Mr. McGraw
PA Announcer
Ray Regis
Referee
Security Guard
Sound Engineer
Spanish Johnny
TV Commentator

I have this weird feeling that it's going to be something about boxing (which i like a little by the way. I like wrestling...don't ask me why I don't know myself)...and Monk is going to be a coach which I doubt it or he's going to be investigating a case and brings himself in one big mess and he's going to be on that boxing ring. I doubt it a little less...So what do you think?

Edited by alex455, 07 June 2008 - 09:43 AM.

#2 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

Mr. Monk Takes A Punch

Roles which can be played there:
Art Expert
Boxing Official
Cocktail Waitress
Eddie
Frank Marino
Ice Man
Jimmy
Louie Flynn
Mr. McGraw
PA Announcer
Ray Regis
Referee
Security Guard
Sound Engineer
Spanish Johnny
TV Commentator

I have this weird feeling that it's going to be something about boxing (which i like a little by the way. I like wrestling...don't ask me why I don't know myself)...and Monk is going to be a coach which I doubt it or he's going to be investigating a case and brings himself in one big mess and he's going to be on that boxing ring. I doubt it a little less...So what do you think?

I LOVE boxing. If they're doing a boxing episode and they don't consult with Teddy Atlas in at least a technical/advisory capacity, it just won't come out right. Teddy sounds like he's talking with half a sandwich in his mouth but he's the end all, beat all of boxing experts. They better call Teddy.
W Durant "can think of no moral code that survived the death of its gods, and no society that survived the death of its moral code."

#3 Tonyfan

Tonyfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

Oh yeah, i love boxing. I would love to see the Klitschko brothers in this episode lol. That would be really fun (at least to me :rolleyes: ). These episode names can show that there will begin something new...like buying a new house, playing lotto or boxing :D

I almost forget: I really can't wait!! :P
Tony Shalhoub is the best actor, I could be wrong but I'm not!!!
crime scene, witness, suspect, question............ ( A. Monk )
The End

#4 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:02 AM

Oh yeah, i love boxing. I would love to see the Klitschko brothers in this episode lol. That would be really fun (at least to me :rolleyes: ). These episode names can show that there will begin something new...like buying a new house, playing lotto or boxing :D

I almost forget: I really can't wait!! :P

If it is a boxing episode, I'd like to see Mickey Ward or Floyd Mayweather. If they're looking for a bleeder for dramatic effect, Arturo Gatti will do just fine. He starts bleeding in the locker room while they're wrapping his hands. He's the only boxer who needs a cut man at the weigh in. :D

Edited by yvette88, 21 May 2008 - 11:10 AM.

W Durant "can think of no moral code that survived the death of its gods, and no society that survived the death of its moral code."

#5 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

Okay, I'm in the minority here. I was kind of hoping Monk would squeak by without doing what seems like the obligatory boxing episode. I'm not a boxing fan (No flames please -- everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I recognize this is a personal preference)

Then again, the boxing episodes in other shows have caught my attention. We got to see Adam West die in the boxing episode of "Murder She Wrote" and Pierce Brosnan sing to a baby in the boxing episode of "Remington Steele."

I got through those alive, I guess I can survive a boxing episode of Monk. But I'm personally hoping for a STRONG subplot.

But I wonder if we'll see any of the regular cast members shirtless....
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...
and sometimes that's the way to go.

#6 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

Okay, I'm in the minority here. I was kind of hoping Monk would squeak by without doing what seems like the obligatory boxing episode. I'm not a boxing fan (No flames please -- everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I recognize this is a personal preference)

Then again, the boxing episodes in other shows have caught my attention. We got to see Adam West die in the boxing episode of "Murder She Wrote" and Pierce Brosnan sing to a baby in the boxing episode of "Remington Steele."

I got through those alive, I guess I can survive a boxing episode of Monk. But I'm personally hoping for a STRONG subplot.

You don't like boxing??!? You must be spurned! You must be smited! You must be flogged!

#7 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

You don't like boxing??!? You must be spurned! You must be smited! You must be flogged!

Hehehe. So what else is new?

I think my dislike of boxing originally stems from my stepfather's insistence on watching it when Star Trek was on. But then there's also the blood, the sweat flying around, and the spitting and the backwash between rounds. (Which I'm sure we'll see Monk reacting to)

I also really am not comfortable with these men putting their brains and lives on the line for our entertainment. This probably was reinforced because I'm from Baby Joe Mesi land. (Our church pianist slices his salami.) As a boxing fan, you may be familiar with what happened to him.

#8 quinfran

quinfran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

I like boxing too. I`m sure it will be funny, whether it`s boxing or something else. I can`t wait for July!! :D

#9 Jenn

Jenn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

I thought there were some sweet moments in the boxing episode of Remington Steele so I'll stay hopeful. The best "boxing episode" that I can remember in a tv series was the one in M*A*S*H where Trapper John was fighting against a guy twice his size and Hawkeye came up with the idea of putting chloroform on Trapper's boxing glove.

Jenn

#10 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

I thought there were some sweet moments in the boxing episode of Remington Steele so I'll stay hopeful. The best "boxing episode" that I can remember in a tv series was the one in M*A*S*H where Trapper John was fighting against a guy twice his size and Hawkeye came up with the idea of putting chloroform on Trapper's boxing glove.

Jenn

And then there was the boxing episode of Hogan's Heroes. That one was a surprising departure from the usual episodes that carefully avoided the more painful issues of that war. Kinch's fight (was it Ivan Dixon at that point?) with the supposed advanced Aryan boxer was a powerful statement, expecially in the civil rights era in the US.

#11 quinfran

quinfran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

And then there was the boxing episode of Hogan's Heroes. That one was a surprising departure from the usual episodes that carefully avoided the more painful issues of that war. Kinch's fight (was it Ivan Dixon at that point?) with the supposed advanced Aryan boxer was a powerful statement, expecially in the civil rights era in the US.

I watched everyone of the Rocky movies. I know some were corny, or is it korny? :D

#12 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

Since Hogans Heroes was set in WWII, that episode was most likely a send up to the Joe Louis and Max Schmeling bout where Schmeling was supposed to prove aryan superiority and instead got spanked hard by a black American. Also known as the fight where Joe Louis beat Hitler. I saw the bout rerun on Classic Boxing. It was actually the rematch. Schmeling dropped Louis in their first fight in the 12th round--knowing that Louis had a nasty habit of dropping his left after the jab. Way more than anyone in here wanted to know but hey, I love the sport. Joe Louis was a fantastic boxer with a fascinating life. If you ever want to see one of the best boxing matches ever fought, watch Classic Boxing for a rerun of any of the Mickey Ward vs Emanual Burton fights.

#13 CrystalSmith

CrystalSmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

RAGING MONK?!? OH YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Edited by CrystalSmith, 21 May 2008 - 01:42 PM.

"Me fail English. That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons

"No. They're not. No, never going there. Certainly not going there in the books. I don't think Andy has any intention of going there in the series either. I don't think he did with Sharona either."
-Lee Goldberg on MFP when asked if there were seeds of romance in the Monk/Natalie relationship.

"Well, Natalie is affectionate. Sharona never was. Nataile will hug Monk, she'll kiss him, she'll caress him, she'll take his hand. She treats him like a loving brother. Not as...you know he's still Mr. Monk, she still refers to him as Mr. Monk, but she has an enormous amount of tenderness toward him that Sharona may have kind of hidden in abrasiveness. But it's not sexual and it's not romantic. I still believe that Natalie has grown to love Monk, but as you love an irritating brother or step sibling."
-From MFP interview with Lee Goldberg, Monk series writer and author of Monk novels, when asked why some fans see romance when it's not there.

#14 fan4sure

fan4sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

I never realized there were so many shows that used "boxing" as a theme . . . you can add Moonlighting to the list of shows that had a boxing episode, too.
"He's completely obsessed...and not in a good way, like me."

#15 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

I never realized there were so many shows that used "boxing" as a theme . . . you can add Moonlighting to the list of shows that had a boxing episode, too.

Yeah, I forgot about that one.

I think there was also a boxing episode on Mission Impossible.

And wasn't Stanley Kamel in a boxing episode of Diagnosis Murder? I think I remember it from one of the Stanley Kamel clips recently posted.

Sometimes I think that somewhere in Los Angeles there is a giant wheel of possible settings/themes for episodes.

#16 Monk_O_Phile81

Monk_O_Phile81

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

I'm not a boxing fan either. Sweat, blood, spittle...eww! But maybe, just maybe Monk and boxing will be funny.

BfloGal: Maybe Monk is Randy's coach. Would you like it better then?

Some of my favorite Natalie/Monk shipper moments:
Monk: There he is.
natalie: What?...He's comming, what do we do? We should kiss!
(Mr. Monk and the Genius)

Natalie: Have you been working out? (squeezes muscle)
Monk: ow! No...
Natlie: Do you think they'll let you keep the uniform?
Monk: huh? Oh. I don't know.
Natalie: You should ask them. It looks good on you!
(Mr. Monk Goes to the Bank)

#17 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

I'm not a boxing fan either. Sweat, blood, spittle...eww! But maybe, just maybe Monk and boxing will be funny.

BfloGal: Maybe Monk is Randy's coach. Would you like it better then?

If you're referring to the "shirtless Randy" that was in one of my fan fics, I got to tell you that Randy doesn't do it for me. I included that for my 'audience'. I didn't even look. (He's a little too young for me) I'm more of a TS girl, but I'm not sure I'd want to see Monk in boxing trunks either. :lol:

And if it's true what is being said on another thread about TL having a nipple ring, you can forget about him too. Was Ted shirtless in Bad Girlfriend too? I don't remember.

#18 Monk_O_Phile81

Monk_O_Phile81

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

If you're referring to the "shirtless Randy" that was in one of my fan fics, I got to tell you that Randy doesn't do it for me. I included that for my 'audience'. I didn't even look. (He's a little too young for me) I'm more of a TS girl, but I'm not sure I'd want to see Monk in boxing trunks either. :lol:

And if it's true what is being said on another thread about TL having a nipple ring, you can forget about him too. Was Ted shirtless in Bad Girlfriend too? I don't remember.

a nipple ring :o eeewww!

Some of my favorite Natalie/Monk shipper moments:
Monk: There he is.
natalie: What?...He's comming, what do we do? We should kiss!
(Mr. Monk and the Genius)

Natalie: Have you been working out? (squeezes muscle)
Monk: ow! No...
Natlie: Do you think they'll let you keep the uniform?
Monk: huh? Oh. I don't know.
Natalie: You should ask them. It looks good on you!
(Mr. Monk Goes to the Bank)

#19 yvette88

yvette88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

rofl. I think we took a left somewhere down the road. Not into a shirtless Randy either--in fact I think we came dangerously close to pants-less Randy once or twice and that had me covering my eyes with my hand and peeking through fingers for a minute or two. lol. He's not my bag of beans, as it were. I wouldn't have a problem seeing Tony in boxing duds but I don't think they'd try to stick him in the ring for an episode like that. They'd have to stick him with Foreman or Hearns or some other retired boxer trying to come back. I can't see them able to concoct even a moderately believable scenario wherein that character would be in a ring with a 20-something boxer--the announcers start calling you old at 35 in that sport.

Way off topic: ew twice on Ted's nipple ring if that was actually his and not a fake for the movie. rofl. His nipple = none of my business, and we've all done weird things when we were young. I think at 40, were it me, I'd have removed it and let the hole close up. I always thought nipple rings were a chick thing. Have I erred?? :D

Edited by yvette88, 21 May 2008 - 06:25 PM.

#20 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

rofl. I think we took a left somewhere down the road. Not into a shirtless Randy either--in fact I think we came dangerously close to pants-less Randy once or twice and that had me covering my eyes with my hand and peeking through fingers for a minute or two. lol. He's not my bag of beans, as it were. I wouldn't have a problem seeing Tony in boxing duds but I don't think they'd try to stick him in the ring for an episode like that. They'd have to stick him with Foreman or Hearns or some other retired boxer trying to come back. I can't see them able to concoct even a moderately believable scenario wherein that character would be in a ring with a 20-something boxer--the announcers start calling you old at 35 in that sport.

Way off topic: ew twice on Ted's nipple ring if that was actually his and not a fake for the movie. rofl. His nipple = none of my business, and we've all done weird things when we were young. I think at 40, were it me, I'd have removed it and let the hole close up. I always thought nipple rings were a chick thing. Have I erred?? :D

A chick thing? I don't know. I'm a fairly sheltered preacher's wife, and (in addition to knowing someone with a harley) I have seen a man with a nipple ring. (No, it wasn't intentional, and no I didn't enjoy it -- apologies to all the men on the board with nipple rings -- a personal preference on my part)

I'm not really that into shirtless men anyway. It usually doesn't do that much for me. There's only really one exception to that, and that's Tom Selleck. I never was into Tom Selleck when Magnum was first on -- in fact I never watched Magnum. But I've been catching it on Sleuth lately, just to fill some time, and wow! I'm not really attracted to Tom Selleck as much, but that man does have a nice chest...anyway.

Speaking of pantless cast members, we've already seen a lot of Tony. I'm thinking about once in Airplane, when he takes off his pants in the rest room, and that incredibly short robe in "The Kid." And of course we saw him in the pool in "Takes His Medicine." But men's legs really don't do much for me either.

But I really go for great eyes. And a voice. I like a man with an interesting voice. If he sings...all the better.

Did I take us on this left turn? So Yvette, tell us more about boxing...

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved