• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lulamay

Lulamay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

My husband and I want to use "Chips" to get the original theme song back for the final season. (We can't stand the current one)

If enough of us use our "Good Karma Chips" maybe we can convince whoever makes these decisions to change back.

#2 OtakuMayu

OtakuMayu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

I Love it's a jungle out there. the lyrics perfectly fit Monk.

#3 Chacal

Chacal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

And I love both theme songs B)

#4 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

Funny you should bring this up now. Monk executive producer David Hoberman was quoted on this very subject in a Multichannel News article today.

Excerpt from Multichannel News.com
Opening Lines
How A Show’s Title Sequence Is Designed To Hook Viewers

by Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn -- Multichannel News, 2/23/2009 12:00:00 AM MT

For USA’s Monk, when the show’s producers decided to put a different spin on the opener, they literally changed their tune.

“Early on, we decided we were going to highlight Monk being Monk to get across the idea that this was a character-based piece about his obsessive compulsiveness,” said David Hoberman, the show’s executive producer. “Jeff Beals’ score created a piece of music that sort of fit to it.”

But by season two, Hoberman was “trying to elevate the show and give it a shot in the arm.” Composer Randy Newman’s theme song “It’s a Jungle Out There” proved to be the remedy.

“It’s interesting because while we were doing Randy’s theme song, Jeff Beals won an Emmy and we were all embarrassed,” Hoberman recalled. “The fact that Randy won an Emmy [the following year], it was like, 'Thank God.’ ”

Full Article

If I were you I'd save those karma chips. After six years it just ain't gonna happen.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#5 SteveMC

SteveMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Same. I liked the episodes that have both in them, one at the beginning and the other as the closing credits.

#6 dabzzy

dabzzy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

I Love it's a jungle out there. the lyrics perfectly fit Monk.

I agree. The other one is just music. I was glad when they changed the theme song.

#7 Niko4631

Niko4631

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

I love the new theme song. Its more fun! I like that there's actually a song with words. i like the new one better.
But, I still like the other one.

Edited by Niko4631, 23 February 2009 - 06:34 PM.

I could be wrong, but, you know, I'm not.
-Adrian Monk

Me and Tony Shalhoub- I met him in Wisconsin, January, 2009
Check out the picture.....
http://s449.photobuc...=1231556052.jpg

It's a gift and a curse
-Adrian Monk

#8 quinfran

quinfran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

I love to sing along with the new song! :lol:

#9 xMcMx

xMcMx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

I definitely prefer "It's A Jungle Out There" over the original theme. It captures the fun of the show while pertaining to the OCD theme.
I do like it when they incorporate the old theme in end credits though.

#10 Eminencia

Eminencia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:42 AM

I neither like the old theme nor the current song. B)
The old one was very short - a pro, if you ask me. The current one is so terribly long. And I don't like the way it is sung. It sounds too 'happy'. Plus, I liked the old one altogether better because it showed us a Monk in a t-shirt. When have we seen him in that thing, again? Why won't he wear it anymore?
I did really catch the idea behind his way of dressing - with the top button buttoned... But at home? Let him heal - let him wear a t-shirt. :) And please: SOON!

#11 frenchclem59

frenchclem59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:52 AM

Me too
My youtube's channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/Clemfan1989

Natalie: Look at you
LOOK AT YOU!!
Adrian: Natalie stop it
Natalie:Look at you

#12 msaviana

msaviana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

I literally just signed up so I could post on the Monk boards about the theme song. I have been a super fan for quite awhile. The original theme song was just perfect. Not all theme songs (or music in general) have to have words to be fantastic. I really, really was hoping that the people in charge of the show would throw us fans of the "original theme song" a bone here, in the final season. Although, the first episode with Sarah Silverman's Marcy Maven, in Season 2, talking about the theme song on her favorite tv show and how much it sucked WAS hilarious, I guess I was hoping for more. Each season, I hoped in the back of my mind that they would bring back Jeff Beal's original theme. I mean c'mon, they brought back Marcy Maven and that was HILARIOUS.

I, too, liked when they used to include Jeff Beal's theme in the closing credits. It was a small bone, but at least they tossed us that.

It's the little things.

#13 monkisflippinawesome100

monkisflippinawesome100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

I love to sing along with the new song! :lol:

me too! but i don't think the old one was bad. I also thought we could get the old one back, but ONLY for the one that Bitty is in. I was just thinking that today actually....
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"The snows that burn away like tears of God reveal the world anew. We are reborn. Nothing is lost forever."

Isn't he just delicious?

#14 gingercookie

gingercookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

I don't like Randy Newman, but I do like his theme song for the show. I prefer the instrumental theme as the end credit song.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved