Director Leon Vance....or is it Director Tyler Owens?
Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:55 AM
A friend of Director Vance, named Tyler Keith Owen, and Director Vance investigates it.
1) Director Vance investigated it because he said this man was a former marine....but his Marine file does not exist.
2) The dead mans sister called Director Vance "Teek", a nickname that really goes better with the name Tyler Keith Owen than Leon Vance (that wasn't said on the show, its just an inconsistency that some are pointing out on different forums).
3) Director Vance's wife said that he was a Marine but he never got to serve because he was medically discharged after he had surgery to repair his detached retina, Gibbs responded by saying "I used to think I could spot marines"....Gibbs asked Ducky to check in the autopsy if the dead man had any surgeries, and it was him that actually had the ocular surgery.
4) At one point in the show, Tyler's sister is talking to Tony and she says "...being kidnapped by" and she pauses momentarily and sarcastically says "Leon"....which has led most fans to think that she knows he isn't who he says he is.
5) While Vance is interrogating a man named Joe Banks, Gibbs is watching from behind the glass and makes the comment "he isn't who he says he is...his worse days are behind him". You could assume he was talking about Joe Banks, but some people think that a lot of the lines in that episode had more than one meaning.
6) Also, a lot of people are still wondering about the paper that Director Vance shredded at the end of season 5.
Having said all of that, most people think that the arc of his character will be that at some point in his life, he changed identities with his friend for some reason, and he is really Tyler Owen.
My opinion is, the show is definitely trying to make it seem like Vance isn't who he says he is. Looking at it rationally....I find it really hard to believe that anybody can not only fool a federal agency by getting a job with a fake identity, but end up running that agency under a fake identity. With all the lie detector tests and the background check...it seems almost impossible. While its extremely fishy, and certainly seems that way, in my opinion...that can't possibly be whats going to happen...although, I can't think of any other scenarios with whats happened.
What do you people think?
Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:14 PM
Thanks for the thought.
Gibbs: You lost your protection detail in Paris. You went missing for 21 hours, where were you?
Jenny: You sound like a jealous husband.
Gibbs: How would you know?
Jenny: Don't touch that! It's scotch you drink bourbon
Gibbs: So do you
Jenny: I had another visitor, before you arrived unannounced.
Gibbs: Did he duck out the back?
Jenny: Now you do sound like a jealous husband
Elliot If that sniper hadn't beaten you to it... I know you would have taken the shot Olivia.
Olivia: No, I wouldn't have. Did you really expect me to? Did you really expect me to cause your death, Elliot? What about your kids?
Elliot: I don't know. I just couldn't get that boy out of my head.
Olivia: What about me?
Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:50 PM
Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:52 PM
Thanks for spelling it out for me. I was confused.