• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 lportsch

lportsch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

Its really unfortunate they cancelled the show. It had became my new Sex & the City I would watch with friends, even my mom. The fun & witty storyline made the series stick out from the rest...& also made me look at USA & Debra Messing in a new light. I think it may be cool for even Bravo to pick it up because of the liberal nature of the program. PLEASE USA bring back the starter wife!!! It was a breath of fresh air in the oh so predictable tv series world about cops & medical mysteries....There are loyal fans out there who respect & appreciate the creative vision the producers have. Either way, the entire cast & production team did an excellent job!!

#22 DrsWife

DrsWife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

Well, this is typical. If I love a show, it is guaranteed to be taken off the air and generally after a cliffhanger, which will unlikely ever be resolved. USA didn't give the series a chance. There was almost no hype (I didn't even realize the series was on until it was almost over). Now, they yank it off without giving it a full year. Typical, typical. Darn it! It would be nice if they would at least offer a "movie" or miniseries to resolve the issues that were left hanging after the last episode. And bring back Cricket and some of the other characters we miss from the miniseries. (Cameos are better than nothing!)

Edited by DrsWife, 14 March 2009 - 02:32 PM.

#23 psmary

psmary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

OK, HERE'S HOW IT HAPPENED, I WAS ON A TREADMILL AT LA COSTA WATCHING THIS SHOW, AND I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS, BUT I WAS SO ENGROSSED THAT I STAYED ON THE DARN TREADMILL FOR THE FIRST 2 EPISODES, WHICH WERE SHOWED BACK TO BACK. THEN I THOUGHT I'D LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING THAT SHOW AGAIN AT HOME! I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS UNTIL A YEAR LATER, WHEN I FOUND IT ON HULU.COM! I'VE SPENT A FEW DAYS CATCHING UP ON ALL THE EPISODES I MISSED JUST TO FIND OUT NOW THAT IT'S CANCELLED??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? IT'S GREAT AND IF USA HAD BOTHERED TO PUT IT IN A DECENT TIME SLOT I'M SURE THEY'D HAVE HAD MORE VIEWERS. IN THE MEANTIME WE'RE ALL LEFT HANGING, WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED. THIS IS AN EMMY AWARD RECEIVING SHOW THAT DESERVES BETTER, AND IT'S WELL WRITTEN, INTERESTING, AND I WANT IT TO CONTINUE! WAY BETTER THAN DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, AND I REALLY LIKED THAT SHOW UNTIL NOW! :(

#24 miss_bianca

miss_bianca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

This is soooo upsetting!!! My best friend and I enjoyed TSW alot. We would talk about it, and anticipate its next episode. I would love to see Lifetime pick up The Starter Wife. Lifetime already has a great selection of shows. I suggest The Starter Wife be added, on Sundays @ 9p, right before Army Wives! :lol:

Edited by miss_bianca, 17 March 2009 - 12:13 AM.

#25 3porterkids

3porterkids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

This is so sad. I just heard the news. I am deeply saddened by this cancelation but can understand why. When I went to open an account to post this, I noticed that is said I already had a myNBC account. There it is, there is the answer. First Lipsick Jungle, now The Starter Wife. Anything good that NBC has a hand in gets canceled.

I admit, I was a late-comer to this show. It is only because USA IS A BAD ADVERTISER! I never knew about the show until I passed by USA Network one day and they were doing an all day thing of this show. I caught it in the 4th episode, watched that, set my DVR to record the rest of the shows and them immdiately got on the internet and watched the miniseries and all the episodes I had missed and then after that, watched what my DVR had recorded.

I would like to ask this: USA, DID YOU INCLUDE THE PEOPLE WHO RECORD IT ON THEIR DVR EACH WEEK IN YOUR RATINGS? I bet not.

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO HAVE A SECOND SEASON? GIVE US OUR SHOW BACK USA!

#26 MITCHsocal

MITCHsocal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:24 AM

USA Network, this cancellation made me very upset. Do all of your shows have to be police investigations? Just because you add humor to that formula (Monk, Psych) doesn't mean it's really a different show. The Starter Wife was something different and imbued with a lot of quality in its acting, writing, and visual talents. The weekly movie/TV parodies were excellent, nobody else did those consistently and with such high quality in their shows.

I keep using the term quality because that's what's missing from most television shows. And yet, you've decided that's not what you want to give us; you just want to keep churning out lowest common denominator formulas. It's no wonder television audiences are dwindling in number. Practically everything interesting, different, and intelligent is being taken off the air, aside from the two dramas on AMC. How sad for everyone. How about making it up to us by at least giving us a 2-hour movie special to bring closure to our characters?

#27 cris25

cris25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:34 AM

I too first watched Starter Wife when they were having a marathon. After five minutes I was hooked! I caught up on all the episodes I missed and faithfully watched everyone thereafter. I'm in shock! I got on TSW website to see when the new season was going to start. My husband said maybe it's cancelled just to tease me. We never thought in a million years they would be cancelling this show anytime soon. It was freakin great! It was funny and dramatic with that stylish flare and Debra Messing played Molly perfectly. I always thought Grace when I saw in her something until TWS now it's like that's Molly. I love USA it's on my tv all day when I'm at home but this is heartbreaking and I'm so disapointed. Shouldn't the people that watch these shows have a say so? I hope USA will bring back the miniseries (clearly consumers are demanding it) but if they don't then hopefully another channel like Lifetime or whatever will. Where ever it's airing I'll be there.

#28 tcup0786

tcup0786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

I'm ticked!!! I cannot believe they keep cancelling my favorite shows!!! First, it's The Dead Zone and now The Starter Wife! What the heck? All 2 Million of the ticked off viewers should write these dummies and maybe, just maybe they will give us an ending worth watching. I'm scared to get hooked on any other shows because we will never know the ending to any of them! I have so many questions and now what do I have to look forward to?? At least Burn Notice, Monk (not for much longer), and Psyche are still around, but for how long will they stay?? Dare I watch and get even more addicted????

#29 tcup0786

tcup0786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

I'm ticked!!! I cannot believe they keep cancelling my favorite shows!!! First, it's The Dead Zone, The 4400, and now The Starter Wife! What the heck? All 2 Million of the ticked off viewers should write these dummies and maybe, just maybe they will give us an ending worth watching. I'm scared to get hooked on any other shows because we will never know the ending to any of them! I have so many questions and now what do I have to look forward to?? At least Burn Notice, Monk (not for much longer), and Psyche are still around, but for how long will they stay?? Dare I watch and get even more addicted????

I'm with that person above!!!! USA GIVE US SOME STARTER WIFE CLOSURE BY GIVING US A 2 HOUR MOVIE SPECIAL!!!!! HOW ABOUT THROWING IN ONE FOR THE DEAD ZONE AND THE 4400 TOO!!!

#30 ZaRo

ZaRo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

that sucks.... the show was incredible, and i loved messing's role.

#31 CherryPie

CherryPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

I am beyond shocked! :o And now I'm :angry: too!

I found this out only because of a question in Sunday's newspaper insert, USA Weekend.

OH, NO NO NO!

I've been waiting and watching for commercials promoting its return, hoping it would be May or June, but NOT NEVER!

Hey, let Law & Order and Criminal Intent reruns drop off the face of the earth. Jeff Goldblum? Are you kidding? How many people watch Jeff Goldblum? YUK and DOUBLE YUK.

C'mon, people, let's see what we can do to get hold of the minds at Lifetime or Oxygen or ANYWHERE.

CP

#32 CherryPie

CherryPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

It's over..... USA announced a couple of days ago they are canceling "The Starter Wife"...... ratings of 2.4 million were just too low. Entertainment Weekly magazine got the exclusive which went as follows:

---------
USA Network has filed for divorce from The Starter Wife, citing irreconcilable ratings. When the Debra Messing-fronted Wife debuted in 2007 as a six-hour miniseries, it attracted more than 5 million viewers and went on to earn 10 Emmy nominations. However, ratings for its 10-episode first season averaged just 2.4 million viewers -- a decent number by most cable standards, but not for USA, where its top shows (Burn Notice, Monk) regularly pull in around 6 million.

In an exclusive statement, USA called Starter Wife a "critical and creative success," and added that the Dec. 12 season finale served as a "satisfying conclusion" to the franchise.

Do you agree? Did Wife's climax satisfy you? Are you grateful you got those 10 bonus episodes, or should it have just remained a miniseries? And, putting your agent cap on for a moment, what do you think Messing should do next? Sound off in the comments section!

--------
That is referring to the comments section on the Entertainment Weekly website at http://ausiellofiles...sive-usa-c.html ------- There are fans there telling people to go to the website for the Lifetime cable channel and tell them to pick up "The Starter Wife" for Lifetime. So if you love the show and want it to reappear on another network, read the comments at the link (http://ausiellofiles...sive-usa-c.html) for Entertainment Weekly for guidance.

GO HERE to vote that Lifetime produce the show.
http://community.myl...ck-starter-wife

#33 cris25

cris25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

I created the pickup The Starter Wife poll in hopes it would create a buzz and get the producer's attention. Although this may still happen, here is info on about the only way to contact Lifetime directly. This could be necessary if more people don't vote on the poll or start talking about it or something.

You may write to Lifetime by sending a postcard. All communications not sent via postcard will not be read. Send your postcard to:

Lifetime Television

309 W. 49th street

New York, NY 10019

We should have a say about what shows we're watching, but we have to speak up. Thanks guys! :D

#34 longsam66

longsam66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

I LOVE this show! I am so disappointed. I couldn't wait for it to come on every week. I will go to Lifetime next to tell them to pick it up!! :(

#35 ferretkingdom

ferretkingdom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

i am SOOOOOOOOO mad that they canceled this show! I so looked forward to watching TSW every week. It was one of my fave shows and had top priority on my DVR list! LOL. I really do hope another station picks it up.

Hey USA! Think about this for a minute! How many reruns do you REALLY need to show!? 2.4 MILLION viewers wasn't enough?! Do your 8,000 reruns of L&O really get that many viewings?? DUH!

It was such a good show. I definately voted YES for Lifetime to pick it up in that poll. I'll follow it to whatever channel it goes to! I wonder why USA still lists it on their page as a series when they cancelled it. It was the only show i watched on USA, now I don't watch the channel at all!

#36 lisamarie512

lisamarie512

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

I'm sad and disapointed this show is being cancelled. I loved the show and the characters in the show. it will be missed!

#37 LisaCo

LisaCo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

How does a tragedy like this happen? The damage control department at USA must not have realized how much Starter Wife will be missed and how P.O'd its viewers have become. Maybe USA will realize what they've missed when Lifetime gets her! Pray for Starter Wife PEOPLE!

#38 dff42d2640d2c3f9378d881fe7aa9ca4

dff42d2640d2c3f9378d881fe7aa9ca4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:45 AM

I LOVE THIS SHOW AND THINK THAT USA IS MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE BY CANCELING THIS SHOW!!!! I FEEL THAT WHEN THIS SHOW MOVES TO ANOTHER NETWORK, USA IS GOING TO REGRET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS AND SONS OF ANARCHY ARE THE BEST SHOWS THAT I HAVE SEEN COME OUT IN ATLEAST 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 Ms_Stephanie

Ms_Stephanie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

It was not a good ending on the last season! It left you hanging. I think this is not a smart idea for USA. They did not like that they only had 2.4 million but The Starter Wife has been the only reason why I have ever tuned in on USA! BOO USA!

#40 Sunflower77

Sunflower77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'm ticked!!! I cannot believe they keep cancelling my favorite shows!!! First, it's The Dead Zone, The 4400, and now The Starter Wife! What the heck? All 2 Million of the ticked off viewers should write these dummies and maybe, just maybe they will give us an ending worth watching. I'm scared to get hooked on any other shows because we will never know the ending to any of them! I have so many questions and now what do I have to look forward to?? At least Burn Notice, Monk (not for much longer), and Psyche are still around, but for how long will they stay?? Dare I watch and get even more addicted????

I'm with that person above!!!! USA GIVE US SOME STARTER WIFE CLOSURE BY GIVING US A 2 HOUR MOVIE SPECIAL!!!!! HOW ABOUT THROWING IN ONE FOR THE DEAD ZONE AND THE 4400 TOO!!!

Exactly!! Why even bother watching USA? The only thing I have gotten is interested in the 4400, The Dead Zone and The Starter Wife to have them rip the carpet out and cancel the shows with no finales! The audience obviously means nothing to them and none of the other networks pull this BS. There are plenty of channels that do not repeatedly let their viewers down that I think I am done watching shows by USA. What would be the point anyways? The network will only let us down again.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved