33 replies to this topic

#1 NataliesBuddy

NataliesBuddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

I would love to see this...

Natalie is called away on an emergency and with no other option available must leave Julie with Monk. Due to circumstances, Julie must assist Monk in a murder case.

I think it'd be cool...

#2 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

I would love to see this...

Natalie is called away on an emergency and with no other option available must leave Julie with Monk. Due to circumstances, Julie must assist Monk in a murder case.

I think it'd be cool...

Yeah that would be cool but how about this. As we know Natalie (mostly in season 3 and 4) got into trouble...like: she was kiddnaped or killed a guy in self defence. But what about Julie? We know she's now 17. Maybe she should get into little trouble too... any ideas what kind of trouble it could've been? I've a few... like bad company, gang... or something like this..

Edited by alex455, 06 September 2008 - 02:32 PM.

#3 NataliesBuddy

NataliesBuddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

Yeah that would be cool but how about this. As we know Natalie (mostly in season 3 and 4) got into trouble...like: she was kiddnaped or killed a guy in self defence. But what about Julie? We know she's now 17. Maybe she should get into little trouble too... any ideas what kind of trouble it could've been? I've a few... like bad company, gang... or something like this..

Yes, that'd be interesting, too. Although I am not thrilled with the idea of her joining a bad gang. It's been done. Now, if she in some way crossed such a gang in some way...

#4 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yes -- there's a lot of interest in an episode like that.

I think it might be interesting if something happens to Julie, and everyone assumes it had something to do with the fact that her mother worked for Monk. There would be a lot of feelings to be dealt with in that... Monk would feel guilty -- Natalie might think she made the wrong decision to work for him. It would stress everybody.

But then it would be great if they realized there was another cause -- like Julie was in the wrong place at the wrong time (I really don't want to see Julie get into trouble), and they could play up what having Monk in their lives has meant for the Teegers. Just a thought.

I know I'd watch it... but then again, I watch them all anyway.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...
and sometimes that's the way to go.

#5 CrystalSmith

CrystalSmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

I think it would be a great idea to have Julie temp for Monk, at least once, but maybe when she's older. She's got too much 'baby' Julie going for her at the moment.
"Me fail English. That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons

"No. They're not. No, never going there. Certainly not going there in the books. I don't think Andy has any intention of going there in the series either. I don't think he did with Sharona either."
-Lee Goldberg on MFP when asked if there were seeds of romance in the Monk/Natalie relationship.

"Well, Natalie is affectionate. Sharona never was. Nataile will hug Monk, she'll kiss him, she'll caress him, she'll take his hand. She treats him like a loving brother. Not as...you know he's still Mr. Monk, she still refers to him as Mr. Monk, but she has an enormous amount of tenderness toward him that Sharona may have kind of hidden in abrasiveness. But it's not sexual and it's not romantic. I still believe that Natalie has grown to love Monk, but as you love an irritating brother or step sibling."
-From MFP interview with Lee Goldberg, Monk series writer and author of Monk novels, when asked why some fans see romance when it's not there.

#6 monkrules_4

monkrules_4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

Yes -- there's a lot of interest in an episode like that.

I think it might be interesting if something happens to Julie, and everyone assumes it had something to do with the fact that her mother worked for Monk. There would be a lot of feelings to be dealt with in that... Monk would feel guilty -- Natalie might think she made the wrong decision to work for him. It would stress everybody.

But then it would be great if they realized there was another cause -- like Julie was in the wrong place at the wrong time (I really don't want to see Julie get into trouble), and they could play up what having Monk in their lives has meant for the Teegers. Just a thought.

I know I'd watch it... but then again, I watch them all anyway.

I like your idea. Lets hope the writers are paying attention to it as well.
I really wouldn't like to see our little Julie get into trouble, join a gang, etc. Maybe she can just be a good kid who grows up to be a good police officer.

#7 Monk_o_phile

Monk_o_phile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

That would be SUCH a cool episode
I don't know if I would necessarily like seeing Julie get into trouble, but I would love to see her help Monk with a case. I saw that they had a close connection when Mr. Monk was talking to Julie about her new boyfriend, so I think it would be awesome to see her stay with him and help him
Don't eat the food! I just saw four models back there throwing up!

Pete and Repeat are on a boat. Pete falls off, who's left?

Who ordered the tossed salad? Hehehehe

It's a one. Now it's a two. Oh my god... it's a three!

#8 TrudyYours

TrudyYours

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

FYI this is actually bunniesnMONKies but I'm under my friend's account. I think a great episode would be where Natalie would have to go to her parent's house for a few days to a week, because they've been startled by a theft. Julie would then be left with Monk for several days, because she has school. Natalie wants Monk to solve the theft at the Davenport's, but Stottlemeyer needs Monk for an actual murder back in San Fran. Natalie tells Julie "don't let anything happen to him!" Monk has been becoming anxious because of the thought of being separated from Natalie, plus the department seems to depend on him more and has hinted at reenstatement.
While Monk returns to the site of the murder, the murderer appears again, and tries to fire some shots. Julie remembers Natalie's words "don't let anything happen to him" so she bravely stands in between the gun and Monk. But the bullet explodes in midair, several feet away from Julie, leaving her unscathed. Although obviously the bullet was defective, Monk realizes this is an attempt at another murder, of himself.
He fears for his safety, and Julie's so they set out (with Julie driving) for the Davenports. On the way, Julie has to deal with Monk freaking out at some dirty rest stops. Natalie's parents are on the way from recovering from the theft, and they have calmed down, but few new developments have come from Natalie's stay. Monk asks Natalie what has been stolen, and among valuables, a large case of toothpaste has also been stolen (the Davenports own a toothpaste company according to the Monk books). Monk realizes that only toothpaste manufactured on blahblahblah date, from blahblahblah plant have been stolen. Coincidentally, they did not make it past a safety test, because the testers suffered ill effects.
Julie spills soda by mistake on the carpet, and Monk forces the Davenports to get a new one. As he inspects the carpet, he finds a fine, gray powder. He figures that the powder was in the stolen toothpaste. Monk does a chemical test, and discovers that the same toxic + flammable chemical was in the exploded bullet aimed at him. He concludes that whoever fired the bullet worked at the toothpaste plant, and was able to put the powder in a specific batch. The man assumed it would be sent to a warehouse, where he could have access to it, but instead, it was sent to the Davenport's. The man wished to send the tainted box to a jail, where he could get revenge on one of his enemies. But he ended up winding up in jail, thanks to Monk's detective skils. He wanted to kill Monk, because Monk had him locked up several years ago.
Once all is said and done, Julie has to return to school. She missed Senior skip day, and the principal threatens to suspend any student who wasn't present that day. But the police department explains, and Julie is awarded a Medal of Freedom at a school assembly.
"Life is more than just how many breaths you take--it's the moments that take your breath away."
~ Julianne Hough in A Hallelujah Song

The past was. Tomorrow may be. Only today is.

The answers will come if you're there to greet them.

#9 crazychrismonker

crazychrismonker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

If they wanted to try the equivalent of a Very Special Episode, they could set up a situation where she herself kills the victim. It would, to be fair, be enitrely accidental: the person in question is a thug who almost killed an innocent and runs out in front of her car before she can stop and thus gets plowed flatter than a piece of paper. Despite this, she's terrified of what the results might be once and if Monk finds out exactly what happened and heads for the hills. How does it end? Everyone probably has a different answer on what might be best.

I'm not pyschotic or abusive, believe me, but I would like to see one moment on air where she actually is in genuine danger, simply because they haven't tried it yet and it would present Monk with a tricky dilemma to overcome. Given how much Andy Breckman very understandably doesn't like endangering children, we probably won't see it, but I think the thought that it potentially could happen, perhaps as he gets closer to Trudy's killers and they get more nervous, is by and of itself perhaps unnerving enough.

#10 jujumagumbo_deleted

jujumagumbo_deleted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:18 AM

^Maybe next year when she becomes a legal adult, she could get into some danger. She doesn't look like a kid anymore. Maybe they could do something with her high-school graduation, hmm? That could be her focus episode for that season.

#11 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

^Maybe next year when she becomes a legal adult, she could get into some danger. She doesn't look like a kid anymore. Maybe they could do something with her high-school graduation, hmm? That could be her focus episode for that season.

High school graduation? How's this...

The high school valedictorian from Julie's school is murdered. Or maybe an attempted murder, if you don't want to actually (fictionally) kill a high schooler. Disher suggests that is was the salutatorian, and everyone makes fun of his Disher theory. Only as the evidence comes in, it all points to the salutatorian -- which happens to be Julie.

#12 Heres_What_Happened_100

Heres_What_Happened_100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

I do hope they give Emmy Clarke a little bit more, she is a talented girl. She should be going off to college soon, it would tear Monk apart if she went to UC Berkeley! I dunno, but if she was somehow tied in with Trudy's murder and put in danger, it would be very interesting.

#13 TwoWolves

TwoWolves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

High school graduation? How's this...

The high school valedictorian from Julie's school is murdered. Or maybe an attempted murder, if you don't want to actually (fictionally) kill a high schooler. Disher suggests that is was the salutatorian, and everyone makes fun of his Disher theory. Only as the evidence comes in, it all points to the salutatorian -- which happens to be Julie.

Here's what happened....the valedictorian was found dead and everyone suspects Julie because she needs the valedictorian credit to get into Vasser. But Monk suspects the Chemistry teacher who might have been molesting her, the janitor who has a history of mental illness and the gym teacher who is a closet lesbian (that covers most of the sterotypes)

But it turns out she

A. died from Bulemia so we have a morality tale and Monk can say "if only she had met Dr. Kroger this could have been avoided"
B. Ate some bad food in the school cafeteria so Monk can tell Natalie "I warned you about expiration dates and u think I'm crazy"
C. Mixed the wrong chemicals in her chemistry class because she really wasn't as smart as people thought she was.....she had to do it because her genius partner was sick that day and he was the one she had seduced into doing her work for her. She's exposed as a cheat, liar and a tramp......Julie is vindicated and goes on to graduate valadictorian at Vasser.

HOOORAY FOR JULIE!

"all right let's not get all conjugal here"

#14 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

Here's what happened....the valedictorian was found dead and everyone suspects Julie because she needs the valedictorian credit to get into Vasser. But Monk suspects the Chemistry teacher who might have been molesting her, the janitor who has a history of mental illness and the gym teacher who is a closet lesbian (that covers most of the sterotypes)

But it turns out she

A. died from Bulemia so we have a morality tale and Monk can say "if only she had met Dr. Kroger this could have been avoided"
B. Ate some bad food in the school cafeteria so Monk can tell Natalie "I warned you about expiration dates and u think I'm crazy"
C. Mixed the wrong chemicals in her chemistry class because she really wasn't as smart as people thought she was.....she had to do it because her genius partner was sick that day and he was the one she had seduced into doing her work for her. She's exposed as a cheat, liar and a tramp......Julie is vindicated and goes on to graduate valadictorian at Vasser.

HOOORAY FOR JULIE!

No -- it was actual the valedictorian who set the whole thing up -- just crying out for attention, and in a vain attempt to get her estranged parents back together.

But during the investigation, the father of the valedictorian kills his mistress -- no motive -- just another excuse for Monk to say "sex mistress" again. Oh, and Randy removes his shirt.

#15 NataliesBuddy

NataliesBuddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

Well, I prefer my idea of Julie supplying the wipes ("The cost of these wipes is coming out of my allowance, Mr. Monk, and Mom isn't the most generous on allowances. I need paid.") rather than Julie is suspected for a murder. Though that does have interesting possibilities...

#16 Chacal

Chacal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

Maybe Julie could solve a crime herself? I really enjoyed that episode where Benji with Monk solved a 'vacation' case together..
A valedictorian is killed. Everyone in Julie's class suspects their math teacher -the evil valedictorian was always making laughs of him. Julie tells mom. Mom says to tell Monk. Monk is too busy - (a bird flew through his window that day and made a poo on his carpet, so he was busy of burning down that carpet and reburning the ashes) tells to ask SFPD. SFPD is making laughs of Julie. Julie is up to solve the case herself (we can see a lot of her quirks as well).

#17 TwoWolves

TwoWolves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

No -- it was actual the valedictorian who set the whole thing up -- just crying out for attention, and in a vain attempt to get her estranged parents back together.

But during the investigation, the father of the valedictorian kills his mistress -- no motive -- just another excuse for Monk to say "sex mistress" again. Oh, and Randy removes his shirt.

Poor Wolves pounds his hands on his desk laughing hysterically then bangs his head against the wall in frustration being bested once again by his arch adversary "Madame Bflogal" ......but why oh why he wails does Randy have to remove his shirt yet again!

#18 CrystalSmith

CrystalSmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

Yes, please...except at a high school, it would seem a little creepy. :blink:
And Julie's still a baby in my book, she can put off being subjected to dead bodies until she's in college, or maybe out of it...for a few years. Or more.
"Me fail English. That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons

"No. They're not. No, never going there. Certainly not going there in the books. I don't think Andy has any intention of going there in the series either. I don't think he did with Sharona either."
-Lee Goldberg on MFP when asked if there were seeds of romance in the Monk/Natalie relationship.

"Well, Natalie is affectionate. Sharona never was. Nataile will hug Monk, she'll kiss him, she'll caress him, she'll take his hand. She treats him like a loving brother. Not as...you know he's still Mr. Monk, she still refers to him as Mr. Monk, but she has an enormous amount of tenderness toward him that Sharona may have kind of hidden in abrasiveness. But it's not sexual and it's not romantic. I still believe that Natalie has grown to love Monk, but as you love an irritating brother or step sibling."
-From MFP interview with Lee Goldberg, Monk series writer and author of Monk novels, when asked why some fans see romance when it's not there.

#19 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

Poor Wolves pounds his hands on his desk laughing hysterically then bangs his head against the wall in frustration being bested once again by his arch adversary "Madame Bflogal" ......but why oh why he wails does Randy have to remove his shirt yet again!

Crystal pays me to write story lines where Randy removes his shirt.

You know... I don't think you're a real wolf....

#20 TwoWolves

TwoWolves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

Crystal pays me to write story lines where Randy removes his shirt.

You know... I don't think you're a real wolf....

You Don't :unsure: ??? You've never seen me eating a steak then! I have stacks of rolled up newspapers that Ms. Wolves used to hit me on the nose to train me......I won't even go into detail about the house breaking newspapers.

I blame living in a cave with other Wolves as a child.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved