• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 baxibabe

baxibabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

Does anyone know what year the Charger is?

#2 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Well according to page 28 of Tod Goldberg's book The Fix it's a 1974 Charger.

#3 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Welcome, Baxibabe! :)

According to the Internet Car Movie Database, Michael Westen's car is a 1973 Charger. Here's the link.
Posted Image

#4 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Ohhh so should we split the difference and say a 1973 and 1/2? ;)

#5 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

Ohhh so should we split the difference and say a 1973 and 1/2? ;)

LOL!! Yes, we should split the difference. Obviously we've been quite a bit of help to Baxibabe. :lol:

Seriously though - I think that there was a another thread on the Dodge Charger that was posted since I've been a member (since last July)...and I'm trying to remember whether it was definitively decided what the year of this particular Charger was. I would try to look it up via the search engine, but it isn't being particularly kind to me right now.

I wonder if one of us should PM Tod Goldberg and ask where he got his info. :lol:
Posted Image

#6 Charger_Fan

Charger_Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

I started watching the show just for shots of the car. The year is either '73 or '74 but I'm betting that its a '73. I have a black-on-red '73 Charger sitting in my garage and can't find a difference between it and the one on the show. Regardless of the year, they are definitely head-turners! B)

#7 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

I started watching the show just for shots of the car. The year is either '73 or '74 but I'm betting that its a '73. I have a black-on-red '73 Charger sitting in my garage and can't find a difference between it and the one on the show. Regardless of the year, they are definitely head-turners! B)

Yeah, the Charger is such a cool car! There were some very nice shots of the Charger in this latest episode ("Hot Spot") -- when I saw Michael, Sam, and Fi get out of the Charger all decked out in white and black, I said in the chat room tonight, "they are the most bad-assed car thieves ever!" :lol:
Posted Image

#8 ranjadanja

ranjadanja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

yep, most certainly do.
I've busted my gut, spleen, liver and every other internal organ that there is to find out what type it is and after hours maybe even days this is what i concluded what it was.
1973 dodge charger rallye hardtop
idk bout next part
and maybe 480bloc-ic v8 big engine this is why there is a hood scoop
check and see for yourself look at these links

http://dodgese.sites...m/73charger.htm look at pics of blk car

http://www.allpar.co...dodge/1973.html read part about dodge charge check out illustrations

there's some others recently found a thank you bulliten from mat nix director/producer ect... i asked him same question still waitin fo a reply

#9 1970RoadRunner

1970RoadRunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

yep, most certainly do.
I've busted my gut, spleen, liver and every other internal organ that there is to find out what type it is and after hours maybe even days this is what i concluded what it was.
1973 dodge charger rallye hardtop
idk bout next part
and maybe 480bloc-ic v8 big engine this is why there is a hood scoop
check and see for yourself look at these links

http://dodgese.sites...m/73charger.htm look at pics of blk car

http://www.allpar.co...dodge/1973.html read part about dodge charge check out illustrations

there's some others recently found a thank you bulliten from mat nix director/producer ect... i asked him same question still waitin fo a reply

A lot of the chargers of the early 70's came through with the 318 cu v-8 engine, an upgrade to the 383 cu v-8 was available as was the 440 cu (4 bbl or 6bbl aka 6-pak). The hood is most likely a fiberglas "ram air" hood which is an option, much like the air grabber hoods (although they were steel) on the early plymouth road runners. Interestingly enough, I find the charger one of my main reasons for watching the show. The way the vehicle handles from a standing start makes me lean towards it being a 318 car.

Edited by 1970RoadRunner, 30 January 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#10 J0lly

J0lly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

Such a classic car!! I remember when they were NEW!!! (showing my age!!!)

#11 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, the Charger is such a cool car! There were some very nice shots of the Charger in this latest episode ("Hot Spot") -- when I saw Michael, Sam, and Fi get out of the Charger all decked out in white and black, I said in the chat room tonight, "they are the most bad-assed car thieves ever!" :lol:

i agree. there were some very nice shots of the charger in last night episode. i really liked the one where they pull up beside the red gto. i'll take the charger hands down anyday. i had a 73 that i drove to school. only differance, mine wasn't a hot rod. didn't have the scoop on the hood.
Posted Image

#12 1970RoadRunner

1970RoadRunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

i agree. there were some very nice shots of the charger in last night episode. i really liked the one where they pull up beside the red gto. i'll take the charger hands down anyday. i had a 73 that i drove to school. only differance, mine wasn't a hot rod. didn't have the scoop on the hood.

I totally agree with you, bcmom - the charger is wonderful. Lucky you to have had one to drive to school. I'm getting to be "vintage" like the car and it is great to see a classic on a great show

#13 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

There were some cool shots of the Charger in last Thursday's episode and I thought I'd post a couple of screencaps here, just so we could admire the coolness that is Michael Westen's Charger. I love how the gang was decked out in attire that matched the Charger (black suits with a white "interior"). B)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 baxibabe

baxibabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

:) Thanks very much everyone! Enjoyed reading everyone's post...

#15 vic_charger_man

vic_charger_man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Hey I dont know how you can tell the diffrence between 73 and 74 chargers but it has the same tail lights as my 73 charger. I have an se model with a soft top Im taking it off and leaving the rear luvered window. Im going to paint it black because of the show. Anyway on engine size it is very likely that it has a 400 ci big block since many of these year chargers have them mine does. At any rate i will add the power buldge style hood scoop instead tho with the pop up air damn its the coolest thing that will fit on that car. Throw in some 71 luvered doors and you have one hell of ride.

#16 Cindy_Sue

Cindy_Sue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

There were some cool shots of the Charger in last Thursday's episode and I thought I'd post a couple of screencaps here, just so we could admire the coolness that is Michael Westen's Charger. I love how the gang was decked out in attire that matched the Charger (black suits with a white "interior"). B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for posting this photos Phi!!! I love it. That's exactly I saw it on TV, Three spies and this car all look like they're wearing "Black Ties". :lol:

#17 Charger_Fan

Charger_Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hey I dont know how you can tell the diffrence between 73 and 74 chargers but it has the same tail lights as my 73 charger. I have an se model with a soft top Im taking it off and leaving the rear luvered window. Im going to paint it black because of the show. Anyway on engine size it is very likely that it has a 400 ci big block since many of these year chargers have them mine does. At any rate i will add the power buldge style hood scoop instead tho with the pop up air damn its the coolest thing that will fit on that car. Throw in some 71 luvered doors and you have one hell of ride.

Dude,

You just described my car!! Its a 73, SE with a 400ci. Even has the power buldge hood. I'll post some pix when I get a chance.

#18 Starydr

Starydr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

Not sure yet if its a 73 or 74 Charger but I did notice that some have a factory MOLDED hood scoop and some have an add on/glued on hood scoop. Guess we aint sposed to notice that.

#19 misterclark

misterclark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

Not sure yet if its a 73 or 74 Charger but I did notice that some have a factory MOLDED hood scoop and some have an add on/glued on hood scoop. Guess we aint sposed to notice that.

The Charger is a '73. The hood scoop is not a factory piece for that year. It is a 'Six Pack' scoop from the 1969 1/2 Plymouth Road Runner 'A12' which had a one piece, lift-off fiberglass hood that the scoop was molded into. What you are noticing is the different cars used in production. There are always at least 2 identical looking cars in any show. one 'hero' car used in close-up shots and others for different driving or stunt shots. The Charger has been improving in it's looks over the show's run. Now if they'll just get rid of that damned white painted steering wheel. Mopar never made a white wheel. With the white interior, the wheel and steering column should be black. Someone must have gotten a bit spray-happy with the paint gun. It really makes the car look cheap.
"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."

#20 kylooker

kylooker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Does anyone know what year the Charger is?

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved