• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rupeebuildings

rupeebuildings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

Does anyone know what Shawn was referencing when he kept saying, "Paw does not love faw" to the dolphin? I'm usually pretty good at picking up the references on the show, but I have no clue about this one. Even though I didn't get the reference, it kept cracking me up when he said it. Anyone out there who could shed some light? Thanks!

#2 Ananas

Ananas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

[It's from Day of the Dolphin, a 70's movie about English speaking dolphins, Pa and Fa. I think the writers are making obscure references into an art form.

#3 rupeebuildings

rupeebuildings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Thank you!!! Yeah, the references are getting more obscure, but that just makes it all the more fun to watch!

#4 AppleJacksRule

AppleJacksRule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Okay, on this same obscure reference topic, can anyone tell me what he meant when he told Gus to "quit being exactly half of an 11 pound black forest ham". There aren't many references that get by me but this one has me perplexed. Anyone?

#5 PsychFanCNY

PsychFanCNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

Okay, on this same obscure reference topic, can anyone tell me what he meant when he told Gus to "quit being exactly half of an 11 pound black forest ham". There aren't many references that get by me but this one has me perplexed. Anyone?

I'm guessing it means exactly what it sounds like....i.e., it's just something totally off-the-cuff. I love the "don't be a..." remarks...they just get weirder and weirder, and I have this odd feeling that the writers are sitting in their writing room and happen to just look around the room and spot something. Well, 'cept the rabid porcupine. I'd hope that one didn't get into the room.

#6 psychfan93

psychfan93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well, 'cept the rabid porcupine. I'd hope that one didn't get into the room.

:lol: i can see it now...all the righters, sitting down with a ham on the table. then a (rabid) porcupine comes out of no where..... :huh:
Official Apprentice to the High Priestess of the Pineapple of CMP^2

#7 PsychFanCNY

PsychFanCNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

I just love that they can have those silly, totally off-the-wall comments and moments...the ones that make you go "huh?"...it's all part of the quirky charm of the show. The writers rock.

I think I'll send them a ham. An 11-pound Black Forest ham...they'll enjoy that, I'm thinking...'cuz I bet they're fans of delicious flavor.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved