• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 TotalRecall

TotalRecall

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

CCYYMMDD is the date format and is not that uncommon in the programming world. I have had to convert dates to this format. So, this is not unusual for me. 

You missed the point.

JD is 40 years old which means he was born in 1968.

Back in the day, Michael J. Fox was in his twenties when he was portraying high school teenagers. Two years isn't a stretch for Jeffrey Donovan.

#42 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

You missed the point.

Back in the day, Michael J. Fox was in his twenties when he was portraying high school teenagers. Two years isn't a stretch for Jeffrey Donovan.

No. I'm not missing the point. I should have quoted the post you were replying to that indicated this way of expressing the date was confusing. My point is that this is a common format for expressing dates. It may not be common in the US but it is common in the scientific world. 

Also, the year is probably 75, not 70.

Edited by vestokes, 30 July 2008 - 12:56 AM.

#43 TotalRecall

TotalRecall

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

No. I'm not missing the point. I should have quoted the post you were replying to that indicated this way of expressing the date was confusing. My point is that this is a common format for expressing dates. It may not be common in the US but it is common in the scientific world. 

If the plate was to show the date with the format YYYYMMDD, why have S7E 207 and not SGE 207? Why have the "decade" with the number and the other year indicator as a letter symbol? That was the point.

Edited by TotalRecall, 30 July 2008 - 08:34 AM.

#44 LGia19

LGia19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

i was looking for pictures(love the fan site BurnNoticeImageGallery!) and found a picture of the car from season 1 -wanted man episode and they actually zoomed on the license plate then too... i never picked up on it... maybe it's just supposed to be a "car angle" shot and not really the license plate? who knows but they do have us all guessing ... which is probably the point! Love this show. Peace.
http://burnnotice.pu...y...um=7&pos=31

#45 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

If the plate was to show the date with the format YYYYMMDD, why have S7E 207 and not SGE 207? Why have the "decade" with the number and the other year indicator as a letter symbol? That was the point.

They could use G or 7 to represent year but they didn't. It's just how they chose to encrypt the information.  If you note wherever there is a letter it represents a whole number, S=19, and E as 5. These are the only subsitutions:
  S     E
(19)7(5)   207
 CC Y Y MMDD
1975   Feb 7
Classic steganography trick. I'm sure you recall this kind of thing from the cereal boxes growing up as a kid. 

#46 CurlieQ

CurlieQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

Maybe it has to do with James Bond, you know 007.

See, it says 207, expand it, 007. two zeros. I dunno, just a theory. I have no idea what s7e stands for.

#47 CurlieQ

CurlieQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hi, again. CurlieQ here. If I remember correctly from the years I lived in FL, the license plates like the one one the Charger are made up of letters & numbers. If the 1st set has 2 letters & 1 number, then the 2nd set will have 2 numbers & 1 letter--S7E 2O7 (not the number 207, but 2, the letter O, & then the last number, 7. I hope all the cryptologists have more fun with this answer. Me, I'm concerned about what happened to Madeline's salad spinner. Who knows what a spy could do with such a thing. 'bye for now!

#48 M8825

M8825

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

I'll use a microscope or telescope next time to check these out before posting them.

"ladyfriend" as a 007 tag!!! - Silver Mercedes and can be seen (season 1, disc 3) with Florida, "V3A 007" driven by Sam when going to look at spidey-looking thing.

Fio stole Black Caprice with Florida, "Q7E 28V"
Fio stole Black BMW and transported unregistered weapons with vehicle having Florida, "N2G 521"

Conswella, (or, Concha), had bad guys driving Silver Ford with Florida, "A3E 697," and I'm wondering if Conswella has/had a twin sister.

Virgil's Red Ford Pick-up has Florida, "D5L 816," when being shot at by Jamacians.

Mikey's mom's garage has a White Plate with "WFD 261," without a visible state listing. It's possibly a tailer plate.

Mikey's car when towed by Bly looks like it has the second plate on it. It's possible that Sam may have placed the second plate on the car BEFORE Bly took the car, (Sam was able to bug the car prior and would've had opportunity). The car may be registered to Fio's address, as a result of the bounty hunter seeing Mikey and Fio drive off with Tom McKee; whereby, he traced the license plate to Fio's address.

I'll add more, as I check into more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are some advantages to having a 'burn notice' if you know how to play the game. Reversing a burn can be just as fun as being burnt, if you enjoy playing psychological warfare with the intelligence communuity - Life is like a jar of pure capsaicin. What you burn today, may burn you tomorrow - It takes a Terrorist to catch a Terrorist ." - M8825

#49 CAGilder

CAGilder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

"ladyfriend" as a 007 tag!!! - Silver Mercedes and can be seen (season 1, disc 3) with Florida, "V3A 007" driven by Sam when going to look at spidey-looking thing.

Fio stole Black Caprice with Florida, "Q7E 28V"
Fio stole Black BMW and transported unregistered weapons with vehicle having Florida, "N2G 521"

Conswella, (or, Concha), had bad guys driving Silver Ford with Florida, "A3E 697," and I'm wondering if Conswella has/had a twin sister.

Virgil's Red Ford Pick-up has Florida, "D5L 816," when being shot at by Jamacians.

Mikey's mom's garage has a White Plate with "WFD 261," without a visible state listing. It's possibly a tailer plate.

Mikey's car when towed by Bly looks like it has the second plate on it. It's possible that Sam may have placed the second plate on the car BEFORE Bly took the car, (Sam was able to bug the car prior and would've had opportunity). The car may be registered to Fio's address, as a result of the bounty hunter seeing Mikey and Fio drive off with Tom McKee; whereby, he traced the license plate to Fio's address.

I'll add more, as I check into more.

Dude, I can't even remember my license plate number!
Certified Burnologist

Posted Image

#50 M8825

M8825

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

B)
it stands for Feb. 7, 1975

Well, I guess it's time to end this riddle.

The license plate is saying: "February 7, 1967"

According to what I've discovered, the plate is a personalized Florida "Sunshine State" Plate. The plate is one of those plates that is VERY special. This kinda' plate is special for a couple of reasons. This plate is more powerful than diplomatic immunity plate when used to full capability. The plate is also a special numbered plate; which means, the special numbers are involved in part of identity. Identity plates are used in certain circles to identify persons as registered for a special reason or purpose. Mikey knows what the plate means; as do those that run a registration check on the plate and have clearance authorization to know the information related to the registration.

You were close when you said, "Feb 7, 1975," but you forgot one thing - Reversing Able Danger. Certain persons involved in the LE and intel that were unable to work together due to the government regulations, yet found ways around them. One of those was/were to establish away to communicate to the LE and other intel ops ensuring another 9-11 event would be intercepted - even if it were to violates the so-called Patriot Act and classified those persons as terrorists.

It's this connection to BN that I don't think Nix has explained in the series, but it's an underlining truth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are some advantages to having a 'burn notice' if you know how to play the game. Reversing a burn can be just as fun as being burnt, if you enjoy playing psychological warfare with the intelligence communuity - Life is like a jar of pure capsaicin. What you burn today, may burn you tomorrow - It takes a Terrorist to catch a Terrorist ." - M8825

#51 coribbean

coribbean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Well, I guess it's time to end this riddle.

The license plate is saying: "February 7, 1967"

According to what I've discovered, the plate is a personalized Florida "Sunshine State" Plate. The plate is one of those plates that is VERY special. This kinda' plate is special for a couple of reasons. This plate is more powerful than diplomatic immunity plate when used to full capability. The plate is also a special numbered plate; which means, the special numbers are involved in part of identity. Identity plates are used in certain circles to identify persons as registered for a special reason or purpose. Mikey knows what the plate means; as do those that run a registration check on the plate and have clearance authorization to know the information related to the registration.

You were close when you said, "Feb 7, 1975," but you forgot one thing - Reversing Able Danger. Certain persons involved in the LE and intel that were unable to work together due to the government regulations, yet found ways around them. One of those was/were to establish away to communicate to the LE and other intel ops ensuring another 9-11 event would be intercepted - even if it were to violates the so-called Patriot Act and classified those persons as terrorists.

It's this connection to BN that I don't think Nix has explained in the series, but it's an underlining truth.

Dude...What?
I'm sorry, but again I find myself perplexed by your post.
Coribbean

#52 M8825

M8825

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

Dude...What?
I'm sorry, but again I find myself perplexed by your post.

Validation to the answer to the riddle was given in last years episode when Mikey got his new ID paperwork - DL, Passport, and Birth Certifcate.

#53 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:57 PM

Hi, again. CurlieQ here. If I remember correctly from the years I lived in FL, the license plates like the one one the Charger are made up of letters & numbers. If the 1st set has 2 letters & 1 number, then the 2nd set will have 2 numbers & 1 letter--S7E 2O7 (not the number 207, but 2, the letter O, & then the last number, 7. I hope all the cryptologists have more fun with this answer. Me, I'm concerned about what happened to Madeline's salad spinner. Who knows what a spy could do with such a thing. 'bye for now!

I actually giggled like a school girl after that salad spinner comment.  :D

#54 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Validation to the answer to the riddle was given in last years episode when Mikey got his new ID paperwork - DL, Passport, and Birth Certifcate.

I still don't get what you are talking about. Do you recall when Mike mentioned this in the season finale?

#55 melybelle

melybelle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

hmm... unless it's from Sam's Stash!

LMAO :lol:
"

#56 melybelle

melybelle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

Dude, I can't even remember my license plate number!

I'm glad someone's taking the bait and running with it...I sure as heck don't have the energy, lol! But I'll feel might foolish when it turns out to be something important. :blink:
"

#57 melybelle

melybelle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

I actually giggled like a school girl after that salad spinner comment. :D

I'm pretty sure Fi could concoct a nuclear fusion device with a simple salad spinner...and a little C4.
;)
"

#58 LGia19

LGia19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

I still don't get what you are talking about. Do you recall when Mike mentioned this in the season finale?

Vestokes, that's awesome -very fitting!!!
Melybelle- ya I bet Fi could and then probably return without anyone knowing :P Peace.

#59 M8825

M8825

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

When he recieved his documents from Lucy, the documents contained the information regarding his new ID. Including his name of his parents of Frank and Madeline Turner. It also contained the same dob on the birth certificate which matches the pattern with the coded license plate.

#60 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

If I was a spy, I would have to lie and say no. If I'm not a spy, the answer is still no. Cryptology is just an interesting hobby. I think M8825 might be right, but they can't ever be totally authentic on a t.v. show. There's just some things certain people don't want us to know. In the episode where M helps out a guy by acting totally off his nut to get them to think he was really dangerous. He explained when he blocked the bad guys' car between 2 dumpsters and a locked gate. He said the military refer to it as shock and awe. But the origin of that phrase came directly from, you guessed it, rapid dominance. Of course, I could be completely off my nut and be totally wrong. I just enjoy the show, ya' know?

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved