• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#41 LoyalMonkFan

LoyalMonkFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

I just finished watching the episode where Monk loses his sight and Dr. Krogen gives him some professional advice. I was thinking about how much I love his character and how he interracts with Adrian. Then I come here and I discover he passed away. I'm so shocked and saddened by this news.

My condolences go out to his family, friends and all the lives he's touched.

#42 monkemann

monkemann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

R.I.P. Mr.Kamel(aka Dr. Kroger)
Poor mr. Monk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 Renee27

Renee27

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

I just heard the news! This is so sad. :( I'll miss our dear "Dr. Kroger." May he rest in peace.

#44 LovAdrian

LovAdrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

I've just read the sad news. No words will express my sorrow. I just can cry now.
God Bless all fans, friends and family!
LovAdrian.

Now that Monk is about to leave...

...Am I crying? 'Cause it feels like I'm crying all the time...
... I'm gonna be all alone. What a time to be me...

Monk: Tell me what to do.
Randy: I can't do that.
Monk: Well, can you find somebody who will tell me what to do?

Natalie:
So, Mr. Monk, what do you want for Christmas?
Monk: A miracle.

#45 Jam_JavaJunkie

Jam_JavaJunkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

I just heard! Oh wow. What a shock..I had no idea he was 65! Stanley looked like he was in his late 40's. He will be missed.

-------
Adrian & Natalie

#46 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

There is no question, he’ll be sorely missed by everyone who knew him, or who’d ever had the privilege of seeing him give a character life. He was a great actor and a wonderful human being, and the world will be a sadder place without him.

My mom pointed out to me when I was little and my uncle died that when people die, we shouldn’t be sad for them, especially if we believe in an afterlife, and that we are most likely sad for ourselves. For those who have died, there is no more pain or disappointment, no more fear or anger. They will never get sick again, and they will never lose someone they love again. But the rest of us will probably experience more pain, disappointment, fear, anger, illness and loss, and we will have to do it with one less loved one in our lives. Maybe I was a strange child, but that did make me feel a little better. I was still sad that my uncle was gone, but it was a little easier for me because I believed that he was in a better place.

Stanley had 65 years of life doing what he loved, and he had family and friends, and the love of millions. He left us on a high point in his career, which is the best way to go for an entertainer. He didn’t have to see his career decline, and people all over the world loved and admiored him. You can’t ask for much more than that.

Cheers, Mr. Kamel/Dr. Kroger, and thanks.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#47 monkophile

monkophile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

I can't believe Stanley Kamel died of a heart attack!!!!!!!!!! It broke my heart!!!!!!!!!! I wonder how they are going to play that in the 7th Season? Maybe they will have him be murdered and Monk ofcourse solve his case.
Tori

#48 rainyangellz

rainyangellz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

RIP Stanley Kamel.

Such a tragic loss to entertainment. :(

#49 monkophile1

monkophile1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Location:Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas Home is where the Army sends you...

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

I can't believe Stanley Kamel died of a heart attack!!!!!!!!!! It broke my heart!!!!!!!!!! I wonder how they are going to play that in the 7th Season? Maybe they will have him be murdered and Monk ofcourse solve his case.

I hadn't heard. I am shocked.

When did it happen?

Tony Shalhoub

#50 mdr55

mdr55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for the memories Stanley. You'll be missed.

#51 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

I hadn't heard. I am shocked.

When did it happen?

There's a full article pinned to the top of the board.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...
and sometimes that's the way to go.

#52 monkophile1

monkophile1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Location:Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas Home is where the Army sends you...

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

There's a full article pinned to the top of the board.

Got it. Thank you.
So sad.

Tony Shalhoub

#53 halfpint

halfpint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

I am very sad. I did not know he was sick. I got a very nice good autographed picture of him in 2006, as with most of the cast. I wish I had come on here and tallked to him and told him how much I loved the picture.

Sad news. He will be very missed. Very good actor and character. RIP Stanley Kamel.

#54 RobertC

RobertC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

My condolences! This is the saddest news that ever hit us Monk fans.

#55 Sikal

Sikal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Accesshollywood.com just updated their story to list the cause of death as a heart attack.

I agree with everyone else who's said this: the show will never be the same.
I'm so sorry for all friends and family. This is a big shock for everyone.
Less than two weeks ago, my friend's mom died of a heart attack, less than a week ago a classmate of mine lost his older brother, and now I learn about this. :(
Each loss is a new shock, and I can't believe it's a heart attack that's struck again. My condolences to all friends and family. It's awful having to stand on the sidelines and watch a friend/family grieving for a loved one.

#56 ClippoPuppet

ClippoPuppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

What sad news. Stanley Kamel was not just a friend to Monk, he was a friend to Monk's many fans as well. He will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family, friends, and colleagues.

#57 likeadrian

likeadrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

I just read about this a minute ago and I'm shocked! He didn't look his age, that's for sure. I'm saddened he will no longer be on the show. My deepest condolences to his friends and family as well. We lost a good guy. :(
Monk: You know, I'm tired of all these chess metaphors, Patrick. These were two real people, not chess pieces. I think they deserve a little more respect. Although if you insist, checkmate.

#58 memebeck49

memebeck49

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

:o For the second time in less than a year, Meme is almost speechless with sadness. The show, our little Monk world here, and the world in general has lost a shining light.
My deepest sympathies to his family, friends, and the cast of Monk.
On Friday night, at 8 p.m. I will be lighting a candle in fond memory of Stanley Kamel, "Our" Dr. Kroger. :(

The fact that I despise him would always come between us.

What do you think, Adrian?
I stopped thinking an hour and a half ago.

You're pretty damn good when the toilet seat's down.

I should have stabbed him in his particulars when I had the chance.

I got a feeling about this and it ain't bueno.

#59 gonplcs

gonplcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

Accesshollywood.com just updated their story to list the cause of death as a heart attack.

What a tremendous loss. He is a gifted and talent actor but more than that he was an amazing man. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also his co-stars, they have lost one of their family members.

God Bless.

#60 Monkee

Monkee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

I just learned of Mr. Kamel's sudden passing. His family and friends, his Monk colleagues, the entertainment industry, and all of us have lost a dear man and a great talent.

Right now, I'm sure he's getting to know his way around the "other side"...spending time with long-lost loved ones...and enjoying being pain and worry-free. But I know he'll never forget his life here and all those who meant so much to him, just as all of us will never forget him.

With love, admiration, and deep appreciation for you, Mr. Kamel, and with comfort and healing for your family and friends,

Monkee/Nancy

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved