• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#921 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

It has been confirmed that Mariska now has a Twitter account. Maybe Ice-T finally convinced her.

http://www.twitter.com/mariska
Posted Image

Everything I love is either illegal,immoral,or fattening-Erma Bombeck

My other aliases are Rambabe & Trixie.

Avatar & banner by Lorri at svufans.net.

#922 CharleneSVU

CharleneSVU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

I got this on Twitter last night from a few random SVU fans and it got me to thinking:

http://hollywoodente...utive-producer/

In all honesty should Mariska Hargitay consider adding "executive producing" powers to her new contract for next season (It's been said that Mariska/Chris are in negotiations right now)?

IMO it couldn't hurt really, since Neal Baer won't be show runner next season; she should really consider promotion (not as show runner, just EP). She deserves it, since she's been on the series for almost 12 seasons straight and none of the cast [in the "Law & Order" brand] have ever had a producing position (Dann Florek has directed episodes of the original Mothership). Plus Mariska's charity work with actual special victims off of SVU and her actual dedication to SVU (she's had some say in details in some episodes (ex. "Behave", 12x03), she's picked some of the guest stars (Maria Bello: "Throphy", 12x07 and "Rescue", 12x10), and I feel she could keep E/O levels down for the die-hard SVU fans/bring back the 'courtroom' scenes in a full capacity).

Do you want Mariska to become an SVU EP next season? I've got her back if she wants to do it.

She does not have to leave the cast, nor will her time be reduced (look at Hugh Laurie of FOX's House MD).

"Law & Order: CI" will be joining "Law & Order" in "Law & Order heaven".

Law & Order's death birthed "Law & Order: Los Angeles"

Speculation says Law & Order: Criminal Intent's death will birth "Law & Order: Miami"?

Law & Order's are leaving the cities, going to the beaches.

Meaning

SVU could birth "Law & Order: Atlanta"

Yikes.

#923 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

I got this on Twitter last night from a few random SVU fans and it got me to thinking:

http://hollywoodente...utive-producer/

In all honesty should Mariska Hargitay consider adding "executive producing" powers to her new contract for next season (It's been said that Mariska/Chris are in negotiations right now)?

IMO it couldn't hurt really, since Neal Baer won't be show runner next season; she should really consider promotion (not as show runner, just EP). She deserves it, since she's been on the series for almost 12 seasons straight and none of the cast [in the "Law & Order" brand] have ever had a producing position (Dann Florek has directed episodes of the original Mothership). Plus Mariska's charity work with actual special victims off of SVU and her actual dedication to SVU (she's had some say in details in some episodes (ex. "Behave", 12x03), she's picked some of the guest stars (Maria Bello: "Throphy", 12x07 and "Rescue", 12x10), and I feel she could keep E/O levels down for the die-hard SVU fans/bring back the 'courtroom' scenes in a full capacity).

Do you want Mariska to become an SVU EP next season? I've got her back if she wants to do it.

She does not have to leave the cast, nor will her time be reduced (look at Hugh Laurie of FOX's House MD).

No! She has too much on her plate already with JHF, etc. And she has stated she wants to spend more time with her family. I'm not saying she can't do it because I think she could. Just not at this time.
Posted Image

#924 Hisgirlforevermore

Hisgirlforevermore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

Absolutely not. The reasons you want her to do it are the reasons I don't. I was not impressed by the work done by the friends she has brought to the show as guest stars. You have to let the casting people do their job and pick actors who fit the roles. Writing roles specifically for guest stars has not worked well. And Mariska's advocacy for victims would not fit the role of producer. Behave is an indication of how much her tunnel vision would be a problem. A producer can not look at a subject from just one point of view if you want to tell a good story. Especially when the subject matter is controversial with many differing points of view. That is already a problem with the current writing on SVU.

#925 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Mariska is on the cover and featured in the April 2011 issue of Ladies Home Journal.
Posted Image

#926 alpharenay94

alpharenay94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

Mariska Adopts A Baby Girl
http://www.popeater....ay-adopts-baby/

Edited by alpharenay94, 06 April 2011 - 09:46 PM.

"Suffering is Inevitable, while Misery is Optional"
-Beverly Wolvermans

#927 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:45 AM

She also has a new blog that states she does follow twitter now. Her account is http://twitter.com/#!/Mariska or you can get the direct link on her blog http://www.mariska.com/blog/
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The power to learn is present in everyone's soul
and the instrument with which each learns is like an eye
that cannot be turned around from darkness to light
without turning the whole body." ~Plato

#928 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Mariska Hargitay Sues William Morris Endeavor Over 'SVU' Commissions

http://www.hollywood...m-morris-182695

Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay has sued her former agents at William Morris Endeavor, claiming the agency is trying to collect a commission on her earnings after she parted ways with WMA.

In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in state court in New York, Hargitay claims WME wants money from Seasons 11 and 12 of SVU, even though her deal for those seasons was negotiated after she and her primary agent departed in the wake of the WMA-Endeavor merger.

Hargitay, who moved from UTA to WME in 2002, says she signed a one-year contract giving the agency 10 percent of her SVU salary. That deal expired in 2004 but WME continued to represent the actress until she followed her agent Erwin More to Paradigm in 2009, according to the lawsuit.

Now WME is alleged to have filed a demand for arbitration this month, claiming it is entitled to commissions on the 11th and 12th seasons of SVU, a deal that was negotiated after Hargitay ended her relationship with the agency, according to the petition to stay the arbitration.

"WME bases its claims on the long-expired WMA Agreement -- to which it was not a party, and which was never assigned to it -- and a purported implied or oral contract which it contends arose between WMA and Ms. Hargitay," alleges the lawsuit, filed by Leonard Steinman and Khianna Bartholomew at New York's Blank Rome and Dale Kinsella and Laura Castner at Santa Monica's Kinsella Weitzman.

We've reached out to WME for comment. UPDATE: A rep for the agency says it does not comment on litigation.
Posted Image

#929 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

http://www.lifeandst...aby-shower.html

Actress Hilary Swank throws Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay a baby shower!

Mariska Hargitay had quite the celebrity-filled baby shower to celebrate the adoption of her baby girl, Amaya. Life & Style has learned that on June 6, celebrity friends Jodie Foster, Debra Messing, Camryn Manheim, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Carrie-Anne Moss all attended Mariska's shower, which was thrown by Academy Award-winning actress and friend Hilary Swank. "Mariska celebrated the adoption of her baby girl with a shower in LA with her closest celebrity friends," a source close to Mariska tells Life & Style. "The shower was sweet and really fun. Hilary hosted it at the Beverly Hills Hotel specifically for Mariska and her LA friends."

So what did Hilary plan for her friend's big day? "The theme was pink -- and it was everywhere!" the source tells Life & Style. "Hilary even wore a long pink dress for the occasion." As for favors, the Oscar winner made sure to keep it within the theme. "All the girls left with pink peonies in a flower vase as their baby-shower gifts," adds the source.

The Law & Order: SVU star and her husband, actor Peter Hermann, adopted Amaya in the first week of April. The baby was born in the United States about a week before Mariska, 47, announced the news. "I'm deliriously happy," she said. "From the minute she was born, she was just surprisingly alert and so full of love."

The couple also have a 4-year-old son, August. "[August] is over the moon," said Mariska. "He calls her his baby because he says the whole thing was his idea. He always talks about how he's going to protect her. He's going to be a great big brother."

Mariska Hargitay and her son August, 4, join Debra Messing, and her son, Roman, 7, at the new attraction, “The Little Mermaid - Ariel’s Undersea Adventure,” at Disney California Adventure park in Anaheim, Calif., on June 8, 2011

http://www.accesshol...gs_gallery_1259

Thumbnail pic below

Posted Image

Edited by ram47, 22 March 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

#930 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Mariska was recently honored as a Distinguished Alumni of UCLA. Here is a link to the article and her Commencement speech.

http://www.examiner....omment=34224496

Mariska Hargitay, Barbara Boxer speak at UCLA 2011 Commencement (Photos)

Mariska Hargitay was on the Westwood campus of the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (TFT) on Friday. The actress from Law and Order SUV was receiving a Distinguished Alumni Award. The Emmy and Golden Globe winner wasn’t the only familiar face in the crowd as Senator Barbara Boxer was giving the commencement speech.

Mariska Hargitay is probably best known for her role as Detective Olivia Benson on Law & Order: SVU. The show has affected her in real life and the 12 seasons on NBC has actual inspired her to help others. In 2001 Hargitay founded the Joyful Heart Foundation. Catering to those who have been abused, the foundation helps educate and empower people.

With the day’s ceremony including an Emmy and Golden Globe winner, there is no doubt the students who got the chance to graduate with Hargitay had an experience of a lifetime. Sharing what she has done with her life and how it has empowered others, the honor is very deserving.

Take a look at the photo slide show. Mariska Hargitay and Barbara Boxer even posed together!

Mariska's Commencement Speech

Posted Image

#931 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

http://www.walkoffam...es/news-updates

Mariska To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame

THE HOLLYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
WALK OF FAME COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES
NEW WALK OF FAME HONOREES FOR 2012

HOLLYWOOD, CA. June 21, 2011 —A new group of entertainment professionals in Motion Pictures, Television, Radio and Recording have been selected to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it was announced today by the Walk of Fame Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. These individuals were chosen from among hundreds of nominations to the committee at a meeting held on June 17, 2011 and ratified by the Chamber's Board of Directors.

The Walk of Fame recipients for the year 2012 are:

MOTION PICTURES:
Jennifer Aniston, Vin Diesel, Scarlett Johansson, John Lasseter, Malcolm McDowell, Sumner Redstone, Kate Winslet and Richard Burton (posthumous)

TELEVISION:
Valerie Bertinelli, Matt Groening, Mariska Hargitay, Patricia Heaton, Marg Helgenberger, Walter Koenig, and Adam West

RECORDING:
Pepe Aguilar, AMERICA, Boyz II Men, Hal David, David Foster, Vince Gill, Jennifer Lopez, Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) and Barry White (posthumous)

RADIO:
Ellen K.

“The committee has selected a fabulous slate of stars to add sparkle and luster to the Hollywood Walk of Fame over the next year, as well as to generate a once-in-a-lifetime Hollywood experience for many of the visitors who stop by when their favorite personalities are having their stars placed in the world-famous sidewalk of the stars,” said John Pavlik, chair of the Hollywood Walk of Fame Selection Committee.

DATES HAVE NOT BEEN SCHEDULED FOR THESE STARS. RECIPIENTS HAVE FIVE YEARS TO SCHEDULE CEREMONIES FROM DATE OF SELECTION OR THEY EXPIRE.

CHECK WEBSITE FOR UPCOMING STAR CEREMONIES:

www.walkoffame.com, Hollywood Walk of Fame on Facebook or follow on twitter @WOFstargirl

It has also been confirmed on twitter that Mariska's star will be next to Jayne's.

wofstargirl Ana Martinez
Just back from star search. No date on Mariska Hargitay ceremony but as promised I am putting her nex 2 mom Jayne Mansfield! We have a spot!
Posted Image

#932 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Mariska is scheduled to appear on The Today Show on Sept. 21st, the day of the Season 13 Premiere. Airs on NBC from 7-11 AM in most areas. Check your local listings.
Posted Image

#933 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

Mariska was not able to appear on The Today Show on Sept. 21st. It was re-scheduled for today Sept. 28th. Here is a vid of her appearance.

Posted Image

#934 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

http://celebritybabi...pts-son-andrew/

Mariska Hargitay Adopts Son Andrew

When Mariska Hargitay welcomed her daughter Amaya Josephine six months ago, she started thinking about adopting another child down the line.

She never imagined the new addition would be right around the corner.

Within a week of processing their paperwork for the second time, Hargitay, 47, and her husband Peter Hermann brought home a son, Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann, who was born over the summer.

“We never in a million years thought it would happen this quickly, but something inside of us knew that this was right, and we said, ‘Yes, yes, yes!’” says Hargitay, who is also mom to son August, 5.

“We knew this was our guy. Everything about it felt right. It felt divinely right.”

Two babies may be a handful, but the Law & Order: SVU actress — who will continue working four days a week — says Andrew and Amaya have already bonded.

“They’ll lie in the crib together, and she’ll hold his hand and put her arm around him,” says Hargitay. “She’s already so protective of him.”
Posted Image

#935 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Here is a cute little clip about the adoption.

Posted Image

#936 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

I congratulate her and her husband. I am sure they are overjoyed and are amazing parents.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#937 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

http://www.deadline....erg-to-produce/

Mariska To Be Executive Producer Of New NBC Comedy-Drama 'American Dream.'

EXCLUSIVE: NBC already has a series set behind the scenes of a sketch comedy show in Emmy-winning comedy 30 Rock. Now the network is looking to pull back the veil on the inner workings of reality series. NBC has bought American Dream, an hourlong spec written by Paul Kolsby and executive produced by Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay, feature producer Andrew Lazar and Steve Shainberg. Shainberg, director of the 2002 feature Secretary, is also attached to direct the potential pilot. American Dream is described as a bitingly funny, risque and sophisticated melodrama about the symbiotic relationship between network executives and the “talent” in a reality television series.

Kolsby, a playwright and screenwriter, had a lot of personal experience to draw on in writing the American Dream — he has worked as a producer on a number of reality series, including Jersey Shore and Bridezillas. Kolsby developed the project with Shainberg and Lazar. Original Artists, which reps Kolsby and Lazar then gave the script to Hargitay who loved it and came on board as an executive producer. Through her producing deal at NBC, she took the script to the network’s brass who picked it up. Hargitay is repped by CAA; Shainberg is managed by Industry Entertainment. Lazar is currently producing Akira for Warners with Jaume Collete-Serra directing and Gunslinger for New Regency with James Mangold directing.
Posted Image

#938 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Finally a pic of the entire Hargitay-Hermann family!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#939 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

One big happy family!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#940 ram47

ram47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Mariska is scheduled to appear on THE TODAY SHOW on April 10th and THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW on April 18th.

She is also in the May issue of GOOD HOUSEKEEPING on stands now.

Mariska talks about the adoptions of Amaya & Andrew and the devastation she went through in an adoption prior to Amaya in which the mother changed her mind. Mariska actually felt it was a blessing because they wouldn't have adopted Amaya if that happened . She feels it was meant to be that they adopted Amaya and Andrew.

http://www.goodhouse...rgitay-adoption
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved