• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 MarcyMavin

MarcyMavin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

Okay, at the top of the page when you go to the USA Monk page, there is the new pic of him colorizing jelly beans. I happen to love that pic, the look on his face is so good. But he doesn't have his wedding ring on.Posted Image Maybe it was another one of those photo shop things were they thought it looked better from the oposite angle. Just a comment.

#2 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

Okay, at the top of the page when you go to the USA Monk page, there is the new pic of him colorizing jelly beans. I happen to love that pic, the look on his face is so good. But he doesn't have his wedding ring on.Posted Image Maybe it was another one of those photo shop things were they thought it looked better from the oposite angle. Just a comment.

There's another picture on there now that comes up after a screen saying "Millions of bacteria on your keyboard. Unplug." You can see both his hands in that picture and there is no ring on either hand.
W Durant "can think of no moral code that survived the death of its gods, and no society that survived the death of its moral code."

#3 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hi Bubba here, I wonder what's the story behind that. Monk usually wear his wedding band.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#4 lovethatmonk

lovethatmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

Nice catch Marci...yep he is not wearing his wedding ring...wonder if it is a hint about next season...who knows????

#5 Monk_O_Phile81

Monk_O_Phile81

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

Foreshadowing? <_< I could be wrong, but I think so!

Some of my favorite Natalie/Monk shipper moments:
Monk: There he is.
natalie: What?...He's comming, what do we do? We should kiss!
(Mr. Monk and the Genius)

Natalie: Have you been working out? (squeezes muscle)
Monk: ow! No...
Natlie: Do you think they'll let you keep the uniform?
Monk: huh? Oh. I don't know.
Natalie: You should ask them. It looks good on you!
(Mr. Monk Goes to the Bank)

#6 history08

history08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

I hadn't noticed this before, but you are right...no wedding ring. HMMM....I am thinking we might find something out in Season Seven...
You'll Thank Me Later...

#7 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

Well spotted, but I wouldn't start reading too much into it yet. The ring he wears on the show is actually Tony's real wedding ring, I imagine that after wearing it all the years he's been married to Brooke as well as wearing in almost as part of the role of Monk, it would take soime considerable effort to remember not to wear it on the set if they wanted him to stop wearing it. I think it's more likely that he simply took it off for some reason before shooting those pictures and simply hadn't put it back on/ forgot. I have taken my ring off for a variety of different reasons and not put it back on immediatly, like when I am making some kind of food like bread that I have to put my hands in a lot, and I don't want to lose the ring. Or when I have gotten little cuts around the ring or gotten my finger caught in something so the the ring pinched my skin, or doing something repetitive that caused a blister to start forming right around the band. I've even not worn it for a few days because I was having to have it resized or repaired. It didn't mean that I was ready to move on from my husband to someone else.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#8 history08

history08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

Well spotted, but I wouldn't start reading too much into it yet. The ring he wears on the show is actually Tony's real wedding ring, I imagine that after wearing it all the years he's been married to Brooke as well as wearing in almost as part of the role of Monk, it would take soime considerable effort to remember not to wear it on the set if they wanted him to stop wearing it. I think it's more likely that he simply took it off for some reason before shooting those pictures and simply hadn't put it back on/ forgot. I have taken my ring off for a variety of different reasons and not put it back on immediatly, like when I am making some kind of food like bread that I have to put my hands in a lot, and I don't want to lose the ring. Or when I have gotten little cuts around the ring or gotten my finger caught in something so the the ring pinched my skin, or doing something repetitive that caused a blister to start forming right around the band. I've even not worn it for a few days because I was having to have it resized or repaired. It didn't mean that I was ready to move on from my husband to someone else.

I didn't realize that was his real wedding ring. I agree, after wearing it for as long as he and Brooke have been married, it would be difficult to remember to take it off. Here is a thought...maybe he didn't want to get it sticky playing with the jelly beans...
You'll Thank Me Later...

#9 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

I didn't realize that was his real wedding ring. I agree, after wearing it for as long as he and Brooke have been married, it would be difficult to remember to take it off. Here is a thought...maybe he didn't want to get it sticky playing with the jelly beans...

Yeah, that must be it! :lol:
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#10 susan1017

susan1017

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

I would love to see what you see but it seems like usa network website is down right now so I will need wait before further comment.

Sue~

#11 MarcyMavin

MarcyMavin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

thanks for all the replys. No, I"m not trying to read to much into it... But you never can tell :)

But yeah, those jelly beans can get pretty sticky. I'm suprised he's not wearing his plastic gloves.

#12 micheleNasser

micheleNasser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

I was just looking at the pictures taken at Monk set, and he is wearing the ring there.
I was looking for the next season's first episode pic, to certify myself, but wasn't competant to find it, and any other one.

I do believe they've forgotten to remember him to put it on for the pics.

Mi

#13 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

I was just looking at the pictures taken at Monk set, and he is wearing the ring there.
I was looking for the next season's first episode pic, to certify myself, but wasn't competant to find it, and any other one.

I do believe they've forgotten to remember him to put it on for the pics.

Mi

Mi~

This is very off topic but a few years ago I had a very good friend living with me who was from Mexico. Everytime I read your posts, your use of English is the same as hers and it reminds me of how much I miss her. Cristina has moved back to Mexico and doesn't have anyway to email me so we have lost touch. You remind me so much of her but not in a sad way, in a very good way. She was a very good friend to me at a time when I very much needed one. :wub:

Sue

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#14 Tonyfan

Tonyfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:18 AM

I always wear my ring,too. And i don't think so that Tony forgot put it back on, he is wearing that almost 16 years, there should be other reason. I'm wearing mine just since 2004 and i never forgot put it back on :)
Tony Shalhoub is the best actor, I could be wrong but I'm not!!!
crime scene, witness, suspect, question............ ( A. Monk )
The End

#15 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

I always wear my ring,too. And i don't think so that Tony forgot put it back on, he is wearing that almost 16 years, there should be other reason. I'm wearing mine just since 2004 and i never forgot put it back on :)

I think he took it off before the pictures were taken simply because he knew of all the obsessed fans in here, at least one of us was bound to notice and then it would drive us all nuts trying to figure it out. I think he's reading this board right now and just laughing his butt off. lol
W Durant "can think of no moral code that survived the death of its gods, and no society that survived the death of its moral code."

#16 Tonyfan

Tonyfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

I think he took it off before the pictures were taken simply because he knew of all the obsessed fans in here, at least one of us was bound to notice and then it would drive us all nuts trying to figure it out. I think he's reading this board right now and just laughing his butt off. lol

:lol:
Tony Shalhoub is the best actor, I could be wrong but I'm not!!!
crime scene, witness, suspect, question............ ( A. Monk )
The End

#17 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

:lol:

Tony: "Oh my God! They're going crazy! Watch this--next week, we take another picture and I wear two different colored socks. Look at 'em goooooooooo!"

#18 micheleNasser

micheleNasser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

Mi~

This is very off topic but a few years ago I had a very good friend living with me who was from Mexico. Everytime I read your posts, your use of English is the same as hers and it reminds me of how much I miss her. Cristina has moved back to Mexico and doesn't have anyway to email me so we have lost touch. You remind me so much of her but not in a sad way, in a very good way. She was a very good friend to me at a time when I very much needed one. :wub:

Sue

Thanx, I like to resemble someone so nice like your Mexican friend!
So if you feel like doing it, I will be pleased to be your pen-pal! You can e-mail me when you miss her, or any time you want!
;)

Hugs

Mi

#19 tdasher

tdasher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

I think you are right, he's sitting there and laughing away. ROFL!!
Diane

Life is a Journey
Wending Our Way
One Road at a Time

#20 history08

history08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

I agree, he is sitting there having a good laugh! I know I would be...
You'll Thank Me Later...

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved