• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 tysmom

tysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

:) Burn Notice "The Fix" by Tod Goldberg is available for pre-order on Amazon.com. Aug. 5, 2008 is projected publishing date.

#2 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

:) Burn Notice "The Fix" by Tod Goldberg is available for pre-order on Amazon.com. Aug. 5, 2008 is projected publishing date.

Thanks for the information.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#3 tysmom

tysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

Thanks for the information.

You're welcome. It's going to seem like a long wait...Just like for season 2.

#4 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:09 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!! Thanks for the heads up, TVMom

#5 JennaV

JennaV

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

Thanks, tysmom! Was wondering if BN books would come out, because a lot of cult series have them. Yay, another thing to look forward to this summer!! :D

#6 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

#7 tysmom

tysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

#8 tysmom

tysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

Oops! Hit reply before I was done.

:D Vestokes, you're so fantastic with pics, clips and captions! The book club pic made my day. Thanks!

#9 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

Oops! Hit reply before I was done.

:D Vestokes, you're so fantastic with pics, clips and captions! The book club pic made my day. Thanks!

Thanks. I definitely enjoy doing it.

#10 ShawnSpencer

ShawnSpencer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

Cool! Can't wait to see it.

#11 badrobot

badrobot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

I had no idea there was going to be a BN book. I'm usually not that interested in these kinds of TV show books but I can't wait to check this one out. Hope it's a good read.

#12 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

I just got notice from Barnes & Noble that my copy of the book has been shipped. 

#13 mjwannabe

mjwannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Does anybody know if Tod Goldberg is any relation to Lee Goldberg, who does the Monk books?
The Whacked Out High Priestess of STOOPID (and part-time stupidity spiritual guide)

#14 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

Does anybody know if Tod Goldberg is any relation to Lee Goldberg, who does the Monk books?

Wikipedia says that are related.

#15 mjwannabe

mjwannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

Wikipedia says that are related.

Well then it must be accurate if Wikipedia said it! LOL j/k

Neither Lee nor Tod list it in their bios on their websites but they sure do look alike.
The Whacked Out High Priestess of STOOPID (and part-time stupidity spiritual guide)

#16 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

Well then it must be accurate if Wikipedia said it! LOL j/k

Neither Lee nor Tod list it in their bios on their websites but they sure do look alike.

LOL!!! Yeah. That's why I named the source. Any yahoo could have entered that information. For all they know Lee could his sister. 

#17 CAGilder

CAGilder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

From Tod Goldberg's Blog:

I just signed a three-book deal to write original novels based on the show Burn Notice for Penguin. How this came about is how many things come about when you're not expecting them -- your brother calls you from a scratchy phone in Germany and says, "Hey, do you like the show Burn Notice?" You reply, "Yeah, I love it. It's like an Elmore Leonard novel crossed with Steven Soderbergh's direction and a dash of Albert Brooks' mother issues for good measure. Why?" And then twenty minutes later you're on the phone with your agent, 36 hours later you're making demands of the publisher, 72 hours later you're sitting down with Matt Nix, who is your oldest and dearest friend's fraternity big brother, and who grew up down the street from you in Palm Springs and who has several of the same childhood friends as you, and also wonders how that very quiet, but very large, kid brother of Jason Homme became Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, and who you've known via emails for years, but never really in person, and you're discussing the show he created, Burn Notice, and then, about 100 hours later, you're figuring out just how on Earth you're going to meet your first deadline -- February -- without getting hooked on crank (again).

It's a unique opportunity for me sales-wise. When you write literary fiction, as I sort of do, it's not unusual to count sales in 4 digits as a success. And while I've earned a good reputation critically (I mean, you know, after Fake Liar Cheat...) for my work, I've never been a huge seller and this series of books will open me up to an audience that, heretofore, did not exist to me. I've always straddled the line between crime fiction and literary fiction, the result being that no one is quite sure where to shelve my books. Now I'll have these crime novels and the literary fiction, too. Plus, I love the show, it's fun to be working with Matt, and I now have a good (tax deductible) reason to go to Miami.

The second thing, and equally exciting thing, is that I finished my new short story collection this week (which I think will be called Where You Lived...but it could be called The Salt...or...The Models...or, well, I have 12 choices) and, after Thanksgiving, it will go out into the world to find a happy home. I think I know where I'd like that home to be, but it should be interesting to see where it all ends up. All I know for certain is that by the end of 2009, I'll have four new books out...which makes me a little sick to my stomach...

Maybe they are brothers?
Certified Burnologist

Posted Image

#18 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

very cool. thanks for the information.

#19 mjwannabe

mjwannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Maybe they are brothers?

Yeah I think they are. They definitely resemble one another. Thanks for posting this info!

#20 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Yes, they are brothers and write different books for shows. Lee is older than Tod by I think 9 or 11 years. A big diff in age but they love writing the books and Tod hopes that you'll love the BN book better than the Monk books, just out of sibling rivalry. Both are married with kids. Yes, got it off their own websites.

Edited by LuLuNY, 30 July 2008 - 10:05 AM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved