• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Drea

Drea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:33 AM

Love the show. But... i live in Santa Barbara.... Seriously, One accurate picture would suffice.

#2 catcow

catcow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

I am lead to belive that they don't do shooting there because it cost more.

#3 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

Love the show. But... i live in Santa Barbara.... Seriously, One accurate picture would suffice.

Ashley I'm with you! I have worked in and around Santa Barbara for many years and I love it! I was really excited :D when I heard that the show was set in Santa Barbara. Imagine my shock :blink: when I couldn't place one single scene as being shot in Santa Barbara! Then I discovered that it is filmed in Canada! What's next? Trying to pass Bakersfield off as San Francisco? :(

#4 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:01 AM

I am lead to belive that they don't do shooting there because it cost more.

Is it COWCAT or CATCOW? Anyway, I don't think that the cost would be that much different. They have actually shot a lot of TV shows and Movies in and around Santa Barbara!

#5 catcow

catcow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

I know a few US tv show are show in Canada.
Here is a list or two.

Titles with locations including
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Here are the 46 matching titles:
And so on. The dead zone, Eureka and so on. I only assume the film there because of the money because what they say on the comitarys.

#6 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:54 AM

Cowcat, check this out:

Titles with locations including
Santa Barbara, California, USA

Here are the 212 matching titles:

#7 hannahshae

hannahshae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

it would not cost more because most of what they do is on a set and sets cost more to build than it would be to actually go to santa barbara and realize THERE IS NO SBU!!!!!!!!!!
grr.

Edited by hannahshae, 22 August 2008 - 11:54 AM.

#8 catcow

catcow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

Also Canada is less populated. (In some areas.) Little to no shows are filmed in the same location they take place! Also it makes jobs for people in set design and that stuff. It would be very cheap to make a movie where I live but I don't see anyone filming here. They do what the head guys tell them. It is like that with every job. Don't be so picky people!

#9 PAK31

PAK31

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

it would not cost more because most of what they do is on a set and sets cost more to build than it would be to actually go to santa barbara and realize THERE IS NO SBU!!!!!!!!!!
grr.

First of all, it's a t.v. show, so it's not real. if you look back at all the years of television, a show is based in a certain city but it's rarely if ever filmed there. At least they are using a real town name instead of a fake town like some shows do. Also, I really have heard that it IS cheaper to film in Canada, so if it wasn't why would the stars want to travel from L.A. or whatever to Canada to film?? I think people need to watch any show as if it is entertainment and not focus on what seems real or not. It's time to get away from reality when you watch a show anyway, right?? :)

#10 catcow

catcow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

First of all, it's a t.v. show, so it's not real. if you look back at all the years of television, a show is based in a certain city but it's rarely if ever filmed there. At least they are using a real town name instead of a fake town like some shows do. Also, I really have heard that it IS cheaper to film in Canada, so if it wasn't why would the stars want to travel from L.A. or whatever to Canada to film?? I think people need to watch any show as if it is entertainment and not focus on what seems real or not. It's time to get away from reality when you watch a show anyway, right?? :)

Totally Agree! 100%

#11 kivaperse

kivaperse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

hey at least the arial shots they do ARE SB...

#12 FanofDeliciousFlavor

FanofDeliciousFlavor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

I love this show, but I'm also a resident of Santa Barbara and I have to get in one "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S SO UNLIKE SB" each time I watch it. *shrugs* I know it's cheaper to film in Vancouver. (Anyone seen that episode of Supernatural where Dean makes a joke about Hollywood seeming kinda gray and rainy like Vancouver?) It doesn't bother me that they use entirely fictional names for schools, etc (SBU, anyone?), but that the scenery looks so incredibly different than the south coast of California. In The Greatest Adventure (this season) they're using a map of SB, and Cota street is located somewhere on the Mesa, LOL, and the streets are all wonky. WTF? Did they not have rights to use a real map of SB or something?

I also love Monk, but you hardly ever see a real shot of SF (except, like Psych, the aerial establishing shots). Seems like a shame, but I still love the shows. ;)

#13 Mrs_Chanandler_Bong

Mrs_Chanandler_Bong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

wish i hadn't ever read this, now the show doesn't even look like it takes place in cali anymore

#14 Lavender_Gooms

Lavender_Gooms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

They film in Vancouver, because it is cheaper.
most shows are filmed in canada.

#15 biff

biff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

:rolleyes: You must be talking about shows like Streets of San Francisco, The OC, NYPD Blue, Law & Order, The Sopranos, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, Rescue Me, Miami Vice, LA Law, etc. :rolleyes: WHY call it Santa Barbara if it is Canada?

#16 Mrs_Chanandler_Bong

Mrs_Chanandler_Bong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

cause which one would u rather be in right now

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved