12 replies to this topic

#1 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

... I miss Teresa's episode reviews ... writing them must've been time consuming and a lot of hard work, but I do miss them and appreciate Teresa for all the reviews and interviews she's conducted and posted and for being a great "Monk" fan!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 spinner

spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

You know, I really miss them too. Teresa did such wonderful reviews of the episodes! It was almost like rewatching the show. :)

Thank You, Teresa!!

Edited by spinner, 18 September 2008 - 03:47 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#3 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Wow. Thanks. I just haven't been able to make the time this season. I've been busy with my real job and a couple of other projects. Eventually I'll get around to reviewing every single episode.

I do have a couple of interviews in the pipeline. One is with Ernie Grunwald who played the Vampire Manager in 100th Case and the other is with Anne Marie Howard who played the Newswoman in Hypnotized. I should have those ready in the next day or two.

You know who I really miss? The Coyote.

and Fan4sure

and MonsterMonkMaven

and Hallie

and Jenn of Ohio

and a bunch of other posters who are apparently even busier than I am.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#4 extex2

extex2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Wow. Thanks. I just haven't been able to make the time this season. I've been busy with my real job and a couple of other projects. Eventually I'll get around to reviewing every single episode.

I do have a couple of interviews in the pipeline. One is with Ernie Grunwald who played the Vampire Manager in 100th Case and the other is with Anne Marie Howard who played the Newswoman in Hypnotized. I should have those ready in the next day or two.

and Fan4sure

and MonsterMonkMaven

and Hallie

and Jenn of Ohio

The list goes on and on...............
e

#5 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

... I miss Teresa's episode reviews ... writing them must've been time consuming and a lot of hard work, but I do miss them and appreciate Teresa for all the reviews and interviews she's conducted and posted and for being a great "Monk" fan!

and Fan4sure

and MonsterMonkMaven

and Hallie

and Jenn of Ohio

Those were good times, really good times when the board was jumping with tons of laughter and loads of discussions, pun wars and mooning out the window!

I miss Liv too. Her insights coupled with Teresa's reviews were thought provoking, interesting and good reading. Made for some wonderful discussions.

Whatever happened to LisaAnne's kids discovering Monk's territory?

Where are you guys?

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#6 markhnd20

markhnd20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

what ever happened to bubba

#7 LovAdrian

LovAdrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

I miss Natalie caressing Adrian's face. I don't remember her doing that since "on the run". For me, it's a long time. :P
LovAdrian.

Now that Monk is about to leave...

...Am I crying? 'Cause it feels like I'm crying all the time...
... I'm gonna be all alone. What a time to be me...

Monk: Tell me what to do.
Randy: I can't do that.
Monk: Well, can you find somebody who will tell me what to do?

Natalie:
So, Mr. Monk, what do you want for Christmas?
Monk: A miracle.

#8 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Those were good times, really good times when the board was jumping with tons of laughter and loads of discussions, pun wars and mooning out the window!

I miss Liv too. Her insights coupled with Teresa's reviews were thought provoking, interesting and good reading. Made for some wonderful discussions.

Whatever happened to LisaAnne's kids discovering Monk's territory?

Where are you guys?

Thanks. It's gotten a bit harder to make time for the board lately, though. I have been recently spending a lot of my time between trying to complete something that I *may* send to Raven as a gift for Tony's care package (or I may not, since it's kind of a strange thing to give as a birthday gift, especially in October, but I'm sort of stumped here), having to start early on Christmas gifts/projects, since I don't buy Christmas gifts for most people, but make them, and recently finding out that my son has a *lot* of reading to catch up on in the next week or so if he wants to earn enough Accelerated reader points to be able to go to the AR party, and because he has reading comprehension issues, I am having to read severeral books with/to him. I have just recently been introduced to the 'Goosebumps' series, and was very, very unimpressed. But I did enjoy 'Because of Winn-Dixie' immensely, and I am looking forward to re-reading 'Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing' again with him. I am also hoping that I can find some of the boxes of books I left in my parents' attic ages ago, because I think he would really enjoy 'Bunnicula', 'Howliday Inn' and 'The Celery Stalks At Midnight'. I guess I have to admit that I usually enjoy books written for younger audiences more than most of the fiction written for adults these days.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#9 raven1_4

raven1_4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

Liv, is your son too old for The Cricket in Times Square? That is such a charming story, with the added bonus of after reading it, you can listen to Tony read it, too. ;)

#10 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

Jerry asked me to post this:

JERRY: "I did read Teresa's kind post through Marion's link. It was like old times
reading the posts on that thread from Tami, Extex and all the others! I
really like those folks on the Monk board but "the real world" of working to
pay the bills keeps getting in the way, plus my computer's getting older and less
reliable.

Actually I've seen every MONK episode this season. Except just half each of
the last two- because of my work schedule. Most were pretty good, even
though I miss Dr. Kroger.
I hope to rejoin everyone someday soon. Wish them all well for me. And thank
Teresa for remembering! I do remember her detailed write-ups of each show.
You can reassure them that Hallie, Kathy and Mihoko are all OK too."

Edited by metacomet, 25 September 2008 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#11 fan4sure2

fan4sure2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

...You know who I really miss? The Coyote.

and Fan4sure

and MonsterMonkMaven

and Hallie

and Jenn of Ohio

And fan4sure misses everyone and everything about the message board, especially being able to post.

The ‘new and improved’ message board won’t let her log on any more. She’s been pouting ever since and hasn’t been visiting here nearly as much as she did in the past. The upside is that her house is really clean and organized now that she doesn’t spend as much time on the message board.

Fan4sure is very stubborn. She refused to post with a new name and be labeled a ‘stranger.’ Instead, she waited patiently and tried again . . . and again . . . and again, but no luck. She tried not to take it personally or get upset. “These things happen,” she told herself as she played with her special green yo-yo, “Someday the message board will be fixed,” she said confidently.

She tried to sneak on the MMMTB, but someone changed the secret password and she couldn’t get in. And that new bouncer at the front door cannot be bribed, even with the lure of his very own customized Monk South Park poster or a really cool bookmark.

The nose prints you may occasionally notice on the outside of the bus windows mostly belong to her. She stops by every once in awhile to peek in and watch all the fun. She knows it makes Monk crazy when she messes up the windows, but that’s the only way she can get a good view.

Someone told her about the Petition to save the show and she wanted to add her name along with the others. Although she might not be able to ride the bus anymore or post on the message board, fan4sure wanted me to say that she’ll always be here in spirit. Maybe someday, she’ll be back. There’s always hope. That’s what hopes are for.

And the fact that she saw someone else sitting in her seat on the bus doesn’t seem to bother her at all any more. Really, hardly any. Uh, oh . . . I spoke too soon . . . gosh, now she’s crying again. Anyone got a wipe?

As soon as she can compose herself, she’s heading over to the Petition thread to post there before the deadline.

#12 MonsterMonkMaven

MonsterMonkMaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

Hello to my friends!

Just dropping by quickly first to thank Teresa for remembering me and MetaComet (Marion) for her kindness in agreeing to "be my secretary" in posting for me.

It took quite a bit of doing (and a new password!) to get on this retooled board.

I've enjoyed MONK this season, and hope to post more regularly in the future.

Have I posted overall an odd or even number of times?

New phobia...hmmm....snakes, milk, ants, odd number of posts...

Jerry

#13 memebeck49

memebeck49

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:53 AM

Hello to my friends!

Just dropping by quickly first to thank Teresa for remembering me and MetaComet (Marion) for her kindness in agreeing to "be my secretary" in posting for me.

It took quite a bit of doing (and a new password!) to get on this retooled board.

I've enjoyed MONK this season, and hope to post more regularly in the future.

Have I posted overall an odd or even number of times?

New phobia...hmmm....snakes, milk, ants, odd number of posts...

Jerry

Hi, Jer-ry !!! (wavin' at ya)

It is I, meme, um, you know, memebeck. :D

Sure have missed ya around here. Glad to see ya back!!! Hope you can hang out here a little more often. Things are a bit different than they used to be, but--- Still lots of fun here.

Mihoko stopped by briefly a while ago. Nice to see her again, too. Haven't seen Hallie in a loooooong time. Guess I'm gonna have to get a couple of firefighters wearing suspenders to come ride the Bus with us. That'll get Hallie back for sure. :lol: Skye was here briefly, too, back in April. I think she retired to the rubber room. Hopefully not for good.
Neatfreak is back---sly devil changed his name, but we'd recognize that Mudblaster anywhere. Haven't seen Art, and really miss his juke box music. We've had a few parties where we coulda used his dance hits.

We have, however, gained new friends in your absence. They're all "good peoples" and I'm sure you'll love what they've done with the place. :)

Meme

Pssssst-fan4sure2 Glad that fan4sure got a secretary to keep us "posted" on fan4sure's goings on. :lol: Now, if we can just get the Bus to go gather up a few of our other "lost" friends, the new times will be kinda like the old times.

Anybody up for a bit of singing around the campfire?

Ooooo--look, I'm a Pooh-bah!!! Yowser!!!

Edited by memebeck49, 26 September 2008 - 05:55 AM.

The fact that I despise him would always come between us.

What do you think, Adrian?
I stopped thinking an hour and a half ago.

You're pretty damn good when the toilet seat's down.

I should have stabbed him in his particulars when I had the chance.

I got a feeling about this and it ain't bueno.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved