8 replies to this topic

#1 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

Here's a News@FIU article & photo from when BN was filmed at FIU (Florida International University) in July, for epi 2.8 Double Booked:

"Burn Notice" brings lights, camera, action to campus

Posted Image
Posted September 10th, 2008

On a sizzling hot morning in July, FIU students gaped as paramedics rushed a woman on a gurney out of the new College of Business Administration building and into a waiting ambulance. The ambulance took off, lights flashing and siren wailing, for a few feet toward the Tamiami Street exit. Suddenly a voice crackled out: "Cut!"

The dramatic scene, thankfully, was all staged. For one day this summer, FIU's University Park campus was transformed into a living Hollywood studio as USA Network's hit show "Burn Notice" filmed Season 2 Episode 8 on campus.

The irreverent action-comedy tells the story of Special-Ops trained spy Michael Westen, who gets an unexplained "burn notice" from CIA, cutting all ties to him. The show is set in Miami and has been filming around South Florida.

The crew descended on FIU at 4 a.m. with an enormous catering truck that served up food made-to-order. By 6 a.m., nearly 100 production crew members and actor extras began arriving. They stayed until after dark, taking up two parking lots and filming outside the College of Law building, the Ryder Business Building and in the green space at the Tamiami Street entrance.

The new College of Business Administration's Office Depot Student Center was the focal point, transformed with a few strategically placed signs into a museum. For one scene, the actors and cameramen all climbed on top of the building.

Classes and university life continued as normal during the shoot. At times, unknowing students would wander right through the "set," without realizing the guy standing on the corner was actually one of the show's extras.

Along with delivering up plenty of chic – yes, the show's stars Jeffrey Donovan and Gabrielle Anwar were here and they're both gorgeous — the shoots bring in some money. FIU charges a base fee of $5,000 for location shoots with additional costs depending on the duration and the manpower required to manage the shooting.

Marketing executive assistant Michelle Moreno, who graduates in December with an education degree, coordinated the shoot along with Marketing Associate Director Eddie Merille '97, MBA '00. Moreno, who was issued her own walkie-talkie to communicate with the production chief, got to meet Anwar and stunt doubles for the two stars. Merille got his photo taken with Bruce Campbell, who plays Donovan's sidekick.

"It was really fascinating," Moreno said. "I never knew so much went into seven minutes of air time and it took so many people."

The episode airs XXX.

–Deborah O'Neil

713siggysmuse.png

#2 evelina69

evelina69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. I loved reading that article and well.. the picture is great as well. Its really cool to get a look at what filming is like.

#3 soflajeremy

soflajeremy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. I loved reading that article and well.. the picture is great as well. Its really cool to get a look at what filming is like.

Nice

#4 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

Here's a News@FIU article & photo from when BN was filmed at FIU (Florida International University) in July, for epi 2.8 Double Booked:

Wow, thanks NatashaFatale!! This photo was really cool for a number of reasons.

1. It's a high quality image and I can get a very good look at GA's belt purse. LOL
2. Jeffrey Donovan looks incredibly handsome
3. the guy in the foreground with his little sun/fishing hat and carrying all that equipment on him - wow, I wonder who that is and what he's doing? Do you think that's Artie Malesci, the stunt coordinator?

*Philippa strikes an enquiring mind pose*
Posted Image

#5 JennaV

JennaV

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

1. It's a high quality image and I can get a very good look at GA's belt purse. LOL

Cracking up here...love your attention to detail, Phi! :P LOL

Maybe the guy with all the beltage is the one who carries the sound equipment or additional lighting or something???? We need a film major on this forum...

#6 tixus

tixus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

A college episode? Awesome. Maybe it'll be easy to connect with this one.

#7 elisetx

elisetx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

Great post! Love to read any new news about the show. :rolleyes:

#8 LGia19

LGia19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Natasha - great find - love the pic.

Phillipa - as soon as I saw the picture (before seeing your post) i thought oooh I hope Phillipa sees this cause the purse is in clear view !! Lol!!

and MrDonovan looks so cool even in the Florida roastin' sun and long sleeves too!!

Peace

#9 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

Those are some pretty composed students. I'd have been so into JD's face, they'd have to peel me of him like OJ's glove. LOL!!! Actually, I'd probably been too shy to do anything but gawk. 

Edited by vestokes, 11 September 2008 - 06:01 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved