Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

How many more seasons will Burn Notice last?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BurnNoticeGirl

BurnNoticeGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

I'd love for burn notice to last forever but obviously that isn't the case. Think it will be 1 more year, 5 more years, 10 more years? I think that the Burn Notice characters will stay with the show because Ive read interviews that they dearly love their jobs.

Everyone make their predictions, I will start:

10 Years!!

#2 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:48 AM

As great as it would be for the show to be on for a long time personally I only want it to last as long as it stays good. I never want it to get to the point where it becomes some pale, washed out imitation of itself, you know?

#3 kusa23

kusa23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

No show last for 10 years anymore...what was Raymond, 8? ER maybe...last one I'm fairly certain made it over that mark was MASH (12-13 if i'm not mistaken?)

Not that I wouldn't want BN to last that long, but I'm with FiR, as long as it stays 'real' (or perhaps 'surreal' :lol:) I want it on...jsut hope it doesn't get an early ax for some garbage show just cause it's cheaper or some such gar-bage!

LONG LIVE BN!!!!

KA23 B)

Always Do the Best You Can with What You've Got!
Expect The Unexpected, And You Won't Be Disappointed....

#4 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

kusa23: What about L&O I thing they've been around about 16 years. 
I hope the show holds firm in terms of quality and the actors never get bored with it. I'd love a 10+ year show but as was said I want it to remain fresh and fun.

#5 Cardinal2504

Cardinal2504

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

Burn Notice (and other cable shows) have an advantage, in that they do not have full season runs (if you can call 22 episodes a full season). Fewer episodes allow an actor more time to do other things, such as "Don't Dress for Dinner" and My Name is Bruce. I would think that having a different outlet to hone their craft would allow for the actors to not get bored of their "day job".

Having said all that, I think Burn Notice could easily go for 5 seasons. After that, I'm not sure if they'd be able to keep from jumping the shark. Personally, I hope they go a long, long time, if the writing is as good as it was in the first season. But, IMHO, season 2 has been a little formulistic; there's a lot more gunplay, things blowing up and death in season 2 than there was in season 1. I want the show that stated "Guns make you stupid, duct tape makes you smart" (or words to that affect) back.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed season 2. But I loved season 1.

#6 kusa23

kusa23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

kusa23: What about L&O I thing they've been around about 16 years.
I hope the show holds firm in terms of quality and the actors never get bored with it. I'd love a 10+ year show but as was said I want it to remain fresh and fun.

You may have a point, but then again, the Orig series has kinda had 16 different casts to go along with those 16 years, so I don't know if that counts :lol:

KA23 B)

#7 kusa23

kusa23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Burn Notice (and other cable shows) have an advantage, in that they do not have full season runs (if you can call 22 episodes a full season). Fewer episodes allow an actor more time to do other things, such as "Don't Dress for Dinner" and My Name is Bruce. I would think that having a different outlet to hone their craft would allow for the actors to not get bored of their "day job".

Having said all that, I think Burn Notice could easily go for 5 seasons. After that, I'm not sure if they'd be able to keep from jumping the shark. Personally, I hope they go a long, long time, if the writing is as good as it was in the first season. But, IMHO, season 2 has been a little formulistic; there's a lot more gunplay, things blowing up and death in season 2 than there was in season 1. I want the show that stated "Guns make you stupid, duct tape makes you smart" (or words to that affect) back.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed season 2. But I loved season 1.

I agree to a mild extent....I'd rather see more mindgames than explosions....but I'll take a healthy helping of both/either if it means MORE BN!!!! :D

KA23 B)

#8 jlove15

jlove15

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

I dont know about 10 years. But I can definitely see it going for 5-7, if and only if, they switch the focus. Like with the season 2.5 Matt Nix has talked about how this season Micheal is working with Carla&Co to figure out who tried to kill him. So even though we may got some clues about Micheal's Burn Notice, that is not the main focus right now. So I think that it is possible for the show to be around for a while without getting stale or tired. Because I would really hate it if this show became like prison break, breaking out of jail, to eventually got back to another jail, and all the crazy drama that ensued. I say that in season 4, or definitely by season 5 we need to know who burned Micheal, why the did it, and who Carla&Co really are. I think it would be great if after all that Micheal was given some kind or new Bigger Mission, that Carla&Co are just the tip of the iceberg, and there is an even bigger organization Micheal needs to go after. But who knows these are just the ramblings of a BN addict. :)

Edited by jlove15, 02 January 2009 - 08:51 PM.

Guns make you stupid, duct tape makes you smart.

I can change your story or end it.

Brushes with death, are like snow flakes. Each one is unique, and icy cold.

Let me tell you a story....

The one that you love is closer than you think

#9 DianaC

DianaC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

I'm going to say 7 seasons. Don't burn my a$$, I would love to see it go on for more, but that's my guess.

#10 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

You may have a point, but then again, the Orig series has kinda had 16 different casts to go along with those 16 years, so I don't know if that counts :lol:

KA23 B)

Why would it not count? The show is about the cases, not the characters. That's why I like it. I hate when the show becomes about their personal lives. The cases are much more interesting. Their personal dramas should be secondary if at all to the main story.

#11 jarndyce

jarndyce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

I see the show lasting as long as they want to play out the "Who Burned Me and Why" storyline? That's the main "mythology arc" in the show. If they solve that storyline and if they continue "Michael helping people with their problems" it becomes a cross between A-Team/Magnum PI basically. I enjoy these stories, don't get me wrong...but we need that Central Storyline...

I think there's enough for 2 more years--before they'll have a hard time NOT solving the main burn notice storyline.

There are A TON OF BACKSTORY stories they could go into---Fiona's backstory is RIPE with opportunities...Sam's backstory is RIPE..even Barry's storyline leading up to how he met Michael Weston could be very interesting...

Should Burn Notice move to NBC at some point? I can't think of a better drama on NBC at the moment...I can't believe NBC hasn't thought of migrating the show over to the network at some point....

#12 Samfrench25

Samfrench25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'm going to say 7 seasons. Don't burn my a$$, I would love to see it go on for more, but that's my guess.

JD says he's contracted for seven seasons so yey!, I'm in the UK so I wouldn't know but is it unusual for a network to only order 16 episodes for season three or is that about the norm? Very glad it was picked up again tho. Can't wait for Jan 22nd.
By the way I'm new!
Sam

Frenchy Xx

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved