• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 themusicman18

themusicman18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

So, I was just sitting there watching the episode on Friday night, when a little voice starts singing. Today, after re-watching Bounty Hunters again, I realized that Tancana sang the same song!!!!! What's up with that? Did Tancana go to Camp Tikihama as a kid too? Did he just happen to hit it on the head? Or, did Psych do that just to amuse us the fans? <_<
TMM 118
J. Rusin
Eagle Scout
Very Cool!!!!!!!

#2 Winky_Cutto

Winky_Cutto

TiManiac and Super PsychO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

So, I was just sitting there watching the episode on Friday night, when a little voice starts singing. Today, after re-watching Bounty Hunters again, I realized that Tancana sang the same song!!!!! What's up with that? Did Tancana go to Camp Tikihama as a kid too? Did he just happen to hit it on the head? Or, did Psych do that just to amuse us the fans? <_<

In Bounty Hunters, when Shawn and Gus brought Tancana to Henry's house, they claimed that he had been a counselor from their childhood camp, Camp Tikihama, named "White Feather".

The song was also over the closing credits of Bounty Hunters (though you'll only heard it on the DVD or possibly in re-runs).

So it was all a callback to them saying Shawn and Gus had gone to Camp Tikihama as kids.
@Winky_Cutto on Twitter
TiManiac, Smart Ass, and everyday Rabid Beast Psych-O

#3 ChocolateThunder

ChocolateThunder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

I think what the question is: How could Tancana possibly have known the camp song from a camp he didn't even go to? Or did he go there as a kid and Shawn just got incredibly lucky?

We don't just get up there and start winging it!

Dude, where have you been for the past two years?

#4 pineapplesoup7979

pineapplesoup7979

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

can someone post the lyrics?
-PINEAPPLE SOUP
"for your edification..."
"that was lowercase mad, you need to be uppercase mad!"
"That's right, it's real. Feel free to drink it in."
"She's not gonna wait forever."

#5 I_Know

I_Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

can someone post the lyrics?

Camp Tikihama what you are,
Reaches near and reaches far (Tancana says and spreads out far),
From white capped mountains to chrystal lakes,
sing out loud for Tiki sakes!

We are friends who bond over bright ember fires,
And to marshmellow dreams we will retire,
Camp Tikihama you're so true,
La-la-la-la-la and then the view,
La-la-la-la-la and then the view!

Edited by I_Know, 20 February 2009 - 07:32 PM.

Official Multi-Faceted FAN-atic of the CMP2
Posted Image
Posted Image
James: "I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She's made out of sunshine."

Johnny Dare: "He swept you off your feet and you couldn't wait to bed him. He said you were simply powerless against his sexual prowess."
Maggie: "Alright, well he's absolutely right."

Magster: "I'm Irish." *wink* "And lucky."

Juliet: "I said you're prophetic."
Shawn: "You're prophetic!"

Maggie: "That's my boyfriend"

Steve: "I love it when Juliet yells at people."
Maggie: "Me too! It's really fun!"

Tim: "Maggie Lawson, I can get her to laugh. But normally Maggie just laughs at me laughing.

#6 PsychismyLIFE24

PsychismyLIFE24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

I think what the question is: How could Tancana possibly have known the camp song from a camp he didn't even go to? Or did he go there as a kid and Shawn just got incredibly lucky?

to answer that question-
they were just making a shout out to 'bounty hunters!'
they werent saying that it was THE camp song, they just put it in the show. lol.
Official Head Psychic for the CMP^2
Posted Image

life is not made up of a single moment. it's made up of a gazillion moments. and what defines us is what choice we make in the next moment, and the one after that.

not a big fan o' twitter but hit me up on the y-tubee (: http://www.youtube.c...ser/PhoebeLee24

#7 psychfan93

psychfan93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

i spent a great deal of time trying to explain this to my mom, and jus as PsychismyLIFE24 said, its just a shout-out. Tancana wasn't really shawn & gus camp counsler. :)
Official Apprentice to the High Priestess of the Pineapple of CMP^2

#8 PsychismyLIFE24

PsychismyLIFE24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

i spent a great deal of time trying to explain this to my mom, and jus as PsychismyLIFE24 said, its just a shout-out. Tancana wasn't really shawn & gus camp counsler. :)

they probably wanted to do a camp one and said 'hey lets name it Camp tikihama, like the camp that shawn and gus said they went to in 'bounty hunters!' '
Posted Image

life is not made up of a single moment. it's made up of a gazillion moments. and what defines us is what choice we make in the next moment, and the one after that.

not a big fan o' twitter but hit me up on the y-tubee (: http://www.youtube.c...ser/PhoebeLee24

#9 PsychLuvr

PsychLuvr

Super Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

When I saw Bounty Hunters the first time I thought they were making the camp up because Henry didnt seem to remember it

Edited by PsychLuvr, 25 February 2009 - 10:57 PM.

My friend: She's the biggest Psych fan I know!
James: And yet she's so little :)

#10 Spinly

Spinly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

On the DVD commentary Steve Franks states that the song was never meant to be played. It was originally recorded so that "white feather" (can't remember the character's real name) could learn the words for the script, and the guy singing was quite embarrassed when it was actually posted at the end of "Bounty Hunters". It was just to awesome to pass up!

"Drink the Kool-Aid Coffee in a Pineapple Mug"
Spinly: Commander -in- Chief CMP2

#11 PsychismyLIFE24

PsychismyLIFE24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

On the DVD commentary Steve Franks states that the song was never meant to be played. It was originally recorded so that "white feather" (can't remember the character's real name) could learn the words for the script, and the guy singing was quite embarrassed when it was actually posted at the end of "Bounty Hunters". It was just to awesome to pass up!

lol really? thats awesome!
his name was tancana
Posted Image

#12 Winky_Cutto

Winky_Cutto

TiManiac and Super PsychO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:24 AM

lol really? thats awesome!
his name was tancana

LOL, yep, I believe they also said that Adam Cohen (the name of Psych's music guy who sang the full version over the credits of Bounty Hunters as the aforementioned 'tape' for W. Earl Brown to learn the song) got SAG membership because of the inclusion of his version over the credits. Or was that ASCAP? They also mentioned that as well.... darn it! I need to watch my DVDs again!

Another interesting/funny fact (also from the commentary): W. Earl Brown not only mixed up some of the words, but got the tune wrong as well... in fact, he sang it so close to another song's melody that they couldn't include the entire song in Bounty Hunters because it was too similar. On the DVD there is a deleted scene (or maybe outtake) where you can hear what he did end up singing.... the tune is familiar, but without my DVDs I can't remember what song it ended up sounding like, but I understand why they couldn't use it.

Edited by Winky_Cutto, 27 February 2009 - 02:25 AM.

@Winky_Cutto on Twitter
TiManiac, Smart Ass, and everyday Rabid Beast Psych-O

#13 PsychismyLIFE24

PsychismyLIFE24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

LOL, yep, I believe they also said that Adam Cohen (the name of Psych's music guy who sang the full version over the credits of Bounty Hunters as the aforementioned 'tape' for W. Earl Brown to learn the song) got SAG membership because of the inclusion of his version over the credits. Or was that ASCAP? They also mentioned that as well.... darn it! I need to watch my DVDs again!

Another interesting/funny fact (also from the commentary): W. Earl Brown not only mixed up some of the words, but got the tune wrong as well... in fact, he sang it so close to another song's melody that they couldn't include the entire song in Bounty Hunters because it was too similar. On the DVD there is a deleted scene (or maybe outtake) where you can hear what he did end up singing.... the tune is familiar, but without my DVDs I can't remember what song it ended up sounding like, but I understand why they couldn't use it.

wow
iv had the dvds since xmas, but i havent listened to the comentary at all.
*oh darn. now i have to watch psych again* <-SARCASM!!!!
lol
Posted Image

#14 Spinly

Spinly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

I'm not sure if it is a sad obsession, a lack of cable while moving, or just simple love for the show ( I'm going to stick with this one because its the closest to the truth ;) ) But I have been watching the commentaries all week, and there is some really neat (yes I just used the term neat) inside info in all of them. The producers and cast are pretty funny too!

Edit because I can't spell

Edited by Spinly, 27 February 2009 - 12:10 PM.

"Drink the Kool-Aid Coffee in a Pineapple Mug"
Spinly: Commander -in- Chief CMP2

#15 PsychismyLIFE24

PsychismyLIFE24

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

I'm not sure if it is a sad obsession, a lack of cable while moving, or just simple love for the show ( I'm going to stick with this one because its the closest to the truth ;) ) But I have been watching the commentaries all week, and there is some really neat (yes I just used the term neat) inside info in all of them. The producers and cast are pretty funny too!

Edit because I can't spell

ok cool
i cant spell either.
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved