• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hi guys was just downloading some screencaps off a website and there were a fair few I couldn't account for of the pilot, it seems they cut quite a bit, Is there anywhere I could watch the uncut one?
Thanx

Frenchy Xx

#2 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hmmm. . .could you provide a link to the pictures you're talking about? I mean I have it on DVD and I could tell you if they were pictures used from the episode or if they were possible promo pictures.

#3 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:15 AM

Hmmm. . .could you provide a link to the pictures you're talking about? I mean I have it on DVD and I could tell you if they were pictures used from the episode or if they were possible promo pictures.

I have the DVDs too and the scenes are definitely not on there, this is the link, you need to download pilot part 2 it's a zip file but it doesn't take long.

http://community.liv.....; burn notice

Clearly some places showed it uncut, weird!

Frenchy Xx

#4 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

More likely they padded out the pilot with deleted scenes to make a two-part episode for the foreign market. The caps are from an Australian broadcast.

It is disappointing not to have had that version on the DVD, or to have had the scenes included as deleted scenes.

#5 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

I have the DVDs too and the scenes are definitely not on there, this is the link, you need to download pilot part 2 it's a zip file but it doesn't take long.

http://community.liv.....; burn notice

Clearly some places showed it uncut, weird!

OMG!! I just looked at the screencaps! OMG where are those missing scenes?!?! Where is the Michael/Fi roof top scene, the Sam scene and the end scene?!?! OMG! They sooooooo should have included it in the bonus features on the DVD, IMHO! Matt Nix, you have some 'splainin to do!

#6 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

OMG!! I just looked at the screencaps! OMG where are those missing scenes?!?! Where is the Michael/Fi roof top scene, the Sam scene and the end scene?!?! OMG! They sooooooo should have included it in the bonus features on the DVD, IMHO! Matt Nix, you have some 'splainin to do!

See, lol this is what I'm sayin how come some people got it uncut? And why wasn't it on the DVD? Weird right? :)

Frenchy Xx

#7 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

See, lol this is what I'm sayin how come some people got it uncut? And why wasn't it on the DVD? Weird right? :)

This isn't just weird, this is a heartbeat away from entering "What the hell is this, Mulder?" territory, in other words a conspiracy of vast proportions! ;)

#8 JohnP

JohnP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Next time a writer/Nix steps into the room someone needs to bring this up so we can get some answers!

#9 J0lly

J0lly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

Well - isn't that interesting!! Michael Westen - For Hire! Yeah they did cut a few things out didn't they! I'd like to see an uncut version too. Just can't get enough of Burn Notice!!

#10 krocla

krocla

Agent Claire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

Could it have something to do with how many commercials are in an episode? When watching encore presesntions of episodes, I "think" I've noticed some additional footage, if you will, that I didn't remember seeing before. I don't know if I "blinked" when I watched the epi previously, but I think I see a "sec or two" that I didn't remember seeing before.....maybe it's just me.

Add me to the list to get the uncut versions of BN episodes. :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 J0lly

J0lly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

When the original pilot aired, it was commercial free...brought to you by DirectTV.... some of those scenes in that zip file were definitely not there. I hadn't noticed anything cut from the pilot episode that I hadn't seen the first time, but then again sometimes my mind fails me!

#12 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

Next time a writer/Nix steps into the room someone needs to bring this up so we can get some answers!

I just asked Mike Horowitz perhaps some other people could too to see if he will answer.

Frenchy Xx

#13 elisetx

elisetx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

Can you all tell me what I'm missing? I just hate to download anything else on my PC. Are there a lot of scenes to watch?

#14 J0lly

J0lly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Can you all tell me what I'm missing? I just hate to download anything else on my PC. Are there a lot of scenes to watch?

It is a zip file and it is picture by picture the entire pilot episode. There is a scene with Michael and Fi on the roof right before their dinner scene that wasn't in the pilot....and at the end where Michael walks in the loft and sees all the pictures and the Welcome To Miami brochure he goes back on the roof and makes a phone call...at the end it freezes and puts his name back up and underneath it says "For Hire." That wasn't in there either. Also a scene on a bridge where Michael is paying a man for an envelope with a letter in it to all gov't agencies not to have contact with him....I believe that is the letter he received in the episode with Oleg's waitress where he met his buddy in the cemetary and he gave him the letter.

#15 elisetx

elisetx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

It is a zip file and it is picture by picture the entire pilot episode. There is a scene with Michael and Fi on the roof right before their dinner scene that wasn't in the pilot....and at the end where Michael walks in the loft and sees all the pictures and the Welcome To Miami brochure he goes back on the roof and makes a phone call...at the end it freezes and puts his name back up and underneath it says "For Hire." That wasn't in there either. Also a scene on a bridge where Michael is paying a man for an envelope with a letter in it to all gov't agencies not to have contact with him....I believe that is the letter he received in the episode with Oleg's waitress where he met his buddy in the cemetary and he gave him the letter.

Interesting - I think I'll have to check it out.............thanks

#16 LGia19

LGia19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

I said the same thing after I opened the file.... what? where was that? the roof top scene looks so cute. and the Sam scene whoa! :D Wished they included that on the dvds. Bummer. But thank you so much for sharing Frenchy!
Peace, Gia

#17 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

I said the same thing after I opened the file.... what? where was that? the roof top scene looks so cute. and the Sam scene whoa! :D Wished they included that on the dvds. Bummer. But thank you so much for sharing Frenchy!
Peace, Gia

Thank Natasha she reccomended the linkto me, shame we didn't see it uncut :(

Frenchy Xx

#18 M8825

M8825

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

It would be interesting to discover if there is, or was, a Director's cut to Burn Notice on DVD. Might be interesting to see ,whatelse hasn't been disclosed to the public; and/or, are still hidden mysteries to the general public, and those not involved in production.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are some advantages to having a 'burn notice' if you know how to play the game. Reversing a burn can be just as fun as being burnt, if you enjoy playing psychological warfare with the intelligence communuity - Life is like a jar of pure capsaicin. What you burn today, may burn you tomorrow - It takes a Terrorist to catch a Terrorist ." - M8825

#19 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

ah, now i finally have seen what you all mean... i'm a little bummed we didn't get a chance to see these extra scenes too :( Looked like some good ones! I wonder if it was just a time constraint thing?
For those who aren't able to get the zip file, here are some of the missing scenes mentioned:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

713siggysmuse.png

#20 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

This is the second half of the pilot UNCUT yey, the nice person on live journal kokamino_icons blogspot has sent me the original file as I asked if she still had it, enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CPIH4AB0

Frenchy Xx

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved