41 replies to this topic

#1 USA_Admin

USA_Admin

Forum Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Heartthrob? Star athlete? Sexiest Man Alive? All of these have been used to describe Mark Harmon, who stars as special agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs in the hit drama NCIS. With acting credits including Chicago Hope, The West Wing and St. Elsewhere, Mark Harmon is one performer who needs little introduction. It's safe to say his fans span the entire globe. So how big of a fan are you? Take the quiz to see how much you know about NCIS star Mark Harmon!

http://www.usanetwor...via/markharmon/

USANetwork.com Admin

#2 DeeR1

DeeR1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Heartthrob? Star athlete? Sexiest Man Alive? All of these have been used to describe Mark Harmon, who stars as special agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs in the hit drama NCIS. With acting credits including Chicago Hope, The West Wing and St. Elsewhere, Mark Harmon is one performer who needs little introduction. It's safe to say his fans span the entire globe. So how big of a fan are you? Take the quiz to see how much you know about NCIS star Mark Harmon!

I've posted my observations on the lack of "sexy" in the "Gibb's" character on the Forum: DeeR1. With all the listed qualities you've posted and the agreement amongst fans, then why the persistence in portraying him as humorless, fixated on the loss of his family, this has merit in some aspect, but it's recurring all the time. It means less the more it's shown.
His one relationship with the Colonel was a welcomed opportunity to see the "Gibb's" character's lighter & sexier side. Interesting how short lived that was. Would appear someone had serious issues with a "Sexy Gibb's".

From time to time I've detected an I.V. drip of sanctimony in certain episodes from the Gibb's character, i.e. The Gibb's character was hostile towards a female suspect in regards to her being an adulteress, turned out it was her husband that killed her lover. The point was that the zeal of the judgement passed by the character was heavy handed and not dispensed to male characters in the same circumstances. Any L.E.O. worth a damn, will never concern themselves with the personal goings on of suspects, witnesses, etc. unless it has a direct bearing on the case be they male or female. Preaching has no place in detecting crimes.

27 years in a blue uniform, honorably discharged from a green Army uniform, wife, ex-wife, mother & now grandmother, 911 & Katrina/Rita first responder and definitely a a bit of a character myself, I feel qualify me to state moral judgments and investigations don't mix. Humanity is complex and too funny to lock into a box. It's our miss steps that make this dance of life that is so much a part of our charm.

Good show, don't spoil it with constraints on the humanity of the characters, flaws are a wonderful part of the viewers experience.

Would love to see the "Ziva" character become ambiguous, the Tony/Ziva connection is too silly to pursue and generates no interest in either.

The Abby & Tim characters have so much to offer if more personal off the job stories were created.

Best of success, keep the creativity flowing, would hate to see the show end due to lack of courage to expanded the great characters you've created.

Dee

Edited by DeeR1, 26 March 2009 - 10:43 AM.

#3 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Dee,

Interesting comments. I would point out, however, that the writers/directors/actors, etc., must be doing something right, since the show is rated #5 in its time slot. Furthermore, I would not want the show to turn into a nighttime soap opera, but it's a delicate balance melding the official duties aspect of the characters' lives with their personal off-duty lives. I think the writers have been rather successful in this melding process so far. It remains to be seen if they can keep it up in the upcoming season(s).
StewH

"You know spies...a bunch of bitchy little girls!"

#4 specialagent

specialagent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Here, Here ! Listen to StewH!

PS You can be sure that's a big reason why McGee and Abby cooled it after he became a cast regular-- the novelty had run its course and would bore all of us.

#5 Sanddollar

Sanddollar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

Mark Harmon is adorable without question ... but I love the show so much, that I can't imagine NCIS without any of the charactors! Any hoo, the point of this message was to see if you can watch the NCIS shows on the internet? You know the drill ... have laptop will travel :P

#6 crystalmariebratcher

crystalmariebratcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

i think mark harmon is sexy for a man his age.

#7 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

Mark Harmon is adorable without question ... but I love the show so much, that I can't imagine NCIS without any of the charactors! Any hoo, the point of this message was to see if you can watch the NCIS shows on the internet? You know the drill ... have laptop will travel :P

Yes, you can. I'm catching up on the Season 6 episodes I missed last fall. Go here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis/
StewH

#8 PaigeG

PaigeG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

i think mark harmon is sexy for a man his age.

lol...he's sexy for a man at ANY age....
NCIS addict....ya think?

#9 footballnut

footballnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

#10 rk212005

rk212005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

when is the show coming back?

#11 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

when is the show coming back?

How many different times do you have to ask this question?? Ans: Probably in September
StewH

#12 rk212005

rk212005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

sorry if i just want to know something that some people might already know before i do i cant help but ask ! and im not going to keep saying sorry considering how many times i have said it! i just wanted to know ! there im done!

#13 Dacia

Dacia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

lol...he's sexy for a man at ANY age....

Ha ha - crystalmariebratcher must be very young to comment on Mark Harmon's age. Not only is he sexy - he's better looking now than 20 years ago. My friends and I have been fighting over him for years - while our husbands just roll their eyes  :P

I love him in this role - the single minded focus, the clipped mono syllabic dialogue, the impatience and yes PaigeG - to quote your signature - the sarcastic "Ya think?" <LOL>   In fact what's really so attractive about all the characters is the dynamics between them in their work environment and the fact that it's not spoiled by personal and trivial romantic junk.  I hope the daily marathons come back soon. I'm suffering from NCIS withdrawal.

#14 PaigeG

PaigeG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

Ha ha - crystalmariebratcher must be very young to comment on Mark Harmon's age. Not only is he sexy - he's better looking now than 20 years ago. My friends and I have been fighting over him for years - while our husbands just roll their eyes :P

I love him in this role - the single minded focus, the clipped mono syllabic dialogue, the impatience and yes PaigeG - to quote your signature - the sarcastic "Ya think?" <LOL> In fact what's really so attractive about all the characters is the dynamics between them in their work environment and the fact that it's not spoiled by personal and trivial romantic junk. I hope the daily marathons come back soon. I'm suffering from NCIS withdrawal.

I do so agree about the characters. I've only recently got my son addicted to the show. And yes, Mark Harmon just gets better looking al the time. Hard to believe he's almost 58!
NCIS addict....ya think?

#15 westems96

westems96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:47 AM

To me it doesn't matter the age. The man is gorgeous! I would love to meet him. He also seems pretty down to earth.

#16 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

Anyone happen to catch the Mark Harmon reference in tonite's episode (Dead Reckoning on CBS from S6)? It came from Leon...

Vince. CDupe.com

#17 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Nope...missed it, but I didn't see the first half.
StewH

#18 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

Nope...missed it, but I didn't see the first half.

That's ok.. It happened in the second half.

Vince. CDupe.com

#19 StewH

StewH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

Ok, watched it again. Vance says you let your quarterback call the plays in the last 2 minutes, a reference probably to quarterback Mark Harmon leading the UCLA Bruins in an upset win over #1 Nebraska back in, when?, 1987?
StewH

#20 michvhf

michvhf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Ok, watched it again. Vance says you let your quarterback call the plays in the last 2 minutes, a reference probably to quarterback Mark Harmon leading the UCLA Bruins in an upset win over #1 Nebraska back in, when?, 1987?

ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!!!

Here's your prize!! Posted Image

Vince. CDupe.com

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved