• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JackDempsey

JackDempsey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone know who he was? They dedicated this weeks show to him.

#2 GetBurned

GetBurned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

could be this guy?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0239107/
Posted Image

#3 LGia19

LGia19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

Does anyone know who he was? They dedicated this weeks show to him.

hey Jack, nice to see you back on here. Not sure exactly who that was but somebody did ask this question on another thread. Anyway welcome back- stop by the episode discussion thread... and tell us what ya thought :D

(Nanatoo @ Jan 29 2009, 11:32 PM) Posted ImageAt the end of the show tonight there was a memorial for Jose Duarte. Who is he and what was his association with the show?
I looked it up on imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0239107/
If this is the same person it says he was a Filmographer. He sadly passed away in August 2008.
That is so kind of them to honor him. May he rest in peace.
Peace, Gia

#4 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

Yes, that's him. It's very sweet they dedicated the episode to him.

You can read more about his life at EntertainmentInsiders and MiamiHerald

JOSE DUARTE Died Aug. 24, 2008

Art director and scenic artist Jose Duarte died at age 73. Mr. Duarte worked on a number of feature films produced in South Florida. He was production designer on the thriller "Midnight Crossing." Mr. Duarte was art director on several films including the horror movies "The Unholy" and "The Funhouse." His many scenic artist credits include "Smokey and the Bandit," "Hoot," "From Justin to Kelly," "There's Something About Mary," "Miami Blues," "Married to the Mob," "Police Academy 5," "Revenge of the Nerds II," "Making Mr. Right" and "Porky's 3."

Greatly responsible for bringing the movie industry to South Florida dating back to the "Smokey and the Bandit" days to the more recent filming of "Burn Notice".

713siggysmuse.png

#5 elisetx

elisetx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

I was wondering about that too....thanks for posting the question........interesting gentleman.

#6 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

Yes, that's him. It's very sweet they dedicated the episode to him.

You can read more about his life at EntertainmentInsiders and MiamiHerald

Thanks for the info on Jose Duarte. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. It sounds like he was quite important to Florida's entertainment/filming industry.

NatashaFatale, thank you for the links. I especially loved this part of the obituary in the Miami Herald, where they make mention that he was affectionately known as Pepe:

...Pepe, as he was affectionately known, declined many offers to go to Hollywood to remain close to his family and friends. His wisdom, compassion and humor will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Graveside service 1:00 PM Tuesday (today) at Vista Memorial Gardens, Hialeah. Arrangements by Caballero Rivero Woodlawn Funeral Home 305-888-6792. To visit this Guest Book Online, go to www.MiamiHerald.com/obituaries.

My heartfelt sympathies to Mr. Duarte's family and friends.

[edited to add: JackDempsey, it's great to see you.]

Edited by PhilippaConnors, 31 January 2009 - 07:30 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Cindy_Sue

Cindy_Sue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

I read it, I didn't know about him. I sent message(s)/emailed about Jose D. passed away to my friend Kate, She will let her husband know about it., He is an actor, He used to be in acting with "Miami Blues".

#8 lovethatmonk

lovethatmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Hey thanks for the information on Jose...sorry to hear of his passing...

My husband and I were wondering who he was...It was nice that they dedicated an epsiode for him...

LTM

#9 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

thanks for the info to all who found it. I figured he was a crew member. Most shows usually post a dedication after an episode. I had heard of a Mario Duarte because he was in the telenovela Yo Soy Betty La Fea. It's sad. But he had a nice resume of shows he did.

#10 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the information. What a wonderful homage to this man that had a long career in the film industry!

#11 lmv38luck

lmv38luck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

I have three painting that He made,I going to sale it.If somebody is interested,Email me to send the picture of the painting . lmv38luck@yahoo.com

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved