I liked his last line, though. Being stabbed in the chest is better than being gang-raped, lol. The scene was in OZ, I believe.

-I loved this finale. It was pretty spectacular than Cold, like LoriOZ said. It was a great intense! That was heck of a twist! I actually enjoyed it, really. This episode looks like everybody was in this episode, except for TARU Morales. Morales, where are you?!?

-Alex was stuck in traffic? Nice one. At least she was mentioned. Unlike Huang, when they rarely show him, he was never mentioned by any in the squad.

-Olivia kissing Stuckey? I think I almost puked on that scene, but she had no other way to get out of that situation. I liked Kurt-Olivia kiss better. But, hey, he's… correction… the actor, who plays Stuckey, is lucky! He gets kissed by the Emmy-award winner and not Nick Stahl. I would be jealous of a female, too, if she gets kissed by Chris Meloni, lol. Oh yeah, Stabler was forcibly kissed by the woman in "Head" episode. That I forgot. And Connie Nielsen (Dani Beck), too. Lucky, that actress. This calls for another Emmy nomination for Mariska's good performance.

-Nick Stahl. Wow. How did they get hold of that guy? I was psyched he got a role in Special Victims Unit. He is a brilliant actor. He was the teenage John Connor in Terminator 3. It was indeed so great to see him again.

-Munch-on-a-ride. That made me laugh.

-Judge Donnelly's "People, take your meds!" comment really made me laugh hard. I was hoping she'd die in this episode. The line was someone who appeared once in this season, and would come back again, so I assumed she would be it. Really, Neal Baer, you did great job by getting me stick to my great expectations. Still, I'm relieved Elliot saved Donnelly, and we'll be seeing more of her in the next season.

-Olivia slapping my baby?!?!? That wasn't very nice. But it was fun to watch though. That hurt, I bet. I'm sure Mariska instantly hugged Chris apologetically after filming that scene. Ouch! The way she slapped was like throwing away her frustrations on Elliot. Oooooh, slicing Elliot's chest... that was really painful.

-What I don't understand… Elliot and Olivia ( or even O'Halloran ) should know by then Peter (Stahl) had no experience of creating gassy stuff, the syringe, etc. He's an artist with a sick mind. Where else will you seek them? At the Lab, or at the hospital. There was someone else in that case who knew about the dangerous chemicals. If they had figured that out earlier, then O'Halloran would still be alive. :(

-I never expected Stuckey would be the killer. Really, it was so hard to believe. A face like his? He looks harmless, like SVUlovesME said. He may be annoying, but still harmless to me. Oh well, like people always say, do not be deceived by the looks. I see, Stuckey's dark side rises when you hit up to his limits. To me, Elliot was the meanest one. He was almost yelling at Stuckey. I admit, O'Halloran did sound grouchy to him, but, not as loud, or cruel as Elliot's. Lol, O'Halloran's grouchy tone reminded me of my manager, hahaha. Perhaps this rookie kid looks up to Elliot and Olivia. I don't blame him if he worships them. They are great detectives after all, but he can be a pest at times. I'm sure O'Halloran was fond of EO's great partnership, but he wasn't always there to bug the detectives like Stuckey did.

-Poor Ryan O'Halloran. Of all the people to kill, why him? I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you! He never hurt, nor touched Stuckey. He never even yelled at him. But why steal his life like that? That was very, very, very uncool. Elliot and Olivia's reaction touched me. They were stunned. As if they lost their little brother. Mike Doyle is 36, so I think he is younger in the show. Ryan will be deeply missed. R.I.P. Ryan. I am going to miss you! Darn Neal Baer. He didn't even let me see Ryan's great chest, like Elliot's. Wait... did I say "BROTHER"? Then how come they stood there as if he was stranger? Come on, Neal Baer! You gotta be kidding me! They have known each other for FIVE OR SIX years, and that's the reaction they can give? ! In Signature, Olivia cried like a lost little girl when special agent cooper died. They just met in Signature episode. But this?!?!?!

All I can say on top of all is WOW! It was full of different emotions! Laugh, Anger, Hatred, Sadness, Fear, what else? Now, this is the finale for the 10th season should be like.

To all svu cast, crew, rec. guests & special guests, WELL DONE!

Chris & Mariska, if you were picked as nominees for this great episode, you have my full support and good luck in Season 11!

Okay, Neal Baer, I'm finished ranting my review! So, what have you got for us in the next season? :D

Edited by BlaZer, 06 June 2009 - 12:00 PM.

#104 alpharenay94

alpharenay94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

Look at this way, he's lucky to kiss Mariska Hargitay, lol.

He was. She looked stressed doing it though. I love your siggy BTW.

"Suffering is Inevitable, while Misery is Optional"
-Beverly Wolvermans

#105 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

I had to get off twitter because too many people are complaining about silly things (IMO)....

...Elliot having "Benson" in his phone instead of "Liv."

No EO moments (which I thought there were plenty)....

...Olivia and Dale's kiss (which was done to save Elliot's life!)

A lot of people are also writing Neal saying that they won't watch the show anymore because there is no EO and Neal didn't address EO in that episode. Screw that, I'm still watching.... As long as I'm entertained, I will watch. EO is good, but it's not the reason I watch. I watch mainly for EO friendship and the storylines.

I am with you Kamara. I am not an EO shipper at all. Elliot and Kathy are back together, they have their family together, and a new son, so I don't think either Elliot or Olivia would want to mess this up. Do Elliot and Olivia love each other? Yes, in ways no one would be able to understand as it is a different kind of love then husband/wife. It is like being more than friends without the sex part. They love each other, and to see the final 10 minutes or so of the last episode I was on the edge of my seat and could not imagine how difficult it must of been for Olivia to do those things to Elliot, but she knew she had to in order to save his life. I think the obvious chemistry and love between Elliot and Liv is incredible to watch in each passing episode and I think having the two of them get together would ruin way too much of the show, in my opinion.

The ending where Liv and Stuckey kiss kind of made me queazy and I could tell by the look on Liv's face that it made her nauseous too! I was telling my mom that if the producers got rid of Stuckey's character for whatever reason, the guy who plays him probably made a deal with the producers saying, "If you're getting rid of my character, I get to make out with Mariska Hargitay!"

All in all it was a decent episode, and the ending really had me on the edge of my seat, but waiting to find out who died was the intensive part....first I thought it was going to be Donnelly, never guessed it was going to be O'Halloran. But it makes sense now that Stuckey was the perp.

I wonder what Neal has in store for the cast as they recover from O'Halloran's death next season?

#106 LoriOZ

LoriOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

I wonder if Chris and Mariska were able to shoot the 'slapping scene' in one take...or if they had trouble (laughing?) trying to get it done. I imagine it could have been funny...

#107 BlaZer

BlaZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

He was. She looked stressed doing it though. I love your siggy BTW.

Thank you. It took me a while looking for this picture.

I wonder what Neal has in store for the cast as they recover from O'Halloran's death next season?

If Neal Baer is getting O'Halloran's replacement to work as FT, better be Trevor... and there was this another Lab Tech guy before O'Halloran came along. I can't remember his name. Stabler ( Or Fin ) sarcastically asked: "Reading comics now?" to that Lab Tech guy while he was analyzing the comics. Hisgirl, a little help here, please? Who was that guy? He was funny! His hair is curly, his skin is as same as Morales, and medium. The name's Gorbam something?

I wonder if Chris and Mariska were able to shoot the 'slapping scene' in one take...or if they had trouble (laughing?) trying to get it done. I imagine it could have been funny...

I can imagine her saying: "OMG, Chris! That was some heck of a slap! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" :D

#108 DSR

DSR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

You guys do realize Mariska wasn't actually hitting Chris, right? When there are scenes with physical violence, the actors come mighty close without actual contact, and then the tech people but in a sound bit that sound like the person was actually being hit.
(TV production 101)

A look from you is as blinding as the sun, As stunning as your eyes I lose myself in.
A look from you is as pure as the clear blue sky, When I'm with you.

Every minute I'm not around you, I feel like I left something behind.
Every time I'm not looking at you, I feel like I am blind.

The only way I want to see Elliot's family is when they are showing him moving out. ~Mary82
GO EO!theres no chance in hell for anyone else!!~PINKYDOG
1st Siggy Pic by Icedogfan
2nd pic and avi by Mariskaxgee

#109 DragonEmpress

DragonEmpress

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Thank you. It took me a while looking for this picture.

If Neal Baer is getting O'Halloran's replacement to work as FT, better be Trevor... and there was this another Lab Tech guy before O'Halloran came along. I can't remember his name. Stabler ( Or Fin ) sarcastically asked: "Reading comics now?" to that Lab Tech guy while he was analyzing the comics. Hisgirl, a little help here, please? Who was that guy? He was funny! His hair is curly, his skin is as same as Morales, and medium. The name's Gorbam something?

I can imagine her saying: "OMG, Chris! That was some heck of a slap! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" :D

BlaZer,

I know how much you love Ryan O’Halloran character. This will cheer you up. Mike Doyle was on interview by Nightline. He was little emotional as he shared his farewell message to everyone. Mike's such a sweet guy and handsome! Enjoy! :)

-DrEm-

http://abcnews.go.co...ndex?id=7741678

If it does not work when you click it, copy the link and paste it on another window.

Edited by DragonEmpress, 05 June 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#110 RJ87

RJ87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

You guys do realize Mariska wasn't actually hitting Chris, right? When there are scenes with physical violence, the actors come mighty close without actual contact, and then the tech people but in a sound bit that sound like the person was actually being hit.
(TV production 101)

I don't know about for this show and these actors, but in some cases they do really hit each other because they want it to look more realistic. Two examples I know of:
1. In Air Force One, Harrison Ford wanted it to look realistic so he let the "terrorist" really hit him. He talked about it in an interview.
2. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, there was a scene where Michelle Trachtenberg slapped Alyson Hannigan. Both actresses have talked about it in interviews. Michelle said she felt bad and didn't want to hit Alyson because she liked her and respected her, but Alyson told her to hit her as hard as she could. They wanted the scene to look realistic.
I'm not sure if this was the case in Zebras. To me, it looked like MH was really hitting CM, but it didn't look like CM's face was red or pink and it probably would have been if she'd hit him hard.

#111 DSR

DSR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

I don't know about for this show and these actors, but in some cases they do really hit each other because they want it to look more realistic. Two examples I know of:
1. In Air Force One, Harrison Ford wanted it to look realistic so he let the "terrorist" really hit him. He talked about it in an interview.
2. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, there was a scene where Michelle Trachtenberg slapped Alyson Hannigan. Both actresses have talked about it in interviews. Michelle said she felt bad and didn't want to hit Alyson because she liked her and respected her, but Alyson told her to hit her as hard as she could. They wanted the scene to look realistic.
I'm not sure if this was the case in Zebras. To me, it looked like MH was really hitting CM, but it didn't look like CM's face was red or pink and it probably would have been if she'd hit him hard.

Technology wasn't as advanced 2-3+ years in those productions as it is now. In 99% of the films you watch(present day), there is no real violence. The other 1% is low budget films who can't afford to do the sound bit.
It can look realistic even without actual contact, So that was a dumb move on Harrison Fords part( but like I said, technology wasn't that advanced then), and Buffy the vampire slayer. In fact some people will never know in some cases whether there was actual contact or not becuase the tech crew edits it to look and sound as relistic as possible. Like I said, that's T.V. production 101. That's one of the 1st things learned when taking a T.V. Production class (I took it 2 years in a row, not to mention doing numerous reports for that class)
I even did a video with two boys figthing (parody of a reality T.V. show) it wasn't the best, but some people swore they were really hitting each other.
It's all about editing

Edited by DSR, 05 June 2009 - 11:17 PM.

A look from you is as blinding as the sun, As stunning as your eyes I lose myself in.
A look from you is as pure as the clear blue sky, When I'm with you.

Every minute I'm not around you, I feel like I left something behind.
Every time I'm not looking at you, I feel like I am blind.

The only way I want to see Elliot's family is when they are showing him moving out. ~Mary82
GO EO!theres no chance in hell for anyone else!!~PINKYDOG
1st Siggy Pic by Icedogfan
2nd pic and avi by Mariskaxgee

#112 BlaZer

BlaZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

BlaZer,

I know how much you love Ryan O’Halloran character. This will cheer you up. Mike Doyle was on interview by Nightline. He was little emotional as he shared his farewell message to everyone. Mike's such a sweet guy and handsome! Enjoy! :)

-DrEm-

http://abcnews.go.co...ndex?id=7741678

If it does not work when you click it, copy the link and paste it on another window.

Solid! Thanks, Dragonempress. I appreciate it. I hear Mike Doyle is filming a new movie with Nicole Kidman called "Rabbit Hole". Wow! Imagine that? Nicole Kidman?! Mike is so lucky!

#113 RJ87

RJ87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

Technology wasn't as advanced 2-3+ years in those productions as it is now. In 99% of the films you watch(present day), there is no real violence. The other 1% is low budget films who can't afford to do the sound bit.
It can look realistic even without actual contact, So that was a dumb move on Harrison Fords part( but like I said, technology wasn't that advanced then), and Buffy the vampire slayer. In fact some people will never know in some cases whether there was actual contact or not becuase the tech crew edits it to look and sound as relistic as possible. Like I said, that's T.V. production 101. That's one of the 1st things learned when taking a T.V. Production class (I took it 2 years in a row, not to mention doing numerous reports for that class)
I even did a video with two boys figthing (parody of a reality T.V. show) it wasn't the best, but some people swore they were really hitting each other.
It's all about editing

Oh, I believe you and it sounds like you definitely know more about production than I do. I'm just telling you sometimes they actually do hit each other. Maybe for those shows it was due to it being several years ago and technology not being as advanced. But in the interviews the actors in both cases chalked it up to wanting it to look as realistic as possible. In an interview, MH said something about her and CM liking to do their own stunts as much as possible. Stunts are different from violence, but based on that, I could see them maybe wanting the slapping to look as realistic as possible. Who knows, though. You may very well be right that it wasn't real.

#114 DragonEmpress

DragonEmpress

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

Solid! Thanks, Dragonempress. I appreciate it. I hear Mike Doyle is filming a new movie with Nicole Kidman called "Rabbit Hole". Wow! Imagine that? Nicole Kidman?! Mike is so lucky!

You're welcome. Yes, he is very lucky to work with an Oscar award winner.

#115 SVUlovesME

SVUlovesME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

(TV production 101)

Yeah, I did too (although my TV production class was on high school during my senior year and that was 10 years ago! I'm sure many things have changed since then).

I remember though during USA's Character Insights on Chris where he explained punching someone (I think it was for Ripped?), how the actors will try to choreograph the fight, etc. I did hear one time about doing the slap/punch in slo-mo and then it was speeded in the editing room to make it look actual.

The slapping/punching sounds are pretty much sound effects.

#116 SVUlovesME

SVUlovesME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

There was a CSU tech named Burt Trevor (seasons 1-5) played by Daniel Sunjata but he is on Rescue Me now. I already showed you a pic of him but you said it wasn't him so he's out!

There's also
Ramone Vargas (played by Fernando Lopez- only appeared in 7 episodes, around seasons 2-3. He appeared in Redemption, Sacrifice, Inheritance, Care, Monogamy, Protection, and Prodigy)
Torres (played by Jose Zuniga- but he's only appeared in three episodes, Repression, Mean, and Careless)

Both of these techs appeared before Ryan O'Halloran/Mike Doyle, both are hispanic (including Daniel Sunjata), both had dark curly-ish hair

Do you remember what episode/season you are referring to with the comics reference?

Edited by SVUlovesME, 06 June 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#117 Kamara

Kamara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

There was a CSU tech named Burt Trevor (seasons 1-5) played by Daniel Sunjata but he is on Rescue Me now. I already showed you a pic of him but you said it wasn't him so he's out!

There's also Ramone Vargas (played by Fernando Lopez- only appeared in 7 episodes, around seasons 2-3. He appeared in Redemption, Sacrifice, Inheritance, Care, Monogamy, Protection, and Prodigy)
Torres (played by Jose Zuniga- but he's only appeared in three episodes, Repression, Mean, and Careless)

Both of these techs appeared before Ryan O'Halloran/Mike Doyle, both are hispanic (including Daniel Sunjata), both had dark curly-ish hair

Do you remember what episode/season you are referring to with the comics reference?

I want Burt Trevor back. He was hot and good Tech.

Edited by Kamara, 06 June 2009 - 09:55 PM.

#118 SVUlovesME

SVUlovesME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

I want Burt Trevor back. He was hot and good Tech.

Yes he was. I miss him and wish he comes back on occassion

#119 Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

Was it Svengali from S9? That's the only one I can think of that has comic books in it.

Never lose hope in EO! Believe!!

-Banner made by Mary82-
-Avie made by sodelicatecandi on LJ.
------------------------------------------------------------
~*YouTube*~&~*Fanfiction*~

#120 BlaZer

BlaZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

Is hisgirl back yet?

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved