9 replies to this topic

#1 USA_Admin

USA_Admin

Forum Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

The Character Approved Awards honor the characters of the U.S.A. who are changing the face of American culture. Character Approved honorees are innovators in their field who influence our opinions, our style, and our view of the world. They surprise and inspire us with fresh ideas. They are celebrated by their peers. And they have an authentic style that's all their own.

View all the honorees here:

http://www.usanetwor...racterapproved/

USANetwork.com Admin

#2 geographer

geographer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

Gotta love how much of character Shepard Fairey really turned out to be....wasn't there another artist USA could have honored?

#3 gunterl

gunterl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

The Character Approved Awards honor the characters of the U.S.A. who are changing the face of American culture. Character Approved honorees are innovators in their field who influence our opinions, our style, and our view of the world. They surprise and inspire us with fresh ideas. They are celebrated by their peers. And they have an authentic style that's all their own.

Now that Shepard Fairey has been arrested for graffiti, don't you think you should take a closer look at all you honorees. The language of chef David Chang is not suitable for a character approved moniker.

#4 hrdkkr

hrdkkr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

So is it "Character Approved" or "Criminal Approved". Considering that Fairey's famous 'Hope' picture is a copyright infringement, what sort of values is USA Network honoring?
Now he has been arrested and charged with tagging property with graffiti. Is he what USA Network is trying to tell others to aspire to be? In his on video piece, he says that it is what he can get away with.
Makes me think the "Character Approved" is not something I would want anyone to be. Clearly he has no respect or concern for others or their property. Not virtues I would consider worthy of being honored. Shame on you USA Networks.

#5 rkkirch

rkkirch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

I am offended by Jimmy Wales comment about "old white men". We don't need more racist comments and the recent addition of racial epithets on Obama's entry shows how vacuous his vision is. How much disinformation lies in Wikipedia? Is this the type of knowledge we want to spread?

#6 CovertBlackOps

CovertBlackOps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

lupe fiasco is pretty good..."he's a breath of fresh air"

Edited by CovertBlackOps, 18 March 2009 - 06:36 PM.

"Make one of those scenes of yours...bite one of them, set the other on fire" ~Michael Westen-Burn Notice Pilot

#7 Ithilwen_Greenleaf

Ithilwen_Greenleaf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:44 AM

Ok... so your saying it's ok to plagerize and to use foul language? Wow, you need to reavaluate that list.

#8 Scarlett007

Scarlett007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

Gotta love how much of character Shepard Fairey really turned out to be....wasn't there another artist USA could have honored?

You ARE kidding, right? You want someone removed because of graffiti??? Last I looked, America WAS a land of free speech, which includes free writing; albiet, one should be cautious of where they choose to write; these days. Back in the "day" before Tucson, AZ "beautified" the underpass leading east out of the downtown area, was the smartest graffiti ever written. Someone wrote, for no apparent reason, and no "tags" either, Red's Rule! One week later, a TRUE CHARACTER followed up with .........CLAUDE RAINS!!! Yes, that is the correct spelling for the actors name. I thought Smart, but very clever and SMART, Indeed! Just sharing, Best Wishes and Happy Landings, RSB in Tucson, AZ :rolleyes:

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, REBECCA from Tucson, AZ

#9 rolly654

rolly654

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Rent television

#10 Csure5

Csure5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

For a network that is supporting a crusade against Hate, i was suprised to realize that USA Network is promoting the show Chrisley Knows Best.  The commercials show a father that bullies his family using his words and actions such as throwing his son's electronics into water.  I really hope this show is taken off the air quickly due to low ratings. 

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved