• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 klgmroove

klgmroove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:36 PM

I'm half way through watching the first episode of The Starter Wife (thank you, TiVO) and I'm contemplating not even finishing. The new Kenny is awful!!!

I'm sure he's not a terrible actor in his own right, but he is completely wrong for the role and not at all believable as a former Hollywood executive. Thus far he's displayed no backbone whatsoever...I just cringe whenever I see him in a scene. Peter Jacobson has a great gig on House now, and I do love him as an actor, but is it really that hard to find another nebbishy, balding, not-so-tall guy? Seriously.

Without the counterpoint of an appropriate ex-husband, the whole Starter Wife concept is kind of stupid. Poor Debra Messing. What a disappointment.

#2 nigaude

nigaude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:50 AM

I agree with all of you and I hope the writers and producers read these comments.

What a complete disappointment - especially after the huge build up and two marathons to catch up if you didn't watch the mini-series.

I do like the little trophy wife of the sports star. But she won't last.

#3 Missimpossible

Missimpossible

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

I'm half way through watching the first episode of The Starter Wife (thank you, TiVO) and I'm contemplating not even finishing. The new Kenny is awful!!!

I'm sure he's not a terrible actor in his own right, but he is completely wrong for the role and not at all believable as a former Hollywood executive. Thus far he's displayed no backbone whatsoever...I just cringe whenever I see him in a scene. Peter Jacobson has a great gig on House now, and I do love him as an actor, but is it really that hard to find another nebbishy, balding, not-so-tall guy? Seriously.

Without the counterpoint of an appropriate ex-husband, the whole Starter Wife concept is kind of stupid. Poor Debra Messing. What a disappointment.

Ditto! Old Kenny was an a-hole, arrogant egotist - but a marketing genius. The new Kenny is a driveling idiot, he's just not believable as a former studio big shot.

#4 delainakd

delainakd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

i agree! The new kenny is GAWD AWFUL!!!! and the rest of the new cast is almost as bad... we were excited to watch the new season, but this was a TOTAL disappointment.

#5 StarterWife3

StarterWife3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

I feel so bad because i have not had anything positive to say about this show. It was ok last season, but it was a mini series not a pilot series. They should have just left it alone. I hope they dont continue to shove this show down our throats till this season is over. I cant take repeats of something this bad. Please don't do that to us. I just feel its a wastes of good quility air time.

#6 gprawlings

gprawlings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

i agree! The new kenny is GAWD AWFUL!!!! and the rest of the new cast is almost as bad... we were excited to watch the new season, but this was a TOTAL disappointment.

Oct 18 2008 11:54pm Iagree! Where are the original people? and the cute homeless guy? Are you guys starting over or what? This new cast sucks! I don't think you gave it enough time to work. Bring back the homeless guy and the beach. Molly and Joan are great and Joan's new love interest is good too! GPR.

#7 ypadgett

ypadgett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

I agree the new Kenny is totally wrong! That's the reason I came to this message board was to give you this feedback. Bring the other guy back, he had the ICK factor that character needs. Plus the cute surfer is missed ???? And Kenny's Boss ? What gives ??? When you have a good thing, dont mess with it.

#8 caliglam

caliglam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

#9 france27

france27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

Thanks to DVR I was able to see season 1 but i did think that the old Kenney was out of Mollys league, I thought maybe that is why the producers of the show decided to bring this kenney along to give more of a competition against Molly's character. I do hope this series does well Debra Messing's a great acctress.

Edited by france27, 19 October 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#10 genig1

genig1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

In another post it was explained that Sam(homeless guy) is now starring in HBO's new show True Blood. Also, they are kind of starting over, this ws filmed in Australia last year and now it is back here, thats why there are so many changes. I agree with everyone that Kenny is all wrong, and that the first show was a real disappointment. But I love Debra Messing and hope that they can turn it around and give it the same substance it had last year. Also, I hope Liz sticks around I like her.

Oct 18 2008 11:54pm Iagree! Where are the original people? and the cute homeless guy? Are you guys starting over or what? This new cast sucks! I don't think you gave it enough time to work. Bring back the homeless guy and the beach. Molly and Joan are great and Joan's new love interest is good too! GPR.

#11 MsMom

MsMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:23 AM

I have to agree that the new "Kenny" really sucks! I wish they'd bring the old Kenny back. :P

#12 judithcatherine

judithcatherine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

What a disappointment that they changed the Kenny actor and the entire personality of the character.

#13 ladyredcat3

ladyredcat3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

OMG!! I bowl on a Friday night league so I have to record the episodes on my DVR and watch them when I have time. Since USA takes so long to air the next season it took me awhile to figure out that something just didn't look right about this season. Now I know what it is....you all are right. The new Kenny is all wrong. Granted he is wimpy like the other one but he needs to be shorter and have less hair. And yes be the washed up Hollywood producer who thinks he's still all that. Molly walks all over this one like he's a door mat. Please! At least they could get someone better. Thanks for letting me vent. :P
Although Joan is still full of piss and vinegar as usual, got to love her!!

PS: Hey USA....where the heck are the new seasons of The Dead Zone and The 4400 by the way??? Yeah I know wrong forum but geesh I have been wating forever!!!!

=^..^= Meow
Ladyredcat3

#14 Stacy413

Stacy413

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

Yeah right, whats with the new Kenny? Not a good fit at all.

#15 TXhappywife

TXhappywife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

I have to agree with the posts on here that the new Kenny is totally wrong for the part. The whole concept from the previous series seemed that Kenny over-powered Molly. He was a "baller" in the Hollywood biz and introduced Molly to a life of luxury. The new Kenny has no backbone and Molly's character hands-down is more superior then he is (even though she is a struggling writer). The new Kenny seems like he is "starting over" with his crying and carrying on. He is weak and so not the Kenny Kegan that was in the previous series that was a determined jerk to make himself "seem" like the better person no matter what the cost. :angry:

What ever happened to the old security guard and her mom? :huh:

Cricket? I really liked her character. Did she ever have her baby? How did her marriage work out?

Sam - oh, how we miss Sam. The ending to his character kind of let me down. However, Molly's new interest, the writing instructor, Zach, plays a good role. Where is Kenny's old boss, Lou?

And props to Joan. I love her sarcasm. Her and her alcoholic re-hab junkie add for a good laugh. :lol:

#16 wally

wally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

I agree with all the posts about Kenny. I don't like how good looking he is, sorry to the old Kenny. It's not as believable. I was bummed when I saw the 1st new episode and the new Kenny. He's too wussy.
There was no mention of Cricket or Lavender either. I do like the show, it has lots of possibilities and the bonus is seeing Debra on tv again.

#17 Dodi

Dodi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

:angry:
Maybe they're trying to make it into a regular sitcom like Will & Grace.
Wahhhhhhh :o

#18 TVrules

TVrules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

DITTO to these comments. I guess the producers of this show think us girls need tall, dark and handsome instead of a good show.

#19 PSR

PSR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

I can't stand the Kenny either...the other one was perfect for the storyline and everything. The new one is not believable. I am so disappointed in the series after watching the awesome mini-series! Where is Cricket and that whole part of the story????

Edited by PSR, 26 October 2008 - 08:52 AM.

#20 MonkShowLovers

MonkShowLovers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:36 PM

I couldn't hate the new Kenny. I actually liked him. Emotionally, I found myself hoping they would get together, again. Who wouldn't want to get back with such a hunk who was turning out to be a good father and who had a sense of humor? Boy, that actor was good. The Kenny actor was like Damian Lewis when he starred as Soames Forsyte in The Forsyte Saga on Masterpiece Theatre. I couldn't buy into it that Irene wouldn't fall for Damian as Soames. The guy was hot and smoldering. He kept it all inside, but it was there. Irene lost me. I just wanted a happy ending for Saomes, and could care less what happened to whining, unappreciative Irene. (storywise, hoping he didn't beat her or anything--only watched parts and not the whole thing--too bummed out they weren't going to get together) When Damian Lewis showed up, starring in LIFE, I was ecstatic. It became my most favorite show, all because of Damian Lewis.

Back to the new Kenny, all the other men are pale compared to him.

Houston/writers, we have a problem!

Edited by MonkShowLovers, 26 October 2008 - 08:37 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved