17 replies to this topic

#1 pinkydog123

pinkydog123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

ok, so, USA used to play like 4 SVU eps a DAY and now,

ive checked my guide and tommorows new ep is the ONLY ONE ON THIS WEEK WTF??

Edited by pinkydog123, 17 November 2008 - 11:14 PM.

#2 itsmeagain

itsmeagain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I'm on an SVU rerun withdraw. USA rarely runs SVU anymore aside from occassional marathons and at 12am and 1am. I know they used to overload us with SVU but they could provide a little more balance with their programming. Sucks.

#3 sosvugirl

sosvugirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, by the time I get home, there's NCIS, House or Wrestling...eeeck. Maybe they think no one cares about SVU anymore.

#4 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

Or maybe they're looking at not wearing the psyches thin on people who aren't obsessed (or at least serious fans to) of the show. It's also probably got something to do with licensing costs back to the studio (in this case, NBC/Universal) and/or ad revenues which may not be as high after years of multiple weekly airings.

If you don't like it, send a letter (not an email) to USA Network and tell them that you miss SVU and would love to see it back on the schedule a bit more frequently than you see now.

#5 DEANOLIVIAareHOT

DEANOLIVIAareHOT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

House is simply doing better right now, but this too shall pass. I watched each SVU eppy about 20 times on USA, and I'm sure many others did. But there comes a time when diminishing returns start to kick in. The numbers decreased, and now House has taken its place. The same will happen with House in a few years.

I do, however, miss the hell our of my SVU reruns.

See HGF's post on this somewhere.

ANDREA

#6 SexyToaster

SexyToaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

You Guys should invest in the DVDS, that way its SVU Whenever you want it to be.

#7 Hisgirlforevermore

Hisgirlforevermore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

There is already a thread on this subject. It's on the second page. "Why are we seeing less and less SVU?"

The simple answer is that House and NCIS are getting higher ratings for USA than SVU did. USA is a business and they will run the shows that make them more money.

Now for the bad news.

SVU will be moving to 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon starting in December. It will still run on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 6:00am. And the new episodes will be run Saturday at midnight meaning Sunday at 12:00am.
Other than the marathon, SVU will not being running at night.

#8 itsmeagain

itsmeagain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

You Guys should invest in the DVDS, that way its SVU Whenever you want it to be.

I have most of the seasons on dvd, I just like coming home from work/class and flipping on usa to some random SVU episode. It's like when you have a movie on dvd yet you always watch it on cable when it's on and hardly ever pop in your dvd.

I understand it's about $, I just miss seeing svu on at respectable hours (5-10pm) a few days a week instead of barely once a week at midnight. I don't want them to saturate us with SVU like before but they do the same with ncis, house, and monk. Overall I would prefer more mixture and a better balance of programming from USA and any network for that matter.

#9 SexyToaster

SexyToaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

I have most of the seasons on dvd, I just like coming home from work/class and flipping on usa to some random SVU episode. It's like when you have a movie on dvd yet you always watch it on cable when it's on and hardly ever pop in your dvd.

I understand it's about $, I just miss seeing svu on at respectable hours (5-10pm) a few days a week instead of barely once a week at midnight. I don't want them to saturate us with SVU like before but they do the same with ncis, house, and monk. Overall I would prefer more mixture and a better balance of programming from USA and any network for that matter.

I understand, I miss having SVU from like 8- 11 on USA too lol. and where would we be without are no reason SVU marathons,but I was just saying if it bothers you that much the DVDs are a good alternative.

#10 pinkydog123

pinkydog123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

i totaly agree with you, i like coming home from swim practice & just flicking on the tv to svu & watching it while i cook dinner, & when its on cable, i feel like im not the only one watching it and the only fan, sounds weird i know :P

#11 BeNsOnsGiRL

BeNsOnsGiRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

I have all the released seasons on DVD so it's more convenient to watch them on my DVD, but I do like the occasional random episode on USA there def should be more!

#12 Monksuperfan1234

Monksuperfan1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

Ok i agree whats with USA my two favorite shows are monk and psych i like SVU too but not as much as monk and psych.
They have almost completley stopped running monk and psych was never on to begin with. Now i find out that monk's final season is in summer 09 i am depressed and very very ticked off at the same time.
If it is because the CEO's didn't renew it then PETITION!!! whenever you turn on USA now its either House which is on like 8 times a day or NCIS which is on about 6 times a day and both of those shows are ones i don't particularlly enjoy i would MUCHrather see Monk, Psych, or SVU.

#13 luvluvluvsvu

luvluvluvsvu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

Yeah!!! In the summer it was on all the time then sunkool started and it stoped i blame sunkool but yeah... I agree with sexy toaster DVDs rule and you can get sum off of iTunes and I watch them all the times the most play of mine is Season 2 Stalked with 23 plays!! lol it never gets old!!!
i'm not going to write on here anymore
bye
2/28/09

#14 mfields5591

mfields5591

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

This is really effed up. Law and Order SVU is my favorite show ever and I used to watch the reruns everyday. Then they started coming on less and less frequently. I tried to write an email to USA but it failed or something. I just want Law and Order SVU to start back up. I hate NCIS and House!!!

#15 svuluver101

svuluver101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

hey. i just wanted to let everybody know that there is a svu marathon on friday jan. 2nd on usa. starting at 8am central time.

#16 arabesque

arabesque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

hey. i just wanted to let everybody know that there is a svu marathon on friday jan. 2nd on usa. starting at 8am central time.

Thanks--I guess that means I better work that into my schedule now. I'm thinking Friday sounds like an excellent day to stay home from work--ah, the advantages of working for a university where they send everyone home for a week off.
Thanks to ITPROF4U for the banner!

http://www.svufictio...ry.php?sid=5946

#17 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

ah, the advantages of working for a university where they send everyone home for a week off.

I hear that. They closed the studio down between Christmas and New Year's, so I'm off until Monday. :) I'll have to set my DVR to record the marathon since I'm taking a drive up the coast on Friday.

#18 DeliviaIStheWAYitSHOULDbe

DeliviaIStheWAYitSHOULDbe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

Thanks--I guess that means I better work that into my schedule now. I'm thinking Friday sounds like an excellent day to stay home from work--ah, the advantages of working for a university where they send everyone home for a week off.

I have a job interview Friday (wish me luck - 2009 may be getting off to an awesome start), but I will not miss this marathon. I need my SVU reruns. I tried watching the House marathon last Sunday, and the cases are very interesting, but House is not worth me making this show must see. The guy is unwatchable for me. He's a collossal jackass (I guess it's part of why people love him), and I don't find him interesting at all. I can't believe people actually want Cuddy with him. Why?! It makes no sense. Anywhoo, I won't have House forced on me. During the winter months (it gets frightenly cold here in Chicago), I will watch Tennis (the Tennis Channels rocks). I will NOT watch House as a habit. I want SVU back! At least a few days a week.

ANDREA
DEAN PORTER IS LUV

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved