• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Techincal

Techincal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

For the past two weeks without Burn Notice, I have been surprised, well, just last week, as I speculated that BN would be on at before and after its normal time slot...and it was!

BN reruns tend to be better than most first run shows, so no complaints, and it let's us catch up on things we missed. You know--clues!

I am glad I do have to say that the laugange, especially the G-D's are gone in the new season. They still say slang terms, but not to where anyone would be so offended. Kudos there.

I know I have blogged much on Michael's past, is he CIA, or not. Freelance, or not. I even shared with you that I saw a crawl on the news a week or so ago where a quarter of intelligence people are contract people.

But, in one of last night's 1st season episodes, Michael refers to "Tradecraft." Tradecraft is what you learn at the CIA, period. It's the bread and butter of spycraft.

Such rules are this:

DON'T--GET--CAUGHT!

If you do, lie. (Michael did that brilliantly with Ari Zamar last night).

Don't get complacent. (Young spies are taught to look under their cars, to be sure no put a bomb there. Assume you are being followed. Watched, etc. etc.).

Schmoooozing taken to an art form. Tradecraft trains you to look for people who might know something about the governmental goings-on, BUT, need help with something they are not getting in their country. That's where the U.S. is there to help them. (Of course, the reciprocol is valid with foreign spies looking to give an American somehting that their government has failed to give them, and the foreign spy is there to help. It's all very friendly).

I hope you enjoy these extra tid-bits of info, for your consideration and BTW's and FYI's.

Technical.......

#2 evelina69

evelina69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

Interesting info.

My only question is what are G-D's?

#3 mjwannabe

mjwannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

Interesting info.

My only question is what are G-D's?

I believe he means saying "goddamn". (It absolutely killed me just typing that, I hate that wording). But he's right I don't recall anyone saying that on the show so far this year.
The Whacked Out High Priestess of STOOPID (and part-time stupidity spiritual guide)

#4 JackDempsey

JackDempsey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

Someone should give Federer a Burn Notice. The son of a batch keeps winning.

#5 LGia19

LGia19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

Someone should give Federer a Burn Notice. The son of a batch keeps winning.

Lol Jack!! - Maybe Hanna Montana or Dick Cheney could make that happen for you! ;) !!
Peace

#6 JackDempsey

JackDempsey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

Someone should give Federer a Burn Notice so we can get back to watching the show.

#7 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

Well, at least the coverage of Federer, Les Williams, and the whole gang is moving to another network next summer, so presumably, no tennis interruptus for season three.

#8 AgentScooter

AgentScooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

Well, at least the coverage of Federer, Les Williams, and the whole gang is moving to another network next summer, so presumably, no tennis interruptus for season three.

Well, maybe I missed it, but do we know for sure there will be a season 3?

#9 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

HEY! . Lay off my boy ROGER FEDERER. :) the guy is a GOD in tennis. I am sorry you guys had to suffer through tennis to get to Burn Notice but you all have your DVD's to watch. And some players even watch Burn Notice.

#10 Techincal

Techincal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

HEY! . Lay off my boy ROGER FEDERER. :) the guy is a GOD in tennis. I am sorry you guys had to suffer through tennis to get to Burn Notice but you all have your DVD's to watch. And some players even watch Burn Notice.

Lulu,

Welcome back. Hope you had grand holiday away. But, all this tennis talk, what about there still being reruns of last years episodes? That is what was key.

Hey, we may in our little blog sphere here, assuming that Matt and company look in ocassionaly to see what's up and what's being said that helps them hone the storylines down to the poetry in motion the show is.

Look, if you will, what I myself brought to the table as far as information. And others did likewise. Working on my spy novel, as I am, had me do so much reserach, I swear I will be drooling uncontrolably by the time I finish. But, hopefully, my small contribution to the blog here, and others, does in fact help keep the show on its toes.

But, these short seasons have got to go. Talk about your teaser. ......Technical.....

#11 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

Well, maybe I missed it, but do we know for sure there will be a season 3?

The show hasn't been officially renewed, but given the ratings, I wouldn't think the issue is in much doubt.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved