• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 valthor

valthor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

It's been bugging me the last couple of weeks. what car does michael drive??

#2 Lara_Croft

Lara_Croft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

It's been bugging me the last couple of weeks. what car does michael drive??

1973 Dodge Charger

#3 Harmony

Harmony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

According to BURN NOTICE -"THE FIX" by Tod Goldberg, Michael's car is a 1974 Dodge Charger. Later - Harmony

Edited by Harmony, 09 August 2008 - 07:56 PM.

#4 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Yup. The book definitely states the year is 1974. He pulls up to the Oro Hotel in it. Though the car is HOT the 34 year old car just isn't classy enough for the valet. LOL!!!

#5 Gunboat

Gunboat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

Hey,

For all the people who are car watching...

On a 1974 Charger if you look at the front rubber 'bumperettes' under the grill, they are 100% rubber. Also, the steering wheel 'triangle' is usually a one-piece chunk of vinyl/plastic.

On a 1973, the 'bumperettes' are pieces of rubber attached to pieces of metal, and the steering wheel triangle has a fake wood insert with the word "Dodge" in the middle, with three little horn buttons (one for each point of the triangle).

1971 and 1972 grills have very different grill inserts that don't match the car in Burn Notice.

The hood scoop on Westen's car is not stock, although some people are confusing it with the Power Bulge hood that looks similar to a hood scoop.

They still put 440 cubic inch motors in these cars from the factory, contrary to someone else's posting. Both years are very similar obviously, only major difference is 74 was unleaded fuel only for the engines.

As someone who's owned a '71. a '73, and a '74, I'll say that they're fun to drive but handle badly compared to newer cars. A previous poster said they had a 400 cubic inch and got 12-14mpg; I had a 400 4-bbl and got 17mpg if I drove like a sane person. ;)

It's nice to see a nice Mopar on TV but frankly I was paying more attention to the storylines and the great character interaction! I hope the actors (and writers) keep up the fantastic work on this show as we have enjoyed it immensely.
Also good to see Bruce Campbell and Sharon Gless on TV again.

Going back to watch more BN...

#6 TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

i just bought a 73 to clone Micheals car with..anyone have a rear bumper/tailights for a 71-thru 74 dodge charger?
thanks in advance,and i luv this Show.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved