• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 iambydefault

iambydefault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

Will there be a 7th season of Monk? I've looked, but I can't find anything definitive.

#2 monkwannab

monkwannab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

Will there be a 7th season of Monk? I've looked, but I can't find anything definitive.

It better not end b4 he solves Trudy's murder!

#3 bunniesnMONKies

bunniesnMONKies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

:blink: Wow that episode was soooo shocking!!!!!! I was thinking the whole time how can you get any more exciting than this I am wondering too if this will be the last season, so I did a Google search. There was no definite answer, just people talking on message boards like this one, speculating about Monk. :( I'd imagine there would be another one, only because they said it was the Season finale not the series finale, and since the show is increasing in popularity.

#4 ShawnSpencer

ShawnSpencer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:20 PM

I'm not sure how reliable it is but I just read some where that monk is gonna be cancelled! IS THIS TRUE?????

#5 Basia77

Basia77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

I'm not sure how reliable it is but I just read some where that monk is gonna be cancelled! IS THIS TRUE?????

Did you read it from a media source or a message board?

I really don't think it has been canceled - we would have heard something official about it by now. It is one of USA's highest-rated show, and they've really got a successful thing going on with the Monk/Psych lineup on Friday nights.

I don't think the show will end until Tony Shalhoub doesn't want to do it anymore. And I don't think they would end the series before they wrap everything up and Monk gets reinstated on the Police force, and according to an interview with the show's producer, that won't happen in these finale episodes.

I believe there will be at least one more season.

#6 JillieBeans

JillieBeans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

Where did you read it? Remember just because someone wrote it down doesnt necessarily make it true.

#7 LIMAMA1956

LIMAMA1956

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

MONK is the highest rated cable show on USA. They're not going to cancel it. The only one who would pull the plug is Tony, and why would he, unless he's just sick of it, which doesn't seem to be case.

#8 JillieBeans

JillieBeans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

I am sure with the shows popularity they will have Season Seven. They could not announce it during the show last night because we are all to think that Monk is dead. How could we think that if they announce another season? Who would be the lead character of “Monk” if Monk is dead? They will probably announce the new season after we see tat monk is indeed alive.

#9 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:04 PM

Hi Bubba here, I think there will be a season seven.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#10 Basia77

Basia77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

These episodes have convinced me that there will be a season seven - that is, if my theories are correct.

Mr. Monk Is On The Run Part I showed that the Sheriff was the one who set Monk up. He also told a lie they haven't addressed yet. The Sheriff told his deputy that he's always been into healthy living - exercise, juice, and he specifically mentioned that he didn't smoke. Then he turned around and told Stottlemeyer that he knew the Lt. Governor from sneaking cigarettes with him in high school. I think he lied to Stottlemeyer to explain how he could get the court order to tap Dr. Kroger's phone. I think someone else actually pulled the strings and got that order. While I think Monk is going to learn a lot about Trudy's murder, I think he's going to discover that it is just the tip of the iceberg.

I do think that they will wrap up a lot of things before the end of the show - like solving Trudy's murder and getting Monk reinstated with the police department. So, if this is the last season, Monk would have to clear his name, expose the sheriff, find out who is actually behind everything and collect enough evidence to convict that person so Trudy's case can be solved, and then get reinstated to the police department right after he escaped from custody - granted it was for a crime he didn't commit, but it is still illegal to break out of custody.

That is A LOT to accomplish in one episode, and I think it is darn near impossible. So that is why I think there will be at least one more season, and these finale episodes are just laying the groundwork for the next season.

Edited by Basia77, 16 February 2008 - 07:08 PM.

#11 BfloGal

BfloGal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

It probably will be cancelled. Why? Because I have a Monk-like curse that applies to almost every show I get interested in. I started watching Monk about a month ago, using the total immersion method. There are probably only a dozen or so episodes that I have not seen. I am totally obsessed, which means it's definitely on its way out. The same thing happened to Scarecrow and Mrs. King and Remington Steele. I started watching both in their final seasons. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. :(

I mean - I hope it's not cancelled, but I know it will be.

Edited by BfloGal, 16 February 2008 - 07:47 PM.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...
and sometimes that's the way to go.

#12 RAMRODSGIRL07

RAMRODSGIRL07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

It probably will be cancelled. Why? Because I have a Monk-like curse that applies to almost every show I get interested in. I started watching Monk about a month ago, using the total immersion method. There are probably only a dozen or so episodes that I have not seen. I am totally obsessed, which means it's definitely on its way out. The same thing happened to Scarecrow and Mrs. King and Remington Steele. I started watching both in their final seasons. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. :(

hmmm... let's just not say that ok? ok.

#13 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

No, it's not true. One day they'll decide to stop making it, but it will never be cancelled.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#14 persian85033

persian85033

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

There better be! At least I'm hoping! I can't see the show getting cancelled, or ending before he solves Trudy's murder, at least.

#15 JillieBeans

JillieBeans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Hey I did the same thing to "Buffy" and then "Angel" and later on "Charmed" :P . They were top rated shows until I got to watching them. I bet Josh hates me for that! I never watched firefly though. I hardly ever watch shows.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved