• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#41 ElphabaAlexandra

ElphabaAlexandra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

I'd like to add tigeroo over at liv_alex_lovers livejournal as a great fanfic writer!

Well, the Alex "arc" is over and in my opinion NB is a douche for all the double-speak with no follow through. But that's alright. I still treasure the glorious A/O past of season 2-5.

But I do hope SM is given an opportunity to come back next season.

Why,God, why?

Oh well, ignoring major plot arcs seems to be the fashion nowadays -just look at the last X Files movie. Even if it is over, I still think it would be fitting that it got some acknowlegement. Even something as simple as:

"Nice necklace."
"Yeah, I lost the old one."
"Me too."

#42 AlexCabotReturns

AlexCabotReturns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

They replaced the necklace. They both have rings now. As evidenced in Liberties and Zebras.

#43 heartolivia

heartolivia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Ha!

I should've looked for a ring while Alex was sexting Olivia in the courtroom. *snaps fingers*

"Lead" was the tease of all teases. But I honestly don't know what I was expecting. I'm an apostle of the subtext anyhow but still, that was lacking. A full-blown ship only works in our dirty, little fantasies.
"A woman can say anything she wants to about your performance in the bedroom and you aren't actually allowed to kill her." -Alex Cabot

#44 C10H16

C10H16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

So, now that we're hearing that Stephanie March is returning for 10 episodes (WOO!) I'm excited about this.

Since they know Cabot will be back, hopefully the writers can write with the character in mind and we'll have more-- and better-- A/O scenes!

#45 heartolivia

heartolivia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

That would be cool. But I am not holding my breath. Even a little more discursiveness between the two over a big salad and a bottle of wine would be nice.
"A woman can say anything she wants to about your performance in the bedroom and you aren't actually allowed to kill her." -Alex Cabot

#46 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

I added my opinion to my Season 11 post, but wanted to add it here, as well, since it COULD be taken as an A/O shipper thing if those of you who are shipper of them look into it that way. But I think it'd be cool to see the two sharing their stories of being victims of crime. I know Alex doesnt know about Olivia's assault and think it would be a nice bonding session for the two of them if Olivia were to choose Alex to open up to. She hasnt really opened up to anyone about her attack and maybe having Alex back fulltime she'd see her as the one to go to about opening up for the first time about what happened to her.

Just my thoughts....

#47 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

Stephanie March talks about the possibility of an Alex/Olivia romance on "Law & Order: SVU"
by Sarah Warn
A few weeks ago in an Ask AfterEllen.com column, I answered a reader's question about whether there was any possibility of a romance between Mariska Hargitay's character Olivia Benson and Stephanie March's character ADA Alexandra Cabot on Law & Order: SVU, now that March is reprising her role for six episodes on the hit NBC crime drama beginning March 10.

My answer at the time? No. (OK, I suppose nothing can ever be completely ruled out, but in my Professional Lesbian opinion, that has about as much chance of happening as Max getting a decent storyline on The L Word.)

Now Stephanie March is trying to make me look bad.

In a press call today attended by one of our freelance reporters, Jim Halterman (who relayed the info to me), Stephanie answered similar questions and was much more encouraging about the possibility of an Alex/Olivia relationship than I was.

First, when asked whether Alex Cabot is returning in a relationship or not, she said, "Shes on the prowl. Shes not tied to too many people."

On whether she's going to be prowling strictly for men, March replied, "I think we havent determined all of it yet. I think some of its still a mystery."

Finally, when Melissa Lee of ILoveTelevision.com asked whether Alex and Olivia are in love and just not realizing it yet, March answered, "Im not saying were not...Im not saying were not in love."

What's that noise, you ask? It's the sound of a million Alex/Olivia shippers having a heart attack at the same time.

Executive Producer Neal Baer acknowledged on the call that he and the writers are very aware of the lesbian following for March and Hargitay, and March added that the Alex/Olivia shipping doesn't bother her in the least. "I would make the vote on Prop 8 that would make your readers happy," she said.

Mariska Hargitay and Stephanie March at a fundraiser in May 2008

To be clear, I still don't think there's any real chance the writers are going to develop a romantic relationship between Olivia and Alex.

But even a few years ago, questions about a romantic development between two ostensibly straight characters on a popular mainstream TV show wouldn't have even been asked in a mainstream press conference, let alone answered in a way that seeks to encourage viewers to read between the lines.

So it feels like a little bit of progress off-screen, if not on-screen.

But just to be safe, Max better not suddenly get a good storyline in the last two episodes of The L Word, or I might have to eat my tall, Willy Wonka hat.

What do you guys think of this? Do you think there is any truth to Alex/Olivia in Season 11?

#48 heartolivia

heartolivia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

No.

And at this juncture I don't trust the writers enough to produce a simple scene that acknowleges a romantic relationship between the two if it were ever the case. It's not about sensationalism, bells, and whistles, but what would be radical is to treat a simple scene with simplistic normalcy.

Like another fan mentioned on another board, Olivia gets a late call, drags herself out of bed where she's lying next to Alex. That's it. Nothing more. The show's not about who's doing who but its fair to acknowlege that work romances happen and that a same sex one happens as well.

#49 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

No.

And at this juncture I don't trust the writers enough to produce a simple scene that acknowleges a romantic relationship between the two if it were ever the case. It's not about sensationalism, bells, and whistles, but what would be radical is to treat a simple scene with simplistic normalcy.

Like another fan mentioned on another board, Olivia gets a late call, drags herself out of bed where she's lying next to Alex. That's it. Nothing more. The show's not about who's doing who but its fair to acknowlege that work romances happen and that a same sex one happens as well.

I definitely agree that office romances do happen. Did you see Conviction when it was on? If you did then you know office romances happen and that the writers are not afraid to let the audience in on their dirty little secrets. Not too much romance has happened on SVU if you think about it. I mean, in the first season there was Benson and Cassisdy who we saw in bed together, then there was Benson and that reporter guy also from season 1 and she was kissing him, then El and Dani Beck, and Olivia and that other reporter guy who we only saw her kissing him. So yeah....not too much romance or romantic stuff going on in front of the audience faces, and not even a lot between Elliot and Kathy. I think this show focuses too much on the "out there" and what is happening in the world to mix in too much other stuff such as the personal lives of the detectives. Whereas Conviction was a whole different angle where the character's lives were supposed to be out in the open.

But I do agree that I do not see Alex and Olivia being anymore than just friends and maybe the occasional hint there is more, but nothing that will be obvious to the audience.

#50 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

This might be really reading into something, but I was watching Lead and if you watch when Alex first appears on the scene, Olivia and her are making eye contact, but watch Olivia's eyes as they look down, and it appears she is looking at Alex's breasts, which if you notice what Alex is wearing for clothes it is very possible that could have been the case, and then Olivia's eyes dart right back up to meet Alex's as if she knew what she was looking at and didnt want anyone else to become the wiser.

That might be looking into something wayyyyy too much, but I think it's there.....

#51 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

a lot of the past posts i just caught up on for this thread are about the discreet, sort of gotta read between the lines, actions that go on between olivia and alex. one thing i notice when watching the two of them on screen together is every scene they have together, before the next scene hits, or before one of them leaves the scene the two of them always look at each other. they never look at anyone else last, they always give each other that one final look before someone leaves or they go on to the next scene. they are not hard to miss even though they are subtle, but they are there and they are so endearing. you can see the love between the two of them just in the ways in which they look at each other.

#52 Rashanti

Rashanti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

^That makes me want to cry every time I see it. But, nothing can top this: Oh, Alex.

I can't get enough of watching that clip. The staff has admitted some subtext between the two but it's pretty obvious right there. For a while it seemed like they were the only two people in the scene. Alex didn't even stop looking at Olivia until Elliot spoke up.

I'm pretty new here so I'm going to give a bit of an insight of where I stand on Alex/Olivia. Of course the subtext is there but I don't think that it's going into evolve into something more. I think it's going to stay pretty subtle and let the shippers/viewers think what they want to between the two. And I'm just fine with that. I personally think they had a relationship on the DL at one point. Looking at all the episodes I've seen so far, I see Olivia as the kind of person that doesn't label things. I think she would fall in love with anyone regardless of gender. When it comes down to it I really don't care who's she's with as long as she is happy because we all know that she deserves it. One exception would be Stabler because he has a wife, kids, and I think it would be against both of their characters to get together.

#53 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

I can't get enough of watching that clip. The staff has admitted some subtext between the two but it's pretty obvious right there. For a while it seemed like they were the only two people in the scene. Alex didn't even stop looking at Olivia until Elliot spoke up.

I'm pretty new here so I'm going to give a bit of an insight of where I stand on Alex/Olivia. Of course the subtext is there but I don't think that it's going into evolve into something more. I think it's going to stay pretty subtle and let the shippers/viewers think what they want to between the two. And I'm just fine with that. I personally think they had a relationship on the DL at one point. Looking at all the episodes I've seen so far, I see Olivia as the kind of person that doesn't label things. I think she would fall in love with anyone regardless of gender. When it comes down to it I really don't care who's she's with as long as she is happy because we all know that she deserves it. One exception would be Stabler because he has a wife, kids, and I think it would be against both of their characters to get together.

I'm so glad someone else has finally started replying to this post again, I was starting to get lonely and feel as if I was talking to myself! LOL

I too am okay with there just being subtexts between Olivia and Alex because I think things would be too complicated for them as well as the viewers if it was out in the open. I think then too much would be expected and it would just muddy up the waters, but subtexts are left up to our imaginations as well as Olivia and Alex can have their own little secret among themselves too and sometimes its just better that way.

I dont think they have ever had a relationship on the DL only because I dont think either one of them would cheat on the other, although Alex cheated on Robert in Conviction, I think the relationships we have seen Alex in which would be Jim Steele, her engagement to Robert, that guy she obviously left once she was out of WP who she was sleeping together while there, and even the date we saw her on in Angels with Trevor Langon of all people!! I think Alex had such trouble committing to men because deep within her heart she wants to be with Olivia. Olivia also has had no success with men and I think it is because of the same reason; she wants to be with Alex.

I, too, have noticed all too much the scene at the end of Loss. The second Olivia sees Alex she just starts to cry and Alex is crying, too, but the part that really nails it for me is right before they tell Alex it's time to go....its after Olivia asks how long Alex will be gone for and Alex starts to cry and then the two of them just stare at each other and Alex is nodding her head at Olivia as if she is talking to her. It's like the two of them have their own secret language that only they understand and when they are together the rest of the world just disappears and it is just the two of them. That is more than just a friendly relationship....there is something there...something deep....I knew it 100% in that scene alone.

I want Olivia to be happy because she most certainly deserves it, but I do not want her with "just anyone".

Keep this thread going with me!!! :)

#54 Rashanti

Rashanti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

I'm so glad someone else has finally started replying to this post again, I was starting to get lonely and feel as if I was talking to myself! LOL

Well technically you were for a minute there! :lol:

I too am okay with there just being subtexts between Olivia and Alex because I think things would be too complicated for them as well as the viewers if it was out in the open. I think then too much would be expected and it would just muddy up the waters, but subtexts are left up to our imaginations as well as Olivia and Alex can have their own little secret among themselves too and sometimes its just better that way.

100% agree. If it was out in the open than it would be hard to still keep the show about the victims/cases/crimes without making the show about those two. If you want the show to be realistic you can't just ignore the problems and situations that would arise if those two were together.

I dont think they have ever had a relationship on the DL only because I dont think either one of them would cheat on the other, although Alex cheated on Robert in Conviction, I think the relationships we have seen Alex in which would be Jim Steele, her engagement to Robert, that guy she obviously left once she was out of WP who she was sleeping together while there, and even the date we saw her on in Angels with Trevor Langon of all people!! I think Alex had such trouble committing to men because deep within her heart she wants to be with Olivia. Olivia also has had no success with men and I think it is because of the same reason; she wants to be with Alex.

See, I'm kind of out of the mix with who've they been dating because I just got into the show like a couple of months ago and I still have alot of episodes to watch lol. You could be right as far as why they can't stay committed to men. But let's also throw in the factor that they are both independent & strong women who spend lots of time doing their jobs. Sometimes it's hard to have a relationship with those qualities.

Do you write fanfiction? Or read it alteast. I'm a reader. I would write, but I'd probably would even finish the story lol. There are some good stories on fanfiction.net.

#55 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Well technically you were for a minute there! lol

hahaha very funny!!! ;-)

100% agree. If it was out in the open than it would be hard to still keep the show about the victims/cases/crimes without making the show about those two. If you want the show to be realistic you can't just ignore the problems and situations that would arise if those two were together.

Yes, exactly! Any/all relationships that have been on the show have been dealt with in one way or another, even if for just one episode. There's the whole Elliot/Kathy saga, there was Fin and his ex-wife Terry, there was Olivia and her boyfriends and even when her and Cassidy were sleeping together there were a few subsequent episodes where it was dealt with right up until Cassidy transfered out of the unit. So if Liv and Alex were to be brought together on the show for the viewers to see it then there would have to be dealings with it on a pretty regular basis since the ADA is always in episodes now, so her and Liv would see each other a lot more frequently then Elliot and his wife see each other. See, in my theory it is easier to play Elliot and Kathy's marriage on the screen because Kathy is not an integral part of SVU, but Alex is, so if her and Liv were a couple they would be seeing each other in every episode and to not have any mention of the couple aspect would just be unrealistic and the audience wouldnt buy it. So it is best to keep Alex and Liv giving each other those subtle glances and stares and smiles that are not unbeknowest to the viewers, but at the same time keep business as usual between the two women.

See, I'm kind of out of the mix with who've they been dating because I just got into the show like a couple of months ago and I still have alot of episodes to watch lol. You could be right as far as why they can't stay committed to men. But let's also throw in the factor that they are both independent & strong women who spend lots of time doing their jobs. Sometimes it's hard to have a relationship with those qualities.

This is also true, but I also think it would be or might be easier for Alex and Liv to have a relationship with each other because of the nature of their work. In Casey Novak's first episode on SVU Olivia gave her the run down of the relationships people in SVU have. She told them that Elliot never talks about work at home, Fin never talks about his love life at work, and Munch has just given up. She said about herself that guys either move away from her when they find out what she does for a living and those who dont move away from her lean in a little too close wanting to hear every detail and either way there is never a second date. Alex works sex crimes, she sees the worst of people and she sees what Liv has to deal with on a day to day personal level and she doesnt back away nor lean in too close for the wrong reasons. They would understand each other because they understand the nature of each other's jobs.

Do you write fanfiction? Or read it alteast. I'm a reader. I would write, but I'd probably would even finish the story lol. There are some good stories on fanfiction.net.

I do write fanfic on fanfiction.net, actually. My pen-name on there is svurookie and I have written I think only ONE complete story lol. It wasnt even a story, it was a song-fic to be exact. I love reading the fics, but can get very critical since I am a writer myself and am just a stickler for good writing, so sometimes I will review a story and get backlash when I try to offer my help to the author who clearly doesnt want anyone's help or advice. Can get me into trouble sometimes! :-/

#56 heartolivia

heartolivia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:57 AM

Sorry guys,

I tend to forget about this board. Which was not intentional.

I agree with what a lot of you are saying. Olivia to me, if I were to put my snark hat aside, is pretty sexually ambiguous.

I'm also lead to think that Olivia's interaction with Alex is purely natural in an accidental way... almost. I never took an acting class but I'm pretty sure actors learn how to feed off the energy of one another. The actresses themselves may not have executed their scenes thinking, 'wouldn't it be cool if our characters were doin' it on the sly' but the writers, directors, producers did notice so they decided to play to it a little more.

I don't expect to see a scene with the Olivia or Alex holding hands a NY Pride. As long as the keep the subtextual warm and fuzzies, I'm satisfied. Someone's signature in this thread says it all. Ah, the way the look at eachother... kismet.

Edited by heartolivia, 20 October 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#57 MunchzHunch

MunchzHunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

Stephanie March Fans get in touch with me here on @ alexcabotphd@yahoo.com. I am heading up a project for Stephanie from all her fans and anyone and everyone is welcome to join, so get in touch with me!

-MH

#58 adacabotizback

adacabotizback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Sorry guys,

I tend to forget about this board. Which was not intentional.

I agree with what a lot of you are saying. Olivia to me, if I were to put my snark hat aside, is pretty sexually ambiguous.

I'm also lead to think that Olivia's interaction with Alex is purely natural in an accidental way... almost. I never took an acting class but I'm pretty sure actors learn how to feed off the energy of one another. The actresses themselves may not have executed their scenes thinking, 'wouldn't it be cool if our characters were doin' it on the sly' but the writers, directors, producers did notice so they decided to play to it a little more.

I don't expect to see a scene with the Olivia or Alex holding hands a NY Pride. As long as the keep the subtextual warm and fuzzies, I'm satisfied. Someone's signature in this thread says it all. Ah, the way the look at eachother... kismet.

I have just recently jumped on board as a supporter of this ship. In the Law and Order Universe, however, the only person that can have a personal life seems to be Elliot Stabler. Interesting b/c he is the only one who is married. Well, it seems high time that SOMEONE has some kind of life outside of the precinct! LOL I used an open-mind and paired Olivia with everyone I could think of and it really seems like Alex is the right fit. I probably would have shipped them together sooner had I not been looking at things so one-sided.
But whatever- Alex and Liv are a great match, let's see it already! :)

#59 DeliviaIStheWAYitSHOULDbe

DeliviaIStheWAYitSHOULDbe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

I have just recently jumped on board as a supporter of this ship. In the Law and Order Universe, however, the only person that can have a personal life seems to be Elliot Stabler. Interesting b/c he is the only one who is married. Well, it seems high time that SOMEONE has some kind of life outside of the precinct! LOL I used an open-mind and paired Olivia with everyone I could think of and it really seems like Alex is the right fit. I probably would have shipped them together sooner had I not been looking at things so one-sided.
But whatever- Alex and Liv are a great match, let's see it already! :)

Sorry, I am just not that desperate for Liv to have someone. I'd sooner see Liv with Elliot before I paired her with a woman. Let's give this tough edgy woman a man!

ANDREA
DEAN PORTER IS LUV

#60 DeliviaIStheWAYitSHOULDbe

DeliviaIStheWAYitSHOULDbe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. I use to look at Olivia the same way and than I came across something suggesting a relationship between Alex and Olivia. Needless to say I became curious and rewatched the Cabot years to see what everyone was talking about and had to admit that all the signs were there. Now I impatiently wait for the slightest interaction between Alex and Olivia, hoping that they might one day go that route on the show (but I'm not holding my breath on that). ;)

I'd hold my breath in hopes of turning blue and then coding!

ANDREA
DEAN PORTER IS LUV

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved