• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crash_test

crash_test

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

Just got this in, a review of the Final Season Boxset!  Ray Ellis is the reviewer and he has nothing but good things to say!    :D  

Boxset review

#2 amhfanpage

amhfanpage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for posting, great review! :)

#3 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hi Bubba here, thanks for the link. Good review.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#4 amhfanpage

amhfanpage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

Doing happy dance, just received my copy of the final season! That means watching the extra's this afternoon or evening. And then watching the entire season again...DZ marathon here I come. :D

#5 LynMichel

LynMichel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for the review of the final season. I haven't bought it yet. But this review made me want to go to Amazon and buy it.

#6 CrucifaxAutumn

CrucifaxAutumn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

Great review...

Right up to this line that reaks of the rationalization of a bandwagon fan:

That it ended on an ambiguous note reinforces the idea of limitless futures.

No, it reinforces the idea that TV execs are money grubbing morons from hell who play to the lowest common denominator rather than allow artistic vision to truly thrive. I guess they know that the idiots who watch the worst shows are the ones most likely to rush right out and buy some Head-On or a diet pill.

#7 Crazy4Walt

Crazy4Walt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Not that anyone goes on this board anymore, but I've finally decided to buy this boxset! The extras from that review make me so excited!

I haven't bought this season up to this point because in my mind, Walt never dies. ;) I watch the old seasons over and over again... and he's still alive! But, yes, it is now time for me to accept the fact that Walt dies, and as depressing as that is (I loved Johnny/Walt interaction) I feel like I owe it to my collection and love for the The Dead Zone to buy this season. It may take me awhile to watch the first episode of this season again, lol, but I'll certainly be watching the other episodes and just pretend that Walt's just "off-screen," haha.

But, yes, I did finally buy it and can't wait for Amazon to deliver it.

Long live The Dead Zone!

By the way, I'm totally on a DZ kick now. Reliving the magic through DVDs makes me so happy -- brings me back to my eighth grade summer, haha... wow, how old I've gotten since then.

#8 chuhui22

chuhui22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

And then watching the entire season again...DZ marathon here I come.Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved