• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#21 susan1017

susan1017

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

His friends and family have my deepest sympathies.

Reading this was a total shock since I am sitting here watching an epi and the part I was at was him with Sharona. Very sad news.

RIP

Sue

#22 Ariana

Ariana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

Yeah, what a shock! I was really concerned when I saw those last pictures of him. His explanation, that he was ill, calmed down my worries a little bit. But what a tragedy! He was sicker than he and we all thought.

I will miss him in on the screen, on the show Monk, and I will miss his very nice postings here on the board.

But I'm very sure, that we MONK-fans will never forget OUR Dr. Kroger!

Goodbye, Mr. Kamel!

#23 trisha1

trisha1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Sorry to hear this i'll keep his family and friends in my thoughts.
Posted Image
My Monk & Natalie Fans Group
http://www.facebook....gid=12390442540

Posted Image
My Terri Clark Fans Group
http://www.facebook....gid=11837651277

#24 TheAuthor

TheAuthor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

Thank you Stanley. You did good. And you will be missed. Most men should be so lucky.

God bless all those involved, family, friends and fans. If my heartache is any guide then those closest to him must truly be in pain. Again, God Bless all who survive him.

-M
Forget Republican, and Democrat. This Year, Vote Surprise! This announcement brought to you by the Surprise Party Canidate. You'll love our canidate but we cant tell you who he is just yet! Look for his unveiling just after the election results are calculated!
________________________________________________________________________________

Every episode of Monk can be seen like the psychiatrist's glass of water. Some will say it's half-full. Some will say it's half-empty. But only the half-empty people would be given extra therapy and medication until they come around to the healthy point of view.

In my opinion, the glass is always overflowing, half full of water, and overflowing with air - because there is no such thing as empty without a vacuum. It is abundance of one kind or another, even of the negative, in this world whether you like it or not. And I'm not just sure of that, I'm positive.

#25 india

india

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

I can feel a lump rising in my throat....
This is so sad!! I just recently got into 'Monk' and loved Stanley as Dr. Kroger. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and to the 'Monk' cast and crew. :(

Asha

#26 Heathernoel1984

Heathernoel1984

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

More info here: http://www.accesshol...mel-found-dead/

USA is deeply saddened by the news of Stanley Kamel's passing. Stanley was an amazingly talented and extremely kind man, and an important member of the USA family. He will be sorely missed.

Oh My God...Oh my God...I can't believe it..
"If life gives you lemons make sure it gives you exactly ten."

"Look, if you have a problem with it just get on the internet and complain."- Brian, Family guy

#27 GlassBell

GlassBell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Oh, goodness . . . I can only echo the shock and sadness everyone else has expressed, and likewise send sincere condolences to his family. He will be sorely missed, as an extremely gifted actor, as an indispensable member of the Monk cast, and as a kind soul who visited us here.

Posted Image

#28 ShulesFan13

ShulesFan13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

My friend just called me with the news and I was sooooo surprised.
I remember that there was a topic about him looking sick and he posted on it just four days ago.
Rest in peace, Stanley. My heart goes out to you and your family and friends.
You will always be remembered.
I wonder who Monk is going to tell his feelings to: another guy in a coma
(mr. Monk and the Sleeping Suspect)

#29 MonksDaBomb

MonksDaBomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Although I sent an earlier message, I would also like to send my deepest sympathies to his family and friends. Words were just not coming to me earlier (they still aren't, but it's better). It was just an absolute shock to find. I was just innocently checking out the Monk website, happy to chat along fellow Monkophiles, but rather find this troubling news and find myself sad and heartbroken.

I would also like to send condolences to the cast: Tony, Ted, Traylor, Jason and Emmy. They work such long and grueling hours together that I'm sure they treat each other like family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Adrian: How's it going, Toy Store?
Randy: What did you just call me?
Adrian: Toy Store. Your name is Disher...dish....plate....Plato...play-dough. And where do you buy play-dough?
Randy: Toy store.
(Mr. Monk Takes His Medicine)

You look like a moose. I'm going to call you "Mr. Luke Likeamoose." - Adrian Monk (Mr. Monk Gets Drunk)
We have a syrup emergency! Grenade! - Adrian Monk (Mr. Monk Gets Hypnotized)
He had to kill himself. He had no choice. She had seen his heiny. - Adrian Monk (Mr. Monk Gets Hypnotized)
"Kevin called and talked to me for over two hours, complaining how bad his sore throat hurt" - Mr. Monk and the Magician (RIP Kevin)
That's enough to make me LOL out loud! - Adrian Monk (Mr. Monk and the Really, Really Dead Guy)
I'm oozing Garfunkel - Adrian Monk (Mr. Monk Gets Lotto Fever)
Randy: You're a tyrannical fascist.
Tim: Did he just call me a dinosaur?
- Home Improvement
Either this man has a light bulb up his butt or his colon has a great idea - Dr. Cox (Scrubs)
I just thought of something: it took three Cranes to lift her - Martin Crane (Frasier)

#30 monklover145

monklover145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

My whole family and I are huge fans of the show and "Dr. Kroger", and I am so saddened to hear this awful news. My daughter saw the headline on MSN homepage and we came here right away, and I just joined the message board to send my condolences. Our prayers are with Mr Kamel's family. :(

#31 Chelsey

Chelsey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Such sad news. My deepest condolences to Mr. Kamel's family and friends.

#32 ErwinG

ErwinG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

My deepest condolences to Mr. Kamel's family and friends ... May he rest in peace :(

#33 justanothermonkfan

justanothermonkfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

Aww, man. :( Rest in peace, Stanley. My deepest sympathies for friends&family.

#34 Heathernoel1984

Heathernoel1984

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

In the words of Trudy:
The snows that burn away,
Like tears of God
Reveal the world anew.
We are reborn.
Nothing is lost forever.

God bless his family and friends.

"If life gives you lemons make sure it gives you exactly ten."

"Look, if you have a problem with it just get on the internet and complain."- Brian, Family guy

#35 stotfan

stotfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

My sympathies to Mr. Kamel's family. As soon as I heard, I came to the Monk boards, because I knew everyone would understand here. We all know what a talented actor he was, and a nice person, as we could tell when he would chat with us. We will all miss Dr. Kroger. I wonder how they will handle this on the show.

#36 Cheechawker

Cheechawker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

I will miss him. He was a very nice man who enjoyed the blessings in his life and had fun talking with his fans.

#37 Bayheart

Bayheart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Every once in a rare (TV) while, a character comes along who feels like a great friend. That was Stanely Kamel's character for me. I'm not sure why the good doctor touched me the way he did. Perhaps it was his patience and care for Monk. His voice was calming. He reminded us that it's okay to be at odds with the universe as long as at least one person cares. Surely good writing makes for a good show. But, Mr. Kamel brought good writing to life. I will miss him greatly.

#38 rdf8585

rdf8585

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

I'm absolutely speechless. This is terrible news and a tragic loss for everyone involved with the show.

#39 fan4sure

fan4sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Very sad news. Heartfelt condolences to Stanley’s family and friends. I’ll really miss him on the show and posting here on the message board. It was so nice that he took the time to drop by from time to time.
"He's completely obsessed...and not in a good way, like me."

#40 JalamaMama

JalamaMama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

I discovered Mr Kamel through Monk and became a big fan. I'm so heartbroken over this I just dont know what to say. I found a nice memorial for him here:

http://members.aol.c.../obitkamel.html

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved